Which SCP entries contain some gameable ideas that are worth adding to a fantasy campaign in order to spice it up?

Which SCP entries contain some gameable ideas that are worth adding to a fantasy campaign in order to spice it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-098
scp-wiki.net/scp-408
scp-wiki.net/scp-217
scp-wiki.net/scp-111
scp-wiki.net/scp-189
scp-wiki.net/reddawn
scp-wiki.net/scp-106
scp-wiki.net/scp-354
scp-wiki.net/scp-055
scp-wiki.net/scp-361
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not sure how you would implement it but 173 is always a classic and a creepy one.

None. SCP a shit.

Your opinion is a shit.

SCP-93. Either exactly as it is or just the premise.

>Players work for a secret organization that discovered a portal to another world
>Other world resembles Earth but is fucked beyond belief from some sort of unclear apocalypse
>No survivors to be found, only unimaginable horrors lurking in the empty cities and abandoned countrysides
>Players are sent to retrieve information about the apocalypse and recover any useful technology the parallel world might

I made up a list once a couple of years ago...but it never went anywhere...

gimme a sec I'll see if I can find it.

049 would be easy to incorporate, but it would basically be a slightly creepier necromancer.

The one with the stones and the mirrors would make for a cool one, I think.

I've always been up for running a game based on SCP, but can never decide: should I run it as Delta Green with the players being soldiers having to go and fetch these things when they escape/new ones are found

OR

have a bunch of street or global level civillians find just one, run it unknown armies and have average guys with no knowledge about these things try to exploit one/keep it hidden

005 as an enchanted item
>its a key that unlocks any type of lock
>remote controlled collars that can warp the victims body to the commands of the controller
021 skin wyrm
>transferable living tattoo that eats pigments from the skin, increases agression, strength, stamina, dexterity, etc.
023 black shuck
>very dangerous encounter if looked in the eyes, good luck finding safety
060 infernal occult skeletons
>a very good idea for a cursed object that could cause a runaway reaction
070 Iron Wings
>a good encounter for low levels because the threat is clear and simple
088 Lizzard King
>IIRC; use with care
098 Surgeon Crabs
>little horrifying crab swarm with skill in vocal deception and scalpel blades instead of claws; eats it prey live over the course of several days
122 No More Monsters
>seems to have changed since I've listed it
>goes without saying, TPK kind of danger here
274 Graffitio
>sentient, people eating, contagious, Graffiti monsters...that can produce minions to further it's spread
280 eyes in the dark
>most intense game of flashlight tag you've ever played, lose and the creature tears you to shreds
323 Wendigo skull
>don't put it on, it turns you into a wendigo
352 Baba Yaga
>a fine variation on the "cursed forest" can be made of this creature
511 Basement cat
>colonies of hive-minded violent cats anyone? this causes them and spontaneously generates
542 Herr Chirurg
>the surgeon that works on himself installing things extracted from others with a powerful medical-tool based fighting style,
594 Electric sheep
>a fun encounter unless you fear lightning-bolts
635 medieval bootstrap program
>self reproducing auto-golems anyone?
638 the roaring one
>careful or you'll end up in a magical realm
803 Predatory Parasols
>a swarm

the second form of that sounds like the MOST INTENSE warehouse-13 game...I like it.

I went with "one of them caused an societal breakdown or mild apocalypse, now they're all free or semi-free to wreak havoc"

surgeon crabs: scp-wiki.net/scp-098
illusory butterflies: scp-wiki.net/scp-408
the clockwork virus: scp-wiki.net/scp-217
dragon-snails™: scp-wiki.net/scp-111
hair-imitating parasites: scp-wiki.net/scp-189

any of these would be workable in just about any setting.

SCP-507 would be a reasonable basis for a campaign. You're all perfectly ordinary people, but every two weeks or so you teleport to a parallel reality. Your only objective? Survive.

Sounds a bit like sliders to me. Would totally be up for a sliders based game

>Pure autism
>"Spice"

>You can't like what I don't like !

844 Crybaby
>small collection of animate bone-shards and gristle that lures people with the sound of crying babies before killing them for sustenance good low-level encounter
895 the Gentleman's lash
>a gun, you shoot something alive with it. no damage is done and no bullet fired; but all the pain is experienced

>they seem to have taken out the trench-spiders
>damn

that all the hostiles in the first 1000
on to locations

015 the Pipe Nightmare
>frightening encounter good haunted place
110 the subterranean city
>a location you could spend whole Campaigns exploring if you populate it with stuff correctly
143 Bladewood Grove
>a pretty good thing for all kinds of games(and my personal favorite SCP)
183 Weaver
>invisible spider, it strings up razor-floss webs and eats the chunky salsa that gets left behind; also plucks webbing like a harp sounds enchanting.
355 Serrated Lawn
>keep off the grass
440 Sand Based Ecology
>good if you can get it in a contained sort of area
464 the Foundry
>a complete People-making factory...
470 the Nexus of abandoned places
>like it says on the tin; careful where you walk.
628 the Flute Copse
>anomalous trees that sing in the wind, song causes hallucinations, fear, paranoia, etc...
667 Fairy Kudzu
>kudzu Green is PEOPLE
822 Landmine Cacti
>watch where you step
899 Lost children
>when they touch children the vanish...where did they go?

>this concludes my list of location-based phenomena I thought would be cool for a game through to entry 999
on to ITEMS 001-999

quit being a poopy-guts

Not interested in SCP-823? I guess it is a little overdone nowadays.

063 Worlds best toth brush
>scrubs away the mess on your teeth...
109 infinite canteen
>the water does you good
244 Ice Fog Jar
>cool doodad with a side order of entropy monster
262 coat of many arms
>puns are fun guys, careful of the quirk
272 an old iron nail
>great for imprisoning things that are otherwise hard to catch
294 the coffee machine
>phrasing is important
324 the eulogy shrub
>a nice thing for the fallen
344 Shrodingers can opener
>beware of angry tuna
437 woodcutters ax
>incompetent axe murderers anyone?
504 Critical tomatoes
>for punishing the cut-ups in the party
531 Paired Brass guard cats
>another nifty item set that works in lots of settings
540 Tannenbombs
>rapid reforestation anyone?
572 Katan of invincibility
>for making a joke encounter
578 the Blood Opals
>kind of neat and a little macabre
585 the Sharpeners
>great for that thrown weapons expert to play with
644 got changed
649 matchbox full of winter
>it gives you the chills
989 self defense sugar
>a pretty nifty escape system

>items listing concluded
on to non or semi hostile entities

wasnt an entry when I made my list or changed from something less interesting since I made the list.

I made this as a list of things that I thought my available players could survive being terminally stupid around.

445 an 1165 have potential, as does 201 to a lesser degree. But then I'm a sucker for empty world settings.

>it happens enough that they have to make a sign for "do not follow the little girl"

You never, ever, ever follow little girls in this line of work. Tranquilizers first, questions later. That's training course day one. What's wrong with them?

011 sentient civil war statue
>and his girlfriend the park custodian
030 the homunculus
>he just wants to help
039 Proboscis engineers
>tech support anyone
049 plague Doctor
>jovial if not quite harmless IIRC
172 gear man
>friendly and quirky friend
191 cyborg child
>sad nightmare-fuel little girl
203 tortured Iron soul
>friendly unless provoked
275 Iron Skin
>a pleasant Muslim lady
326 a Chinese peasant
>fun if you have a doctor nearby...when did they change the skeleton material in the entry?
550 the Ghul
>it's good for keeping the dungeons clean
670 the family of cotton
>a fine example of epic-level knitting/crochet/macrame
760 the groomers
>take a nap and wake up clean, sounds good to me
848 multidimensional spiderwebs
>they catch the strangest things
912 autonomous swat armor
>just don't get arrested

I have others up to 1667 but those were all of my "nifty entries up to 999"
list may be out of date

that sign might even be a meta-joke among the SCP teams. much like the "Donald Trump" gesture my friends have for games of charades. you mght use it once in your life ever, but when you do it's massively useful

scp-wiki.net/reddawn

>they look like dogs

in this setting....shit just gets wierd

I love the SCP universe, I just don't get why the serpent's hand has a hobo symbol specifically for 'they look like dogs', would it not make sense for that symbol to have a more broad meaning?

Just read all the experiments. That kind of thing needs to be interpreted as a movie.

perhaps the "looks like" symbol is the horizontal line incorporated into a regular hobo symbol

That's one logical response. The other logical response is "this comes up often enough that they have a special symbol just for it."

Did you find it?

>ctrf+F
>mono
>7 results

yes I did and I posted as many relevant entries as I could
...I might go back through it and update it to include the 1000-1999 entries that work for games

Oops, I'm a fucking moron. Should have read the thread before posting.

But yeah, a list of all the ones that are suitable for game purposes would be fucking fantastic

>Everything about something is terrible
>Everything about something is amazing
>If you like ___ you're a ___
>If you don't like ___ you're a ___
>If you like something I don't like [Ad Hominem]
These sentiments are signs of a shitty person. Improve yourself, user. The board needs less shitpost

the listed ones aren't ALL the game ready ones

it's all the ones I thought would be fun in a post-apocalyptic game as encounters or NPCs

and apparently they added and changed a bunch of shit since I read them all before

>they didn't also have a "Do not follow the little girl" sign

these are just samples of the runes in use by the different sides...

They all know not to follow the little girl.

and the SCP foundation might have a care for helping others, even little girls...

Tbh GOC seems to have far better approach to dealing with weird shit than Foundation.
>inb4 muh traumatized ex-chair

It's a bad idea to smash shit you don't understand. Imagine what would happen if someone broke SCP-2700? Or, for that matter, neutralized it, then found out they could toss it into SCP-2317 and detonate it without the wave reentering this universe?

>fired on sentient sailboat couple that were just acting like newlyweds on honeymoon, sightseeing the world without bothering anyone
>this resulted in the sinking of a state-of-the-art military vessel when sinking one of the boats sent the other into a rage
"Shoot first, ask questions later" is an appropriate response if there is a clear and present danger, but causes too much collateral damage when implemented just because a thing exists.

The delete article button.

>symbols have been compromised
Welp, time to break out the mnestics. Shame we don't have an antimemetics division, and never did.

CAUTION

Memetic kill agents (parrot, godbox-basilisk, trinitarian) active bel͞o͡w this post. Unauthorised users are advised to ąbando͟n thread immediately.

CAƯTI̷O͝N͏

SCP-087 is an unlit platform staircase. Stairs descend on a 38 degree angle for 13 steps before
reaching a semicircular platform of approximately 3 meters in diameter. Descent direction rotates
180 degrees at each platform. The design limits an explorer's visual range. There are no lighting fixtures
or windows present. Lighting sources brighter than 75 watts have shown to be ineffective, as SCP-087 seems to absorb excess light.

The depth of descent is known to be far beyond both the possible structure of both the building and geological surroundings.
It is unknown if SCP-087 has an endpoint.

SCP-420-J
SCP-006-J
SCP-007-J

> unlimited temperature-regulated interior space

Subdivide it endlessly and rent it out as economy apartments.

087 and 055 are the only good SCPs. 093 spooked the shit out of me when I first read it, but going back to it as someone who is not fourteen I was disappointed,

>unlimited HAUNTED temperature-regulated interior space.

SCP-1147 is an unclassified species of plum tree whose seeds, designated SCP-1147-1, can be planted in practically any substance. The resulting plant will adopt physical attributes from the utilized substance. SCP-1147 has proven capable of growing in solids, loose material, and liquids via hydroponics. SCP-1147 produces fruit, designated SCP-1147-2.

The original specimen of SCP-1147 was discovered growing from the steel base of a lamp post in ████ ██████, Georgia, where it was believed to be an art installation by the local population.

oh lordy C4 trees

>Dr. Pavel, I'm SCP Foundation

I still find this one pretty creepy desu
scp-wiki.net/scp-106

I'd include a vending machine that spits out snacks from other universes in any game if I could. That thing is fun as hell.

True. But, in-universe, they try really hard to make it look wrong or whatever when really, you should be understanding most of these things in an attempt to blow them the fuck up.

Most of the things don't even have a use other than weaponizing them by tossing them at someone you want dead. And that level of weaponization is more like releasing exploding mine dogs. Very likely they will crawl under your own tanks.

GOC are brain dead cavemen who just smash shit

Have you read the GOC seminar on type blues and thaumaturgy?

Makes me miss the days of Veeky Forums /x/ crossovers being a semi-common thing.

Mostly the "spooky shit that's happened to you" threads which always ended up being a mix of real and fictional things.

SCP has some good concepts (and some good examples of what not to do).

>t. Skubfag

They're really not. They actually have mages and cyborgs in their ranks and have treaties with stuff with the fey and other non-human entities. It's just that when they do deem something a threat they destroy it without mercy.

last I saw they shoot that shit on sight

Nope. Read some of the writefaggotry on the scp site about them. They use plenty of anomalous stuff when they work. They just use the loophole that magic is a form of science so it's ok to use.

They also have the Vatican as part of their ranks, so they have to accept a certain amount of weird stuff as divine miracles.

I don't mind some spooks, as long as there's a working oven. They can't be worse neighbours than the current ones.
>unless it's the ghost that leaves dirty dishes in your sink

Bump

>Symbols have been compromised
>Do not be taken alive
Genuinely unnerving just to read these couple of symbols
Too bad the majority of SCP is so dumb.

SCP-1859 could be the subject of a campaign on its own.

Heck the whole Mekhane and Sarkicism conflict would be a pretty great campaign with some side games in the same world to flesh things out.

> flesh things out

>Too bad the majority of SCP is so dumb.
it has a good core.
which a lot of the community has shit all over.
but a good core can still ride through the shit for something awesome from time to time.

The symbols have been compromised one must be the scariest one to ever find.
Imagine finding ones akin to "Safe place to rest", "Stay in the light" and "Room clear", only to further down see that the symbols have been compromised.

This is why I think that a game run about being on one recon team/strike force from the Foundation could be so amazing if done properly.

Spooky

That'd pretty much be the only way to run a typical campaign in the SCP setting unless you were doing something like Containment Breach as a one shot.

>Are we cool yet?

>Pure autism
>On Veeky Forums
Surely you jest, user? Someone on an anonymous mongolian yacht enthusiast imageboard enjoying a different form of autism to you? Impossible!

I don't understand why nobody ever proposes roleplaying the research side of the SCP Foundation, or the security side, or even the administrative side. Is it down to the fact that most people want combat-heavy campaigns?

The comparison to Delta Green is also somewhat questionable. The organizations are very different; the Foundation's resources are vast and Delta Green's are not. Delta Green's opposition is generally organized and actively malicious, whereas SCPs are more often bizarre enigmas, with threat levels ranging from "weird but harmless" to "intrinsically inimical to the universe as we know it." In Delta Green, the universe still makes some kind of sense, even if it's the kind of sense that eventually drives you insane; in the world of the SCP Foundation, the world does not make any sense and quite possibly never will. The two have wildly different tones, which is why one has Giraffe Hell and the other has occult Nazis. Admittedly, there are a lot of similarities between a Delta Green cell and an MTF.

I legitimately wasn't trying to do that.

Yeah, a strike team focusing on one or a few related skips could make for a pretty fun game. I think the problem would be trying to fit in every SCP. That just gets ridiculous. Especially with things like 2000 and 001 thrown into the mix. Too many "world ending" threats and somehow our rooty toot ragtag band of scientists and agents throw billions of Class D personnel at them and life goes on as normal for everyone else. Even Containment Breech limited itself to having ones that are pretty much just "kill a bunch of people in a single area" type stuff rather than doomsday machines.

I've been pondering how to best implement 1471-A. Reading between the lines of the entry the app sounded like a way to spread a memetic component necessary to perceive the entity. The bit where the entity trys to visually communicate Makes it particularly useful in my mind. I plan to play on that and introduce it as a benign stalker the party encounters by "chance" during an investigative modern world game. The entity, Mal0, is a memetic cognito hazard. Awareness of it via a visual medium grants it perception of the observer. Normally it exists in a state of uncertainty, not emotionally but physically. The act of being observed changes that, causing it to manifest. Drawing from the entry it seems Mal0 is shy and socially awkward, yet clearly craves interaction, a friend. But its unsettling appearence as well as lack of means to properly communicate with humans causes issues in that regard. This leads it to stalk and lurk within the pariferal of the vision, enjoying the stability of being observed without agitating the observer, until it feels ready to make contact. Thus anyone, ie the party, who attempts to communicate back will gain it's more focused attention, becoming a safe place where it can be certain without hiding. I plan to let the party teach it as they interact, likely via notes and such as it cant speak. It will leave them gifts that make little sense using what it knows of them from observation. It will understand basic things to start with but not the underlying subtleties. Ie humans put things in their mouths to sustain themselves but doesn't get what separates food from not food. It will also defend it's "friends" with extreme violence but only in the most dire of situations, as it has a poor understanding of what "breaks" a human. The aftermath will be bloody as hell but leave no body, only inorganic things that were on/in the body.

My only problem with SCP entries is it seems like a number of them get a little too thick with the (REDACTED) (DATA EXPUNGED) and blacked out text. There is a certain point where it detracts from the article rather than adds to it.

The writing community crack down on overuse of that pretty harshly though - if it doesn't have a good effect, either it gets down voted to oblivion or its about to. The good stuff (generally) handles expungements well.

Always 999.

I've always thought that running an MTF campaign would probably be one of the harder ways to run a campaign. I'd prefer to have a typical "motley crew" game, where someone's the ass kicker, someone's the scientist, someone's the bureacrat, etc.

>which is why one has Giraffe Hell and the other has occult Nazis.
Ok, I give up, which one is which? I used to be really into SCP, but I never followed Delta Green.

>unlimited HAUNTED temperature-regulated interior space.

So... what you're saying is, rent will be a steal?

>So... what you're saying is, rent will be a steal?
He's saying the place is inhabited by ghosts user, not black people

SCP: When reading Goosebumps is just too scary and suspenseful.

Ironically one of my personal best SCP's has absolutely no description and is just Containment data. That and whoever worked on the gif for the "coffin that makes you see weird shit if you are looking through a camera" Skip

I like this idea.

i like that picture good job

Had an idea to incorporate 354 into a Shadowrun game, though I haven't totally fleshed out how.
scp-wiki.net/scp-354

General idea is they follow leads to a secret corporate facility and make their way deeper and deeper inside where they eventually end up at the blood pond itself, where I'd have it spawn a bunch of crazy magical creatures they would have to fight off and likely eventually flee from.

I have the most shameful boner right now.

Which one, out of curiosity? The first one that comes to mind is SCP-2317, but that one's kind of a basic "you're fucked, bend over and bite the pillow" planet-eating monster.

I love how these range from perfectly mundane and harmless occurences to balls-to-the-wall doctor who shit.

>harmless occurences
...they're hazard warning signs man...
they are by definition, not harmless.

>balls-to-the-wall doctor who shit.
it's what makes the SCP universe delightfully dangerous.

This one?

scp-wiki.net/scp-055

It's all relative.

Getting your foot eaten by a predatory land sponge that imitates carpet is pretty fucking horrific. Compared to

scp-wiki.net/scp-106

and more fucked up things it's probably not that bad.

Roger that, I'll keep an eye out for dangerous higgs boson particles.
Wouldn't want to see any quantum entanglement in the space around me either.

indeed we wouldn't want anyone spaghettified again...that was a mess and a half to clean up

I would take 106 over the carpet any day of the week!

Each to their own.

Personally I would prefer knowing that I am "merely" about to die because I'm being killed by a normal-ish biological animal over some unknown fate that may be worse then simple death as the soul is potentially stripped away to be tortured for all eternity and well beyond the point where you would wish for the release of death.

Of course I would much more prefer that there were health and safety signs telling you how not to fuck up too much.

scp-wiki.net/scp-361

user friendly demon summoning