Dark Eldar thread

I need pictures, pictures of Commoragh!

Seriously, I want more artwork of the Dark City.
It is one of the most interesting locations of 40k and there is criminally little art depicting it.

Any other Dark Eldar art is welcome too, as is discussion about the Dark Eldar, hell, any Eldar in general. All are welcome to find their sins in the Dark City.

Gonna dump what Dark Eldar art I have.

Yep, these look like trustworthy people.

im planning on DE being my first army

How fucked i am

>dem mandrakes climbing in the pillar.

Those Mon'keigh fools are fucked.

As fucked as a cocaine overdosing naked guy charging trough a crowded mall on a scooter that is covered in razorblades.

This guy nails the look of the Dark Eldar perfectly imo.

I think that it is remarkable how close the miniatures are to the concept art.

Her expression is adorable.

Excitedly smiling at the imminent gleeful bloodletting that is about to commence.

The best kind of Dark Eldar.
People sometimes call DE "emo Eldar" but I prefer it when they're gleefully into doing horrible shit. They're largely into realspace raids for the fun, after all, and since they don't control their emotions in the same way Craftworld Eldar do, they'd tend to emotional extremes.

In other worlds, they're every hammy cartoon villain ever, except the stuff they do is genuinely horrific rather than mostly harmless.

Indeed.
The craftworlders are the doom and gloom Eldar.
Dark Eldar just want to have tons of fun.
Unfortunately, their brand of fun ain't very fun for anyone else.

I've been wanting to run a "Mean Streets of Commorragh" game for quite some time using Rogue Trader, where the players would be criminals/mercenaries in Commorragh, fighting other gangs and occasionally being hired to do jobs by the Kabals. Unfortunately I don't have the time to GM anything. Maybe if I could turn it into a one-shot I could run it as a con game next summer.

That sounds like a cool idea.
Doesn't Rogue Trader already have stats for Dark Eldar warriors?

Also lel at that picture.
Those Deldar on the background are just chilling while this fucker on the foreground just stabbed a fucker to death.

That Deldar looks like she's having the time of her life.

As she should be. This picture has inspired me to work on my own Court of the Archon. Sucks ssylth are stupid expensive if you want a few of them.

>Doesn't Rogue Trader already have stats for Dark Eldar warriors?
Yes. Wytches as well. Also Orks and Kroot, and there's a few more criminal-themed alternate career ranks for human characters, some of which can be taken at rank 1 or 2. Hence why I'd run it specifically in RT (that, and it and Black Crusade are the only 40k RPGs where I personally own most of the books). There's supposed to be a large amount of non-DE mercenaries in Commorragh, so you could feasibly have a party composed of pretty much any races (probably no psykers, though, and certain classes wouldn't really work in the whole "criminal/mercenary" context, but you could definitely have use the senechal, void-master and arch-militant).

What's better in Kill Team for a five man squad, Venoms or Raiders?

Lady Malys has Ferrus Manus' severed head.

Neither. They aren't worth it in kill teams. I'd get more dudes. If you ever wanted to own mandrakes kill teams is a good environment for them

Hrm. I already have my elite slot filled. How are reavers or hellions?

Out of experience of my use of hellions, i would not use them. They last to the second turn, tops. Maybe third if youre lucky.

Reavers are good. I haven't tried hellions because I think reavers are better in everyway.

Shit is everyone put of art already??

>human skull looks like a primarch's skull.

Those fuckers are huge and their bone structure reflects that.

Chose Dark Eldar for my first 40k army since I stopped playing 5 years ago. Thanks for the motivation. I currently have these, anything I should add?

-Archon.
-2x Kabalite warriors.
-1x Hellions.
-1x Haemonculus.
-1x Raider.
-1x Jetbikes

Scourges are friggin cool.
Ad em.

Plus they aren't bad. They are mobile and can spam some very good weapons.

god I hate that face. And I mean that face alone, because the artist seems too incompetent to come up with any other. He doesn't even change the experession. It's just just the same dull eyes and half open mouth slapped on different bodies.

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You can never go wrong with more Kabaslite warriors and Raiders.
Also, consider a Venom with Trueborn equipped with blasters.

Even worse that he puts these human faces on Eldar without any changes.