Since pretty much everybody in the board discussion thread agreed that quests are Veeky Forums-related...

Since pretty much everybody in the board discussion thread agreed that quests are Veeky Forums-related, does that mean they're allowed on Veeky Forums again?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911/
rizon.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Will you please fuck off back to your containment board

Since pretty much nobody cares, saged hidden reported called the cops directive 51 authorized activated order 66

Quests are no longer Veeky Forums's problem, if you have a problem with the mods on your board take it up there, fuck off already.

Go back to /qst/

Why do you fucks want quests back on Veeky Forums so badly? You have your own fucking board. Why are you so intent on shitting another up?

Are questfags the new ponyfags?

they want Veeky Forums's dedicated archive services so they don't have to book keep.

nevermind that there's websites for that crap.

That actually explains a lot. It also makes it more fucking annoying.

Questfags never wanted their own board. A dedicated board just for quests is poison to quest threads, since it deprives them of exposure to new participants. Hence why the vast majority of questfags have been against /qst/ from day 1.

The only people who ever wanted /qst/ were anti-questfags who just wanted quests gone and didn't give a damn what would happen to them after that.

Well it's a damn shame they were bloody stifling and poisonous to Veeky Forums.

don't worry op

tg will find a new cancer to cry about and this place will get more and more boards till Veeky Forums becomes the new Reddit.

40k gets own board next I assume. maybe D&D

antiquest fags will never not be annoying

>The only people who ever wanted /qst/ were anti-questfags who just wanted quests gone and didn't give a damn what would happen to them after that.

Absolutely correct and I'd do it again.

Questfags, please pick an argument-

either quests are loved by literally everyone and thus should be back because of that or quests have such a small fanbase they need Veeky Forums to survive.

>40k gets own board next I assume. maybe D&D

That's pretty unlikely, because Veeky Forums has been crying about that within months of its existence. You'd know that if you weren't a newfag.

>antiquest fags will never not be annoying

Kay. I at least don't shit up the entire board with my faggotry.

>Kay. I at least don't shit up the entire board with my faggotry.

Yes, the proliferation of thinly-veiled animu girl magical realm threads that has cropped up in their place has truly been a revitalizing breath of fresh air for the board.

At least quests occasionally came up with some entertaining settings and plot to go with their barely-Veeky Forums-relevant waifushit.

MooTwo said in his very next post that he meant he'd never allow them back because it'd kill /qst/.

Plus everyone agreed that quests aren't Veeky Forums related, no matter how much you lie.

So why don't you go back to your containment board and stop being a whiny little bitch? Nobody misses you filling this board with underage lesbian erotica. Nobody cares that you can't attract an audience without being parasites. We just want you gone where you belong.

>At least quests occasionally came up with some entertaining settings
You mean the 2% of quests that didn't rip their setting straight from a movie/tv show/video game/anime?

Hey man, I personally just hide threads I don't like and bitch in bitching threads that are already here. But I was quite happy to voice my support for you getting your own board, and I hope you fucking stay there, since you were about as awful as ponyfags when you were allowed here.

>Yes, the proliferation of thinly-veiled animu girl magical realm threads that has cropped up in their place has truly been a revitalizing breath of fresh air for the board.

Newfag. Veeky Forums has always had a core of dedicated perverts shitposting (actually it seems most boards do actually). I don't think there's anything that can be done about that.

>At least quests occasionally came up with some entertaining settings and plot to go with their barely-Veeky Forums-relevant waifushit.

It started out with furfaggotry and never went up from there.

>the proliferation of thinly-veiled animu girl magical realm threads that has cropped up in their place
>in their place
Want to know how I know you're new?

Freedom ain't free, it must be bought with the blood of questfags

qst was always dead silly user
more bs than the constant bitching on qa in your post

yet here you are in this

the chink conman forced the migration almost 90 days ago

enjoy your videogame "lore" threads

>either quests are loved by literally everyone
This has never been the argument. The argument is that those who actively dislike having quests on their board are a distinct minority. Those who like it are at least as numerous, if not moreso, and the vast majority just don't care. They either simply have no particular like or dislike of quests, or if they don't care for them it's no skin off their nose because they know how to use the catalog, filters, or just plain ignore it like a reasonable adult and accept the fact that other people will like things they don't.

Quests and generals are fucking cancer. With /qst/ serving as effective containment board maybe we'll get a /tgg/ so we dont need the same forty theads about D&D and 40k every single day ad nauseum.

yes, preach about the dangers of the new cancer of tg

and make sure to buy a Veeky Forums Pass

I didn't care. Then this shit started getting posted and reposted constantly, always with the same screencapped Hiro posts without any of his followup. Now I just want you to burn.

>This has never been the argument

>Since pretty much everybody in the board discussion thread agreed

Yeah, nah.

Replace "quests" with "ponies" or "generals" and you have the exact same fucking trash people spewed before the creation of the other containment boards

Mathe go write a quest where things turn out different faggot

>yet here you are in this

Yeah, as I said, I bitch in bitching threads that are already there. I ignored quest threads.

>enjoy your videogame "lore" threads

Those are also pretty old. Some good things came out of them in the past too (conversions to various systems mostly).

>everybody in the board discussion thread agreed that quests are Veeky Forums-related
>somehow the same as saying they're loved by everyone

It's ok user, I realize this board gets people from all around the world, and English may not be your first language. I won't belittle you for your pitifully inadequate reading comprehension.

>Since pretty much everybody in the board discussion thread agreed
>that quests are Veeky Forums-related

The statement is that quests are Veeky Forums-related, which they are.

>quests are Veeky Forums-related

Yes, and? 40k was /b/ related when Veeky Forums came into being. Retro videogames, pokemon, and videogame generals were all /v/ related when those boards came into being. There's been an mlp themed take on just about everything. Just because something can be related to more a general board doesn't mean that the original community can't benefit from a more specialized board to contain a particularly vociferous and overactive community.

40k is still allowed on /b/.

Rolled 35, 34, 92, 68, 45, 85, 51, 27, 55, 22 = 514 (10d100)

REMOVE QUEST remove quest you are worst thread. you are the quest idiot you are the quest smell. return to /qst/. to our quest cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,/jp/ we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole quest stink /qst/ sqhipere shqipare..quest genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead quest threads..ahahahahah/QST/ WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget ww2 ./qst/ we kill the king , /qst/ return to your precious /b/….hahahahaha idiot quest and OP smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE QUEST FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. WH40K+DnD+Kingdom Death+homebrew=kill quest…you will ww2/ tupac alive in Veeky Forums, tupac making album of Veeky Forums . fast rap tupac Veeky Forums. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink quest… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a containment board

Because everything is allowed on /b/. That was an ill conceived example, but all of the /v/-related ones stand (and as far as I know with /vr/, they have benefited immensely by being separated from /v/).

>Not even taking up 10% of threads on the board at peak times
>Only about half of those even active at any given time
>Implying front page slots even matter with the existence of a built-in catalog since Two-Thousand-Fucking-Twelve
>particularly vociferous and overactive

>underage lesbian erotica
I didn't realize /pfg/ went with /qst/ now.

Reminder that Hiro lurks on /qa/ and if everyone who wants quests back on Veeky Forums makes a thread on /qa/ and bumps like threads he might actually listen

correct. and it should stay that way. fucking cancer quests.

Newfag. Quests have often wound up taking up about half the fucking board.

>75 quest threads on the board at once

No exaggeration, I swear!

build a wall and make questfags pay for it

the thing about 40k getting its own board, is that people who posted on that would not give a shit if someone did not migrate from another board. it does not need exposure. and I dont think anyone on 40k would cry.

>Since pretty much everybody in the board discussion thread agreed that quests are Veeky Forums-related

Of course they are, that wasn't at all the point of the split. The point was that the board was getting flooded with quest threads and had a hard time discussing anything else, so we'd clearly reached the point where a splinter board was both justified and necessary. All moving that stuff back here would do is make this board overly busy again while unjustly killing the new board. That's a lose/lose situation for both Veeky Forums and /qst/ and I can't imagine why anyone would want to regress in that way.

Maybe if you were a quest writer who can't get noticed on the quest board because your quests are too shitty and you were hoping for less contested territory somewhere? It'd have to be some underhanded motivation like that. Regardless, allowing quest threads here when there's a dedicated quest board AND no reason to kill said quest board is just enabling stupidity, there's no good reason to do it.

He meant half the front page, you fucking retard.

The shitty whining by quest babies is just turning everyone even more against you

Or was that part of your plan all along?

>things that never happened
Quests made under 10% of all threads started on Veeky Forums in forever. Sure they stayed around longer because people were actually posting in them while
>Shill my obscure homebrew #3792
fell of the board after couple desperate samefagging attempts, but that's just natural selection

I was there at the peak of the bitching, and took the effort of investigating the matter myself.

Not only were the never as prolific as the whiners allege, they were never so overwhelmingly non-Veeky Forums either.

>One out of every ten threads being dedicated to a single subject that isn't even an actual tradional game
>not over active

Hoo boy, would you look at those goalposts go!

And, again,
>Implying front page slots even matter with the existence of a built-in catalog since Two-Thousand-Fucking-Twelve

>He meant half the front page, you fucking retard
Then why did he say "half the fucking board"?

Quests are Veeky Forums-related, user. moot said so.

>12
>Peak of quests
user pls.

Feel free to post evidence supporting your position at any time.

the only reason /qst/goers want to leave their containment board is so they can have access to Veeky Forums's dedicated archival services anyway. Which they could just as easily replicate on their own if they actually care.

also 2012 wasn't even the peak of quests.

Quests have their own board. Go back there, you have active opposition to your presence here and little if any support for the use of the board's services.

>Implying quests threads were ever more than a minor annoyance
>Implying questfags ever actually wanted, or presently like or benefit from, /qst/
>Implying /qst/ isn't purely a ghetto where questing is herded into to die
>Implying killing /qst/ wouldn't be pure gain for questing, and a negligible impact on Veeky Forums

I too miss our benevolent cuckold overlord, but alas moot no longer runs this place.

Veeky Forums related =/= Veeky Forums

Also
>using mot as an example
Mot said a lot of sit he later regretted or reneged on. He also stopped really even coming to this site a long time ago, mostly dropping by only to sit post drunkenly.

I don't understand why people want quests to be on Veeky Forums when a board exists explicitly for them.
It's essentially like posting /w/ material on /wg/. Yes, they are related and share some similar themes, but you don't see people complaining about /h/ and /d/.

Feel free to correct me and specify when the real peak was.

I'd be happy to go back into sup/tg/ and repeat my study in the same time period. I'm sure it won't change anything, and only reinforce the fact that whatever year you're bitching about, you're just a whiny bitch with no sense of perspective.

Why are CYOA threads not considered "quests"?

>I don't understand why people want quests to be on Veeky Forums when a board exists explicitly for them.

Quests clearly aren't a huge, diverse interest like Veeky Forums with an established fanbase in the real world. They're an activity people do relating to Veeky Forums. Having a /qst/ board is like having a separate board for WoD.

People who participate in quests aren't solely looking for quests, they're looking for quests that pertain to their interests. They just see quests pertaining to something they like and end up following that specific quest because it's about something they like. This is why /qst/ will never have more than ten active threads at once, and never more than 5-6 posts per hour in each.

Can we argue about something else retarded for a change besides General and Quests? How about a nice Elves vs. Dwarves thread, or why no one should ever use an axe or a spear, or why Steven Universe is objectively a good show in theory, but in practice panders slightly too much for our tastes. I'd even settle for an Order of the Stick writing critique or which monstergirl makes the best waifu. It's Scylla.

Veeky Forums argues about stupid stuff, sure, but at least we usually we have fun doing it. This isn't fun.

Probably because they contain themselves to one thread instead of spreading over the entire board like a fucking cancer

Does that Power Armor CYOA count?

Not a chance. There's only one guy who starts these threads and he uses them as a vehicle for his butthurt about the fact that /qst/ exists.

Fine I just checked the archive for a random day and week in 2015, on this day (Day 3, of the 5th month of 2015) there were ~30 quests run, for the week there were ~170 threads with the subject line quest.

The count for themonth is ~800 fucking threads. This is almost four times your 2012 monthly estimate and this from a completely randomly selected time period.

How you can sit there and think that the much slower and smaller Veeky Forums of 2012 was the peak of quests I have no idea.

It's because, unlike other topics, quests do not benefit from having their own board -- quite the opposite.

This is because, unlike other topics, quest threads are an interest that pretty much doesn't exist outside Veeky Forums. People come to Veeky Forums, they see boards for anime, for vidya, for Veeky Forums, etc., and they're like "hey, I already know about/am interested in that, I'll check that board out." They see "quests", and they're like "what the hell is that even? Oh, hey, a board for Pokemon!"

The only people who will go to /qst/ are those who already know what questing is (a population that is mostly limited to a fixed population of pre-/qst/ oldfags at this point, since even talking about quests outside of /qst/ is liable to get you run off by an angry mob in the current climate), and the tiny handful of terminally bored anons who decide to go wandering.

This leads to a closed community, and closed communities, whether big or small, quickly become stagnant, circlejerky, and cliqueish. Think of the usual sort of complaints raised about the sort of thing that goes on in general threads, then imagine a whole board of that. It's not conducive to a healthy board.

Quests have always thrived on having natural advertising by way of being in boards where people who aren't specifically looking for them but might have a related interest can see them. Ideally, this would mean putting quests on the board most relevant to their subject matter -- waifu quests on /a/, cape quests on /c/, fantasy quests on Veeky Forums, etc. As in the old days before the mods decided to herd them all into Veeky Forums. If they are to be herded into one board, Veeky Forums is certainly the best fit of any, since all quests, regardless of topic, do at least share the common point of interactive storytelling and (to some degree or another) role-playing, which is right up Veeky Forums's alley.

Questing requires an influx of fresh blood. Questfags have said this from the start, and /qst/ is already showing the damage.

Alright, so what if we derail the thread? Post Catgirls or something and start a skubwar over whose MTG Waifu looks best in a bikini. I mean, if the thread is going to shit anyway, there's not much we can do to make it worse. Better yet, /d/M threads are more likely to get deleted.

Too much of our OC comes from CYOA.

Quest threads could be cut from the Veeky Forums catalog budget because they only required you to be skilled enough at writing to keep anons engaged, and people don't generally come here without an interest in writing anyway.

A lot of the drawfafs are on CYOA threads, and people that can draw pictures are in higher demand.

When it turns out that everyone in the MtG threads coincidentally has three years of art education, then the CYOA threads will go.

When we find that 3.5e General consists entirely of professional animators for Disney and Blue Sky, then Magic will be considered not traditional enough.

This will continue until we find the last bastion of people that know how to draw on this board, at which point, there will be like, twelve new boards, and Veeky Forums as a whole will buckle under their weight.

Then we'll have to go back to shitposting in person.

By this logic we shouldn't even have boards,I mean how is anyone supposed to get to things we don't even know we want yet unless we put every thing on one board where everyone can see it

Being so mad that you just start getting sad about yourself can be fun, user.

You just need to frame it properly.

>Bitches about how anti-questers shit up the board
>Proceeds to go to their level and shit up the board

I hope to fucking god you get banned.

I hope we all get banned.

I think we've earned a time-out.

A sensible compromise would be to allow a quest general.

But fuck it. At this point I'm out to piss off the quest babies

Nah, thanks, I already tried MTG Standard.

What What I really don't get is why they made /qst/ only for quests and not a board for any type of interactive forum game or /fg/. It could have been something really interesting that way instead of just a containment board.

>generals
Now user, I don't give two shits either way about /qst/ being here or being in its own containment board. We do not need more fucking generals.

Honestly I think half of the /qst/ bullshit is that when quests were here, them and the generals ate up a good chunk of the board. Were just to beta to tell the fucking general fags they only get one general per topic, not 4-5 that they have no. Veeky Forums makes multi generals for games work, I don't see how we couldn't make multi-edition generals work.

>Quest threads could be cut from the Veeky Forums catalog budget because they only required you to be skilled enough at writing to keep anons engaged
That's all it takes to be a good DM in most cases

If you read the thread the mod made when he created /qst/ it's clear that it was done in a hurry before any other staff heard about it:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911/

You're more than welcome to, but as often as he makes the threads, I'm not down to try and pull that off every single time it comes up.
But hey, if you can, then more power to you.

Sensibility has no place in this.
>hiro started board segregation to generate more traffic
>servers collapsing under traffic because connection contract is mismanaged
>can't merge boards back because that would be admitting he fucked up before
>instead contract for more bandwidth
>aggressive pass shilling and more adds to pay for it
>you must have Veeky Forums Gold Account to view this board is a reality now
>plans to cut off 3rd party archives (already attempted but it fucked up loading images for everyone so it got rolled back)
We will see how 2017 plays out. Maybe Veeky Forums will finally get bad enough to get me quit.

How about a compromise?

Quests are back on Veeky Forums, but have their own separate thread limit - 10 quests, full stop.

Quests have to be posted with [Quest] (or any other standardized tag) in the title, or it's considered off topic and deleted or ed.

If there are 10 [Quest]s on the board, and an 11th gets posted, then the lowest [Quest] gets pruned, skipping the other 90 threads no matter their reletive positions.

The catalog also gets a new feature - with a single press of a button, you can filter out any thread with [Quest] in the title. This leaves at least 90 threads (unless Twoot expands the catalog), and allows any half-decent quests like Homeless Mutant to keep their board space.

The only problem would be people spamming fake quests in protest against real ones - which could be solved by quests (temporarily) not getting posted until a mod or janitor approves them, or if the thread is scheduled beforehand (like they usually are).

Because CYOAs would fucking murder /qst/, and the ensuing clusterfuck would catch Veeky Forums in the crossfire.

I mean... I do have some bait threads I've been saving in case of an emergency. They're top-tier cancer though, stuff I don't post because I'm not a shitposter, but came up with to see if I could in theory create a Shitpost more clever than the guys who usually post here... not that hard really.

I might have an idea.
That was the heyday where Mahou Shounen Quest and all the cancer it entailed and Strike Witches Quest RIP SWQ, killed by waifufags were completely inescapable. Sure, there were other quests coming and going, but with how prolific those two were, it gave an impression that there was more going on than there really was.

It also didn't help that MSQ was going through multiple threads a day a few times a week and was posted in enough that it was always on page 0. The fact that it was pure, unadulterated cancer also contributed to the image.

Don't Bring it up with us. Talk with the Mods about it:

rizon.net

I mean seriously, If any of us actually cared about changing the board, we'd actually try and contact them more often.

>that when quests were here, them and the generals ate up a good chunk of the board.
Well that was my sentiments at least, and as much as I despise generals they are directly discussing traditional games so to some degree you have to put up with them being a third of the board at all times.

It would be kind of nice if they could be a little less constant though, maybe once a week, or a day instead of having a new one evert time one reaches bump limit.

Why not just have a check box for [Quest?] that will make quests invisible for the can't-filter-fags and have the janitors delete threads that aren't tagged

I, for one, didn't minded the quests on Veeky Forums.
Mostly because somehow they kept many of the most raging shitposters busy, instead of leaving them free to roam on others threads as they do now.

Same could be said about /wst/ and /erpg/.

Aye, that's true.
Thought the only peoples which had problems with /wst/ were the shitposters themselves.

Because it'd be too easy for some newfag to click it for whatever reason.

Ideally, the moderator review would only last until the heat settles down, but newfags who can't vread the sticky

>The only people who ever wanted /qst/ were anti-questfags who just wanted quests gone and didn't give a damn what would happen to them after that.

Abso-fucking-lutely dead on correct. This would only be a bad thing if it wasn't a VAST majority who felt this way.

Keep your quests on /qst/. And if /qst/ goes away, you're not welcome back. Go put your quests on /b/ or, better yet, take them to /lgbt/, faggot.

>>>

>This would only be a bad thing if it wasn't a VAST majority who felt this way.
>implying

>newfags who can't read the sticky are eternal.
Whoop.

>Implying quests threads were ever more than a minor annoyance

They were stifling and increased board activity to an unsustainable level. The board has slowed down substantially since quests were forced onto their own board.

>Implying questfags ever actually wanted, or presently like or benefit from, /qst/

It's Veeky Forums that benefits from it.

>Implying /qst/ isn't purely a ghetto where questing is herded into to die

In what way? If they well liked enough to attract new posters, they'll survive, if they aren't they shouldn't be sustained to the detriment of another board.

>Implying killing /qst/ wouldn't be pure gain for questing, and a negligible impact on Veeky Forums

You mean aside from revving up board activity to the point where only generals can survive as a place to actually discuss Veeky Forums related material.

Again, why do you want quests on Veeky Forums?

Really tho, just fuck off to /qa/ or something, all of you.

The only thing I like more than /qst/ being a containment board for questfags is that they hate it there.

Not even a questfag, but that's not really comparable, since you're talking about shit people are interested in outside of Veeky Forums.

Just rename quest to something that newfags would get (collaborative storytelling or some shit) and quit whining.