So the gods and spirits of Fenris are real and they don't take any crap from Chaos. Elemental and bestial...

So the gods and spirits of Fenris are real and they don't take any crap from Chaos. Elemental and bestial, they are pure and as one with nature. The Space Wolves were right all along.

So what's Veeky Forums's opinion on this? Would you also worship the Wolf Gods of Fenris and Russ alongside the Allfather?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=us91gYNPVzc
youtube.com/watch?v=4YxMWmJNZ_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this actual fluff

Fuck that, I'm starting the Sect of the Omnisquat.

The deific entity comprised of the souls of every Squat who ever lived and died.

Yep.

>The heavens above Fenris glittered and burned as the works of Magnus unfolded. Blazing debris rained from the sky, the wreckage of once-proud craft destroyed by treachery and tragic misunderstanding. Silver Towers hovered in low orbit, their bombardments of kaleidoscopic energy ripping apart any Imperial craft that dared to engage. The shimmering auroras that filled the night sky wavered and took form, becoming great zodiacal legends that rippled and writhed in the stratosphere. To the tribesmen of Fenris, the burning serpent of the Thousand Sons looked vast enough to consume the stars, and with each night it had grown larger. But it was not alone – with the warrior spirit of Fenris fanned to a blaze by Magnus’ invasion, the World Wolf had appeared in spirit form. The people of Fenris experienced a fierce rapture as the celestial beast ripped and tore great streaming nebulas of aether-essence from its serpentine foe. It was a battle of the most surreal and inhuman scale, for each blow took an entire night to land. To the seers and shamans of Fenris, however, it was a sure sign that the immortal spirit of the planet was bloodied but unbowed.

>Rune Priest Ashbeard knelt amongst the embers of the Oshva Weald, hands planted squarely on the ground as he mentally reached out to his brethren within the Fang. There was no answer, for the air itself was tinged with the disruptive energies of Chaos. There was something deeply wrong with the world-spirit of Fenris – the planet’s essence was wounded, and that wound was in danger of being infected by the energies of the Warp. All Ashbeard could see in his mind’s eye was a cyclopean visage staring imperiously down at him. He broke off the connection with a shudder. If his brothers were there in the mindscape he usually prowled with ease, he could not find them.

>The Rune Priests inside the Thunderhawk were not found wanting. On approach to Grimnar’s location, they had begun a summoning of their own, and the belly of the Ironspearwas strewn with pelts, bones and blooded runes.

>With a terrible, ear-shattering roar, a vast lupine head reared out of the burning sea. A fiery mane cascaded from a colossal skull of molten rock, jaws drizzling ropes of darkening magma as mountainous haunches pushed a tidal wave of lava across the endless ranks of Thousand Sons. The Fire Breather, mythical totem of Sven Bloodhowl’s Great Company, had emerged from its volcanic lair. Jaws lined with jagged stalactites crunched down on the winged serpent conjured by the Thousand Sons, dissipating it in a burst of flame. The titanic wolf-thing came crashing back down into the lava beyond, tidal waves of red-hot liquid slopping over the massed ranks of Rubricae.

Posting appropriate music for the thread youtube.com/watch?v=us91gYNPVzc

This is tarded.

>So what's Veeky Forums's opinion on this?

Fucking retarded. GW might be improving their buisness model, but their fluff continues to degenerate with every release.

Idk. I kinda like it desu.

I'd like it if they expanded it to have more benevolent/non-Chaos warp entities, but having it just native to Fenris seems impossibly stupid and snowflakey.

Well... truth be told, I kind of think it's cool. Benevolent Warp entities, by all rights, SHOULD exist. When you consider how the Warp works, it makes total sense that Fenris would have a "wolf spirit" or whatever, considering that apparently the population, and especially the Space Wolves themselves, believe in it.

>The C'tan Star Gods are okay
>Ork Gods are okay
>Eldar Gods are okay
>Wolf Gods are not okay

Why are you such a racist?

Yeah I hear you. I suppose it's a question of what each person feels is more important in terms of characterization and setting.

This makes zero sense in a strict adherence to 40k lore. The Imperium doesn't have gods--it has Emps. That's true.

But the Wolves have always been Space Vikings as much as they have been Space Marines. They wipe their assess with the Codex Astartes. Their chapter is huge, they harbor all kinds of mutants, and even drink and party with normies. Insofar as Fenris and the Wolves are not!Norse, mythos and all, this is not totally out there.

But I'm actually a Thousand Sons guy, believe it or not, so maybe I'm just feeling unusually positive right now.

>I'd like it if they expanded it to have more benevolent/non-Chaos warp entities
This.

>Benevolent Warp entities, by all rights, SHOULD exist.
And this.

I like it, it fits with the general feeling of the Wolves. But I think GW won't bring about many other entities, as they'll think it pulls too much focus from "muh mareens".

The C'tan aren't gods, they're extremely powerful aliens.

Gork and Mork were spawned from the thoughts and emotions of an extremely numerous, entirely psychic, species, which is consistent with what we know about how Gods are formed in the setting.

Similarly, the Eldar gods were created by a powerful psychic race, during a time when the warp was much calmer, so the Eldar's relative lack of numbers were able to exert much greater influence than they would be able to now.

But Fenris has its own wolf-god because...reasons? The beliefs of the native Fenrisians shouldn't be enough to spawn a warp entity, and even if they did, it should be too weak to avoid being swallowed up by one of the Chaos Gods. The whole 'magic of Fenris' thing was originally nothing more than superstition on behalf of the Space Wolves, and changing it to something that actually exists is retarded because it doesn't function with the established rules of the setting.

What's if all of this is the result of alchohol

>aren't gods, they're extremely powerful aliens.
>implying that isn't all the warp "gods" are

Having a weird mechanism for reproduction and currently unexplained abilities does not a god make, if extreme weather power doesn't already.

On the one hand, I think it adds an interesting new aspect to the lore.

On the other, it's probably going to remain unique to Debris and the Space Wolves, and will also never be elaborated on.

Yep, the Emperor refers to the Chaos Gods as alien creatures from a different dimensions pretending to be gods.

Not saying that's not a possible interpretation of the ruinous powers, but it is worth remembering that the emperor was actively trying to destroy the concept of religion. His refusal to acknowledge them as Gods could stem more from his ideology.

Fabius and Ahriman agree with him and they are on the other side of the fence.

Space yiffs have a yiff god

But what does the wider Imperium think about this?

>TS call the SW hypocrites for using Waro sorcery
>turns out the Wolves are not hypocrites, they REALLY use the power of Fenris

Official worse than smurfs

These gods of the warp are pure psychic and emotional energy. For thousands of years the people believed in and died for their wolf spirits. This alone can create a protector sprout in the warp.

What are y'all not getting? Slaanesh was created from emotion and psychic energy, wolves can do the same in their small corner of the galaxy.

Nice triple dubs bro.
Don't think of it as a godguys, just a powerful yet minor manifestation.
The Thousand Sons serpent thing that's been described seems no more powerful than the equivalent of a greater daemon, no way near anything that's the levels of even a minor deity.
And the spirit of Fenris seems on par with that. So I'd say the spirit is around that level of strength / manifestation.

As a Space Wolves player I'm indifferent because I stopped reading the new fluff after 5'th edition. Why read something you know is going to be of inferior quality compared tongue old fluff?

>compared to the old fluff*

The C'tan are beings that took form outside the Warp in the Materium as starvampires. For some reason this gives them magic powers and they eat souls.

sure,
except they're all Ultramarines now

Your daily reminder that neither the Grey Knights, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, or "Magical world spirit" actually defeated Magnus or even could.

>Khorne defeated Magnus, out of mere spite, nothing more.

>Fenris lives not because of heroism or glory by the imperials, but because Khorne decided to fuck with Tzeentch as usual.

>INB4 This little bit right there made Wrath of Magnus the best book of 2016 with wolves AGAIN becoming the most carried chapter in history.

Your welcome wolffags, enjoy knowing the only reason you lived is because Khorne saved your asses.

So is fenris an Exodite or Maiden world? That would not only explain everything, but actually work and fit in the setting.

Or is this just a special snowflake Avatar ending?

D-did this actually happen?

Yes, Magnus shows up, blows up dozens of ships IN ORBIT with his mind powers, smushes a Grey Knight Grand Master, incinerates everything in his fuck zone, crowns himself lord of Fenris, and puts up a shield of BTFO that no one can penetrate.

Logan goes for a shot and swing a Deamon weapon with a Bloodthirster trapped inside, the demon awakens and Khorne, through the axe, conveniently tells Magnus' shield to fuck off, allowing him to be harmed by the armies he was previously tanking, forcing him to teleport away, leaving Fenris alive...

So yeah, Khorne's direct intervention saved the Space Wolves. It wasn't even planned by Logan, as the axe is SUPPOSED to be runicly locked down and NOT function like a real demon weapon.

And even with all of this Magnus still wins by Summoning the Planet of Sorcerers into the material world and creating another Maelstrom in the Prospero system from all the death and carnage and corrupted the tribes of Fenris with the flesh change.

Wolves got completely BTFO by the entire book.

I don't hink it even used to be a daemon weapon until now. It was only described as a Chaos weapon and has never acted like a daemon weapon before.

Thanks Khorne, without you our planet would be fucked and we could have lost the only population we can recruit from.

I still think you're an evil, grumpy, greedy arse, but I appreciate the help you gave us regardless of us stealing a relic axe from one of your fallen champions and drawing dog pictures on it.

Your welcome weak dogfuckers, its a shame your father didn't come join Angron in my worship, you guys would have had a blast.

>yfw Lemon Rouge returns
>yfw he is a daemon prince of Khorne

My only question is that, what with the Ordo Hereticus seeing the corruption, the CLEARLY wolf god spirits that are ACTUAL things, and the Wulfin... Why the fuck are the Wolves not destroyed. Standard protocol for both the Inquisition AND Grey Knights are to destroy these clearly tainted chapters and these strange planetary entities.

I mean GOODNESS, Logan literally uses a demon weapon to fight Magnus, ENTIRE chapters die for something like this.

I assume GW is going to ignore the rules of their setting and make the wolves immune to this bullshit, but seriously...

>I assume GW is going to ignore the rules of their setting and make the wolves immune to this bullshit, but seriously...

This is standard GW protocol involving the wolves. They are the new Ultramarines now.

This is real? Damn, you would think Veeky Forums would focus on this a bit more then anything else about the book. Wolves becoming Khorne users is pretty awesome. I hope they go all the way as Mark of Khorne on a Thunderwolf Cavalry squad would be amazing.

>weak
You let your "champions" who are weak enough to be beat by space wolves wield daemon weapons?
You need a better QA department, Blood God.

Truly strong champions do not need daemon weapons, nor do they ask for or desire one.

Touché

Neo-GW writing, son. The Imperium is now supposed to be more competent and heroic.

Trips don't lie.

Mary Sue can't do wrong.

Very chaos.

Holy fuck they actually belived their drawings would shut up a demon weapon?
I can hear the Inquisition facepalming.

You again? Who bound and tamed the shard of Khorne and made to serve mankind? Who contained its corruption but did nothing to dull its bite? MORKAI THE GOD WOLF OF THE UNDERWORLD.

Khorne deserves no thanks. This shard of his power was looted and made a thrall of Fenris and its gods.

The Grey Knights did tests on the Wulfen. They found them free of the taint.

And the Axe's daemonic power is bound by the power of Fenris's gods who need I remind you are elemental creatures of nature and animal fury.

Fucking headcanony recollection of the events go there.

I don't remember the Grand Master dying.

And the Axe "didn't awaken", the enslaved power is always active. The text always said that it glowed darkly with the power of the Blood God or thrummed with the power of the Warp/Chaos. And Khorne did nothing. He just found what happened to be amusing. Need I (I will use this sentence a lot) that Khorne hates the fact that Logan stole a piece of his power and turned it for the good of mankind? He even sent entire LEGIONS of daemons born from his hatred for Logan to avenge the theft and humiliation.

And Fuck you. Magnus intended to destroy the Wolves and Fenris. He failed and had to settle with less.

And the some of the tribes of Fenris were tainted by the Chaos but the Grey Knights took the most affected and the Ordos-H is working on checking the purity of the tribes in the coming years. Furthermore, the World Spirit of Fenris started to expel the taint and Chaos scum from its soil making it easier to purge and it has been said that the people of Fenris are strong and that they will put all of this behind them and continue to live as they did before.

That's honestly a good point. I'm not really opposed to this happening, though, so much as the fact that I can see GW making this kind of thing exclusive to Fenris and the Space Wolves.

I hope not, though. If there are a few more instances of something similar happening to other factions, including others under the Imperium, then I'm cool with it. Not all on this scale, of course, but more than the Legion of the Damned and Living Saints.

wuf for the wuf god

yiff for the yiff trone

>complaining about Mary Sues in the Mary Sue setting

There's been quite a number that are of the warp but not of Chaos. Theres the hybrids the Dark Eldar bring to the field, numerous species and even powerful entities that function via the warp but scarcely display any affiliation with Chaos. Plus everything that stands for Gods in this universe; the C'tan, Eldar Gods, Ork Gods, the Emperor, the Machine God...

I would bet that the spirit of Fenris is anything but benevolent. It's a violent and harsh creature, and it gives o favors to those living on Fenris, a violent and harsh planet. The Space Wolves are just those hardy enough to take advantage of that power and survive. Now that it's mobilized itself against its sorcerous enemy, it's running in the open, but still beholden to none, those who fight with and for it ignored underfoot (or paw?)

I'm of the opinion it's just a warp entity that lives on Fenris, and the Space Wolves and Fenrisians have probably given it directed shape with their many millennia of dedicated ritual. A primal and formless notion given a form by those who exemplify its own traits in its sphere of influence.

Hmmmm well now tjat this is a thing I really hope it's not just a one off. I want manifestations of the faith of humanity. I want deamons of order. I want the guardsmen and marines who sit at the emperor's side to go on crusade!

>crowns himself lord of Fenris
details

>And Khorne did nothing.
An Axe powered by him directly takes down an otherwise perfect shield. Wow user, your really great at proving my point.

>Logan stole a piece of his power and turned it for the good of mankind?
Wolves confirmed Traitors then, like the Relictors. Good to know the whole "We are pure and loyal" motif was just a lie as they wielded the chaos powers.

>Magnus Failed
Tell that to the Planet of Sorcerers in realspace bitch with a new maelstrom, at no point did he not accomplish that goal.

Wolf fags are confirmed the worst, as usual.

In the future it will be revealed that Terra also has a spirit called Gaia that will be unironically without 40k aesthetics.

>An Axe powered by him directly takes down an otherwise perfect shield. Wow user, your really great at proving my point.

It's a shard of his power that was stolen by him against his will. No credit for him. If I take your gun and shoot you with it, you don't get the credit.

>Wolves confirmed Traitors then, like the Relictors. Good to know the whole "We are pure and loyal" motif was just a lie as they wielded the chaos powers.

The difference between the Relicators and Woofs is that the Wolves have gods and spirits that counter the corruption. The Relicators do nothing about the taint.

>Tell that to the Planet of Sorcerers in realspace bitch with a new maelstrom, at no point did he not accomplish that goal.

Tell that a Fenris and Space Wolves who are living and pure. Which were his main objective.

He created a wound in reality. We don't know how big it is and certainly won't be as big as the Maelstorm.

He failed. Got a secondary objective. Woohoo

Its does make a sort of sense. The warp is fueled by emotion and belief. For millenia the Space Wolves and the natives of Fenris believed that the planet had a world spirit. It follows that this belief would eventually be reflected in the warp

>when you wolf wolves so hard that you create a wolf deity

>>Thinking you can actually use an axe of Khorne, fueled only by his power, to fight WITHOUT drawing on his direct strength

Whooo boy, Wolffags are getting desperate.

>>B-But our world will keep us pure
Yeah, good luck with that what with your fleshchanged youth and the Ordo Hereticus up your asses.

"B-But muh purity planet" Hogwash, the book makes clear that the curse Magnus left on them will never leave and the Fenris youth will carry it hidden within them.

>Got a secondary objective.
That was his MAIN objective...kek

Now go back to being the Inquisitions bitch.

A man who fucked up so hard he doomed the only chance for Imperium's safe space travel fucks up again. More news at fucking eleven.

>Whooo boy, Wolffags are getting desperate.

It's against the will of Khorne. Shard of Khorne contained within the axe by the power of a Fenris god. So no. It's not drawing upon his power. It's like water taken from the ocean and sealed in a bucket which is an axe.

>Yeah, good luck with that what with your fleshchanged youth and the Ordo Hereticus up your asses.

And the book says that Fenris will recover.

>That was his MAIN objective...kek

Nope, he wanted Fenris ded. Fenris refused.

B-but, Magnus was a victim! That makes it all his faults okay!

Fenris and its people will recover*

My totally made up headcanon is that not all chaos entities are evil, there are dozens of lesser gods under the big 4, I like to think some are benevolent etc... one of these is the primal wolf spirit of fenris that has taken to residing in the system. I have no idea how else to explain something that seems like a warp entity

Got you senpai.

>An Axe powered by him directly takes down an otherwise perfect shield. Wow user, your really great at proving my point.
Not that user BUT it doesn't say anywhere khorne willed the axe to bring the shield down, just it was an axe forged by khorne, and that khorne laughed at what was happening, he was probably enjoying it

>Nope, he wanted Fenris ded. Fenris refused.
Not the guy youre arguing with but the book states this.

>In the Warp, a cacophony of wild laughter bubbled through the aether. The grand work was complete. The fools of Fenris, thinking their nemesis banished at the last, already prepared to leave their world all but undefended once more. It was a pleasing enough twist in its own fashion, but in truth, Magnus’ agenda was far more grandiose.

Ahriman also has his new book that allows him to travel the the webway to Fenris. The TS could go back to Fenris and fuck them up but instead bring the Planet of Sorcerers to Prospero.

I dont think anyones saying Magnus doesnt want to end the Wolves (if they are they dumb for realz) but that was not his stated goal in this campaign.

Most of his forces left before the final fight when his silver towers left the field as harnessing the power from Midgardia's death by the betrayal of Logan.

Nope. The Emperor was right.

You're talking about the psychic emanations of an entire civilization vs one world.

Also, if I remember my shitty GW fluff correctly, it was said somewhere that the four Chaos gods are actually timeless and have existed forever. The birth of Slaanesh was actually more of an awakening and she had already existed beforehand she just hadn't been activated so to speak.

Wolf?

>Most of his forces left before the final fight when his silver towers left the field as harnessing the power from Midgardia's death by the betrayal of Logan.

That it isn't stated anywhere. The Towers positioned near the exploded planet left. The towers in Fenris and the forces there only left when Magnus was banished.

>The TS could go back to Fenris and fuck them up

No, Ahriman doesn't have time for another go an Fenris. He is going to the Black Library with whatever resources he got from the Fenris bargain.

>but that was not his stated goal in this campaign

It was a major part of it. The whole wipe out the Wolves and rule Fenris.So he achieved about 50% what he set out for.

>It's against the will of Khorne.
> Fucking a psycher up is against the will of Khorne
> Logan knowingly using a demon weapon and believing himself strong enough to contain it instead of turning it over to the Grey Knights...

Wow, looks like Logan's been a naughty puppy.

I like going with that idea, too.

Kinda like in Dragon Age, there are neutral/good entities in the Warp, but they see little reason to interact with the Materium, so mortals only ever really encounter the evil entities.

>No, Ahriman doesn't have time for another go at Fenris.

Exactly, because Magnus' main goal, cause enough death and destruction to fuel his teleportation spell, went off without a hitch.

Magnus achieved his main objective, the book flat out said it. Stop being so butthurt because the Wolves were just an afterthought of the whole thing. Magnus and Ahriman are making far bigger moves then just fucking with a marine chapter.

Magnus already got his true revenge on the wolves thousands of years ago when he clipped their balls during the Battle of the Fang.

I'm of the thought that Fenris was an Exodite world who's world spirit has conformed to the thoughts and beliefs of the humans living on it.

It would explain the psychic aspect, it would explain the chaos resistance, and it would even explain the ability for the world itself to rise up and fight.

Why GW didn't explain it that way I'll never know.

>That it isn't stated anywhere.
It is actually
>At the vast chasm of the Wolf’s Gullet, the war for Fenris’ heart was in full flow. With the sudden disappearance of the Silver Towers and rumours of Logan Grimnar’s Champions taking the fight to Asaheim, the most mobile Great Companies had reacted with the speed of predators on the hunt.

The TS 'lost' there only strongholds on the planet. Thats a big deal when attacking another homeworld.

>The towers in Fenris and the forces there only left when Magnus was banished.
Do you have a quote for that? As the only quotes in the book mention demons/CSM
>With Magnus’ disappearance, a gale of magical energy raced from world to world, snatching away Daemon and traitor alike.

>No, Ahriman doesn't have time for another go an Fenris.
Yeah but he 'could'. Mind you I'm not sure he really cares about the Wolves at this point, seems like it's just Magnus.

But my point was more that if destroying Fenris was their main goal they could have just returned instead of doing the whole bring the Planets of Sorcerers into realspace. All that psychic power was used not on destroying the wolves but on achieving Magnus's goals. This is what the book supports.

>It was a major part of it.
Think of it like the Changeling on the rock. After achieving his main goal he set out to get what he 'wanted'. There is a difference between those two things.

>Khorne
>has dogs
>cool warrior guy
>hates psykers
>helped fuck up Magnus
>values the strength of the individual

>Space Wolves
>dogs
>cool warrior guys
>hates psykers, but has not-psykers that totally don't count
>fucked up Magnus
>values the strenght of the individual

what did GW mean by this?

Wolves are in the closet so deep that even the Lion doesn't know they are in there.

Logan used the sorcery of another god to kidnap a shard of Khorne. Which enraged him into considering Logan his most hated mortal enemy.

Nope, half his objective was destroying Fenris. He failed it.

>>hates psykers, but has not-psykers that totally don't count

Wolves don't hate psykers. They hate sorcerers and witches.

Did Magnus steal the power of Fenris and use it to bring Soriatus back from the warp?

>The Space Wolves were right all along.
How does using the sorcery to power their spells make them right? If anything its extra heretical and hypocritical.

Same difference.

No.

He used the death of one of the Fenris system's planets to fuel the relocation spell.

The Planet Fenris and its spirit are alright.

That would end with the Emperor and the High Lords getting busted by Captain Planet for ruining Terra's nature. The Laughing God gains enough power to defeat Slaanesh from the reaction this elicts from the enemies of the Imperium.

Not quite. She was just always there once he was born because time works differently in the Warp.

Shamans =/= Witches/Sorcerers

The Wolves use Fenris as a source of their power. Fenrisian "magic" is always called elemental and animalistic.

The Thousand Sons use the Warp/Chaos which is always stated to be corrupting. It's always described as entropic and ruinous.

The TS harnessed the power of Fenris to bring Magnus into real space.

>The Silver Towers, despite the counter-attacks of the Space Wolves, had proven subtle enough to evade detection – and where they were discovered, mighty enough to prevail against those that sought to stop them. Now, the gigantic citadels hovered over powerful geomantic sites, each siphoning the inherent power of Fenris for an even darker agenda.

>These cursed heavens were the backdrop against which the Sorcerers of Tzeentch wrought their works. Within the Silver Towers, blood rituals were taking place – within each inner sanctum a captive Space Wolf, bound tight in silver chain, was lowered into a cauldron of boiling gore. This was not strictly necessary for the aetheric summons the Exalted Sorcerers were performing, but the howls of outrage and despair were pleasing to their master nonetheless. For nine hours, nine minutes and nine seconds the rituals continued. A nexus of energy hung between the Silver Towers, a point of potential so destructive that reality thinned and bled pure magic around it. The skies swirled crimson as giant mouths howled the praise of the Architect of Fate; ravens and crows turned to blazing skeletons, forests screamed in pain. The Silver Towers glowed bright as stars, forming the ancient Prosperine symbol for vengeance when viewed from low orbit.
>Magnus the Red burst into being above the snows, and the fate of Fenris changed forever.

The towers later harnessed the death of Midgardia to allow Magnus to bring the planet of Sorcerers into realspace. This was described as the second most elaborate, powerful, and convoluted spell humanity has seen since the lighting of the Astronomicon. So good for Magnus.

An actual fitting song for this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4YxMWmJNZ_o

>The most powerful psyker in the galaxy, who guided humanity throughout it's history, saved it from the brink of extinction, created Primarchs and the most powerful empire in the galaxy, while also being your creator and your father.
>he tells you not to do sorcery at any cost until he says otherwise
>you fucking do it anyway
Yeah, it was all Magnus' fault.

>The Wolves use Fenris as a source of their power.
This is still powered by the warp user. Fenris must be a warp entity of some kind.

We know that the RP are 'psykers' they just use sorcery like I said which is extra heretical. Just because it 'works' doesnt make it safe.

Look, Khornefag, we get it. You like Khorne and think that the Space Wolves having magic wolf spirits is dumb. We agree, largely because it's just for Fenris and not for any other planet thus far. This does not mean Wolves are secretly chaos. You can stop samefagging now.

The reason Chaos Sorcery is dangerous is because it draws on the Chaos Gods, who actively want to destroy the universe and consider humans to be pawns at best. Space Woof Sorcery uses this weird wolf spirit thing, which is weird and unknown but presumably not completely evil.

>The reason Chaos Sorcery is dangerous is because it draws on the Chaos Gods
It draws on warp entities. Using a slaaneshi demon or the spirit of fenris is the same sorcery, just until now there had been no examples of warp entites powerful enough to do this that werent involved with the 4.

I dont remember if Eldar powers were described comeing from their gods before the fall do you? Because I feel that the tow are quite similar.

As for why the SW dont get dicked over we dont know they didnt bother to explain. Perhaps the Fenris warp entity is getting more out of this then has yet been explained.