Are United States Marines basically modern day Paladins?

Are United States Marines basically modern day Paladins?

How much smiting of undead are they doing, lately?

This isn't even thinly veiled.

No because Palladian are little goody 2shoes faggota whonspend more time fellating their god and segueing about Orc babies, alignment systems, and falling than actually getting shit done.

Nah, paladins dont rape and hide it.

U.S. Marine here, don't be fooled by our reputation and appearances. We're more like lawful bandits or rogues. Also, you posted an image of U.S. Army soldiers.

I've always wanted to join the air-force and go on bombing raids while screaming "Take this PRIME! Decepticons, ATTACK!" or something like that in a Starscream voice. Also "We'll get you next time, Autobots!" when heading back to base.

I know I don't have it in me, though.

Nope, these are modern paladins.

What's next? Are ISIS modern day paladins?

>commander issues order over the radio
>"YES, LORD MEGATRON"

>Wearing the neck protector
>Head bands are blank
>Those loose straps
>Look at how clear that gear is
>That fucking mustache

Evil paladins pf an evil deity.

Muhreenz are fighters or rogues.

underrated

Clean.

Also

>All that non-reg eyepro

Just yesterday I heard a story about a marine who not only stole a guys wallet, but somehow in the process dropped his own wallet which contained several hundred dollars and his military ID. The marine then used said credit card and was caught on video.

No, that's the army. The Marines are the barbarians.

More like high level rangers. The question is high level?

Level 1= Exceptional Grunt
Level 5= Proper Adventurer
Level 11= Modern Legend
Level 20= Demigod

Somewhere between lvl 5-11 maybe. What do you think Veeky Forums?

"is how high level?"
typo

the way I see it
>Level 1= Regular Grunt
If they made it out of boot camp, they are Level 1.

Nope, paladins must be good

This is one of those things that isn't technically illegal, but really feels like it should be.

no, they're blackguards

>nofunallowed.jpg

Depends on edition.
In the older ones the alignment restriction was set in stone, but you could be considerably meaner with alignment interpretation (gygaxian paladin could go full smitebot easily, orc babies dilemma doesn't even apply as a dilemma there, you just dispose of the little shits)
And later editions gave you more leeway with alignment you can have at the cost of more strict constrains of what falls under that alignment and what is breaking it.

Makes sense. I'm still thinking in terms of 3.5, I don't know how much it changed in 5e. The difference between a level 1 fighter and a level 1 warrior in 3.5 was just the number of feats and a few saves.

What feats are the marines known for?we can ball park their level off of that.

>America
>Anything Good
INCOMPATIBLE

There is literally nothing wrong with any of that though, we have a right just like anyone else to put our interests above all else. Degeneracy would be to ignore this basic truth.

Most Marines are perpetually bored meatheads. Maybe like one in five joins with a FOR GOD AND COUNTRY attitude, but that runs out fast after they've been working for the government for a year or two and realize the sheer contempt that the Fed holds for the average citizen.

I remember the moment my soul broke. We were reaching the end of a fiscal quarter or some shit, and the LT came out and said we were basically going to go do "drills," but actually we were just going to waste as much ammunition and hardware as possible because if we came in under budget, the budget might be cut.

Every year the USMC wastes 15% or more of its budget on purpose so that Congress doesn't get any funny ideas about 600 billion dollars being a bit much to pay a bunch of guys to sit around on COBs and do nothing while civilian drone operators blow up sand people in another country next door. You ever wonder where this shit about paying $200 for a $20 mag light comes from? It's that.

It isn't possible to remain idealistic about the government when you work for it, the cynicism sets in fast and you rapidly become aware that you're basically "fighting" (sitting around in an air conditioned base and occasionally driving some trucks) so that Qatar can build an oil pipeline through some country because they paid Hillary Clinton a few million dollars. And when you witness actually bullshit like tusken raiders raping little boys, you aren't allowed to do anything because "that's their culture." Paladins would burn those faggots alive. Soldiers just cringe on their way to the mess to get some cheesecake.

The cheesecake's pretty good but it's not Smite Evil good.

Barbarians.
I've don't think a paladin would get blind drunk and fight a native American while calling him a Haji

E-6's get away with a lot of bullshit.
>Head bands are blank
They have their Last initial and last 4 of their social on the side, if you look.
>Those loose straps
I'm actually not seeing those.

Their adjustment straps on the ACH in front. The guy in the far back doesn't look like his is adjusted right either.

Oh, and the middle shithead with his chin strap below his chin.