How to add a halo to a character without being a special snowflake?

How to add a halo to a character without being a special snowflake?

Play aasimar. Done.

Make it a dick halo. That way, it's out of sight until the dramatic reveal.

Make the halos out of metal instead of light.

Everyone has halos.

Or this, it's equipment and not anatomy. Actually a cleric or paladin wearing a gold halo would be pretty bitching.

>not an iron halo
Are you even trying?

The halo actually fits your character's backstory and isn't overpowered.

>Overpowered
What does a halo actually DO?

It's broken, and they're goal is to get it restored.

Faintly glowing ioun stone spinning really really fast.

Lawful good or system equivalent character.

>angels are beings of pure, innocent goodness
>really gullible innocence

If you're a sneaky enough liar, you can convince an angel that it's TOTALLY IMPORTANT that he gives you his halo. This is uncommon enough that gullible normal people might believe that you got the halo from being an incredibly holy person, but that non-gullible people would know that most people with halos are incredibly deceitful people.

I'd probably go the dragon ball route and have it be that if said person has a halo it means that they're dead

It makes you shunned and not without good reason.

It denotes you as angelic.

Whilst you are, for the most part, a nice happy person that can knit torn flesh and fix broken bones with a touch among other thing it means that you do the will of your god.

You have no option in this. Actually that's not true. You could disobey any time you want. You just don't want to. You have been told that this is because you are built from the ground up to not want to. You know this is probably true but you don't care. You are reasonably sure you were built not to care but you aren't bothered by that fact.

Point it is you aren't totally an individual. You are the will of your creator with free time.

Sometimes your creator demands terrible things.

There are towns no longer on the map because of being with halos.

People know this.

It's just the way things are.

I hate to ask, but why would having a halo make you a special snowflake in a fantasy setting? Which setting are you using?

Empowers your other powers and/or abilities.

It could be just a form of magic associated with a particularly well known organization that's lawful good or aligned with standard religious dogma. It that sense, it's like a uniform or badge.

Define what you mean by halo.

A literal floating ring above your head? You're a wizard, it's just a floating circlet. Or if you want something a bit different in the 'equipment as halo' department, see , .

An aura of holy light about the head? You're a cleric, paladin, or other holy man. You have holy light. Done.

Or maybe just be an illusionist and make it look like you have a ring above your head. That works too.

Halos are just an artistic flourish to show that 'hey, this particular motherfucker is holy' in paintings and shit. If you actually want some kind of metaphysical golden ring above your head, you best be in a setting where floating golden rings are actually a thing - something like Dragonball as per .

Actually act saintly.

>>this is what people who end in hell actually believe

Work hard to deserve it.

That's the whole fucking point, damn it.

Kill all sentient life in the universe.

> Implying Aasimars aren't the epitome of special snowflake

Build one as an artificer.

Play Deathwatch, acquire Iron Halo at some point.

Ehh.

The halo itself is the character, whatever form is under it is an illusion created in order to interact with others.

Have them die and go to heaven

user, have you, by influence of some malign force or perhaps a cruel twist of fate, not seen the best angel?
Do you not know the glory of piru pipiru piru pipipi rupi?

As with every other feature, you don't. You make a good character and then it ends up with a halo because it fits well. You don't start with a halo for no raisin and then build a good character under it.

>This obvious symbol means I'm human but not and nice and happy and have powers but also sometimes go all dark and wipe out entire villages but it's not my fault so everyone fears me for being so special
Sounds pretty snowflake to me desu

you earned it somehow, even if it was for something mundane like slaying an owlbear that beset your village when you were a young'un.

special snowflake

>This obvious symbol means I'm human
Wrong

In my setting, all beings with divine authority have halos. That includes most gods (good or evil), some angels, and mortals blessed by divine prophecy. It's basically a divinely-imbued crown to represent divinely-recognized figures.

Just don't make halos into a special snowflake concept, and it won't be tied to special snowflakes.

>>Sounds pretty snowflake to me desu
>Veeky Forums desu vult genocide paladin is always correct and righteous when he smugly wipes out whole towns, and he should be loved for it by everyone because he's always right, because he serves absolute good, as left to his absolutist judgements
>classic, sturdy character choice
>angelic PC it feared because sometimes they simply know something to be evil and destroy it, because their desires are attuned to the aims of a transcendent outsider with a dogmatic agenda inscrutable to mortals, despite themselves being kind and benevolent
>Mary sue

oh no, i just remembered what happens after halo comes off

I can't believe I haven't seen this posted yet.

But really, how many questions get thrown onto here with no fucking context in the slightest?

I ran a Sengoku-Jidai flavored game once where one player picked Asura for his race. A slightly customized Aasimar, they had a nifty racial feature that let them manifest a Halo when enraged.

He once suplexed a Not!Space-Marine into a building, true story.

Like this, user.

You could take something from the pages of MTG.

Angels from Zendikar wear a halo over their eyes, symbolizing the fact that they are blind to and helpless against the atrocities the greater powers commit.

A LG paladin who literally can't see corruption would be interesting.

OH FUCK THAT ANIME JESUS SHIT WHY DID YOU REMIND ME