/kdm/ /kdmg/ /kdg/ - Kingdom Death General

Old thread: MOST QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED BY CHECKING THIS PAGE
vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/
MOST QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED BY CHECKING THIS PAGE
>what is Kingdom Death
Monster Hunter the board game, set in the world of Berserk.

>which pledge do I get
If you don't have the game, get the Lantern pledge. If you do have it and just want to update it, get the upgrade pack. Everything else can be added on from those two pledges.

>is the stuff in the upgrade pack a stretch goal?
No.
>is the stuff in the gamblers chest a stretch goal/is it random
Not a stretch goal. Everything on the table, revealed or not, will be in the chest. The gamble is just that you don't know what's in it yet.

>what are the stretch goals?
There aren't any, really. We blew the lid off this campaign so hard, we unlocked everything and more in the first day. So instead of posting 40 days worth of content at once, he is staggering the reveals. Everything is already unlocked though.

>i won't get the game till 2020???????
No. read the shipping section on the kickstarter page. The game ships in 2017. 2020 is a worst case scenario for some of the very very early in production items, not the game itself.

>links
Kickstarter Page: kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
Adams comments: kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
Rules errata: kingdomdeath.com/wp/faq/

If you donated to a kick starter for a reprint, you should kill yourself.

kk brb

>just a prank bro

I've been trying for years, user.

So, seriously, is Poots already bankrupt?

Not yet, but give it time. He's over excitable and starts wanting to add more shit the more money it gets. Eventually it will overrun like the original did

>OP Image

Do you feel as if KD objectifies women?
Do you feel that objectifying women is a bad thing?
Cannot a person enjoy being valued as an attractive sex object in addition to a person?

>set in the world of Berserk
It should really be changed to show it's INSPIRED BY Berserk, not actually set there.

>already
He has been. For a while. The cost of the kickstarter was 4million dollars, and he only earned 2million.

>does KD objectify women?
Kingdom Death does, with the pinup lines. Kingdom Death Monster does not.
>is objectifying women a bad thing?
Depends on the context. Fully clothed men with nearly nude women is kinda shitty. KD Is starting to balance it out, so it's all good.
>Cannot a person enjoy being valued as an attractive sex object in addition to a person?
People can be. Fictional abstractions are controlled entirely by the creator so trying to pass them off as a women with their own choices is a flawed arguement.

>He has been. For a while. The cost of the kickstarter was 4million dollars, and he only earned 2million.

Where does all the money go for this game?

Models/artists/printing?

Yes.

>was saving money for a satan pledge
fuck

You are an idiot who does not understand KS.

>Fictional abstractions are controlled entirely by the creator so trying to pass them off as a women with their own choices is a flawed arguement.

Yeah almost as flawed as the claim that objectifying said fictional abstractions -literally little plastic OBJECTS- has any real life implications on women.

>Fully clothed men with nearly nude women is kinda shitty.

You say that as if there was some intrinsic, obvious to your claim and save yourself any reasoning or data to back it up.
Getting over confident with your agenda here, friend.

To be fair, he got back to solvent before launching this KS, otherwise he probably would have gone dark before finishing (non-lantern-festival) fulfillment of the last one.

Our hope is that he doesn't push himself nearly as deep underwater this time. The man is capable of learning, just at a disadvantage.

There's even a chance that aggressive addon orders could even leave him in the black on this KS.

>Our hope is that he doesn't push himself nearly as deep underwater this time. The man is capable of learning, just at a disadvantage.
So you're saying he has a learning disability?

Yeah, he is making way more money this time around. As long as he doesn't go full retard, he should end up with something to show for it. Or, at the very least, a stockpile of stuff to sell over time for profit.

Satan tiers are basically an excuse to reprint everything, and while he is at it he can order more than the satans really account for and sell the surplus individually.

The majority of it goes to printing from what I understand from the last time. The printing apparently costs more than the models, which is why a model-less version would still have to be the same price. Getting the dies cut for injection molding is expensive, but it's a one time expense.

When it comes to responsible project creation, I think how damn excitable the man is counts.

He's at the top of the scale, with the small dogs.

If I DGAF about non-game content, is it better to keep my BF gambler's lantern second face, add the old expacs, and scalp the pinups and promos (I play a friend's core game and he's not interested in updating or expanding, forgive me if promos are game content), or get a retail pledge, add box + expacs, and sell the five spare cores?
The shirt is really nice but won't be a factor.

Decided to come here to "brag" about supporting this in the "Ancient Gold Lantern" pledge.

Then I see everyone talking about Poots being in shit situation and how all of this is doomed.

How fucked am I?

And and news abut when he might send out the reprint of the original expansions.

>Makes his passion his job
>Creates the thing he wants.
>And it actually sells
>Doesn't have anyone behind you to tell you what to do

I'd be the same if I was in his place.

You've got a month to drop your pledge, of your should be so stupid

Not very, all this is coming out even if he has to go into debt to do it.
Also
>bragging about anything without a backer limit

Eh, you are fine. He made the first one work at longer odds than this one.

Without some form of tension, how could you get more people to throw money at you?

>And and news abut when he might send out the reprint of the original expansions.
It's seeming like they're either going to be wave 2, with the Gambler's Chest, or a new wave 1.5 in between waves 1 and 2. He has confirmed that he cannot send them in the same box as the core game because the core game will fucking crush them in transit because it's so big and heavy. Pic related. There's also the concern that they won't be reprinted in time to be delivered in wave 1. Throughput at the factory is going to be an issue for him, especially with this many orders.

That girl gun get raped.

What does she expect, being born to a father so degenerate he would buy a rape game like Kingdom Death?

She was asking for it.

Hope she rolled low enough for negative anal and vaginal circumference.

She grows up to be a famous safari hunter.
Covered in bleached lion pelts, gains control of small African country.
Lantern statues everywhere, leads country to Edisonian industrial revolution.
Returns to America a hero of the African people.

... yeah me too.

I wish fucking pootykins would hurry up and announce a gamers pledge or something.

He said *maybe* he will do such a thing at the very end of the campaign once all the addons are on the table. He's very gunshy about doing bundle pledges right now because last time he nearly lost his hat because of them.

>lost his hat because of them
What's the profit margin on his printing? I mean, if he's selling everything, I'm not sure how destitution can be occurring.

He lost $1M on the first printing, and the expacs were only $5 cheaper each.

Individually they were only $5 cheaper, but he also had a bundle at $300 that was basically that campaign's Satan pledge -- get everything, all expansions and all pinups for $300. That's what cost him so much. And that's why he's scared of bundle pledges.

That's an INSANE deal. Like, if I knew about KD as the KS was happening I would instantly nope out upon seeing such an irresponsible deal.
He should just bundle core + box + expacs at a $100 total discount, he should still be able to make a reasonable profit.

Wasn't he also paying shipping on everything last time?

I think that would eat into profits a lot more

I agree. But at this point he isn't certain how many expansions will be in. At the very least there will be one unplanned expansion featuring Satan, and he probably doesn't know how big or small that will be (I assume huge because its Poots, but yeah). He doesn't feel like he can accurately price a bundle like that until he himself knows all the things that will be included in it.

Well, it's not like I want a killer deal or something, it's just that all is the bundles with expansions contain stuff I don't want and don't want to pay extra for. Right now I've got the Black Friday 300 pledge. I want to throw money at him so he'll give me the expansions, but that's all I want. A shirt to rep would be nice but pinups go straight to the trash.

But he did turn a profit in general, right?

With kickstarter, it's like a pre-order. You're only ever producing to the demand.

Yeah he was. And it got bad enough he had to ask that people pay partially for shipping after everything was ready to go cause UPS was fucking him. Also had a donation thing on the pledge manager for anyone who'd be kind enough to foot the entire thing.

why though?

That was the survivor pledge. It didn't contain pinups OR expansions. What it had, was 5 kingsmen, an extra Phoenix, extra survivors, and just a metric fuckton of plastic.

>5 kingsmen

I still don't understand why.

>Satan tiers are basically an excuse to reprint everything, and while he is at it he can order more than the satans really account for and sell the surplus individually.
Anyone else hoping you can order stuff included in the Satan level in the pledge manager? Because there's a couple things in it I want, but the bulk of it I got in the last kickstarter, and I'm already sitting on a Gambler's lantern.

People wanted entire regiments of Kingsmen for display and other games. You could buy a set of 20 during the last kickstarter.

Promos generally have a small addition to the game, pinups do not.

Clearly we should design a custom encounter for fighting multiple Kingsmen at once. We know they travel in groups, after all.

Like, 4 Kingsmen models on the board. Each turn, the Monster controller draws 2 AI cards. The Monster Controller assigns the A cards to Kingsmen of his choice, another performs Basic action, and the 4th does nothing.

The Kingsmen all share a single pool of AI cards, and as their wound pile grows you slowly remove kingsmen models from the board. Every time you do, the player that triggered that wound gets immediately hit by Kings Curse mid fight.

He didn't. The original ended KS up selling at a loss. He spent all the KS money, all the resin sales, and some of his personal funds to get it produced.

After going back to check, we were both incorrect.

The pledge level I was referring to was the Herald of Death level. Heralds of Death did not get any (additional) free pinups, but it did get the Lion Knight, Manhunter and Green Knight Armor expansions for free.

So, just going back through, here's what a person could have gotten in the original KS:

Survivor Pledge: $155
>Core Game
>Twilight Knigt
>White Speaker
>Extra Phoenix
>Five extra Kingsman
>Extra Watcher
>Extra set of Rawhide Armor
>Extra set of Phoenix Armor
>Extra set of Lion Armor
>Paul the Survivor
>Aya the Survivor
>Adam the Survivor
>Anna the Survivor
>Snow the Savior
>T-Shirt of Death
>Extra Survivor Heads

Expansions:

Flower Knight: $15
Dragon King: $30
Gorm: $40
Manhunter: $20, free if you spend over $300 total
Lion Knight: $25, free if you spend over $300 total
Dung Beetle Knight: $25
Spidicules: $40
Sunstalker: $45
Lion God: $25
Green Knight Armor: Not purchaseable, free if you spend over $300 total
Slenderman: $25
Lonely Tree: $30

So basically, $430 gets you all of that shit. Plus free shipping in the states. In comparison, the $750 Ancient Gold Lantern pledge is all of that except with the Gambler's Box instead of all that extra shit in the Survivor Pledge.

Yeah, he lost money like crazy on that campaign.

updates up.

Flower Knight confirmed for reprint, but not at half off MSRP.

Ancient Gold Lantern / Satan is looking even better now.

Some more Narrative minis with tiny gear or rules packages that come with them. Flower Knight reprint.

So when are we going to see real models or 3d renders instead of just concept art?

what are the sizes of the minis? I was thinking that the narative minis might be a great alternative to D&D minis, but then i remember hearing that they are bigger than the average 22mm

The fuck are you talking about? The renders are in the update.

The tan figures in the Gamblers updates ARE renders.

Also yay gryphon hype soon

There are a lot of pinups that we have not seen anything apart of concept art yet.

Seems like poots gained a level ofbunderstanding and tries to recoup the loss he takes on the satan and gambler pledges that way. I expect more unplanned expansions and goodies to follow. He's way to excited not to.

>doing price hikes because you suddenly realized you are bleeding money
>once again show that the "boutique" product is still full of fucking typos and shit

Quickly losing faith and respect for this thing

They are bigger. 30mm bases.

KD/M uses a 30mm scale. Survivor bases are 30mm, while smaller monsters and nemesises are on larger 50mm bases.(2x2 on the grid) Other monsters can be 3x3, 4x4, or even 5x5.

You were never a true Bakcer to begin with.

Please use terminology correctly Scale isn't in regards to base size but rather miniature height. 28mm scale is "normal" and means that a ~6 ft tall human would be 28mm from head to toe.

I've heard some people say that KD:M is 32mm scale and others say it is 35mm scale. Regardless, it's definitely larger than the normal 28mm scale for 'heroic' figures.

>50584263
then walk away, fuck.

Why isn't the reprint half off like the other ones? I will probably buy it anyways, it just seems like a dumb change of course.

he realized the deals he was offering were too cheap most likely

They are 35mm, so too big for official D&D figures and most fantasy miniatures. The monsters can probably fit in though.

What are price hikes?

>Why isn't the reprint half off like the other ones? I will probably buy it anyways, it just seems like a dumb change of course.

So he doesn't go bankrupt ...again

>autism

Gambler's Chest contents:

Miniatures: 11
>Dark Eye
>Romantic Adventurer
>Screaming Hoarder
>Bow Master of Deadrock
>Bloody Sword of Deadrock
>Murderer
>Scout of Death
>Last Axeman Standing
>F. White Lion - Twilight Sword
>Sci-fi Aya
>Nightmare Adam

Philosophies: 3
>Romanticism
>Homicidal
>Ambitionism

2 Gear Cards
3 Rare Gear Cards
2 Promo Gear Cards

2 Fighting Arts
1 Secret Fighting Art
1 Advanced Fighting Art

1 Advanced Disorder

1 Settlement Event Card
1 Hunt Event Card

Boxes revealed: 13
Boxes remaining: 18

yeah it will let him hopefully make reprints without going through a massive kickstarter

People get confused and spread misinformation when you say stupid shit. So don't say stupid shit. Insisting that you know what you're talking about when you open you dumbass mouth isn't autism.

>aspergers

My hopes are a Gambler promo mini at $7,777,777 and another unplanned expansion at 10 mil.

What's this about price hikes?

The expansions have typically been half off, but with the ones he has recently put up like the Frogdog and the Flower Knight they aren't. As was said he is probably backpedaling in order to get a better profit margin.

Keep in mind that KD miniatures are also much closer to "true scale" and do not have heroic scale proportions. They'll look off next to Heroic Scale models.

But how do you know the frogdog is not half off from its retail price, it's a brand new expansion after all.

He has posted the MSRP for everything that is upcoming

Where can I read what the Dragon Emperor is like?

Fucking adorable

>MSRP

Kek, so that's what that stands for. Forgive my ignorant europoor ass.

So we are bitching about 5 dollars short on an implicit not even explicit business model...come on guys..it's almost as if people on the internet were out for drama.
It's all

While it is $10 extra for the Flower Knight, I personally don't care that much. If he went back and changed the prices for the current addons then I could understand, but he has stayed true to his word.

>it's almost as if people on the internet were out for drama
If you want drama I could mention SJWs and/or Trump. That always seems to ruin threads in a hurry.

I didn't know the new young survivor model was so fucking big.

I don't think the unplanned expansion is the Gryphon. The silhouettes don't even come close. Plus as you can see, the silhouette changed slightly from update #13 to update #16. Whatever this is, its model is still in the works.

I suppose that it could be the Gryphon with a new model, but that kinda defeats the purpose of reusing an existing monster, doesn't it?

I think it's far more likely that this is the Satan expansion being teased. Law of conservation of details and all. We know that the Satan expansion is in the works and is unplanned, and we know this expansion we're being teased on is unplanned.

"But did you see the titties on those miniatures, though? What would Trump think of THOSE?"

Also the silhouette might even just be art and not a model. Would make more sense as to how he's pulling it all together so fast. The Satan figure is supposed to be the biggest he's ever made; it beggers belief to think he'd have it ready to show in two week's time assuming he started work on it on the first day of the KS.

I might have to actually buy it if it tops the dragon. If only the new expansions didn't take 3 years to come out.

>that sheath and balls

>noticing the shaft and balls
>not the enormous penis tail that it somehow dismembering the guy

So, a quick number crunch on the Gambler's chest.

There are 21 available windows.

Christmas gift isn't going to be anything 'special' like an expansion, it will be small, more on the level of a narrative sculpt
94-95 is a double prize like the one next to it, probably two narrative sculpts again
74-84 are probably three more "fatality" narrative sculpts
44-46 is probably NOT just a narrative sculpt as it was deemed too soon to roll out.
I'll eat my hat if 00 is just a survivor narrative sculpt after the spectacular fiasco of 01.

That leaves 14 windows, one of which is the third major chapter of the Advanced rulebook (Which could be behind 44-46, but I doubt it). I'd hazard that the rest are sculpts, with 3 of them being Female Romantic and Male and Female Barbaric.

So probably 13 more "unknown" sculpts plus 6 we can guess at and 10 we have 'unlocked' for a total of 29 models in the Gambler's box in an interpretation leaning towards it being light on gameplay additions. That's a fair amount of plastic for the 100 bucks.