Why are Tau considered "anime"...

Why are Tau considered "anime"? I love the design but the fact that I would be associated with weeaboos and animu absolutely disgusts me and halts my investment into the race.

>Why are Tau considered "anime"?

Because the designers said they're based on Chinese cartoons about robots.

because of the mecha suits that were clearly based on gundam

1.Giant. Fucking. Robots.

2.The fact that in old art they had chinaman hats.

3.....honestly i don't think there is a three

Truth be told it's just salty faggots complaining about how they don't think they fit the setting. Also salty faggots complaining because at various times in history they have had some really cheesy stuff. Like right now with the riptide wing actually. Or so they say. Personally i've never played against a riptide wing, so i don't really know.

how the hell could you not see they're inspired by anime? Their infantry armor is like a weird xenos version of samurai armor and their robots are like every cliche anime weaboo fightan robot combined into one.

Which is a shame, because I really like their skimmers, aircraft, and infantry. They have some cool designs but you never see them because everyone just spams suits.

almost everything about their design finds it's origins in eastern culture. calling them "anime" is like calling space marines "superhero comics".

that's a bit reductionist, but yeah, gundams are well known japanese mechs.

4. No noses.

If riptides were just a little bit more expensive it would be fine. They are just too efficient in their current form. Maybe limiting them 1 to one per army would be ok too

>MFW

How have I never noticed this before

it's very similar to the trade federation in star wars

(who were also based on asian people...but in a more offensive way)

They aren't very Gundam-y, though. More Votoms. Multiple lenses, kind of bulbous at times, etc.

Although, Crisis Suits fucking fly, and AT's don't. The standard soldier in Votoms has a fucking assault rifle, and not even necessarily a flak jacket, much less plate carrier, compared to Tau, who have fancy fully enclosing armor.

Course, AT's would probably get the option to Jink, and turboboost, because of the skating thing.

>I would be associated with weeaboos and animu absolutely disgusts me and halts my investment into the race.
Why the fuck should you care ? Try behaving like a normal person instead of a living meme, and it will allow you to spot and avoid whatever retards judge you on your army instead of yourself.
Thought, you are more likely to be branded as a cheesemonger than a weaboo, but eh. You can live with that, I haven't stopped playing eldar just because of the 6ed codex.

Psh, it's like you don't watch anime. See this guy? a splitting image of your picture, OP. What a fucking faggot, can't see how his soldiers are indistinguishable from gundam characters.

Seriously, OP, there is no logic. People are just fucking retarded.

How are the Neimoidians offensive? They just have exaggerated Japanese accents.

I like them specifically because they are different, they add some contrast to the big baroque boxes everyone seems to use

Everyone wants to be offended for someone else in this new era of political correctness.

they are physically weak, cowardly, and profit obsessed. they embody a very negative stereotype of asian peoples.

Should white people be offended by Paul Blart? Should characters with negative traits stop existing?

this. fucking shit. we don't need any more flavors of space marine.

before they added tyranids, necrons, and tau it was just a big old fucking shoulder-pad orgy.

If they were speaking Yiddish I'd agree with you, but those traits aren't stereotypically associated with the Japanese. If anything they are stereotypically portrayed as incredibly honourable.

Hey, at least they fared better than Jews.

Everyone with a pulse in their veins and a brain in their head should be offended by Paul Blart.

>Should white people be offended by Paul Blart?
white people are 90% of characters in all movies and tv shows. white people get to choose which character to see as representative of their race.

YOU MAYBE ROLLA DA CHANCE CUBE??

more than anything george lucas is just very lacking in originality.

White people are 90% of characters in media in countries where they are 90% of the population. Indian movies feature 90% indians, same goes for movies made in africa or japan or germany.

In fact, minorities are overepresented in american media when compared to how much of the population they actually compose.

>60% white

>mfw watching all these white people argue about what portrayal of Asians is offensive or not

Who the fuck are you honkeys kidding, you don't give a shit about Asians.

>White people are 90% of characters in media in countries where they are 90% of the population.

It's weird though cause the places the movies are actually produced are where whites are barely a majority. Places like the West Coast and Hollywood have a ton of minorities, but maybe the big wigs are thinking about selling to America as a whole.

you think white people are 90% of the population in the united states?

>Try behaving like a normal person instead of a living meme

Real sad that most people have this mindset and aren't self-aware of it.

Let him dream user, let him dream.

for every ten people in a move:
More than two are black.
More than two are hispanics
More than one is Asian
Maybe one is of actual white ancestry.
The rest are primarily Jews and Italians.

Modern movie casts are consistent with demographics, except for the lack of white people. (Jews and Italians are not "white people")

>More than two are black.
>More than two are hispanics
>More than one is Asian

You counting background characters or what?

>doesn't count jews and italians as being caucasian
oh i thought i was talking to an adult...nevermind

I defy you to find me a movie that isn't about kung fu triad gangsters or some shit that has more than two asians in a speaking role AND three+ latinos AND 3+ blacks. It doesn't fucking exist. You're lucky to have a movie with even ONE asian dude with more than a token line, or a movie with more than one token black to die first, or multiple hispanics in a movie about whites.

lawl go back to /pol/

I wish they didn't try to pretend.

they also make great foils to the hopeless dreariness of everyone
it is actually nice to see some people who see just how messed up the universe is, but not succumb to despair
they are the small, young, fast, efficient counterpart to the huge, old, sluggish, inefficient imperium
i also dont get why people call them too noblebright, there is no shortage of cartoonish supervillians, and half the joke is that they are unironically better than the imperium, when they would be the main villain in any other setting

Literally this.

Jews belong to the same group as western asians, arabs and north africans. Italians are moors.

i'm not the guy you are responding to and i 100% agree with you but...the fast and the furious series is actually shockingly multi-ethnic for a big budget series and very low-key about it. the main character (paul walker) is/was the only real white guy in the series and he is by far the most boring character.

all of that is, of course, undercut by the simple fact that people don't seem to think of the rock or vin diesel as being ethnic.

Literally this.

2 blacks spread over 3 people! Progress!

>vin diesel
>ethnic

Nigga it's called white cause their skin is white

>rock
>not ethnic

Nigga he's in Moana.

Vin Diesel is pretty based though.

The fact that YOU associate asians with those features makes me question who is the one being offensive.

None of those are associated with Japan or East Asia except maybe physical weakness (and the actual stereotype is them being karate manlets, not weak).

>pointing out offensive stereotypes makes you racist
look dude i'm not the first person to point this shit out. just google "racist stereotypes in star wars" and i'm sure you will find something that explains it all to you.

if you don't want to believe that racism exists you don't have to. i'm just calling it like i see it.

>Tau aren't anime
>white people aren't white

This thread, man...

15% blacks, 15% hispanics, like 10% divided among everyone else.

Three blacks and a hispanic in a nine people cast. It's about as representative as it can get. And technically, two of those white guys are tertiary characters and a third a secondary.

>crops out 3 white guys

Are you retarded?

Candice Patton isn't even 100% black you moron.

Keiynan is also half white. It's fucking obvious just from first glance.

>Italians are moors

this aint /int/ bro

nobody in the world is 100% black. the idea that any race is independent and pure of other races is a very small minded concept. humans have been fucking the shit out of each other for a really long time, in addition to being all descended from the same group of people, who themselves fucked the shit out of neaderthals. the obsession with racial purity and finding ways to simplistically divide all humans into categories is a fruitless pass time of stupid people.

>caring about being judged
>judging weeaboos
>being a miniature fag

Because two are tertiary characters and the third is a secondary character that appears for like ten minutes an episode on the latest season only. The crop is to place emphasis on the actual main cast that has remained consistent since the beginning.

The Tau are distinctly western in design, regardless of what elements they borrow from eastern culture. From the boxy 80's appearance to the operating operator aesthetic. They are heavily lacking in everything that is considered "anime" about anime. Like, show some fucking tau to an anime obsessed weaboo that has never seen warhammer and he will dismiss it as western shit from how western they are.

This is hands down my favorite thing about the "lmao tau weeaboo" meme. The Tau are 50/50 Battletech and Communist China stereotypes. Meanwhile, you've got the Eldar who run around with super ninjas, literal EVAs, and guns that shoot shuriken, yet they are never called the weeaboo faction.

It's absolutely true.

you mean jews 2000 fucking years ago. And ashkenazes, who are actually arab, but also jews, like copts are arabs, but christian

and italian are as caucasian as most people in europe. Maybe spanish and portuguese have some moor blood in them compared to the rest of europe.

the reality is that modern anime is a japanese attempt to copy western cartoons. so anime is western in origin to begin with.

And every book that exists is just trying to copy Mesopotamian literature, right?

>literally have appleseed bunny antennas and camera eyes everywhere
>IT'S WESTERN GAIZ

I thought the Tau with their shitty caste system were actually INDIANS IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

google "mecha"

Next you will say that the 80's pontiac trans am is a very japanese car design due to sharing the hood curvature of the 70's corolla.

Some designs are simply extremely western in appearance despite borrowing eastern elements.

This is dumb. As in so dumb. So all nations states are simply copying of the civilizations abounding in the Mesopotamian literature?

For that matter since the use of rough 'tools' probably originates somewhere along the African Coast all human 'tool use' is just copying Africans?

Because the creators explicitly said manga and anime was an influence on their design. As someone else pointed out, Appleseed was a big influence, for instance.

Why do you care if its anime influenced? It's not like anime is the worst thing ever.

He's not wrong, you know. Anime was hugely influenced by Disney's designs.

the worst ever would be FATAL
and that is american i believe

They're lacking the new stuff that makes anime shit yes. If you compared tau to what was anime at the time though (all robots all the time) and the fact that the fucking CREATORS OF THE TAU even admit they're influenced by anime, you'd see that. Seriously read . Tau were brought in with an anime influence because it was a fresh and different design, and it is a great contrast to the Imperium, to show that yes, what we see as modern and "sensible" tech is still possible, it's just that the Imperium is too backwards and superstitious or as some would say, smart to embrace it.

There's not even anything wrong with it either, why is everybody so against them being anime influenced?

They make a good contrast race and it just makes it all the more delicious when my guardsmen wipe the floor with their super fancy tech using WWII tactics and pray to their guns for daily maintenance. Plus they just look good on the table with a nice clean paintjob as their slick designs are a nice break from all the cluttered and busy designs GW puts out for factions in the Imperium, Chaos, and orks.

Chinese.

Fucking hell people, learn asians.

Kyuzo are japanese.

Are you some kind of retard who has never actually read any Tau fluff? The Tau are guilty of genocide/speciocide, sterilization, and slavery.

North Korea has the strangest approach to minority actors. They just kidnapped 4 American GIs and made them play almost every "western devil" in the entire film industry for decades.

>I love the design but the fact that I would be associated with weeaboos and animu absolutely disgusts me and halts my investment into the race.

That's quite possibly one of the most pathetic things I've ever read.

Cowardly, yellow skinned, slit eyed, deceptive, hard accented merchants.

>Race of dark skinned, hairy, brunettes
>White
kek
Fuck off kike.

>genocide/speciocide

Only against races that have no hope of joining the Tau. The Apoc reloaded book says it it bold letters "Assimilation, Not Extermination".

>sterilization

Not canon, that's speculation from in-verse character and even he said it might be from the single gender reeducation . The Tau in 6th ED and 7th ED are in a desperate need for manpower to the point that they are invading Hive Worlds and funnelling the human population deeper into their empire into their core worlds to act as a workng and fighting force to post Tau economy.

>slavery

Most depiction of humans in the Tau Empire shows they are quite happy living there. So what slavery?

It's a little bit more based on Macross/Robotech and Votoms than Gundam really.

>The fact that in old art they had chinaman hats

Is this for real? Are there any models with these hats because I would play the fuck out of them.

No.

Just art.

Ahhhh man what a shame.

>3.....honestly i don't think there is a three
the fire warriors are straight up sci-fi nip arquebusiers, but that's not really something a weeb would really pick up on

BUT HOW WILL POOR BROKE GW SELL PLASTIC MINIATURES TO ADULTS YOU FOOL

>Only against races that have no hope of joining the Tau. The Apoc reloaded book says it it bold letters "Assimilation, Not Extermination".
The first Codex of the Tau with their first fluff had them exterminating an entire population of humans for refusing to leave their homes.

>Not canon
Not declared a heretic tome, so perfectly canon like everything in 40k.

>Most depiction of humans in the Tau Empire shows they are quite happy living there. So what slavery?
The subordinate castes themselves are slaves to the Ethereals, hence Farsight smelling the coffee and getting the fuck out of dodge. On top of that they've also enslaved xenos auxiliaries like the Vespids, and-

>The Tau in 6th ED and 7th ED are in a desperate need for manpower to the point that they are invading Hive Worlds and funnelling the human population deeper into their empire into their core worlds to act as a workng and fighting force to post Tau economy.
Read nigga read.

Not to mention that GW's entire point for creating the Tau, besides to make a quick buck off weebs, was to show that nothing bright or good can exist in 40k, and showcase the Tau Empire's slip into corruption and degeneracy.

Not too far from the truth if they were based on Chinese.

Seriously fuck the Chinese, bunch of shifty, lying bastards. You just have to look at their steel industry to see what type of cheats they are.

What's that joke about the 2013 Czech presidential elections that had a bunch of different ethnicities running for it including a Japanese dude?

>The Tau had claimed this world as their own. Its use had been decided, its first colonists already allocated from members of the Fio caste. It was as indisputable as a sunrise. The Gue'la already had an outpost on this world and Kais was in the process of removing them. The Ethereals had decreed this but, with typical Gue'la stubbornness, they had refused to bow to the inevitable. - Codex: Tau (2001), pg. 3
Shadowsun killed also killed seven billion people by burning a hive city to ash, civilians and all. Tau aren't good guys by any fucking measure unless you're some commie loving shitbag guzzling PRC kool-aid.

>The first Codex of the Tau with their first fluff had them exterminating an entire population of humans for refusing to leave their homes.

I don't recall that at all and I have the codex. Cite the page and location so I can check it.

>Not declared a heretic tome, so perfectly canon like everything in 40k.

Not canon because it's a non-canonical ending and it's just speculation.

>The subordinate castes themselves are slaves to the Ethereals, hence Farsight smelling the coffee and getting the fuck out of dodge. On top of that they've also enslaved xenos auxiliaries like the Vespids, and-

The Tau are not any more slaves than the Eldar or humans. They just have a strict society.

>hence Farsight smelling the coffee and getting the fuck out of dodge.

Farsight main issue was the Ethereals hiding the existence of Chaos. He didn't leave the Tau Empire because of "slavery", but because what he knew must not come out for the wider Tau.

>Read nigga read.

They are not eslaved. Like I said, they are quite happy and they have social support programs that educates and ensure their wellbeing. They are doing much better than when they were on hive worlds/Imperial worlds.

Alright ball on your court. Start moving.

>Shadowsun killed also killed seven billion people by burning a hive city to ash, civilians and all.

Notice that the Tau didn't nuke the rest of the Hive cities and even made attempts to protect the fleeing human civilians from their own side's bombing.

The problem with that one hive world was that it was being shielded by an advance form of shielding that prevented the Tau from invading the conventional way like they did with the rest of the hive cities. The problem exacerbated when city acted as a major point of Imperial opposition on the planet and its many cannons and artillery were wreaking havoc on the Tau forces on the ground preventing them from advancing further with their liberation of the world. The only way the world was to fall to the Tau was for that city to be removed and only way to do it was shoot it with a giant fusion cannon to negate the shield. Sure the city populace died but the Imperials gave the Tau no choice.

It's collateral damage. Regrettable but this is war.

Also I should post the "Israel vs Palestine" image. If you don't want your civs hurt don't put them where they can be hurt. Don't use them as shields!

>Shadowsun

And she saved a human child life later on. She doesn

She doesn't hate humanity*

Ah..found the cartoon.

Now someone with a talent needs to edit it.

To be completely fair, where the fuck would an entire hive of civilians go? thats like blaming the nazi's for all the raping the Soviets did during the taking of Berlin..

>Don't use them as shields!
They didn't. They used the giant energy barrier, long range cannons and thick hive walls as shields to protect the civilian populace from a genocidal alien invader.

you've lost your touch, TIDF

>but they felt bad about it! There was no other choice!
invaders don't get to play that card

Bad Gue'la! Watercast, shut it down!

this guy really wants the tau be grimdark race #100, instead of anything that stands out

and the fluff is so big and open to interpretation, that you can support any possible claim

Fucking (((Ethereals)))

have you tired not being such a faggot? and just, y'know collect what you like

>building military installations in civilian structural areas
>not expecting the enemy to retaliate
>expecting the enemy just to lay down and take it

The Imperials gave the Tau no avenue to save the civilian lives. IIRC, the Tau gave the Imperials in the city advanced warning before the firing commenced. So what happened next is on the hands of the Imperials who refused to surrender.

The Tau could have surrendered and stop expanding into imperial held space.