What would the Sisters of Battle be like as daemons of the Emperor?

what would the Sisters of Battle be like as daemons of the Emperor?

there was a thread where the topic came up recently, and a number found the concept fascinating, so how would you take the idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/JqY7Z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can they be sexy demons?

I kinda want that. I really hate the claw thing we have currently.

reposting some greetext from the last tjread

>here's how I would do it
>lemon yellow color schemes
>main animal influences are gastropods and mollusks, sometimes fish
>sisters are kind of "fused" with their armor; the neck guard has become their lower face so they only have the nose and up
>very large eyes, kind of dead looking and glassy
>exaggerated "female" forms, in a geometric sense. they're more top heavy hourglasses instead of being feminine by having boobs or anything
>they wield freaky daemon bolters and sometimes chainswords
>those that wield flamers shot out deep golden flames that hum like a choir rather then crackle
>Heralds are decked out with jellylike pairs of wings, sometimes with more then one pair, like the fins of a sea angel

>Jameston was always a hardy man; he was cadian born, after all
>he never had any fear of chaos, even when he was a child he was punting nurglings and harassing daemonettes
>so when he and his regiment were assigned to work with the Sisters of Battle, he was one of the few who wasn't immediately put off by them
>they were tall as shit, and freaky too
>they reminded Johnston of the seafood his grandmother would serve back on his home planet
>rubbery, yellow, and undeniably tainted
>under official Imperium terms, the Sisters were "angels", but anyone with half a brain knew otherwise
>Kev, the local psyker, won't even let himself be in the same areas as them
>despite all the fear surrounding the, Johnston was undeniably entranced
>the way their hips swing, the curves of their chest plates
>and most importantly
>how that squishy lemon flesh feels on his dick
>approaching one, he decided to start off with some small talk
>she didn't really understand anything he tried to talk about
>the only things she was willing to discuss were things like how great the Emperor is, or about the "bright place" where she and her sisters "bloomed forth"
>Johnston has heard the word Emperor enough that he begins to gag at the sound, so he quickly tries to steer the conversation to it's true purpose
>"so, uh..."
>"you down to fuck?"
>the daemon cocked her head
>"ą f͞u̷c̛k?"
>the cadian was taken aback
>this must be those prudes on terra
>they're probably just jealous that they can't get any, so they don't tell the fishsticks about it
>"it's when a guy takes it's cock and sticks it in a pretty girl. you know, like you."
>"dơ̶ yo҉̧̢u͘͠ m̸̴̕eaǹ s͝͠e҉̶x҉͟?̵"
>the daemon's gray eyes locked onto him, gazing into him intensely enough that he could feel it
>"yeah?"
>with an inhuman quickness, she raised her flamer to Johnston's face
>"b͘͜͟ u҉͡ r̢̀ n s͡͡ l̶ a̶͜͠ a̸ ń e̡͜͡ s͏̀ h̕͢ i̵ s̸͢ c̡͘ u m̀͘"

>what would the Sisters of Battle be like as daemons of the Emperor?

Living Saints are already demons of the Emperor, so they'd be that or mini versions of that if Living Saints are Demon Princesses of the Emperor.

>Living Saints are already demons of the Emperor
I'll personally never accept this; they would just so bland for daemons

something like or feels far better to me, where they feel like actual warp entities instead of generic angel people

>I'll personally never accept this

Why? They already behave like demons, popping up when most needed, disappear after killed or when they've done their deeds only to manifest again years later to help true believers.

they're just not "daemonic" enough for my tastes. Daemon in my mind are eldritch beings with strange names and stranger ways of thinking, that take on a number of aberrant forms and simply don't work by the same rues the mortals of realspace do. The Living Saints are just too "normal" and "pure" to be daemons, they're too human.
plus, I hate the good=safe, clean and beautiful while evil=gross and frightening. the (relatively) good guys should get to have badass monsters too.

>They already behave like demons
not particularly, though it has some similarities to possession

the retconned guardian spirit celestine is sort of like that? but that retcon was stupid and completely killed her character so whatever

That depends; what do you find sexy?

Legion of the Damned are already much closer to being the Emperor's Daemons, they even have the daemonic gimmick of suddenly appearing out of thin air.

This artwork is fucking trash.

I gotta ask

Why are saints no wearing shoes?

user obviously wants a Celestial Succubus that always remember to put on a Condom before agressively acquiring consent from their partner.

Didnt Saint Sabbat take over a girl that one of Ghuants Ghosts wanted to fuck?

Wouldn't it just be the Angels vs demons argument? What one side views as abhorrent the other views as divine.

They do? Damn, things have changed a lot since Witchhunter codex.

I prefer the idea of the Emperor and his daemons being as human as possible and as "perfect" and "holy" as can be since you have to remember that Emps is the master of mankind and he represents humanity, perfection and potential.
Plus one has to assume that his power came from human worship.

I imagine that Daemons of the Emperor would either look like super idealized humans sort of like Astartes and Primarchs or armored up and sort of mechanical covered in Imperial heraldry

This. Remeber that warp entities are shaped off belief, the emperors Angels would look holy and, well, angelic, rather than like monsters. Humans wouldn't manifest their saviors as looking like xenos monsters

Pay attention to this user, he knows his shit.

How about eldritch geometric angels in cute girls clothes?

>angelic, rather than like monsters

Proof that you haven't read the bible, the torah, or the quran. Every time an angel shows up it has to tell any humans it doesn't intend to smite, "Fear not," because of how terrifying and freakish it is. The ophallum, the angels that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, basically looked like gigantic stone gyroscopes studded with eyeballs and alight with flame. Nobody knows what seraphim look like because they have to block everything except their faces with their wings, mortal observers explode upon looking at their bodies.

Right, but we aren't discussing Biblical angels, we're discussing Imperial angels. The Imperium is obsessed with the human form and the purity of humanity, so it would make sense for the warp entities shaped by their belief to embody the same ideals.

This user has the right idea

I loathe the concept, but if you write any related fanfiction stuff remember to archive it on 1d4chan for those who like it.

>Living Saints are already demons of the Emperor,
This is a 100% headcanon, please don't pretend like it isn't.

Are Legion of the Damned just that?

>The Imperium is obsessed with the human form and the purity of humanity, so it would make sense for the warp entities shaped by their belief to embody the same ideals.

Don't forget skulls and fire. We could totally work in skulls and fire.

Literally legion of the damned, who are the closest thing to imperial daemons.

Between them and the Legion of the Damned, I think the implication is that as time advances, humanity's worship is slowly turning the Emperor into a warp god. So Saints are becoming more and more like daemons.

I'm cool with them being warp "angels," since daemons are shaped by belief, and humanity believes the Emperor to be perfect and holy. However, considering the machine fetish of the Imperium, I wouldn't be surprised if the angels looked like pic related.

Great point here!

>cogs fucking everywhere
There's a thought. There's plenty of Mechanicus cult members in the Imperium.
Presumably their belief should shape any Imperial Angels into partly mechanical beings.

Plot twist, they don't. So where's all their belief going?

40k Hashut when?

Admech worship goes to the Void Dragon

Perhaps the admech have diminished their souls by replacing flesh with unfeeling machinery, and so their power goes nowhere

Their worship goes to the Machine Spirit, the Dragon of Mars.

>main animal influence
See, I have a problem with that.
The imperial Creed is based on the belief that mankind is perfect.
The sisters or the ecclesiarchy, contrary to the guard or SM, doesn't use any animal name or emblem. No lions on the pauldrons or tanks named after mythical beasts.

Instead they use human elements, crafted items and plants (mostly roses for the SoB emblems).

So if you want nighmarish demons of the emprah, I'd use decaying human figures in well-made gear but without high-tech.
Eventually with various degrees of plant infestation like Alkemy's avalonians.
You can play with the number and position of organs and limbs, as long as they are human.

The big question to ask.in this scenario is if Emperor's Daemons are somehow "dofferent" from other daemons.

In the end, the Ruinous Powers (discounting Slaanesh) are humanity's pantheon. Nurgle was born from emotion love. Khorne was made from human anger. Nurgle was made from human hope. Would beings crafted from the Emperor's might be any different?

If they aren't, I would expect something like . If they are somehow different, then seems more fotting.
I personally think that they would come out more like the former, but we all know that if gee dubs used the idea they would slap wings and a halo on the Sisters and call it a day.

>tech daemons
god, this concept of imperial daemons could be so cool if done right.

What if machine spirits and corrupted AIs are already tech daemons?

>what would the Sisters of Battle be like as daemons of the Emperor?
Gold armor with Imperial heraldry, form fitting designed to emphasize the human form, can range from standard SoB boobplate to pretty much just metal skin
If there's any exposed skin armor starts to blend into it at the edges, nonhandheld machinery used is either grafted into armor or her own body
Physically they are tall and muscular, VERY idealized human form, not overtly sexualized (at least not any more than the SoB currently are), but still definitely based on a beautiful female and definitely able to wreck your shit
Aura of fire and chanting as well

if the Sisters are the Emperor's minor daemons, then what would his greater daemons, daemon steeds, and daemonic beasts be like?

hard mode: do not mention the living saints

I wonder when that drawfriend will finish that comic he talked about last thread

Legion of the Damned.

Like creepy dolls. Blank expressions, waxy skin, huge eyes, that kind of thing.

What would the daemon engines look like?

it would give an excuse for the gray knights and such to wield daemon weapons without bullshit

>used my shitty concept art for OP

FFFFUUUUUCK

>shitty
I think it's pretty alright, user
have you made any new pieces?

Nah. I went to bed not long after that, and yesterday evening after getting back I drew this instead.
m.imgur.com/a/JqY7Z

I'll start that comic tonight.

Greater Daemons would be massive armored humanoids. Pretty much like the standard image of an archangel.
I could see the daemon steeds being motorcycle-like horses or horse-like motorcycles.

What if the daemonic steeds are Sleipnir?

It could work, especially when mixed with some of the other concepts and themes from the thread, like the rose sisters or the deep sea sisters.

>Imperial Angels
The most notable quote about Angels in the whole of 40k refers to Marines.

The third one down in that album looks freaky as hell. What are these?

Like standard imperial vehicles, but maybe more "blessed" and stylized. the "daemon" in this case is just a more powerful machine spirit. An imperial angel army wouldn't look too much different than a combination of the sisters, the legion of the damned and all the angel iconography you see in the background. They'd look holy, magnificent and organized, a hard counter to the daemonic hordes of chaos

You can have distinctly human features AND look absolutely monstrous, I think.

>they'd look holy, magnificent and organized, a hard counter to the daemonic hordes of chaos
personally, I would make them look just as monstrous.
no matter how you try to slice it, daemon sisters would still be daemons, just daemons that are okay to keep around. the Emperor would be melding the warp to create them, just like any bloodletter or daemonette, so I don't see why they would be any different.

plus, I think the monstrous look is daemons have is a lot cooler then the relatively normal style of most Imperial things

not necessarily belief; emotion, rather. it's why the chaos god of love is a big gross blob of rot instead of the ultimate care bear.
something born out of worship of humanity's superiority could very easily be strange and monstrous.

>chaos god of love is a big gross blob of rot
stopped taking you seriously right there, nurgle has always been despair.

Daemons of chaos look horrifying because they're based heavily on the darkest emotions of humanity, and they're supposed to be horrifying. they're also created on the whim of their patron chaos god, not human emotions. If the Emperor is the one willing these angels into being, why would he make them look like horrifying xenos? looking monstrous isn't an automatic side effect of being made of warp energy. The things most associated with imperial saviors are angels and the space marines which the general public thinks are angels anyways, not flower monsters or fish creatures

>chaos god of love
>nurgle has always been despair
not to be THAT guy, but it's both. nurgle is both life and death, rot and vigor, joy and sadness.

in my humble onion I would just have daemon sisters look monstrous like other daemons just because I think it both is a better aesthetic and because the standard living saint style angel is a pretty lazy way to design a benevolent daemon

Yet the chaos gods became what they are without direct worship. If Emps does become a litaral warp god then my guess is that humanity and his principles will fit it with his persona.
My guess is that deamons of Emps will look very majestic, royal, golden and stern.
A thing that one must consider is that maybe an Angel can be very menacing just like how a Space Marine can be menacing. You are dealing with a towering being of light that makes you look like nothing in comparison.
Now consider what happens if Emps as God gets a bit control crazy like he did in old times. Does beings of perfection become an object of fear in moments.

Like this but with tits.

Stormcast eternals are pretty much the closest thing to what the "daemons" of a Human order god would look like. The emperors would look pretty similar (they already do) with more skulls and flames than hammers and storms.

Sisters dump?
Sisters dump!

Huge golden chariots and wheels of eyes wreathed in flame.

As for beasts? Eagles.

I like the idea of the sisters being possessed by the energy Mankind's faith in the Imperial Creed. At pivotal moments, a flash of super natural power imbues the sister and allows them to perform super human feats or use weapons clearly operating beyond the expected performance.

In times of great need or in great individuals, a small part of the emperor turns them into walking flaming kill machines.

As a whole though the SOB need a rework both in fluff and rules wise.

Personally I think they need to take up a more active role dealing with psykers in the Imperium. Make them THE anti psyker army but also the one who are nurturing the best and brightest minds to be useful servents to the Imperium.

Kinda related

Would their versions of greaters look the most human but just a bit monstrous? If so just how monstrous?

looks like a Lady Deathwatch

despite their strange appearances and behaviors, the Imperium looks up to them as symbols of hope just the same, and the Sisters are just as valorous as any human servant of the Emperor; perhaps even more so since they are safe in the knowledge that if they are felled they can be resummoned and continue to serve His will and the will of His people

I think the artist was trying to reinvent them.

What do you guys think about this design for a greater daemon of the Emperor? Or at least a daemon?

I actually like it a lot.
It has a good balance between angelic and daemonic elements; there's no denying that it's the emperor's doing, but it's also definitely warpspawn.

I'm not sure if I want to fuck it or not, which is a good start.

I say make it even MORE ambiguously bangable!

I like it, but I think it needs an aquilla.

While I like the design, it doesn't feel Imperial to me and I'm not really sure why, I think it maybe the colors oddly enough, maybe black on gold would look better? Not sure it could also be the tiny, tiny head I guess
Actually may have it

What about this?

ooh, I like the legs

I think it looks better, though I did like the heels on the first one personally

I provide.

I'd make them doll-like, slightly androgynous females. Not androgynous in the way that daemonettes are but more like Tilda Swinton. I'd focus on the idea of them trying to take the human form and 'be' human without actually being capable of doing either.

like this guy said i like the idea that they are so "perfect" looking that they hit the uncanny valley while clad in high tech(read:gold) gear