Questionable characters thread:

Post characters you've dreamt up who straddle the fine line between awesome and cringeworthy.

A Bullywug Monk who learned how to do martial arts from his extensive collection of "Eastern Scrolls", thrown out of his swamp by his parents and now is roaming the land searching for purpose.

All my characters are shit so there isn't enough room to post.

Funny enough, I wanted to make a Bullywug warrior who survived a ship wreck and winds up in a foreign land, and desperately wants to go home.

A good-natured sell sword who is a bit on the dumb side and his snarky/tsundere sentient weapon who usually ends up saving the aforementioned merc's ass.

a former video game junkie turned decker so he could have enough money for games and somewhere to play aforementioned games

Granted, not really awesome, but wanted to go more with fun

...accompanied by his trusty donkey friend.

A old mariner who lost his sanity to the sea after his ship was attacked by a sea creature
He is just a poor excuse to do a pirate voice in game

user, it would be awesome without the magic lighting bullshit.
With it, it's Cringe 2000

a swashbuckling rogue from a very, very, VERY large family of adventurers, cutthroats, heroes, mercenaries, and the like
His motivation lies in being regarded as a hero, while letting the others in the party do the rest of the legwork
Also, he has a donkey/pack mule called George to carry most of his stuff so he can look gallant, brave, and dashingly handsome with his leather armor and rapier

A Judge Dredd esque paladin with a rigid sense of morality, willing to do what is necessary for the protection of the common, law abiding citizens

It sounds good, but can be a bitch to play without ending up at odds with the other party members

I played a Mulatto Half-Saiyan in a DBZ campaign.

He had a Golden afro when he went Super Saiyan, and did Jive trash-talking of his enemies.

A witcheress, plain and simple.

I brought that to the table in June and ever since I'm hearing Ciri jokes.
This is what you've got for being bard for life

so, lawful good with a focus on good, but as defined by lawful

Sounds like an intriguing attempt to both avoid as well as attempt to play Lawful Stupid

I'd see at least two movies about that.

Aasimar fiend tomb warlock whose moral compass is loosely based on the Rules of Acquisition

Liazardman hunter wannabe swordsman whos a humanboo. I like the idea of him becoming more jaded in time towards LN, but I think people would just label me a furry.

Escaped ninja clan heir who is better at breaking his own bones over the heads of his enemies than any kind of stealth.

I've been toying this idea around for a Super Hero setting.

Former Villain-turned-attempted-Hero, but his brand of evil was mainly jaywalking, loitering, walking on grass though the sign asks not to, sitting on recently painted benches though the sign asks not to, and buying 11 items on the 10-items-or-less line on the Grocery store. His worst crime was the petty theft of candy from babies. He's still very tempted by committing these evil acts again.

Very hammy, he loves to cackle maniacally, rub his hands together, and remind everyone of his greatness and intelligence. He has a high-pitched voice with a German accent. He can be annoying in-character but I hope the irony of his arrogant statements and his stupidity could be funny.

His main power is his immense intellect, which he uses to build amazing inventions, though some of them are incredibly useless or stupid, like his old evil scheme to fill every hole in every swiss cheese or donut because he hates food with wholes in it, which completely worked and went unfoiled.

He's also an old Korean-German man who served in the War as a technician and engineer. Loves America and fought for it, but was born in North Korea during Kim Jong Il's reign and has a granddaughter still living there.

A genius mage little girl that only uses support spells. She's my main character of heart, but I never get a chance to play in a setting where she would fit.

Luchador Dwarf.

A kobold thief who comes from a society of kobold who aspire to be dragons, and so the 'bold with the largest hoard of material goods is the current defacto ruler. He wants to change the system from an oligarchy to a ???, but he can't do that without the favor and consent of the masses. So to beat the system he has to win it, turning to a life of stealing gold, finery, and high end textiles to raise his social status back home. Uses mostly cat burglary and non-lethal methods, as he's generally not willing to kill if it's not in self-defense. Plays a support role for the party, scouting and planning most encounters ahead of time, and always insists (loudly) that this extra work entitles him to a larger than average share of the party's take. No-one bothered to ask his back story, so they basically ignore him and divide up treasure normally. Comedy ensues.

So, basically ASOTIL? That would be fucking awesome.

A young girl with a few levels in fighter and aspirations of paladin, hunting the mage who went insane and slaughtered her entire village. She has still has the sword of the paladin who saved her, losing his life in the process.

The catch is she has the plot macguffin that drove the mage insane, the not!necronomicon, that caused the catastrophe. She's tried breaking it and burning it, but hasn't been able to even mar the pages. So she keeps it chained shut and keeps an eye out for anything that might be able to destroy it, as well as people trying to steal it from her.

>she doesn't tell the party what she has

A witch exiled by her people and family for witchcraft, uses blood as fuel for her magic to summon otherworldly creatures and siphon the energy from her foes, carries with her the journal of a diseased witch from the same town

Known for his battle cry of 'REEEEEE' and utter disdain for 'normies?'

a group with an arbitrary definition that encompasses anyone who disagrees with the monk or lives a lifestyle even barely different to his own