Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Enter. Stage. Right. Edition

Alright ladies and Penals! The good news is, the new planetary garrison has finally arrived, alongside fresh blood for our regiment. The bad news is, we haven't gotten permission to leave planet yet.
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>Why don't you guys move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why. Quests are directed by a single GM giving choices to the players, this is completely freeform.

>Then what the fuck is this?
Somewhat of a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay set in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xHR-rzUjCzU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he peers into the distance trough his binoculars, hoping the enemy would show itself
>Highly unlikely, considering they are Eldar

>Kane is in the garrison, looking around

>he walks down from the rampant

Any sightings, guardsman?

>Sits at the mess hall

>he smiles
"Heretics, xenos, mutants and blasphemers working together sir...but that's normal"

>Melissa would currently be in the Medicae. The medics having reported that she is going through PTSD, and she'll shock at the sight of having seen more than an entire platoon brutally slaughtered Infront of her, leaving her the only survivor.

>Meanwhile... Malak and his squad have left the system aboard the crusier "Order in the Darkness". The same ship that had moments ago, deployed both a new garrison towards the planet's surface, As well as reinforcements for Theta Gamma.
>Their orders are to return to the Schola Progenium to assist with training new Scions for the next few months.

>A Devourer class dropship lands in the airfield
>Several tan-uniformed men unload and stand at attention
>Their commanding officer approaches the nearest guardsman
Greetings. I am Lieutenant Yamato. Would you please direct me to the highest ranking officer here?

Currently, that would be me. Second lieutenant Jericho Aadenberg. Company commander of others Gamma's third company.

For the emperor, son.. for the emperor

>he pats his shoulder and moves on

>Is sad that she's troubled
>But Melissa is strong, and Ragaa has no doubt she's going to be all right
>The food tastes like rotten swamp moss in her absence, though

>He salutes
Lieutenant Yamato of the 4th Amaterasan Rising Sons, at your service.

>Alice would have temporarily returned to her Cruiser, to consult planetary data and reports from the outpost.

>Would walk out from his designated office to check that the collars over the men are being propperly removed as ordered by Inquisitor Wellesley, including the one on Kane.

>His bionic arm is still being constructed so on the meantime he's a one armed man.

Sergeant Major Guerre, is there a status report avaliable?

>the Amaterasans are in formation on the airfield
>They salute the Commissar as he walks past

>He greets the man with a salute

No sign of the eldar for days now, sir.
They might be retreating or building up for an attack

>Kane walks to him
"I think...we started off on the wrong foot"

>The scarred man would give a small nod of his head.

It's a pleasure to finally meet an officer who isn't bat shit crazy like some of the ones in my regiment. But that's besides the point... is there something I can do for you Lieutenant?

We only wish to serve the immortal Emperor on this and every day, Lieutenant. How may we do so at this moment?

>Shortly after the first one had landed, a second Devourer class troop transport would land upon the compound's now overly crowed airfield.
>Moments after landing, the enormous transport would begin to deploy it's contents into the compound.
>Lines of Infantry wearing dark blue flak armour, with grey underclothes would begin to deploy down the transports three separate ramps, each line followed by a squadron of mechanized vehicles, including Chimeras, Leman Russ' of all varieties, sentinels, and even a few Taurox's APC's.
>Upon each troopers left pauldron would be painted in white, the number "277".
>After gathering upon the field in a neat and orderly fashion, the troopers would start to be addressed by supposedly their commander.

>The man would nod his head.

Understood. I'll see check to see where you're supposed to be.

Do you have your orders Lieutenant Yamato?

Think they'll be fine down there? I am not sure if this reg is made for commissars...

No, sir. We only know that we are part of this regiment now.

>He salutes back to all of them.
Eldar don't simply retreat, they're hiding something...
Indeed. I admit my error, and express my apologies, trooper.
>He salutes him too.

I suspect that with RSM Guerre there, things will work out....okay. Better than they were at least.

>From afar, the guardsmen would appear more equipped to fight in an urban setting, rather than In a death word's jungles.
>The troopers would listen with utmost intent, as they stand at attention before what would appear to be their regimental Commander. A Colonel from the look of things.
>Before long, the Commander would finish up with whatever speech he was giving, and the troopers would be dismissed, with most of the squad's and vehicle's headed to a certain predetermined location.
>A few however, would seem to wander around rather aimlessly.
>One such trooper would appear to be carrying some kind of bulky, silver back pack of some kind.

Hrm. I guess... I heard they were hit by eldar...

>>His brow (or what was left of it upon it half burned face) would furrow upon hearing this news.

I see... I'll see if I can't have you and your men's orders sorted out.

Thank you.

>The small, diminutive looking trooper would seem to be stareing intently at the men and women of Theta Gamma, as if looking for something of great importance. >Occasionally the lone trooper would stand upon the tips of their toes in an effort to get a slightly better vantage point.
>When they didn't find it, the trooper would appear to sigh, before trying again with another batch of troopers from Theta Gamma.

Yes....what of it? All it means is that there was something on this world that they want to protect.

wrong name XD

>a valkyrie lands with fresh blood
>an odd man stands out, with the standard military issue clothing, but with a leather jacket over his back and dark shades, carrying a guitar case
>he walks nonchalantly, mumbling something to himself
>his walk becomes more rythmic as his mumbles get louder
"So you gotta let me know-so you gotta let me know-so you gotta let meee..."
>he stands in the middle of it all, drops his case and makes an Elvis pose
"Should I stay or should I go?"
>he puts his hands on his hips
"So, this is where I die"
"Well, better than home"

Could it be they were looking for our prisonner?

What? Don't be daft, they'd have needed a Farseer to predict we'd be.....here.....
>Alice's expression quickly changes to a contemplative one....She quickly fetches a Vox handset. "Sergeant, ask Kara to come to my office whenever she finishes her current activity."

>Comes a few minutes later, whistling over the halls as she walks, for a prisonner she's being given a lot of... freedom.

>Kane nods to Eisen and goes to the jungle, away from the noise.
>just a little silence, all he needs
>he lies on a broken tree with a smile

>She's waiting for him there actually.
>Jumps down from a branch next to him, still cloaked.
So much green...

>he smiles
"I just can't escape you, can I?"

>She giggles
Are you even trying?

Hey'a Kara, how's things?
>Alice smiles at surprisingly, well, surprising to anyone that hasn't been on the whip for a while.
You having fun?

"Don't know why I would...what idiot would run from such a sweet voice and...mennacing weaponry?"
>he smirks

A bit... I was... Watering a plant...

It was...

...a new experience...

>She looks entirely serious on a so mundane matter for a human.

>She chuckles lightly.
A sane one maybe...
>She sits with him.
I...
>Her tone changed completely
I heard they placed a collar on you... I'm glad they removed it...

>Alice looks at her seriously, but internally she's wondering if it's -really- that big of a deal for someone who hasn't done it before.
Did you....enjoy it....at least? Or...did it....relax you?

>On her search the woman would almost stumble upon the commissar.
Trooper?

What are you just doing?

I don't know... maybe?

It was... new?

Maybe nice?

>he smiles and puts an arm around her
"Not the only thing removed..."

Well....I'm glad you experienced something new. But....I'm afraid I might have bad news....

Oh?
They didn't remove your... you know, they didn't make you... that thing they do to kroot dogs so they behave when they reach certain age so they don't get the whole place messy

Oh...

This is the part where you execute me right?

I was... actually starting to think I was more than a prisonner here...

Should I start resisting now or will it be a clear shot to the head?

Oh! Will you want to rape the body afterwards? If so I'll at least tell you how to remove the armor straps, specially the zones with spikes both in and out.

>he looks at her with a shocked look
>he starts laughing loudly
"No! For god's sake! I got removed from Slaanesh's party club! I'm no longer under her influence, I'm no longer...immortal"

>Upon seeing the man's Commisar uniform, the woman's eyes would widen for but a moment before returning to normal with a small flutter of her eye lashes.
>She would seem to be in the midst of a small curtsy, when she would suddenly stop herself from grasping at the edges of an imaginary dress, before changing it into a firm salute.
>When she speaks, it is with a rather polite, gentle sounding voice. Something you would expect to hear in a ballroom, rather than from a trained soldier.

My sincerest apologies M'Lord. I didn't see you there while I was walking by.

>She'd flash him a small, polite looking smile.

I suppose I should mind my absent-mindedness while walking out on the tarmac, shouldn't eye.

But to answer your question. I suppose one could say I'm "inspecting the troops" so to speak... More specifically, I'm looking for someone In particular.

W-what?!
>Alice sounds -and looks- absolutely horrified.
No! I'd never do that! I just needed to ask you if any of your 'kin' would want you back badly enough they'd make a deal with Craftworlders!

Oh... you were inmortal?

"I...lived for ten thousand years? Remember?"

Hrm...
>His only hand would bring a datapad out of his pocket.

Name and Regiment of Origin.

Oh.

Nah. They don't care for shit.

Well cryogenesis exists!

It does exist on your end right

>drinks water from a canteen and observes the new arrivals, thinking its good to have fresh troops in the face of a potential eldar attack that might or might not strike at any moment

Oh.......well -we- care....
Guess the Eldar were after something else then.

Sorry for worrying you.

>Jaemis wipes his head as he sorts through the last of the new 6th Company soldiers
>He sits on his tank and sips from a canteen
>The Eldar power sword is tucked in a sheath on his back, hiding it

"Uhmm...I...uhh...hmmm"
>quick distraction helmet kiss

Do you now?

I am not so sure...

O-oh I uhm... uh... uhm...

I...

>Looks down.

I uhm... uh... wasn't... uh... expecting that...

>'The' Hammerhead floats over, and most of the hatches are open, so that the six Crewmen can salute Guerre as it floats to a stop. They're all smiling, Felinid too, though that's not surprising, the 'issues' she and the man had were resolved a while ago.

I h-hope...

>he salutes back with a small smile

Why would we not care Kara?
>Alice sounds sad at that doubt.

>the odd man wanders aimlessly
"Hnmmm..."
>he sits down and plays his guitar
youtu.be/xHR-rzUjCzU

I don't meant you... you... you seem nice... you are nice actually...
>She looks around the other people on the room, specially Sam.

Malak Ordenius, formally of the late 277th Orvustillian Mechanised Infantry Regiment. I doubt you actually know him, but you:ve seen him?

>Her eyes fluster for a moment as speaks, and she one again flashes the Commissar a polite smile.
>With a swift, yet elegant movement of her shoulder, she would hoist the massive silver pack upon her back (which at this distance would be revealed to be a large power pack, with large red and black cables running out of the bottom of it, and into the bottom of an inactive plasma gun).

He has piercing blue eyes... Like that of a well polished blue Sapphire that glitters in the morning light. A rather fair complexion, similar to my own, though it perhaps is a little more darkened considering how long it's been...

He stands at about 6'3", so about a foot taller than myself...

>As she had said, she probably stands at about 5'2"-5'3".

He has thick, blonde hair. Probably in a shaggy style by this time, if he hasn't already had someone shave it for him...

>Her lips seem to pout upon saying this, but return to normal before the difference can be confirmed.

And he should be of an athletic build.

>he does it again
"A-hah, but did you expect it twice?"

>Said Felinid, and the Valhallan would step out of the tank bearing gifts, a bottle of -proper- Vod- Amasec, and a chocolate cake that, upon further inspection would taste like actual chocolate, and good chocolate at that! "Y-You deserved the promotion s-si-....Sergeant Major, w-wasn't right what they done to yo- Oh....I already said that w-when you got back....s-sorry...."
Well....uh....what she said.
>The remainder nod their assent.

I know Stormtrooper Ordenius, he's been called back to the schola for training of new recruits.

>The people in the room would be Alice, Sam, and a few Stormtroopers, ones who volunteered to 'guard' her -Basically requisition whatever she wanted, since 'prisoners aren't allowed to requisition restricted items'-, they would smile.
Well....thank you then, I'm glad you know we care.

>he looks at the cake and then up at them and Anya
>with wide eyes, not expecting this

Is that cake..

>he cant finish the sentance

N-no...
>She blushes again

>She whispers:
If I am to be honest... I wasn't expecting... this treatment from Mon'Keigh.

>Her eyes would widen momentarily upon hearing this, before quickly going back to normal.

I... I see... it is a shame that we didn't get here sooner... I was hopeing to see him again....

>Looking away from the Commissar for moment, she would bite down on the tip of her right thumb. Her lips formed into a small pout. She'd obviously be angered by the recent outcome of events.
>It wouldn't take more than a few seconds before shed realize the face she was making as she did this, and would stop before doing any actual damage to the skin. An embarressed look on her face at having some such a thing.

W-well then.... I'll just have to settle for writing him I suppose...

You two have an history together I believe?

>"C-Chocolate...The good stuff too."
We....might have...'charmed' someone...who totally 'wasn't' someone in charge of supplies to 'lose' a pack or two of the 'high end' stuff from the manifest. Or we might not have nothing can be proved like...
>There's even a fresh knife next to the cake for clean cutting. "T-Try some?" "Da Comrade, we put a lot of effort into this cake, everyone helped."

>he looks moved
Oh.. for me?
I.. i dont know what to say..
thank you, thank you so much

>his hands move around as he cant find a comfoortable position to hold them

There's good in you still, if you'd remember where.
>Alice whispers too.
But that is something we can only -help- with, the rest, must come from you.

>She would give the man a staut nod of her head. Pleasant smile on her face.

I would hope so M'Lord. After all... the man IS my older brother!

>he pulls her into his arms
"I want to see how hard you are blushing"

>She shakes her head.
You're in for a big disappointment, my race was cursed, I am cursed. Nothing good will ever come for me if it isn't for my own profit.

>She doesn't look entirely sincere albeit you can never be sure with Eldar, body language is an important part of their conversations for them after all.

>The comissar's eyebrows would move, raised in surprise, not like it would be noticeable under the tac-mask, but his sudden head turn in her direction would probably give away his reaction. Albeit he'd regain composture inmediately afterwards.

That's... ahem, that's a rare occurrence on a penal regiment. What was the crime that caused your conscription?

>One butler like 'teleportation' -Seriously, how did he do that?- of Churchill later, and the cake is nimbly moves out of the way, meaning that he would be able to hug Anya and Vana -The rest will undoubtedly come later-. They might even hug him themselves.

Are you truly cursed, or do you only curse yourselves?

>She lifts her faceplate
W-well i-if you insist...

>Is still eating
>Albeit he has already eaten more than his share, he still has more on his platter
>Guardsmen waste barely any food, but the ones on cleaning duty are still surprised that there is nothing in the bin reserved for scraps

Eeeeerrrrrrr...

>She tries to avoid answering that question by pointing at Alice's holstered weapons.

When will I be able to pick my guns back?

Hrmh.....perhaps....or maybe you'd like to try human weapons? See the other side of the 'coin'?
>It sounds like a harmless suggestion, nothing more.
But speaking of weapons.....we should probably go check out the jungle...

>he smiles and rubs his nose against the spot where hers is supposed to be
"You're so cute, you know that?"

I.. am just so very greatful that you would do this..for me..
even though i was your comissar..

>they might see the reflection of rain in his eye

..no guardsman.. has ever.. been so kind

Oh! I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm afraid I'm not actually "with" your regiment M'Lord!

>The guardswoman would give a polite curtsy before speaking.

Private first class, Isabelle Ordenius, of the newly reformed 277th Orvustillian Mechanised Infantry Regiment, at your service M'Lord.

>Her eyes would flutter as looks into the eye slits of Commissar's tac mask. Almost as if she could see past. The look on her face is quite lady like. Far from the look any soldier should ever have.

I and my regiment have been assigned to garrison duty here on planet.

My rifle is modified from one of your... primite weapons, Mon'Keigh, a trophy from ages past...

And what's the matter with suddenly wanting to check the jungle and asking about my kin paying craftworlders to rescue me? You found something?

>Gasps.

...You too...

You were -And are- a human being who acted -and acts- in a humane way.....even when dealing with those of us who are born....differently.
>Anya flinches.
That's.....too rare. And we value our friends. It's nice to be appreciated, y'know?