There are spiders that seek out magic users to take and wear their skulls on their bodies

>There are spiders that seek out magic users to take and wear their skulls on their bodies.
>The act of doing so greatly raises their intelligence and gives them the ability to cast magic

Other urls found in this thread:

minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1513.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

neat, anything else to add or is this a dead end thread?

I love zelda

Are these spiders naturally big or do house spiders find wizard skulls and just kind of squat there for a bit?

Maybe wizard brains are mutative; eating the tissue causes normal house spiders to grow unusually large while gaining some of the spellcaster's intelligence.

Of course. Wizard corpses are a common source of gigantic and/or magical vermin. Scavengers in particular often become magically infused in settings where animals can absorb magic.

And THIS is why you kill spiders with fire and extreme prejudice.

So how do they find magic users specifically? Are these super-intelligent, wide-travelling spiders that are roaming the world and looking for pointy hats? How do they kill the wizards when they find them?

Or do they just hang out in graveyards with tiny shovels looking for magegraves?

So that's why there are so many spiders in my house.

I assume it's like how in some zombie movies the zombies can sense the living through supernatural means.

If a mage dies and you don't quickly remove the body, a steady stream of spiders will be seen crawling toward his tower.

Make the abdomen a brain that they socket into the skull and puppet the body mimicking the victim but with a predisposition for perching in high places , only eating liquid food, and always wearing a hat

>Spiders
Kill it with fire, magnets and the raging fury of a thousand suns.

The merska wears the skin of its kill and gains its intelligence and some memories in order to trick others and eat them too. Its a bit like the insectoid version of the thing.

Oh look, another reason I should glass the forest. And it will save so much time with the one small goblin burrow we need to find.

But spider are harmless, cute & fun creatures

Fuck off, Rachnera.

Wait, so if I wear the skull of a magic user will it also raise my intelligence?

So Hermit Crabs. . .
Just instead of crabs it's spiders, and instead of finding shells they kill people and wear their skulls.

neat. . .

Fly poster pls go.

>dissing jumpers
Worse than Mecha Hitler.

What system, m80?

> Jumpers.

Those spiders are fucking terrifying by sheer virtue of their intellectual capabilities.

>instead of crabs it's spiders
Fun fact: Crabs are arachnids.

Literally sea spiders.

You know, I'd think insects would be terrifying creatures in any sort of fantasy setting.

Because I'm a gigantic bundle of sticks I've been thinking of taking something like FF15 for the modern flavored science-fantasy feel but making it grittier like the poor have it bad because the bad part of town has human sized insects that prey on the homeless and occasionally the police have to go in with plate armor, machine guns, and swords to clear them out.

Insects are crazy when sized up:
> Naturally armored exoskeleton
> Powerful for their size and weight
>Many can fly
If you remove the oxygen and square cube law problems, you're left with a surprisingly powerful monster

The Gray Shiver is a spider that crawled into the skull of a destroyed Lich. It gains some of the Undeads magic and personality because of its proximity.
minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1513.0

>Crab
They're both Arthropoda. Crabs are Crustaceans not arachnids.

>These spiders make excellent pets for liches

what is that?

>It also lets them to produce adamantium sharpened to a razor's edge instead of silk and to spin it into webs.

Thanks user. I knew this thing existed in a monster manual already but couldn't think of the name.

Are you a spider?