>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shezarrine
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Shezarrine
reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/1su7tf/what_is_a_shezarrine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are there any good alternatives to Doormaker/the DBC for interdimensional and alternate timeline travel?

The Last Dragonborn is a unique circumstance. For certain he's got the potential to be the most powerful user of the Voice in the world and that his potential strength would greatly outstrip any of the Greybeards given sufficient time and training. In addition to that it's actually debatable whether or not he's "merely" a Dragonborn. It's very possible that he might actually be a Shezzarine given in-game dialogue and a number of events.

For the Last Dragonborn to be BOTH a Dragonborn, blessed by the divine blood of Akatosh, as well as being a Shezzarine would mean that he is seriously one of the most OP figures in Tamrielic history. The only beings who would be stronger than him would be someone who achieves CHIM or mantles a god like the Enatiomorph of Hjalti Early-Beard, Ysmir Wulfharth, and Zurin Arctus did to become Talos.

It's not like user can't become a Shezzarine.

Is there a generic mecha jump? I thought there was, but it had a weird name. I think it was a bunch of settings rolled into one?

Reminder that TES lore is created entirely through drugs and a hankering for SJW pussy.

There is the mad hatter´s hat which allows one to travel to alternate universes aslong as there is magic

No he can't. Shezarrines are reincarnations of Lorkhan, not the result of mantling. It's possible for a Shezarrine to mantle Lorkhan, of course, which is a mind-bending paradox of mortal Lorkhan literally mantling his god-self, but this is exactly how Talos came about so it's indisputably possible.

Doormaker and DBC are arguably the best since they make sure you'll have alt timelines and dimensions to find if they weren't already present.
However Skullduggery Pleasant has dimensional travel as a magic and when combined with Bioshock infinite tears there's nothing really stopping you from visiting all those different quantum universes.
Same with any other kind of alt world travel from the D&D Gate spell to Shadow Ops magic.

>Shezarrines are reincarnations of Lorkhan, not the result of mantling.
You're very, very wrong on that fact. I'm gonna have to ask for you to prove that.

Probably thinking of Super Robot Wars.

forgot to say that it is on the once upon a time jump

The one that Tera made?

are you serious right now

>Bioshock infinite tears
Those explicitly don't work as they do in canon. You don't have any control over them: It's all random.

CCDT was briefly considering an update, but I don't think anything ever came of that.

user, why do you say such hurtful things?

You mean the pastebin he stole that the original maker didnt even know was being published and made a different one

But yeah no I guess it is a pretty generic name in hindsight

Yeah which is why you use skullduggery pleasant magic to make them play nicer.
Since all it needs is something from the dimension you want to go to pinpoint it's position the items you can get from the tears work as a beacon.
Just having the tears won't do much on it's own, but when combined with other travel magic they ensure that alt dimensions at the very least exist to travel too.

There's also a Generic Gundam Jump.

The portal gun from Rick and Morty, for a cp buy.
The DLC from Portal 2 proves that the portals made by their Portal Gun could theoretically be tweaked to open portals to other universes.

No I'm not. And I don't have to prove shit, all it takes it a 5-second google search on the lore.

A Shezarrine is a reincarnation of Lorkhan and they are the results of Lorkhan's deliberate failing in the Psijic Endeavor and banishment, resulting in a regression into a mortal (makers become men) wherein he wanders Nirn in the shape of a man.

Doesn't the space magic from Hero BBS or whatever basically do that?

>I don't have to prove shit
Uh huh.

It's possible for there to be multiple Shezzarines at once. Hell, there was once a Nord Shezzarine who rode a Khajiit Shezzarine into battle. And that Nord Shezzarine had his status temporarily revoked by Lorkhan for trying to genocide the Dunmer. So that's already a conflict with your theory right there.

>makes a statement
>someone calls him on it, asks for proof
>"fuck you"

Okay then. Shitposter.

U fucking wut m8?

The only known Shezarrines are Pelinal, Zurin, Hjalti, and Wulfharth.

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shezarrine
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Shezarrine
reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/1su7tf/what_is_a_shezarrine/

There. Literally ten seconds, you fucking child.

That reminds me, is there any word on the progress of the worm update? I recall hearing that was in the works.

Wait, the CoC is a Shezzarine?

It's never coming.

There's a couple new powers, a shard backround instead of it being a drawback, and a few perks to go with said background.
Worm user is working on it on and off trying to get it just right, which means it's quite a ways off.

People who have a piece of a god inside them, some of them did really important stuff.

I think Warp Zone Wazoo from Captain N gives some of that, forgot how far it went

Trying to both get new content in, and polishing the jump as a whole. It's a lot of work to do and ground to cover, especially when I really don't want to cause a flame war over some change not coming out right or being taken the wrong way.

Life stuff effectively has it on hiatus though. Holiday season is killing me at my job.

It's true. Searching, but out of game references are obviously harder to find.

>A wiki
>A wiki
>A reddit post.
Not anymore credible than either of us are. Kirkbride has a reddit account, but I'm not seeing it in that thread. They also seem to think the Nerevarine is the actual reincarnation of Nerevar, and both of us know that's nonsense. Unless you seriously think Tiber Septim (who has no motivation to lie to you) and Vivec (who admittedly does) are together less trustworthy than Azura (Who does have motivation to fluff your dick up.)

Admittedly I didn't try that hard looking for sources.

But the Shezarrines work on a totally different format from the Nerevarine. Azura was leading you by the nose into mantling Indoril Nerevar so you never were any kind of "reincarnation." Shezarrines don't mantle, though. They don't go through the mantling process, they're Shezarrines from the beginning.

I thought the Elder Scrolls was about swords, magic, and programming jokes. What is this metaphysics bullshit?

See To understand TES lore, you have to understand that it's essentially Hinduism and Buddhism combined with a dash of Lovecraft while high on LSD then overlayed with a thin paint of swords and sorcery.

Oh sweet child, escape while you can.

What jumps would help with understanding FTL tech?

Oh also, at the upper ends, all that gets combined with mathematics heavy druggy scifi.

There's a lot of really weird deep lore that is never directly relevant to the games but is mentioned in the background information. It's there if you want to dig into it, but it has no influence on the gameplay or most of the plot.

Not to mention the less said about CHIM and the Amaranth the better.

There is some rather deep lore that changes every game, a bunch of autists on the internet called "lore masters" have spent an absurd amount of time trying to put everything together so that it fits without contradictions.

When I say Autists I mean people even we would consider unreasonable.

Jump # 129 Disgaea
Species: Angel (0)
Background: Celestia (0)
Perks:
*Level one (0)
*Soft Warmth (0)
*Love & Peace (0)
*A flower in the Desert (100, Discount)
*Morality Pet (200, Discount)
*Only The Pure of Heart (300, Discount)
*Professional Peanut Gallery (0)
*Moe – Upgraded (100)
*Mana Burst (0)
*Item World – Upgraded (300)

Features
*Magic
*Monsterous – Succubus

Equipment:
*A Crapton of Anime (0)
*Yuie flowers (0)
*An Idol’s Stage (400)

Companions
*Loyal Battle Monkeys (200)

Drawbacks:
*Flat (+100)
*Bully the Jumper (+100)

Ok, so this one started off a bit rough. We almost got our asses kicked by some common thugs. Also I was kind of suffering for my lost assets. I gained quite a temper as people just felt determined to rub my flatness in my face… So I eventually went on an Asura’s Wrath style quest to reclaim my bust.

I may have gone a little overboard as I gained the nickname “the holy terror” and I may have non-lethally nuked a town. A few of my companions started calling me Lina after that.

Anyways we hunted legends of magic that would make women’s breasts grow… most of them led to perverted places I would rather forget. We found a few promising things but they never seemed to work on me. Akitsu accidentally got affected by one and… well we had to find a reduction spell just so she could stand up.

Between my never ending hunt for bigger boobs we level grinded like mad, as you do in JRPGs. I never did find anything that would counter my drawback I got in lots of fights and well I just tried to forget this jump once I was out of it.

Any jump with FTL in it that offers technology perks, I'd imagine. Legacy of the Aldenata, Dahak, Polity, FTL (the game), Schlock Mercenary, Star Wars, Star Trek, Mass Effect...I can go on and on.

Futurama, Halo, Star Wars, 40k(bad idea), Mass effect, Star Fox, Star Trek, Marvel, and DC.
Those are should be a good start.

Someone was like. "We have a pretty neat fantasy setting."
Someone else was like "I have an actual bucket of LSD."
TES lore was the result.

Still have yet to see solid proof from sources that acknowledge mantling to be a thing. However, since I cannot find MY sources as of yet, neither of us currently has anyone more credibly to back us up.

Nah man, it's just fun to nerd out over lore. Now the people who actually dedicate their life or identity to it, those are crazy.

We had the guy who wrote like 4000 words on kanji meanings and how they don't affect a perk much like two threads ago. Don't underestimate us.

Do ya like da grindin' game?

>Now the people who actually dedicate their life or identity to it, those are crazy.
Yes the "Lore Masters", that's exactly who I'm talking about.

The entire universe of TES is actually the dream of a sleeping, schizophrenic god known as the Godhead and all of reality is created as a result of that entity's delusions. Everyone and everything is actually tiny secluded fragments of one thing (God), reality and the universe work on mind-bending metaphysics, and those "in the know" are on a journey to enlightenment to stop being God and become a different God.

Oh, the moons are actually the cleft halves of a dead god and the stars are holes poked in reality that lead to Aetherius. The Sun is a real big hole in reality that the God of Magic fled through.

Researching lore is fun as shit. I love reading through series and piecing things together. If at the end of it I understand it the way the author laid it out, I think of it as time well spent.

When does TTGL start getting worth watching? I'm on episode 4, and Kamina's bulshittery is straining me the fuck out.

If you already find it intolerable, it's only going to get worse. Simon basically becomes far worse than Kamina ever could hope to be as far as shounen bullshit goes.

If you don't like hotblood and determination it's probably not for you. Otherwise keep at it until shit gets real.

If you don't like Kamina's stuff it's not for you, sorry.

He dies in episode 8. It takes until episode 10 for the series to really hit its stride with Simon as the main protagonist. After that it's pretty good.

I don't know, it could just be Kamina himself he doesn't like. Kamina is an asshole. Simon is a super hotblooded shonen protagonist, sure, but he's not a dick about it like Kamina is.

(Starcraft: Zerg) #153
-Background: Primal Zerg (500CP) -TIME FOR FUN.
-Burrowing (Free) -DIG DIG DIG.
-Primal Awareness (Free) -Track down... must have essence.
-Essence Spinner (-100CP) -OH MY GODS I NEED THIS.
-Psionic Waveform (-700CP) -And time for a good psionic boost.
-Primal Pack Leader (-1000CP) (Discount) -HUUUUUUUGE. Adding 23 meters for a height of 156'9"!
-Primal Evolution (Free) -I will always evolve.
-The Sons of Korhal (-700CP)
-Hostile Hive (-400CP)
-Slow Evolution (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Zerus, 250 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Yessss... I see now. It was a warm-up. Though my guilt weighs heavily on me, I must use what I have gained. I must ensure I do well, ensure that what I have been gifted is used. To squander the donations of hundreds... thousands really, would be sacrilege. It would be cruel, sadistic. They don't need to have died for nothing. They won't.

But for now I must be strong. I must not be wasteful. I can accomplish both, yes. I can achieve balance within myself and balance within the world. I can make peace with myself in due time... in due time. But for now, the world awaits. Life awaits. The cycle will continue in due time, but for now I must take samples. I must prepare myself. I will not be found wanting.

>he's not a dick about it like Kamina is.
True enough, but user came across as not liking the hotblooded stuff for some reason.

Can you make things other than drills with Spiral Energy?

I didn't get that impression. He just said he didn't like "Kamina's bullshittery". Not "Kamina's hotblooded bullshittery".

Yes, but drills and giant robots are always the most efficient thing to make with Spiral Energy.

This .

He keeps screwing around in life-or-death situations, and it's pretty annoying to be honest, famalam. Like, he slaps Lagann around because it's not "cool" or something.

Simon is definitely a far more serious person than Kamina.

Simon is just as much of a dick, he's just not presented that way because he has the whole angst period and redemption arc that Kamina never got, since Kamina only serves to make Simon's character seem more agreeable.

Are there any perks or settings that would help with roboticizing my body without technically killing it?
I'm challenging myself by trying to do a 100% robot chain

I'm trying to find a reliable way to convert all my already organic altforms into completely inorganic equivalents, but as is the methods I could use are probably close enough to dying to get me sent home

so far any attempts to convert the brain are closer to a copy paste of my brain, rather than actually being "me".

Can you alter their length/width/sharpness? Basically making spiral "lances" instead?

Oh then yeah, it gets better after You Know What happens.

That's actually a part of his character that a lot of fanboys miss, for some reason. Kamina's not this awesome hero dude, he's a guy in over his head who uses bravado to keep it from showing. For all that Gurren Lagann is about the epitome of the hotblooded willpower-fueled hero archetype, it actually tries to subvert that in some places. Kamina recognizes that Simon's persistence and willingness to press on in the face of adversity is worth a lot more than his audacious ambition, while Simon himself recognizes that Rossieu's pragmatic approaches to dealing with problems makes him a far better leader (at least in times of peace) than he could ever be.

Besides final forming a robot altform using the others as a template there's not much out there.
Eclipse Phase, and Ghost in the Shell might have stuff, but even then it's either incomplete or still a copypasta job.

However if you go to SOMA and survive copy/paste doesn't kill you anymore since it's an actual transfer.
Probably not quite what you're looking for, but now uploading your mind is a safe thing to do.
Whether or not that would be persistant for your altform is up to fanwank.

>Rossieu
>Good for anything
Biggest piece of shit in the show right there.

Yes. While the Gurren Lagann and its upgrades mostly use blunt drills meant for excavating big holes (though it does use thin ones for focusing energy into beam attacks), most other drill-equipped Ganmen use lance drills. Most notable is Lordgenome's Ganmen, the Lasengann, which uses thin and flexible drills as spear-tendrils.

Become a different God? What would that entail?

SOMA has a perk that copying your mind into a new substrate just moves it, instead.

No, Simon has his issues, but I wouldn't call him a dick. Like you said, he has an angsty period, but that's in response to emotional trauma. Kamina's just generally belligerent and mocking.

Sure, no other gunman has exhibited this, but the big bads gunman is able to generate those lance like drills, and even make the drills angle and bend mid air

He's the one in charge of day to day maintenance of the government. Sure, in times of crisis he freaks out due to not sharing Simon's ability to break reality by wanting it hard enough. But even then he was doing the best he could with his limited resources, he didn't choose to sacrifice some to save the rest because he liked it. And when you're not being attacked by giant hand monsters from the nega-zone, you want someone who can manage a state's administration. Rossieu's just fine, I don't bear him any ill will.

That would be the Amaranth. It's complicated and I don't really understand all of it but I'll try and boil it down the best I can.

To understand the Amaranth you have to understand CHIM. I'll skip the seven Walking Ways and the Psijic Endeavor to just cut to the chase; CHIM is the realization that you are a dream and the overcoming of the cosmic logical error resulting from this realization. It is to realize that 1 - 1 = 0 and then scream at reality that you exist even in face of overwhelming evidence that you do not, that you are simply a glorified fabrication. If you fail you zero sum; you cease to exist completely and are erased entirely from history. The little piece of the Godhead represented by you "wakes up."

If you succeed you achieve CHIM. You realize that everything in existence is you and that you are everything and everyone in existence. You attain unbelievable godlike power over reality vastly in excess of anything that exists. You essentially become a small, lucid-dreaming fragment of the Godhead and wield absolute control over reality to such a degree that you may as well be omnipotent.

The Amaranth is a step beyond that. The Amaranth is the true last subgradient of AE, the ultimate objective of all of those who attain lucid-dreaming CHIM. It is when the dream becomes the dreamer. It is the leap from the Tower and dream a whole world of you. It is to become a new God and dream a new Wheel.

As an acorn falls from a tree grows into a new tree, the dream falls from the Tower and becomes a new dreamer.

That's as much as I can say, though. I might be wrong about some stuff. Amaranth is complicated.

You don't get excused for being a rat fink traitor just because you panicked.

Huh, well, that could work if I'm ever suicidal enough to jump SOMA. I'll probably just use on of the mega man jumps. and just not leave that form

If I'm not mistaken those are some of if not the only jumps that let you permanently make your base form robotic. Someone can correct me if I'm totally wrong.

He never betrayed anyone. He thought Simon was guilty of a crime, he arrested Simon for it. He was later proven wrong, and released Simon. No treachery, just hasty conclusions due to the aforementioned panic.

It sort of works that way I'm pretty sure shifting into an altform makes you not a robot anymore so if you want to stop being a reploid and you went human in mass effect that's an option.
Personally I just handwave it as another altform for convinience sake since it's near functionally identical.
Of course you could always take it in the other direction and have being a reploid be permanant no matter what your form is.
Alt form rules are mutable and hardly standardized.

Fortunately the SAO jump exists and that headache is thankfully optional for the low low cost of 600cp without discount.

As for there being other jumps that make you a permanant robot besides those that don't specify if it's an altform or not I don't think there are any.
Terminator is close since you can merge your terminator body with your default form IIRC. Not sure if that counts.

It says in the gauntlet if you die you get to keep your perks and items, so if you really don't want to actually do the gauntlet, you could probably just kill yourself immediately after starting.

In his defense Simon was actually guilty of the crime he was accused of, even if they were fucking stupid charges.

true

It's important to realize thta CHIM is by no means omnipotence. There are limits, including other beings who have achieved CHIM and ESPECIALLY beings who have walked multiple Walking Ways like Talos has, which seems to further boost your powers.

Hi, Red, I saw your Animal Crossing build in the last thread and just wanted to let you know that you don't need to purchase each tier of the shop to get the next one; you can just get Jumpington's. Also, Downsizing is worded sorta poorly and is meant to make it so you can change the size/style of your shop between the biggest tier you bought and the default.

Unthinking adherence to foolish laws is more a crime than breaking them.

From a literal standpoint you are objectively wrong.

>From a literal standpoint
Nobody cares about your literalism. Humans aren't robots and shouldn't seek to be unthinking enforcers of policy over higher concerns.

You're making a good argument for why Lawful Good is the worst alignment.

If you did that, you'd probably fail the chain for not being interesting enough.

Words have meaning for a reason. Adhereing to laws by defnition is the opposite of commiting a crime.
Whether or not it's a bad thing is another story.

No, he wouldn't. That's stupid, m80.

>implying fluff is fiat

Suicide is actually a reasonable answer to getting tossed into SOMA.
Seriously I'd imagine it's a pretty common result. That setting is bullshit especially if you're unlucky enough to get structure gel where it doesn't belong.

...bloody hell, and here I thought the dragon in human form thing was the biggest deal.

The wiki isn't opening for me on this device for some reason. Asusming my TES lore is a bit hazy, what is a Shezzarine and why is it a big deal? For that matter, what are those things that surpass him?

Also discounting that, why does the Last Dragonborn explicitly have the potential to be the strongest Voice user? Is it just a destiny thing?

Now that I think about it. There's a /v/ pasta out there which suggests Miraak's cult was essentially trying to trick the world into retconning Miraak as God, causing the current reality to be destroyed?

I dunno either man, I keep forgetting about this stuff too.

I just wanted to doublecheck which mystic weight division I was in around jump #10ish and found out I've apparently been an SMT protagonist at a time where I really, really shouldn't be.

I guess it DOES explain how I survived certain events, but still.

English words have multiple definitions and usages. In this case the word crime was being used to refer to moral, ethical, decency, or crime against oneself. The implication being that such crimes are more severe than breaking the crime of government regulation. Get it now?

If you are giving yourself structure gel suppositories you should seriously reconsider your life priorities, yeah.

A Shezzarine is a mantling of Lorkhan (the guy you quoted would say it's a reincarnation, you can see our argument above). Lorkhan is the Et'Ada (spirit basically) that convinced a gaggle of other Et'Ada (who you now know as the Magna Ge, Aedra, Earthbones, and Mortals among other names) that creating. the world was a good idea. Afterwards, the Aedra tore his heart out and cast it to the est of Tamriel (now Red Mountain), split his body in two and cast them into the sky (now Masser and Secunda.)

Despite being 'dead' Lorkhan is still alive because part of him is infused into Mundus. Anyway, his goal for all of this was to end the constant stasis that existed in Aetherius beforehand, and give as many beings as possible the opportunity to achieve the Walking Ways (also known as the Paths to Heaven Through Violence) and eventually, Amaranth.