Can someone please explain to me why the hell this card is seeing fucking Legacy play??? Please tell me its just a meme...

Can someone please explain to me why the hell this card is seeing fucking Legacy play??? Please tell me its just a meme...

Obviously just the meme card of the week. People try out weird shit in Legacy all the time, le Dack, Nahiri, Ashiok, hell, even complete fucking garbage like Kaya Ghost Assassin and Chandra Flamecaller.

Dack, Nahiri, and Ashiok are great cards-they're just very niche/build-around, much like Tezzeret and Karn. Nissa falls into the pile with the Kayas and 6 Mana Chandras of the world; it's complete fucking garbage.

the +1 is great, the -3 is decent, and the -6 is fantastic and can be used the turn after you slam her down.

the fact that she's 5 mana is a massive downside, but if there's a deck that can reliably make it to 5 mana i don't see why she's so terrible (in that deck)

Fast mana is easier to generate in Legacy, and there are more tools to disrupt linear quick decks whose goal is combo out or aggro out the opponent as fast as possible, so the format isn't limited to playing only 1 to 3 mana cards like Modern is.

Nissa is a control card that creates a 5/5 beater every turn, or can return a control piece from your graveyard to your hand, and enables late game card advantage with her ultimate (which only requires one turn of set-up).

If you stopped and thought about how decks work instead of just using mental shortcuts like "any planeswalker over three mana isn't worth playing!" you would have realized the power Nissa, Vital Force gives the color green to be a control deck.

>Fast mana is easier to generate in Legacy, and there are more tools to disrupt linear quick decks whose goal is combo out or aggro out the opponent as fast as possible, so the format isn't limited to playing only 1 to 3 mana cards like Modern is.

This.

People think that legacy is all about turn 1-2 kills and broken combos.

In reality, Legacy gives you much more leeway that Modern does. In modern you will never hardcast something that costs more than 4 mana. In Legacy that's completely feasible.

Think about it in progression.

You pay 5 mana. You drop a planeswalker. You +1 that planeswalker, and now have a 5/5 land-creature, and a 6 Loyalty Planeswalker.

You have, essentially, payed 5 mana for a 5/5 and gotten a planeswalker who will pop her ultimate next turn for free. The 5/5 for 5 is maybe unimpressive on its own, but the efficiency there is real. And if you can defend Nissa until your next turn, the card advantage means topdecking land isn't a waste of a turn.

What is this, a card for ants?

What deck? A loam version or something?

I'm giving it a shot in nic-fit over Sorin since the 5/5 is just such a beating in most matchups

>goes over so many threats, blocked forever by TNN but so is everything else
>can sac the land after to cabal therapy
>-3 is a regrowth in a deck full of high value one-ofs
>ultimate is a real possibility, only needs one turn alive, draws 2 off of fetches and explorers

Its done pretty alright so far. Most of the time its been 5 mana regrowth + fog or force bait to protect JTMS. Haven't lost a game yet after she stuck for 3 turns

>+1
>untap Cradle
>tap Cradle for teh manas
>use Symbiote, untap Cradle
>more teh manas

>Nic-Fit
Ah, so in a deck that plays jank and that isn't a factor in the meta. Got it.

More than this, it's the flexibility.
It's a finisher with 2 paths towards victory, either you pick a quality piece from the graveyard and just attack with a 5/5, or grab some mass card advantage, how can control lose with that much card advantage?
A number of 5-mana finishers have been playable, this one will be as well, in the right shell.

Its a local meta choice. When half the shop is delver variants and only one guy runs a fast deck its pretty nice. My only complaint is that I cant GSZ for her

This lol. Nicfit is trash.

Partly because of force of will and other disruptive stuff

I want to say that Veeky Forums is bad at magic because of these people

But these people
are also on Veeky Forums and obviously aren't.

Because Legacy is better than Modern

Sometimes you gotta cast glimpse, 7 elves, and a hoof.

So you were watching Shaun McLaren tonight too?

Have you ever untapped a Gaea's Cradle? There's your answer.

Veeky Forums has many people who are bad at magic, but there's enough retards here that some will inevitably know what they're actually doing.

He's a faggot, and so are you.