kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDRnNHUnJqZDJaN2s/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1KAenibSYz9vRBWAruH_UyqjkBKhjfhw2NdjvlTpqNGg/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm going to have to disagree, seeing as it format affect anything. If more people agree or you provide a convincing argument against it, I'll remove it.

Jumpers!

What's on your plate?

Sounds fantastic, I'm on board and hungry.

doesn't affect anything*

If the the Jump in question was reduced to a weaker version from the drawback (for example, Naruto in a modern day setting), would the options you buy weaken at all?

Sorry of I'm annoying anyone with these questions, still new.

It's no problem. Keep in mind this is a house rule, not a hard rule, so you'll get different takes on this. My advice to you is this: if it plays with the power setting / threat level of the jump in a significant manner, then I wouldn't fiddle with it. If it's just aesthetic or plays with interpersonal relationships and dynamics its pretty safe.

I think that depends on how much it weakens it. Like, if you're doing a Highschool AU fanfic where no one has powers, then yeah, I think your purchased stuff should suffer for it. You're pretty much not even jumping Naruto at that point, it would take some weird logic to justify giving you Naruto powers at that point. But if it's just a little weaker than canon, I don't see much issue with that.

What do you have to say in your defense, /jc/?

These are not the droids you're looking for.

All that I do, I do with consent. I'm not against convincing, but at the end of the day they need to make a choice. Once I have their consent, though? Well. . . that's a different conversation.

Danke!

Well, yeah, I've totally put mind control curses on people before. They're super useful. If it makes you feel better, though, I don't go for the free will-defying brainwashed sort of mind control. I go for the sort of mind control that makes you question whether free will existed in the first place. A lot of subtle changes to how the brain processes information.

I am a "knowledge for knowledge's sake" kinda guy. Also like to have options available. Just to appease my paranoia, you know..

>Pic related
Sweets and lovely ladies.

I don't need to justify myself to you Star. Just last month you turned into a purple butterfly with six arms and kidnapped every boy in school. I mean, come on, my knowing about mind-controlling curses is probably the least weird thing that's going to happen in the next ten minutes, never mind today. So how about we /focus/ on the problem at hand?

>So how about we /focus/ on the problem at hand?

Your inter-species sex obsession, you furry?

Have you ever taken Pokémons as companions in later jumps? Have they been useful/nice to be around
?

Um, not him but I think my eyes instinctively rebelling against a horror I don't want to comprehend because I can't seem to find the described drawback in the jump? Is it at the top or bottom of the drawbacks list?

Well yeah, they're the starting core.

So, in Mortal Heroes, if we take the thing that makes Dragonblooded Half-Caste what does that do?
Also Keychain of Creation is down forever now...

It's hidden text at the end of the drawback list.

Shit.

Jumpers, have you ever accidentally destroyed a important thing?

More like a bunch of dipshits keep trying to use them on me or my friends.

Nah. Pokemons are ugly are annoying.

Out of 802 designs plus forms and megas, I bet you could find 6 pokemon you like the appearance of.

What are the best troop building Perks?
I'm trying to do the evil overlord shtick without going full necromancer.

The Overlord game has some great perks that help you manage minions and buff their competence.

I keep my starter around, just to have someone else be a witness to the entire adventure.

Basically it makes it so any person with a Terrestrial bloodline, borne within like three generations of an Exalted Dragonblooded, will at least have some powers. This makes Realm a much bigger threat.

Not that user, but...

Gardevoir, Shiny Gardevoir, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Shiny Gardevoir...

...Are there anymore Gardevoirs I'm missing?

Too far gone to mount a defense, etc.

It's perfectly fine. No, really.

Hero Bulletin Board is pretty great for that, as was noted earlier, whichever Origin you go for.

"Maybe I did. I've lived a long a time and during that that time I may have been forced into a situation where I had to do it. If I did I wouldn't remember. I've got poor memory sometimes. Generally though, I know a lot because I've spent a long time researching magic in my spare time because it gets boring sometimes."

Some Cake.
So I'm not allowed to read now? Maybe next time, you can find your own information. How about that?

Can Worm powers get a second trigger?

Nope

does angry video game nerd count as a youtuber?

You wouldn't want that anyway.

>wake up
>a bunch of replies
Well shit.

You would be correct.

Yeah, I know a lot of mid or late-game jumpers will make this piss easy. I'm ignoring that and just trying to design this for fun in mind, so expect a lot of charisma and leadership perks.

No, this is me deciding to pump something out in a weekend because the idea's been in my head for some time. BC Part 1/MCU Part 2 will restart afterwards.

>spelling error
FUUUUUUCK, fixing that thank you.

Messiah's perks will have some significant oomph in comparison to the others, hence their upgraded price. But depending how the perks end up looking that could change.

It is a jump where you can gain the tools to build your own cult.

>Scientology will be getting a rival.
And instantly this jump will be worth it to me.

This is only gonna take a weekend, tops. Better to get it out of my head so I can focus on the other stuff. Plus it's kind of fun to work on this, I can feel motivation coming back.

Why the hell not?

Does he make videos on Youtube?

Hey worm user, have you ever though about making a twig or pact jump?

Fresh Recruits, 400 CP, Discount for Commander. Ring of Red Jump.

I'm sure there's more, but that's the only one I remember off the top of my head.

I like Pokemon make great early Companions. Especially a number of the smarter ones. I took a full group of six with me in my original chain, but when I reset I didn't take Pokeglot. So I left them behind. I didn't want to surprise them with the whole interdimensional travel business and I couldn't be sure how much they understood without sharing their language.

Probably because it would turn into "I second trigger and am now omnipotent."

Because nobody cares about your feigned indignation.

Because then I have to think of what kind of upgrade each of the powers would get, which is a pain due to how second triggers work. Because second triggering isn't a shonen upgrade and fucks you up mentally really bad, and because doing it that way means I can focus on the powers as standalone things.

tl;dr Second triggering is nothing but a hassle.

Twin sounds interesting from what I've heard but I haven't read either of them. And one source of Wildbow BS when it comes to jumpmaking is enough for me.

>Fresh Recruits, 400 CP, Discount for Commander. Ring of Red Jump.
>I'm sure there's more, but that's the only one I remember off the top of my head.
>Yorokonde
>Ring of Red Jump
Shill. Shiill. Shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllll.

It's okay.

So Mortal Heroes update is going to have to wait a bit because the stuff I linked in the back on Aether stuff is dead and I gotta find other links.

How smart are Hollow Dinosaurs in GHQ?

About human level intelligence from the examples given.

Clever girl.

Work beckons!

F

Yes, but he also has his own website.

I can't say anything for the BBS things (which seem more like they'd be companions)... but Infernals will have demons descended from you not count as companions, since they're still sorta part of you.

Unless you decide you want to import them somewhere as a companion , in which case they become subject to all their rules and restrictions.

This would go for all three Circles of demons. Though you'd need some way of taking your 1st Circles along (like an internal world), since they're not that closely connected to you.

Also, 1st Circles who become distinct enough to become Citizens would also fall under Companion rules. Since at that point, they're their own person. uh, their own demon. whatever.

>So laugh all you want, because as far as I know the latest WIP's a long way off.
2 to 9 days (I hope.), at least to get it jumpable (so minus fluff). Juuust need to finish items/manses.

Did you already make a build for VA-11 Hall-A?

Wait, three generations? Half Castes are usually just one generation, right?

Guess that's one more reason to never, ever take that fucking drawback.

>I can feel motivation coming back.
I love it when people say that. So wonderful.

Gives me hope.

Out of curiosity, how much of your powerset do Akuma you create with the perk have access to? Can you control how much they can use, or is it all or nothing?

They /can/ access all of it, but would need to learn everything you don't start them off with from scratch (assuming you don't teach them).

Basically, all your powers would be considered their "Charmset" and they'd be able to learn bits of it like Akuma learn bits of Yozi stuff as Charms.

They tend to just use whatever you allow them. Unless you gave them an Urge they could accomplish /much/ better if only they accessed another of your powers, you can assume they'll stick with that.

Also, it's not like they have a list of everything you can do. They might just not consider that they might be able to get... laser-eyes or whatever you don't want them to get.

Those with more restrictive Urges, like say: "Obey the Jumper." would of course only ever use what you allow/command them to use.

I woke up today and my first thought was 'man, what would happen if Homer Simpson was went on a jumpchain?'

This is a sign I need stronger coffee.

Assuming no life-ending disasters happen, I'm shooting for Metroid to be done sometime next week.

On phone but I'll say this. Terrestrial Bloodline is a merit that can persist, on average three generations. Breeding comes into play as well.

On my end I wonder how retarded you have to be to go Akuma.

Assuming he's not too retarded to make coherent choices, it'd probably involve all of the food items/perks. Also the alcohol.

Well if you purchase the perk and the charm, you can create Akuma with free will. I'm just going to use it to power up adventurers in my cult.

It is not a smart decision.

But demons/Yozi can be pretty persuasive, I guess?

To be fair, they often approach people who would want to fulfill the Urge already.

It looks like the terminator jump was updated again, at the very least it's in the new jumps folder, does anyone know what's changed? I don't know for sure but I think some of the notes have been removed.

So for the magic system, could we choose something like "D&D but MP instead of Vancian"?

Question, what kind of portal stuff can Eliatropes do? Is it just opening portals to reach other locations or can they do other things with it as well?

You mean 5e sorcerer?

>Spoiler
YES!

Also most Half-Castes are just one generation, but Dragons are special.

About as smart as you have to be to make a deal with a literal demon after you fucked something up.
Or as smart as you have to be to make a deal with a walking corpse when you're on the brink of death.

They tend to go after desperate, or stupid people is what I'm saying.

I'm starting my first jump and I'm having a weirdly hard time deciding which Pokémons to get. My start is probably going to be Bulbasaur, then I have Mareep, Ho-Oh, Lapras, Phanpy, and Mega Alakazam.

Which still leaves me with one spot open at the end of the jump. Any suggestions?

Yes. You can have pretty much any kind of magic system you want as long as it fits within the context of some sort of fantasy setting. You could have Vancian magic, weeaboo fightan magic, a magic system that relies entirely on creating magical items, whatever.

Yugo has also demonstrated the ability to make laser beams out of portals by placing a portal within another portal, as well as very fast transit by throwing portals so fast he becomes a laser beam. Oh, and he also makes a sword and shield out of solid laser beams (or whatever the stuff portals are made of anyways), which implies full on freeform hard-light construct generation eventually since Quilby made a laser beam arm for himself as well.

The portals can also be used to cross dimensions, instead of just moving between places.

Not in thread so it doesn't get into the drive.

...well that's certainly more then I expected. Thanks user(s?).

>About as smart as you have to be to make a deal with a literal demon after you fucked something up.
>Or as smart as you have to be to make a deal with a walking corpse when you're on the brink of death.
Now see, these aren't comparable. Being an Abyssal kinda sucks sometimes, sure, but being an Infernal, at least? It's not a bad deal. Your bosses keep you on a long leash since part of your purpose is to innovate and plot on your own to get them out, and you're a big swinging dick in Hell since all the demons have to respect you. Even Third Circles can't instantly vaporize you without permission and you can call them out for being retarded, even if you do have to obey their orders at the end.

We are seeing delicious Quincy tech in GHQ, tech you gave us access to.

This is the best timeline

Except for the part where the Yozi fully intend to backstab you, turn you into them, once it's all said and done.

Also when make the initial deal you have no way of knowing any of this, not that they give you that much freedom, and not that they'll stab you in the back. Just that you are making a deal with an actual Demon, in exchange for servitude.

Wait Wait Wait. Aaaannnyyy? Could I have a world based on the Belgariad and a magic system that's basically the Will and the Word?

Yeah sure, I'm just saying, it's not like being an Akuma. Even Abyssals, with their really annoying limit equivalent, are given way more freedom and free will than an Akuma and both of them get a lot more respect. As an Akuma, you are a slave at best and a tool at worst, as an Abyssal or Infernal you are treated as a slave at worst, but more often you're treated like a valuable servant, but at your best you're a rebellious free agent rubbing your balls in your former master's face. Can't do that as an Akuma, you're fucked for good and are essentially a hollowed out meat puppet.

Or you could just wait.

>YES!
Really depends on how much motivation I can scrounge together this weekend, but it should be possible with me aiming to finish it.

Then after that intro fluff and the simplified fluff-less perk explainations. But that's not technically necessary to jump it.

>Or as smart as you have to be to make a deal with a walking corpse when you're on the brink of death.
I mean... The alternative is being dead.

There's not that much of a choice.

>About as smart as you have to be to make a deal with a literal demon after you fucked something up.
So? Demons are not Always Chaotic Evil in Exalted.

Akuma willing have to give up their free will. It's a bit worse than the deal that Infernals get.

...What? Okay, they're /probably/ going to backstab you at some point. One of them's the Ebon Dragon, after all.

But they can't turn you into one of them.

Except you don't know that when you accept the deal, and if the Demons tells you you should assume they are lying, because they are a fucking demon.

Potential Akuma know about as much about what they are getting themselves into as potential Abyssals or Infernals.

>The alternative is being dead.
Be dead, or swear servitude to omnicidal dead gods.

>Demons are not Always Chaotic Evil in Exalted.
True, but most people don't know that, not even most potential Akuma/Infernal know that.

It's a worse deal yes, but from the perspective of the one accepting the deal, with their lack of knowledge, it likely doesn't sound much worse than Infernal.

>But they can't turn you into one of them.
Pretty sure there's a charm set for each Yozi that turns you into a copy of one of them
TLDR:Akuma is worse than Infernal and Abyssal, but Yozi take advantage of desperate, stupid, or ignorant people and don't tell them the full consequences of their choice before they make it.

>Really depends on how much motivation I can scrounge together this weekend, but it should be possible with me aiming to finish it.

The future of our chains lay on your hands. No pressure

What?

Jumper Homer Simpson would be a beer and donut-powered berserker

>Be dead, or swear servitude to omnicidal dead gods.
Pic related

>Pretty sure there's a charm set for each Yozi that turns you into a copy of one of them

Maybe if you take Peer of Hell they won't be so dickish? This is only if you're going for the Reclamation during your 10 year stay.

Time for a build!

Restarted Chain
Jump 13 - Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

Raven: At least that's finally over.
Jumper: Look, I told you I was sorry for indulging too much.
Wakana: We were just worried. You weren't acting like yourself.
J: Yeah I know. I don't know what got into me.
R: Well, regardless, I want a turn at the head.
J: ...What?
R: I want to have a turn being the Jumper.
J: I don't think we can do that.
> “Oh no, we can totally do that.”
J: Really?
> “Yeah, really. This I've got to see.”
J: Well, okay then. Raven, congratulations. You're the Jumper for this next one. Where do you want to go?
R: Somewhere with magic, monsters, maces...
Lina: Oh my?
R: Very funny.
> “Here's a list with some settings that fit the bill and some basic information. Let me know what peaks your interest.”
R: What's this one? Danjon Ni... Why is the title in Japanese?
> “Some of them just are. It happens. But it's a pretty interesting universe. Gods oversee adventuring guilds, granting powers and enabling those who work for them to gain incredible powers.”
R: That sounds promising.
> “There's a huge dungeon in the middle of town absolutely filled with monsters of all kinds.”
R: I'm in, let's do this.

Background: Goddess (100, 900), Apparent Age: 23

J: Right for the top choice, huh?
R: Naturally.
W: It /is/ a comfy position to be in.
Yamato: Can't argue with that.

Drawbacks:
Family Reputation (+100, 1000) [Powerful Magicians]
Monster Bait (+200, 1200)
Increased Monster Presence (+300, 1500)

Perks:
+ Blessing of the Falna (Free)
+ Divine Mirror (Free)
+ Eternal Perspective (Free)
+ A Mother To Your Familia (150, 1350)
+ Purview (300, 1050) - Leatherworking

Companions:
+ Familia (600, 450)

Items:
+ Valis (Free)
+ A Familia's Home (150, 300)
+ Grimore [x2] (300, 0)

[1/3]

Well is it?

>Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?
We have this as a jump? I can't find it in the archive.

>Why is the title in Japanese

>Be dead, or swear servitude to omnicidal dead gods.
...I'd pick the second. It's not like the next one who gets the offer would refuse. Creation is /not/ an idealistic world.

>True, but most people don't know that, not even most potential Akuma/Infernal know that.
True.

They generally don't.

They only know it's some weird alien creature, who's telling them it can help them. Probably some kind of spirit.

They understand that they just got kicked in the nuts by destiny, generally relating directly to their lack of power, and that they're getting offered power and a second chance. That's very tempting, even for a saint.

Whereas Akuma actually have to offer their body, mind, and soul to be used by the Yozi. Willingly. It's... quite a leap from one to the other.

>Pretty sure there's a charm set for each Yozi that turns you into a copy of one of them
Sure. But they can't force you to take those Charms and it's not like you automatically get them.

Besides, they're planning on having the Infernals die of old age at 150 years anyway. It's not even a possibility the considered.

But yes, they try to go for desperate/stupid/ignorant people when they can't find crazy monsters. Not that they always succeed at that either.

So it's in moonrunes? Huh.

Why would they do that?

Yorokonde, Adventurer, Age 24, Half-Elf
+ Hephaestus Weapon - Battleaxe
+ Gotta Catch Them All
+ Dungeon Knowledge
+ Magic - Chain Lightning - Fast Chant

J: I don't want to pick Magic though. I was hoping to be a Warrior.
R: We have a reputation to uphold, so it's not debatable.

Wakana, Adventurer, Age 23, Amazon
+ Magic - Invisibility - Fast Chant
+ Realis Phase
+ Hephaestus Weapon - Massive Club

R: Invisibility, as a giant woman with a huge club?
W: Subtlety /and/ Strength darling.

Yamato, Adventurer, Age 22, Werewolf
+ Excelia - F-Class Magic
+ Magic - Elemental Shield - Fast Chant
+ Daidaros Street-Wise
+ Realis Phase

R: I was expecting more necromancy, Yamato.
Y: Wakana told me to di... divest...
W: Diversify.
Y: That's the word.

Major Lina, Support, Age 18, Undine
+ Valis
+ The View From The Back
+ Master Looter
+ Strong Back
+ Magic - Magic Portal - Long Chant

R: You're all right with a support role?
L: There's no shame in doing your best work from behind.
Y: PHRASING!
W: Please, no more dear.

Pine, Support, Age 20, Elf
+ Master Craftsman - Blacksmith
+ A Fine Establishment - Armory Store, "The Iron Maiden"
+ Strong Back

R: Wait, who are you?
>"You're starting a Guild. Did you think I was going to leave you short handed?"
Pine: Technically, I'm your landlord, but let's not quibble over details.

Mico, Adventurer, Age 23, Cat Person
+ Magic - Haste - Mid Chant
+ Hephaestus Weapon [x2] - Dual Katars
+ Excelia [x2] - B-Class Agility and Strength

Mico: Reporting for duty NYA!
R: I'm... very much okay with this.

Shorty, Adventurer, Age ??, Pallum
+Magic - Mirror Image - Fast Chant
+ Level Up [x2] - Level 3

R: Really, your name is Shorty?
S: Yeah. Got a Problem with that?
R: No, no. Not at all.
S: 's what I thought!

[2/3]

No, it's not wrong. It is, in fact, very right.

Yep. It's in the unimaged section under I. It's not in Japanese.

>Besides, they're planning on having the Infernals die of old age at 150 years anyway

Wasn't that just for newbie Infernals if they weren't worth their time? Or it's a kill-switch that goes off for all Infernals? Should a Jumper trapped with the Yozis be worried about that?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDRnNHUnJqZDJaN2s/view

Ebby is stupid and didn't learn the lesson Autochton and the Incarnae did with the Solars. They too expected them to never get beyond Essence 5. On Ebby's end, he thinks that the shorter lifespan will keep them from achieving Essence 6 and up, because while a Solar or Lunar has plenty of extra time to break that ceiling, an Infernal would have to be on the ball and really dedicate themselves to training, since the difference between their lifespan and when they can move up to 6 aren't very great. Plus many might not know about how essence levels really work.

Okuda, Support, Age 20, Hume Bunnie
+ Excelia [x3] - C-Rank Strength, Defense, Utility
+ Master Craftsman - Alchemist

R: Five Adventurers and three Support seems like a pretty uneven mix.
Okuda: Hey! Fuck you lady! I'm better than half the Adventurer's you'll find in the dungeon!
R: ... I like this one. She's got spunk.

>"Interesting... very interesting. Similar to Yorokonde but with a different vein of thought."
R: Thank you?
>"Now then, just to be clear, you're to follow the same restrictions I normally place on him. Make sure to entertain me or you'll get send home. Die along the way and you'll get send home."
R: O-Okay. I'll do my best.
>"Oh, and don't think you're going to get to avoid monsters forever. With those Drawbacks, if you don't go looking for them, you're going to come looking for you."
R: But... you said Gods aren't normally allowed in Dungeons.
>"They aren't. There are some... Mmm... interesting consequences if you try to flex your powers in there. Now, be a good meat puppet and start the show."

Story Time:

docs.google.com/document/d/1KAenibSYz9vRBWAruH_UyqjkBKhjfhw2NdjvlTpqNGg/edit?usp=sharing

Okay, so I may have went a little overboard with the write-up on this one. I hit ten pages before I even realized what had happened and had to add two more just to wrap it up, which is why you'll notice a sharp difference near the end as I start writing in a less descriptive fashion.

Hope you all enjoy.

Basically, the Infernal exaltation has been deliberately set to burn out far sooner than usual for Exalts.

As far as the Yozi are concerned, this is a good thing. Don't want their servants to become too powerful.

But if you go up in Essence past 5, your lifespan actually increases, because Primordial Powah.

So, no. You don't have to worry about it, unless you don't raise your Essence despite all your Charms working off that.

And out-of-jump anti-aging perks would still leave you unaffected by it.