Cataphractii Apothecary

>Cataphractii Apothecary
Hold me.

I really dont like the skirt.

It's really more of a smock. Power armored apothecaries have them, too.

Awesome. Don't like the head though.

The mask is awesome but that's about the only thing I like. It's a great model, I just don't like the style as it's more Ogre/other video game style and not Space Mariney enough for me.

My chapter barely uses apothecaries anyway so no big loss. They need to stop this exclusive scalping bullshit. They would have guaranteed made just as many if not more sales by having regular webstore release.

>wears toughest armour in the galaxy
>no helmet

> MAKE SURE OUR APOTHECARIES HAVE PAULDRONS LARGER THAN THOSE OF THE SPACE MARINES. THE OMNISSIAH'S FAITHFUL MUST HAVE THE GREATEST AND BEST!
> But, Forge-Master, the Space Marine armour already has truly enormous pauldrons! It would be ludicrous to make them any bigger.
> THEN GIVE OUR ARMIES *DOUBLE* PAULDRONS!
> My... my liege, I'm not sure if that's tech-heres-
> DOUBLE PAULDRONS!

Can't argue with that logic.

Surely then, the Techmarines should have the largest pauldrons, if the Omnissiah's faithful require them?

Have you seen the Pauldrons on Titans? The Adeptus Mechanicus have us beat in Pauldron technology.

All cataphractii have double pauldrons.

Not for long they don't.

terminator armour without the hunch back just isn't terminator armour

Force fields. It's like you're new to 40k or something.

This is so dumb I fucking love it

I'm pretty sure the double pauldron thing is based off of Spaulders actually.

More accurately the lorica segmentata.

The Cataphractii is just a miniature version of the old art of HH era terminators, which have segmented shoulder plates instead of the domed 40k ones. No real distinction as being a whole new terminator variant was made, it was just an old style terminator suit like how there were the old style power armours.

How hard would it be to replace the exposed part of the face with a female mini and would it even be noticable?

I'm really tempted to convert one into a SC medic.

>Confusing apothecaries and techmarines

He's a big guy.

It's actually pretty clever as designs go. Whoever came up with this thought about the needs of a medic and combined that with the existing design ethos and trappings of the setting, so you have the early-model, outsized narthecium on the left arm, the heavy, ruggedized needler on the right, a what I assume is valve on the chestplate for emergency transfusions if there's no other available source, and so on. The helmet is absent but there's a light on the head (like an old surgeon's mirror in effect - superfluous in modern hospitals because of superior lighting, but probably quite useful on a battlefield), the mouth and nose are covered but the eyes (which are superhuman anyway) aren't, which you can only really criticize on grounds of protection against surgical shrapnel (though that's a fairly strong complaint, it would be hard to model and be obvious about the purpose), and I assume that shit on his back, like the shit on his belt, is to do with magic medical future crap.

I like it. It even echoes the later Centurion armor in a way I've not seen with Cataphractii before.

I'm hype, my World Eater Terminators needed an apothecary with them anyway.

"GREETINGS FELLOW CATAPHRACTII, LET US PURGE"

> waddles briefly before tripping on massive skirt

I've grown fond of traditional terminator armor but this is getting too silly.

you've clearly never seen a man wearing a smock before have you? Here is a hint, they walk just fine.

Which one repairs your armor in Space Hulk?

Re-detail the chest and that's a techpriest.

Now we need an Apo-Dread too. With a giant thundernartheticum that drills his brothers chests.

Where's the rest of the Cataphractii command?

>mfw faggots dislike this model but like far uglier models

DO NOT WORRY BATTLE-BROTHER I SHALL HEAL YOU. *SQUISH* DO NOT WORRY ARMS GROW BACK.

I like to think he would just be incredibly salty. You know, considering his situation.

>NEVER MIND BROTHER, I AM HERE TO HEAL YOUR WOUNDS.
>YOU KNOW, I WAS IN YOUR POSITION ONCE. SURE WOULD HAVE BEEN SWELL WE HAD A WALKING HOSPITAL BACK THEN HUH?
>BUT WHAT DO I KNOW. ANYWAY BROTHER, I AM DONE. ENJOY BEING ABLE TO FIT THROUGH AVERAGE DOORWAYS.

I get the feeling that he'd have to have tentacles or something of that sort to actually do that kind of work.

I have to wonder...are the techmarine dreadnoughts?

>built like a fucking fantasy dwarf
Why do the humans in 40k get so goddamned fat?

Are all the worlds capable of sustaining life outside of Terra like 1.3G or something?

I don't like the aesthetics of the piece at all, but I agree with everything you've said here.

Another thing I think the smock might be of use for is folding them up as something to have your medical items to hand, since I don't imagine Cataphractii can kneel or sit down very easily, especially when relatively fragile medical items are in play.

Those aren't smocks. Mark IV's cloth is the lower half of a tabard (loincloth?), and I don't know the specific name of the garment the Mk2 is wearing, but since it only goes up to the waist it's not a smock like what Sundowner is wearing. It's like half a kilt. I don't know what to call it.

One pauldron holds the arms of the power armour together, the other, the one that's part of the "superstructure", is where the force field's generators or connectors are?

Both plates are attached to the arm.

Apron, then. Whatever.

Come on guys

He must give the best hugs

>apothecary, I need healing!
>com'here you small soldier, take all your mutagenic injection, good boy

I don't mind any one thing, but as a whole it just feels cluttered. I would drop the shit on his waist and give him a helmet, do that and he seems fine. Anyone who thinks he can't run because he's wearing a smock is a retard.

The duckbill mask is the best part tho

I don't mind the breather part I just would like something to cover his bald noggin. Either way as long as I can stick on a different head I wouldn't care.

Iirc they either get their remains hardwired into the forge where they can be ghosts in the machine or are broken up and bequeathed to their understudies as augmentations.

The apron kinda ruins it for me

kek

Gotta preserve that genseed.