>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cfDwQbxRoEo
pastebin.com/mzSVEAZ5
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/4th_Wall_Awareness
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jumpers, have you ever had your presence noted by the 4th wall aware character noticing that they're no longer limited by a T (or whatever) rating?

>You can't do that now, Plutia, we'll lose our T rat-wait, no, the rating board can't save us anymore! Nooo!, etc.

Are there any perks that let you always smell a certain way?

What happens when you Jump from one world to the next and how does it feel?

50546324▶

I know that Red Wall's "saint" perk gives you an aura that smells like lilacs, and there's a few "perpetually clean perks" that give you a fresh scent.

Are you looking for osmething in specific?

>>You can't do that now, Plutia, we'll lose our T rat-wait, no, the rating board can't save us anymore! Nooo!, etc.

You try stopping Plutia when she doesn't have to worry about those pesky ratings boards. I'm sure she'll find it very filling, as it were.

Goofed the code there.

I end up in either the warehouse, or a white void, with the Benefactor sitting in-front of me in a new guise.
Doesn't feel like anything, just one moment I'm in one world, the next I'm there.

You know on those old TVs where when you changed the channel, it looked like a wave of static moving the frame upwards before you were on a different channel? It's like that. Sudden, not much warning, and involves the sound and sight of static for a split second. Then the jump starts like nothing happened.

My benefactor claims I make my purchases and then forget about them. I don't believe them.

I'm not necessarily saying you'd be doing anything to them, merely that they might notice they are no longer under the purview of CERO.

Whats a good setting to stretch my mind control powers and 'relax'?

Youtube, Generic Medical Drama, other "Real Life But X" jumps where the X doesn't include Magic Police.

Like a hypnic jerk. Y'know, when you're trying to sleep and randomly feel like you're falling, jolting you completely awake.

Bit of a rush.

At the ten year mark the Jump officially ends after Jumper goes back into the Warehouse, and closes the door while inside it effectively cutting it's connection to the Jump.

After that comes the end of jump 'chat with The Benefactor, and the negotiations for the next Jump. Once that's done the last step to seal the deal is to open the Warehouse door again as it's stabilizing, and 'fall' into the next world.

In my case, 'Jumper' is a rather literal nickname for how the Benefactor likes me to do things.

>'Jumper' is a rather literal nickname

What, do you tend to Goomba Stomp things for them?

I retreat into my warehouse, usually working on creating equipment that "just came to me" designing things I've bought with ChoicePoints in the meta, once I come out of the trance-like build frenzy I come out of my portal in a strange and new land.

Sometimes there are scattered notes of who I am, sometimes I fall from the sky, never is it the same as before, and never are they expecting the sports car to talk back.

Titanfall Questions, can you upgrade your companions to command instead of pilot, can you spend normal CP in the Titan/Ship customization sections?

Considering I plan to hunt down Deadpool in pretty much every setting I can find him in just to hang out with the goofball, I'm pretty sure that my answer is going to be yes in the future.

There's this white room, except it's not really a room because there are no walls and ceiling, just whiteness. The floor is white tile with thin, black grout. My Companions are always there as well. Sometimes the Coordinator puts in a personal appearance, other times there's just a metal filing cabinet containing an assortment of Jump Documents for me to choose from. On Punishment Jumps, there's just a single document, already filled out and unable to be altered.

We're allowed to spend time discussing options, but the Coordinator doesn't grant us infinite amounts of it. He will tell us to get on with it if we spend too long dicking around. Once literally. The the world just sort of fades in around us like someone slowly turning down the brightness.

It's a fairly painless process. The Coordinator recently let me 'see under the hood' a bit. I'm apparently not allowed to share because the process is individual to each Coordinator, but I will say it's a spectacularly subtle bit of magic.

That sounds like a good way to encounter a certain supervillain sitting on your couch one day. Deadpool's taste in women causes him some issues.

I fall asleep in one world, then when I wake up I'm in a different world. It's also quite possible I'm a different person when I wake up too.

I choose to sleep even after I get "don't need to sleep" perks, so power gaming isn't an issue for me.

You'd be surprised how effective that can be! Few things are prepared for surprise Power Bounce or Super Jump.

Though I meant it more as an early jump hazing ritual for Drop In backgrounds; where the Benefactor literally make him /Drop Into/ the world in question via high altitud portal.

It's disconcerting as fuck. All of a sudden I realize nobody's around me, not even my Companions. That's when the Benefactor shows up. She chats with me for a while, sometimes about decisions I made and sometimes just about random things, but at some point we always end up deciding on where I'm going and what I'm spending my points on. Then once I've made all my decisions, I get an overwhelming urge to blink, and when my eyes open, I'm in a new body.

You ever have a dream, and the moment you 'realize' it's a dream, it's like the world suddenly falls out from under you and you completely black out, only to wake up? It's like that. And it sucks.

(Outlaw Star) #144
-Background: Mechanic (900CP) -In a world of spaceships and weapons, this will be good.
-Race: Bio-Android (Free) -Gotta keep the human looks up, but adding something extra.
-Repair Savvy (Free) -This is space. With futuristic technology. I. Need this.
-Tao Magic (600CP) -A mysterious pirate with magic!
-Diagnostic Tool (Free) -Hooooly SHIT I need this.
-Tao Spellbook (400CP) -Creating my own spells? YES. Let's get this party started!
-Ship Frame: Large (350CP) -And my own ship to start! Let's work on this bad beast.
-Ship Frame: Extra Large (250CP) -Actually let's play it safe, the Arcadia IS 1200 meters long.
-Ship Weapon: Grappler Armsx2 (200CP) (8 slots left) -I'll work on this myself.
-Ship Weapon: Reinforced Grappler Arms (150CP) (7 Slots Left) -These arms will be TOUGH.
-Ship Weapon: Grappler Gunx4 (0CP) (Discount) (3 slots left) -Won't complain, time to upgrade!
-Ship Weapon: Laser Cannons (-150CP) (2 slot left) -IT'S A FUCKING RAVE SHOW HERE.
-Ship Upgrade: A.I. (Free) -Little buddy, you will keep track of my ship.
-Ship Upgrade: Advanced Repair Drones (-250CP) (1 slot left) -When out of combat, I want to make sure I don't explode.
-Ship Upgrade: Etheric Sails/Hull Reinforcement (-400CP) -Either a back-up or a booster? While armor is better? I'm for it.
-Ship Upgrade: Room Upgrades (-500CP) -Better rooms and an actual luxury bathroom.
-Friends in Luo Places (-300CP)
-Full Frontal Piracy (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Heifong, 16 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

So I have that Arcadia from Harlock that I upgraded with SupCom! Anyone remember that? The thing I used my demonic Stand on? Sometimes you don't want just a warship that runs around and shoots things up. No, what you want is a GLAMOROUS warship.

(1/2)

I've got a golden pocketwatch that counts down how long I have left. When the clock hits one minute, I start dissolving into ash.

Waking back up is... Well, I wake back up. And then I get out of bed, stretch, and go off to explore the new jump.

(2/2)

So naturally I splurged like no one's business. Now this rather large ship's got a crazy set of four arms that can sucker punch other ships, arm CANNONS, a decent amount of laser cannons, additional AI to help the ship's engine spirit, and even a nice repair unit/hull reinforcement to make it even more bullshit than before. But then we get to the room upgrades. Luxury rooms and a luxury bathroom are wonderful for a ship like this... I mean, what if I get into a setting where I have to spend a large period of time in space? I don't want to live like a fucking SAVAGE. So naturally these rooms are going to look top of the line. I'll maybe improve the actual walking halls later. Maybe put in a nice little rec area.

But great rewards come at a great price. So not only do I have this Luo person constantly hounding me to collect some kind of money debt (probably from upgrading this absurd ship to begin with), but now I've got a pirate problem. What the fuck is it with pirates and pulling this shit. THERE'S BETTER PREY, GO FUCK OFF SOMEWHERE. Why would you even attack the person in debt?! Is it my ship? You want my ship? Fuck you, you're not getting the ship! I don't appreciate that!

Needless to say, I'm going to be moving around. A lot.

But at least I'm comfy.

So, we've discussed dragons a lot, but what are good settings for making half dragons?

I just 'wake up' to the new world.

A bit sudden and disorienting.

Don't worry, I plan to have a good, long talk with the purple menace and try to explain to him that she's just not that into him and he needs to find someone else to do with his time. Then I'm going to suggest model trains.

Considering the types of perks I tend to pick up, I might have a decent shot at convincing him.

I agree with your approach to comfort. No one wants to spend two months in space staring at a metal hull plate and sitting on a thin mattress bunk.

Honestly, who does that?

Any if you're the dragon.

Most fantasy settings allow for that one way or another.

D&D
Fire Emblem
Hero Union BBS
Terraformars if you have samples
etc

What jump options are there if I wanted to import an intelligent weapon as a companion? I'm assuming there's ways to do so, but I wasn't sure if I just had to fanwank it, or there were actual CP ways to do it.

Talking about how the actual "travel to another universe" thing works makes me wonder, how does Jumpchan/whatever you call your benefactor get in touch with you?

I like a "Joan of Arcadia" style thing where it's a random person just walking up to you.

Or I would, if my current chain didn't have jumping as a thing that just happens, along with some minor plot-magnet stuff to enforce interesting times, with Jumper having no idea why.

Soul Eater?

Is that Edward Kenway?

Benefactor bothers me when I'm alone, or with companions. Usually wearing some 'joke' guise.

Gentaro Kisaragi ,how can such , camaraderie and forgiveness and everything good in humanity exist in such an enormous quantities in one person!

we usually get into the really hard stuff and Commiserate with each other over the troubles of being surrounded by narratively unaware people
pretty jarring, It's like the set dressing that makes reality is suddenly torn apart around you and replaced by the warehouse Sometimes I think I can see the backstage area, it's not meant for even a jumper's eyes,it's a lot like what a baseline Human sees when they're on DMT only infinitely more so and the fractal elves are much bigger,like hundreds of magnitudes bigger

A quick google search makes me think it is, but it's just something I picked up in my wandering of image boards, so it might be an OC.

My Coordinator doesn't contact me during Jumps. At all. He's content to just sit back and watch. That said, if I bore him, he's not above twisting the world to force me to become interesting. The plague he introduced in Avatar: The Last Airbender was proof enough of that. Sometimes he'll only nudge Drawbacks along, but if I haven't taken any, he gets creative.

It. Feels. Amazing.

Would an EX NP that acts as a reverse Gae Bolg to reverse cause and effect to make it so the user was never harmed work?

Of course, depending on the setting, you then have to deal with their friends wondering how you managed to talk them into getting shitfaced with you and making assumptions that fit the genre better.

How does swapping cause and effect prevent damage, pray tell?

Might want to reword that user, since all you're doing is making sure every attack against you always hits no matter what.

There's a month long period spent in the Warehouse between each jump. After that, and making my choices for a jump, each jump starts with me "waking up" at my origin's equivalent to childhood.

The fate screwery involved with Gae Bolg amounts to "The heart of the target will be pierced, so the wielder must thrust the spear exactly so." The effect determines the cause.

She usually ghosts in out of nowhere, stopping time in order to speak with me. At least, that's during the jump. Outside of that, she just talks to me like a normal person.

I'm gonna guess he means something like, "his current unharmed status is now the effect of whatever his opponent is trying to do".

Or maybe he don't write very good english.

Yes and what you just wrote means you'd be applying that effect to enemies for them, meaning all their hits would hit you as if they were Gae Bolg's activated effect.

Reality seems to twist slightly such as prospective suddenly shifting to allow her to come into view, then Miss Producer just tells me what she wants,that's if she is contracting me in the warehouse between jumps, if it's during a jump. It's a lot closer to video related youtube.com/watch?v=cfDwQbxRoEo
then we explain and tell them the truth, we share a lament That we do not with you and are willing to put things aside for a moment to just Help each other get it off our chest

>pic
It isn't often that you see an adorable Mechwarrior pic. That's awesome.

She just shows up. More often than not she's waiting for me somewhere and if it's somewhere or something I've bought with CP you can bet she's helping herself to it. Variable Fighters do not need crushed velvet interiors, although the mohair seat covers are nice. My Benefactor has always been a curious mixture of personable and distant.

The phrasing was clumsy, but context makes his intent obvious, user. The opposite of Gae Bolg in that it prevents damage instead of ensuring it, operating by the same sort of reversal of cause and effect the original did.

It would activate when grievous/fatal damage was received to make it so you never took the damage to begin with. It would obviously be extremely draining

Which brings us back to "and how does that work?" Because there's a missing step for actually negating the damage as presented.

I'm fairly certain I know what you're intending (Something more like King Crimson then Gae Bolg? At least in what the effect results in if not the method to get there) but I'd really rather you say it more clearly before I say yes or no since you're being rather confusing about this.

I'm usually better at this whole English thing, I promise.

Basically, when you died, took fatal damage, or at least enough damage to be incapacitated, it would activate and retroactively make it so you never took that damage to begin with.

What would an EX Gate of Babylon be? A large city-sized pocket dimension?

You're thinking Fragrach, not Gae Bolg, then.

What's the deal with Disgaea?

I know right? All the armaments and firepower in the system isn't going to do much if you're just pissy and uncomfortable during the entire time.

(Code Lyoko) #145
-Background: Whiz Kid (900CP) -Don't mind me!
-Lyoko Avatar (Free) -Um... fuck it, elf ranger.
-Einstein (Free) -Clickity clack, typing away on the computer!
-Reprogram (800CP) (Discount) -I'm all for editing programs when needed.
-Quantum Computing (500CP) (Discount) -SIT. THE FUCK. DOWN. I am programming WELL.
-Uplink (100CP) -Oh look, a few certain things are computers. IT BEGINS.
-Genius Glasses (Free) -Make it fancy, then we're in style.
-Scanner (-100CP) (Discount) -Wait. Three giant golden pillars. That scan what's in the middle.
-Land of the Giant Foreheads (-100CP)
-Here Come The Men In Black (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 11 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Wait do I... what is this. Why is my forehead like... oh this is so wrong. I need to get out of this weird-ass appearance so quickly, otherwise it's going to feel like my freakishly huge head is making me some weird target or a soccer ball for people to kick. ...what is even with this? Forget the MIB, forget them trying to swoop in and take tech, THIS is the bullshit I can't put up with.

People may stare at me weirdly, but at least I'm going to have an anatomically correct head. I don't want my head to look like a balloon.

Either way. Uplink alone is pretty sick from being able to use my magical computer's processing power at any time. Even better is the reprogramming/quantum computing that will further augment my spell programs. It's bad enough that they update their own coding on their own over time, but this is just gonna be icing on the cake. The scanners will also be a large boon to my operations.

No, seriously. WHAT IS WITH THE FOREHEADS. THIS IS SO DISTRACTING.

What's the deal with airline food?

It's a Japanese SRPG sitcom about demons and their relationships, interspersed with at least one asshole trying to destroy everything.

Generic Shitty Standup Jump when?

Oh. Okay then.

So yeah, King Crimson. It'd definitely be EX but I think it's still within the limits. Any use would be extremely costly (Enough that unless you're going A or above on the Mana stat, one use will pretty much leave you spent), I'd say it'd only work if you're actually aware enough to activate it so if you get instagibbed from behind you're kinda screwed and that similar rules to defending against Gae Bolg also apply to bypassing it, namely having a high Luck stat giving a chance of bypassing and that certain abilities, Skills and/or items might also give a chance to bypass it, such as how Instinct skill raises the chance to dodge Gae Bolg or how someone with anti-fate powers might just ignore Gae Bolg's effect entirely.

Should work with those limits, which are basically it's energy intensive, it needs to be activated and it can potentially be bypassed by being supernaturally Lucky or with certain abilities or items.

Fairly sure I've said it's that yeah, though if you want to be 100% certain it should be in the archives. I don't see any reason for it not to be large city level at EX.

Pretty much a combination of these two: After a month of fucking around in the warehouse, a hole opens up beneath me and I find myself falling through a high-altitude portal toward whatever the rolled location is.

Man, the jumps before I found a means of slowing my descent were fun.

Alright, appreciate it.

Isn't Fragrach just a shittier Gae Bolg?

Isn't that pretty much how DAA "healing factors" work?

>DAA
What's that?

So, what happened to the City of Heroes: Going Rogue gauntlet? There was a paste of it here pastebin.com/mzSVEAZ5 but it got deleted.
Is it still being worked on or has the claim been dropped?

I can't reply to Manyfist's post in the other thread, but Rain from G Gundam won my respect because she actually was pretty patient with me when I would freak the fuck out over the giant robots because I was very much out of my element in the jump, being more used to fantasy settings. She'd always patiently offer me advice and helped ground me every time I freaked out and no one was around to really help me deal with it.

What 4th wall aware characters are there besides Deadpool?

There are a few pheromone perks, but no smell good perks as far as I know.
But smells are just chemicals. So modify your biology to regularly pump out the stuff you want to smell like.

Actually, Twipires canonically smell pretty amazing to humans, so maybe that's something you'd be willing to do.
Twipires get a bad name because of shitty characters, but in a vacuum they're pretty badass.

Yeah, it's called magic.

No, for a few reasons. One, you're thinking of Dead Apostles. Dead Apostle Ancestors include many non DA beings.

Two, it's more that their regen is just their bodies slowly reversing time. It's not instantly negating anything and if they're killed, they don't heal from it, but in general it does mean they'll heal from pretty much any amount of damage as long as they're still alive at the end.

Wasn't it completed? I've got a pdf of it here at least.Dunno if it's complete or not but it was made into this, which I think should be the latest version.

No, Fragrach makes it so you shot first, possibly negating their attack on account of them having been too dead to make it, which is a clear example of retroactively preventing the other guy from hurting you.

Gae Bolg functionally just makes it almost certain that you hit the other guy, which is much less likely to stop them from gibbing you.

Thanks senpai.

My jump's don't necessarily end exactly at the ten year mark. But around that time I start to feel this...pulling sensation, like something is trying to take my attention away from whatever I'm doing. I can ignore it easily enough but it soon becomes increasingly difficult to ignore. I can keep it from happening for a few days after the ten year mark, a week at most if I really try, but it's just a matter of time until I give in and let it take me.

When I have any business sorted and goodbyes said, I will usually go find a quiet place to lay down or a high place to jump from if I'm feeling a bit bored, and let finally stop fighting it.

I'll awake to find myself in a room of white ,with the choices of my next jump being visually represented in someway ( Sculptures, paintings, Etc.). I choose all the options I can, and when I'm done a door appears before me. Stepping out of the white room can be quite a jolt. One second I am stepping out of the room of white, the next I am right in the middle of my life if I choose anything else other than drop in. Drop in usually finds me in a quiet corner of my starting area, feeling like I just woke up from a very fulfilling rest.

It's similar. Fragarach is basically one or more little metallic balls that float around you. Whenever someone uses their strongest attack on you, their trump move, one of those balls activates and retroactively stabs itself into your opponents heart before they used that trump card, usually preventing them from doing it though I don't believe it does anything if the opponent can survive a exploded heart or whatever it does. Similar in the basic theme but how it works and what it looks like differ a lot.

I hope that's right because it's been a long time since I played HA, even though Bazett is second only to Kirei for title of best girl

People listed on this page: powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/4th_Wall_Awareness

I was referencing Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia, who makes at least one "we can't be too lewd or else CERO will rate us AO" type comment per game. She also tends to make comments about the writers and genre conventions shortly before the reference event occurs.

The old jump sort of stops.
Then if I'm going non-Drop In, I live my life up to the point that the jump starts, ignorant of all things Jumper.
Then I remember everything and the powers kick back on.

If I'm going Drop-In, I'm just instantly there.
No sensation of movement or anything.

She/It doesn't. Ever. Never seem them or interacted directly with them in any way.
But I do get the sense that someone or something is in control. I just don't know what it is or what it calls itself or what it really wants.

I can't find the legend of zelda jump I thought we had, is it under some weird name on the drive?

It's under T for The

it starts with "the"

I'm looking at the Supernatural Jump, and it say's a Pagan Gods age is twenty times the "default" age. What does it mean by default age? The age roll?

This isn't studying.

The people who voted in the strawpoll have spoken, and Star Crossed Myth will be the next jump I'm going to do after i finish the binding blade/blazing sword jump. Frankly I was a little suprised it beat Eberron by one vote--but eh.

buckle up

>Otome game
Will there be a Yaoi Hands drawback?

Perhaps there will be

Redwall and Zootopia both have perks for that.
You could also get evercleansed and just smell clean.

I'm also assuming this will be another one of those jumps with easy waifu's given what the small amount of plot I was willing to pre-emptively read said.

There's one in Ring of Red and Zoo-

Beat me to it.

Sure, if you want. But there's consequences for a god falling in love with a human in the setting, although women gods do exist, obviously. And usually love won out. Maybe I'll base a perk around that.

We already have that one. The comedy jump was a mistake.

yes

Thanks user.

>Going anything other than human in Supernatural
Why? You're basically the demon/angel/god equivalent of a retarded cripple, seeing as you lack most of their natural abilities.

>You're basically a retarded cripple
I thought that was you.

I'm not denying that, but it doesn't change the legitimacy of what I said.

>webm

That section was fucking trippy in 3D. Like, they actually used the goddamn 3D assets.

I was just looking at the additional jumpchain rules and I came across this line
"Companions, both normal and in Pods, will have their relative age scaled similar to yours. If you're 15 years old in one jump, your partners will be somewhere near that age, accounting for their natural lifespan."

Can someone explain what this is actually saying? Mainly the stuff about relative age and accounting for there lifespan.