SWORD

SWORD

AND

BOARDING ACTION

Why does Horus heresy get all the cool shit

BROTHERS I CANNOT FIT THROUGH THE BOARDING TUBE!

>Power Gladius

Yes please.

They can focus purely on Space Marines rather than have shitnos ruin everything.

Im might get into but the entire lore behind it bores me to death but these models are so fucking sexy.

PUSH HARDER, ANCIENT ONE

P U S H

Nice but I dont like FW's lack of consistency in painjobs.

GW does it better

COGITATORS HAVE BEEN ENGAGED TO MAXIMUM PUSH. MY CHASSIS IS SIMPLY TOO BIG!

I REMEMBER BEING A TALL, SLIM CONTEMPTOR PATTERN. WHAT HAS M41 DONE TO ME?

It's because FW examples are taken from team members' armies rather than an official studio painting team.

>painjobs
>GW does it better

Almost no one make jobs a pain better then GW. Except for fast food.

BROTHERS, FETCH THE SACRED OILS

WE SHALL LUBE THE ANCIENT ONE UP SO HE CAN PASS THE BOARDING TUBE

That seems pretty amateurish and cheap to me considering how big they are and how much dosh they move.

Duncan could paint at least one model of each product

30k swords look much less retarded than chainswords. I approve.

ONLY SISTERS ANGELICA AND HESTIA MAY LUBE MY CHASSIS!

>mfw

TWINS THEY WERE!

Notice that some of the pics clearly have the Ultramarines painted with Alpha Legion colors

> "I, CATO SICARIUS, AM ALPHARIUS."

Every time.

>Have hole to shoot through
>Use melee weapon

>Alpha Legion colors
alpha legion use a deeper blue

or, if we're going by forgeworld standards, alpha legion use a metallic blue

With how often the sons of horus change greens, I'm just going to assume everyone painting for the studio is colourblind and ignore any discrepancies.

It's a stabbing hole, so you can attack while defending.

Jesus. Do they even know what their end-game is anymore?

>[heavy breathing through sarcophagus vox unit]

That is a sexy as hell power sword

Those'd make good sigmarines.

>stabbing with an ax

>chopping hole

You tilt the handle up and down in the hole to make small chopping motions

So the Ultramarine boarding strategy is to form a solid wall of steel and ceramite, so that they can safely waggle their axes at the enemy?

I don't think they're taking this heresy thing seriously

I laughed at this a lot harder than I should have. Bless you, user.

I tried making that point to a mate of mine who was pissed about alphas being the main baddies of DoW1

makes sense that they might have lost direction after 10,000 years

When are the DA's going to get some fucking models?

Another glorious day for the Sons of Ultramar.

>Why does Horus heresy get all the cool shit
Play zone mortalis and you can have boarding shields for your 40K squads.

Ultramarines are best when they're actually being fucking Roman

Also boarding shields are like the easiest thing, literally just plates of ceramics and plasteel, why the fuck can't they use them in 40k

They went full romans with ultramarines I see
good move on them cause I love me some romans

Lmao thankyou for that

Lol

>10-man Unit of power weapons and shields
Wet as sin, I wish I had enough fancy bits to make my Honour guard squads uniform.

How do you do, fellow Ultramarines?

top kek

Oof
Imagine Ultramarine captains with roraii helms or hastati helms?

Meant to write triarii

my sides are gone now.

>These shield bits can be yours for the low low price of $30
>Get 4 or more now and receive a free shipping voucher in 2017!

hey guys i'm new to 40k.
so there are different space marine chapters. if i paint a regular blue one red can it be a blood angel then?

Sort of
Blood angels are a dedicated army with special units unfortunately so you'll need special blood angel units eventually

Or you can be like the Blood Ravens and just say that you think you're a Blood Angels chapter who just does whatever chapter rites you feel like doing at the time.

Eh
Blood angels are sure as fuck codex divergent, SM armies are not at all melee focused unlike the Blood angels who excel in it

Also start with the blood angels start collecting

>TROLLING!
THEY ARE Veeky Forums AS A LEGION OF THE EMPEROR'S FINEST!

I'm under the general impression that the Alpha Legion is comprised of three tiers of traitors:

>those who are in on the "true mission"
>those who think they know the mission of the Alpha Legion
>those who think the Alpha Legion's mission is the same as that of the Chaos gods

As a result, you have a bunch of AL traitors running around doing whatever seemingly at random with no real coherency or uniformity - except for those who are part of the first tier.

And then you have the first and second tier guys who are acting like lower tiers in order to spread disinfo

Meme magic went to far

>A shield with a clear gap that appears meant for firearms
>Unit is equipped with close combat melee weapons
>Dont provide a shield that covers that gap, leaving a huge vulnerable place in the front

I realize rule of cool, but its these minor things that matter

You stab through the hole, dingus.

Uhh guys.

Wait, Cato SICARIUS
The Sicarii were one of the earliest organized assassins, their name deriving from the daggers they carried.
Cato comes from latin for intelligent.
Literally an intelligent assassin, aka undercover spy. OH MY EMPEROR.

>if Kojima worked for Games Workshop

Help I'm being memed on

Yes. The basic space marine models can be used for most chapters depending on how they are painted.

There are Ultramarines and Blood Angels upgrade kits, and some Blood Angels versions of common space marine units. These are intended to only be used with their respective chapters, since the actual mold of the model is designed to reflect those chapters' armor and weapons style, symbols and heraldry.

Alpha Legion use so many shades of blue, green and anything inbetween, that they have no set colour scheme, iconography or any sort of markings that apply to all of them except the mark of the Hydra somewhere on their body, and shit, for triple undercover psyops not even there. With some parts of the Legion, not even Alpharius truly knows if those guys over there are actually Alpha Legion. And they probably don't know, either

If the Codex Astartes says to waggle the axe, then that's what they're going to do! All this heresy doesn't mean you must suddenly become a World Eater. This isn't 'nam, there are rules!

>implying 40K marines need even more roster creep

Hydra Dominatus, bitch.

>that picture
>that filename
well played

Mine are in that irredescent Tamiya green and blue scheme, I did a few in a flat blue but they really do just look like Heresy era Ultramarines.

These two things are the reasons they're my favourite legion, they are a small group of anons doing whatever their secret mission is while a smokescreen of other anons just fucks with stuff for fun, they don't know who's trolling who any more.