Reminder that this guy is supposed to be born in 34 days

Reminder that this guy is supposed to be born in 34 days

Are synthetic humans people?

Other urls found in this thread:

toon.is/batman-tas-1x62-his-silicon-soul-video_81a2198fb.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can we put them in Soylent Green? Don't think so. Hence not people.

It really depends on the message the writer is trying to push with them, but generally yes. Computing on one substrate is no different than another if they come to the same conclusions.

>not knowing about the sci-fi time conundrum.

this guy had the best death scene in a movie that year. i really like it.

Tell me about your mother.

>tfw his death in the book happens off screen

>the best death scene in a movie that year.
>same year as It came out
somehow I am skeptical

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

nigga we all just biological computers

I guess the biggest difference is the lack of reproductive drive, which is pretty definitive for biological life, but not absolutely essential.

You're speaking with user, talking about Coldsteel, when user stops and looks at you with hatred. You draw your sword in anticipation when you realize that user has teleported behind you. The last thing you hear is "Psh, nothin personnel, kid". How do you respond?

According to /pol/, yes.
According to Microsoft, no.

Go ahead

toon.is/batman-tas-1x62-his-silicon-soul-video_81a2198fb.html
>he had a soul of silicon, but a soul nonetheless

Opposite, really. Non-human entities have no human rights.

>Are synthetic humans people?
If they are capable of coming up with random unique thoughts and expressions and acting out their own agency then yes.

I think agency is one of the most important parts of personhood

I think one of the major setbacks of AI is programmers trying to mimic life instead of create it

Todd 3465 is 20 years old now.

No, not people, they're equipment.

People are of no value. We could make more sometime, if we need them.

what movie is this?

I got a sneaky suspicion just baiting for a billion (you)s featuring disappointed reaction images, then again, a couple of months a go a guy I had known for 10 years thought Holy Diver was a Killswitch Engage song and honestly didn't know about Dio.

are synthetics people?no that's like saying is my toaster a person

Bladerunner? Right?

>Dio
too soon

BRADE RUNNAH

Dio's that guy from JJBA, right? What's he doing writing songs?

So long as they are sentient I would think that they were a person.

Even if they weren't I don't think I would treat them badly just more like how Luke Skywalker treats C3PO at the begining of episode 4...

He's a loud, egotistical, narcissistic hedonist. Why wouldn't he sing songs? About himself no less.

Are books and movies a traditional game?

Here's your (you)

>Are synthetic humans people?

In the story? Yes. Most narratives about AI want to be expansive with the definition of people, since the core themes of Science Fiction are meant to be applied to the contemporary world.

Would an AI in reality be a person? No way to know yet. We might not really be able to know after it happens.