/swg/: Star Wars General: Never Mind the Bollux, Here's the Blue Max edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ugnaught_Surface
youtube.com/watch?v=G2e3gExPJos
youtube.com/watch?v=UYZoxY3sawE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone have some spicy SW reaction images?

Ah out of production droids, I love the CZ communications droid (And most Serv-O-Droid products) Did you know the CZ in ANH was built out of rejected parts for a Darth Vader costume?

I had an idea for a character/NPC that bought up old Serv-O-Droid and Leisuremech patents and is starting to make a comeback with a few factories and workshops.

Serv-O-Droid, maker of the coolest stuff.

Whats the context for this, and why do I love it?

I hate to say that I've kinda forgotten about the context and where it's from.
All i remember is that its from a comic story timed on /co/.

Publitechnic makes some cool shit too, like a droid-vehicle hybrid streetsweeper/garage.

ffgrpg: how do i play shards? how do i play a Human replica droid? How do i play a shard with a Human replica droid body?

>Something in Star Wars with an actual guardrail

What madness is this?

This droid is the cheapest fucking super skilled combat-capable droid out there.

How the fuck do i beat jake farell (vi+ptl+prokets+guid/autothrusters+test pilot) as a scum pilot?

Gee I dunno maybe any combination of two to three extremely broken scum ships with Mindlink?

Here's a cool thing I found.

These droids are hilariously well armed.

"You can't just respond to intruders with finger guns!"
"Thats where you're wrong, kiddo!"

It's from the new Darth Vader Marvel run, the same one that brought us "All I am surrounded by is fear and dead men."

They're kind of great, that page is from issue one, Vader used the astromech to frame a snoop that Targie had forced on him. The only loose end is the droid to obligingly takes care of itself.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ugnaught_Surface

Okay I really should have gotten Star Wars: Uprising while it was still available, if they recannonized this silly thing they really musta made it as more than a shitty mobile game cash-in.

Gib list please.

Protectorate starfighter, Jumpmaster, Shadow Caster

Yeah, if you can get Asajj's mobile arc in range 2 of Jake he's fucked. Plus, since Jake will be pushing the limit all the time, tossing in Letts Razzi on the Shadow Caster makes it basically immune to Jake once his prockets are gone.

Meanwhile, he's got to dogfight against a PS9 Fenn Rau, whilst trying to avoid aforementioned Mobile Arc, and if he ever get's into a situation where he can use his Prockets on Fen, the odds are pretty decent that Fenns going to get 4 Evade dice + 1 free Evade.

Then you have a low PS Scyk with an Ion Cannon or something to block Jake.

Alternatively, the infamous Dengaroo is still lethal and unnerfed.

MTT sized plasma howitzers, the ultimate surface-to-surface "Fuck you."

Aside from homebrewing fighter combat rules, what's the secret to running a great squadron-based campaign?

Use Squads/Squadron rules from AoR's GM kit. They work exceptionally well for TIE pilots, since they're meant to blow up by the hundred while the truly skilled survive.

Brush up on required reading/viewing/gaming. And do try to put together a good music playlist to set the mood if your players are into that.

I fucking love the multishot grenade attachment.

Mind link is too fragile, dont do it

I wasn't suggesting Mind Link. The other guy did.
I;m the one trying to encourage awareness of just how damn ridiculously tanky Assaj Ventriss with PTL and Letts Razzi is.

Attani Mindlink has virtually 100% representation in all Scum winning regional lists which are also the most numerous of any faction.

I played against basically exactly this list the other day though with manaroo instead of a scyk. It beat me pretty handily though I don't know if that was because of the list or because I was rolling dogshit. It seemed really good though.

I wouldn't have thought there would be enough points for a Manaroo in that list. He must have been skimping something fierce on his Shadow Caster and Fenn Rau builds to afford a proper Manaroo.

It solves a lot of problems for a low cost, with a drawback that can be mitigated through skilled flying.

I'm not 100% on it but yeah I think Manaroo had just the mindlink, Asaaj had just link and Latts and Fenn had just link, title and autothrusters.

That's wrong though, Dengaroo and triple ace are the major regional scum lists. Listen, if you like mindlink, play it, but it can be a major problem if Assaj or stressbot come into play

Fenn Rau, Assaj and Manaroo is what's getting the most results and they're all mindlinked.

Hell even a list of three G1-As and a Z-95 with links managed to win a regional.

>it can be a major problem if Assaj or stressbot come into play

Only if you're bad. Only 1 stress spreads through and 1 stress is easy to clear. Hell, a ship infinitely stressed still gets tokens thanks to his mindlink bros.

**AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA**

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Which of the new-canon books does Veeky Forums recommend? I just finished Tarkin, and loved it. Any others?

Check out Catalyst, Lost Stars, and Lords of the Sith. A New Dawn and Twilight Company are fine as well.

Lucernos books are well made. The aftermath is pure cringe though im really disapointed after reading tarkin and cataclist.

Is the NuThrawn book out yet?
I want to catch up on muh blueberry husbando.

April 2017, mate.

Well that's plenty of time to binge all of Clone Wars and Rebels while I wait.

>Dat watermark on the top left
I don't remember TORtanic having lingerie that delicious.

Having them fly Yellow Squadron.

youtube.com/watch?v=G2e3gExPJos

At this point, Disney really should think about altering the exclusivity deal with EA.

What are your guys' thoughts on the Tarkin novel? It's been a very long time since I've read any Star Wars books but I've always liked Tarkin and I'm somewhat interested.

It can get a little dry, but it's not bad at all. Catalyst fixes the dry problems with him. So read both and you'll have a good time.

>shipfag says he'll make some stats for this ship i've given players in this game i'm running, a week ago
>says he'll make the stats by saturday
>game is tonight, he hasn't made the stats
>me: youtube.com/watch?v=UYZoxY3sawE

I thought it was pretty good. Gives a lot of background to Tarkin's character. The actual plot is of relatively no consequence, but the writing is good, and the characterization and perspective are great. It reads like playing Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis feels.

is right, though. It is fairly dry reading, if you're not into that sort of thing.

Disney just needs to pull a vader

Asked for Striker and v/1 stats too. Guess he forgot about me ;-;

they had to less than non-lewd things to keep the playerbase around

speaking of playerbases ive actually really been enjoying nubattlefront more and more these days, if nothing else but for the space battles, but how long do you guys think the playerbase will stick around?

Bloodline is a must. Not only has Claudia Gray proven to be by far the best nucanon writer as of yet but it's also a good lead-in to the state of the galaxy in VII.

Plus, the plot can pretty much be described as 'Leia gets sick of everyone's bullshit and decides to get shit done herself' which is always worth reading imo.

Well, EA's gonna do a sequel next year, so that'll probably cause some migration.

Especially if they decide not to do a season pass thing like was talked about in some recent releases. Supposedly they really are trying to change their image and be "players first".

>two Battlefront 2s
That's going to get confusing fast.

I'm sure it will have a subtitle and not just be Battlefront 2.

Of course, they could literally call it Battlefront 2, as "technically" the other one is Battlefront II. Trademarks and copyrights can be funny that way.

that sounds good

to be fair on EA, i dont like them schlonging my battlefront with DLC ethier but they've been pretty good this time around. Hell you can pick up the season pass for $22 now on origin and i give them credit for at-least offering trial weekends for the DLC

its not perfect but its alot more consumer friendly than other games with season passes and copious amounts of DLC

>implying they wont call it Battlefront: Resurgence or some other dumb subtitle

This makes me think too, what is Battlefront 2's setting going to be? They managed to milk the OT pretty dry within 3 dlcs packs and i think we will see Pandemic Studios make a comeback before disney apporves a prequel triology battlefront

it is confirmed to have a story campaign and the whole point of the first (EA) battlefront's release was to capitlaize on the new star wars movie so i wont be too shocked if its and actual first order V Reistance affiar.

But then again, that would require somebody at Dice doing the amount of world building that the original battlefront 2 did, maybe more

Or they will just re-texture Imperial assets with white streaks for the First Order

Yeah, no shit. I wonder if EA gets the irony.

Or maybe they'll be smart and like, give it a subtitle or something. Because I'm pretty sure the original BF/BFII are available on Steam.

>what is Battlefront 2's setting going to be?

Supposedly, early talks were that it was literally just going to cover TFA. It might cover a bit more now, but if we're lucky (spoiler: we aren't) it'll actually cover all the movies.

The most recent hinting was that it would probably be vignettes like Battlefield One, and actually that it might cover new ground and not tread the same ground they did in the first EAfront - but that might just mean only on new maps, not that their current round of maps might not be included also.

Also, bring back Galactic Conquest.

>Because I'm pretty sure the original BF/BFII are available on Steam

yes but not on EA's platform origin, infact the last EA game that anyone gave a shit about to sell on steam was bad company i believe

and the funny thing is that the original battlefront 1 isnt on steam and 2 is for some reason, even though steam has a bad habbit of ripping the BF1 cover art for shit like May the 4th sales

>milk the OT dry
That hasn't stopped Star Wars game devs from doing it over and over. It also hasn't stopped Koei Tecmo from milking Romance of the Three Kingdoms, or Bandai/Sunrise from milking the One-Year War, or Hollywood from milking the superhero origin story.

I'm praying that DICE still has people sane and competent enough to realize that Bad Company 2's formula was already nearly perfect. Reskin Bad Company 2, throw in a Space Vietnam expansion, and unfuck the flight controls.

>That hasn't stopped Star Wars game devs from doing it over and over.

Well for atleast Battlefront's format its been milked dry, shit OT era star wars is big enough to make 100 games. But for atleast how these games are made- its meant to take place within the OT movies and i think Dice has literally ran out of screen time

>I'm praying that DICE still has people sane and competent enough to realize that Bad Company 2's formula was already nearly perfect. Reskin Bad Company 2, throw in a Space Vietnam expansion, and unfuck the flight controls.

Shit man i would go abit further. Maybe asymmetrically balance it, introduce alot more vehicles, make combat alot more realistic and focused on combined arms

As for the flight controls, are you playing on console? Because even a flight simulator casual like myself can run circles around 90% of other pilots in pic related pulling the most basic of maneuvers

>Asymmetrical balancing, a la Rising Storm
>More vehicles, including OC like proper fucking MBTs
>More guns, featuring consultant work by Ian from Forgotten Weapons
>Radio Surf

Also, I've played on both PC (my own) and console (a friend's). Not a fan of DICE's flight controls. I've been spoiled by other flight games. Rogue Squadron, Ace Combat, and the Wing Commander games just felt so tight and perfect compared to BF.

Did COMPNOR have their own uniforms/uniform color?

The ISB, part of COMPNOR, uses white, gray, or black (depending, maybe, on one's role/position/rank?).

The Imperial Press Corps, part of the Ministry of Information, which is within the Coalition for Progress, a part of COMPNOR, apparently has lighter blue-gray uniforms.

I think it would be reasonable that there would be some marking, whether the uniform color or some other denotation, between COMPNOR and the Imperial Army/Navy/whatever. So do they?

Shit,I thought you said the game was on monday, sorry man.I had a bunch of work this week on account of the christmas rush so didn't have time until this weekend, and when that happened, my computer finally packed it in yesterday so I was a bit busy
Good news, though, your requested stats for both the duplex gunship and my homebrewed ex-stealth ship are attached to this post, hopefully it's not too late
I've just been busy, too. sorry. those will be up in literally the next 10 minutes, I have to recreate them but it should be fine

>>More guns, featuring consultant work by Ian from Forgotten Weapons

shit man, why not. All the battlefront DLC guns follow the same theme of space military surplus anyways. Only of the new pistols is literally a luger with a grey cylinder attachment

Ausfag, so i'm 17 hours into your future. Thanks for the stats, you're just-in-time.

Probably going to force choke you to death regardless though.

How much should a roll handle? New to FF SW and I feel I'm making my players roll too often. During a social encounter, I feel I just made them roll too often. Like, maybe I should have made them just do one deception check for all the questions the imperial port guards asked them instead of individually. Any advice?

I tend to downplay dice rolling, especially with hard failure states, because iterative probability is a bitch. I also assume success in checks where they are very likely to succeed without rolls needed. I'm mostly on the far side of that divide though.

I generally try to parse rolls in terms of 'how much story is there per roll'? And 'how often has X rolled, compared to Y'? Not that X needs to roll just as often as Y does - some people are okay not rolling at all and some people really want to be rolling all the time. Just a thing to keep in mind when GMing, and generally fairly easy to work out once you're thinking of it.

>Ausfag, so i'm 17 hours into your future.
that''d do it
>Probably going to force choke you to death regardless though.
good luck getting here, you'll freeze to death before you hit the first marker

I'd like to see more obscure shit, as well as weapons from other time periods get blasterized.
>Owen Gun
>Madsen
>Breda modello 30
>M50 Reising
>AR-18
>M16A2
>Colt Defender shotgun
>Kraut Space Magic G11
>All the funky-looking Italian SMGs from World War II
>These fucking things
My dick would be diamonds.

Bottom right already has potential

I'm telling you, the Bren would make a perfect blaster, you only have to remove the magazine

The P90 would make such a good blaster.

Reminds me how I discovered yesterday that the CR-2 Heavy Blaster Pistol is literally just a Calico with a scope and secondary grip glued onto it.

Compnor are the same as the standard military uniform and ranks with the exception that they have black trousers.

I tend to be lighter on rolls, higher on dialogue and description, some groups do like the roll more dice if they just want to quickly resolve something without as much talking. If a player comes up with a good line of dialogue for a social encounter and I think they've either been convincing enough to see that section through to conclusion, not even gunna roll if its within what I think the character is capable of. At worst I'd probably throw in some decent upgrades or blue dice if the successes and advantage matters for information gathering.
Sometimes when you've got players from a system that needs rolling for everything it can be hard to just 'man, tell me what you want to do before throwing dice!' and knock it out of them, eventually

Slightly longer barrel with a flash suppressor off a bren and an offset scope, loaded with tracers I'd totally plink my way into the space age with a Whitney
>everything I want to do is horribly illegal

Good advice! Been a long time since I GMed and it's been rocky getting back in.

Here is another question. So, in today's session, my group went to a planet to get supplies for their rebel base. They went through some hoops with Imps, but convinced them to let them go. The local authorities, who were made clear to be incompetent.

Three weeks ago, they had stole an imperial prototype in the area and they were warned the sector might be on alert.

Right after they payed bail and were on their way out, a moff flanked by stormtrooper showed up and was all like "we've been searching this area for rebel activity. When I heard last night that rebels were spotted here, I came personally. I disagree with the assertion of the local government that you were just 'people trying to avoid the charge for an inn by impersonating imperials' and I want to interogate you personally."

To explain a little more, they were told there was a curfew and they had two hours to get inside or go to jail. They ended up wasting time and got stuck in an inn charging outrageous prices and threaning to throw them out. So, they used the fact creditnels they were given to invade the base to steal the prototype three weeks ago to trick the guy and get in. Due to them getting threat on a check at port, they were being followed by an imp spy who reported this. This is what made me think a moff would get involved, especially since the project was this moff's pet.

I don't know, did I railroad them with this? I ended there on a cliffhanger. They can totally just run onto the ship, fly off, and try to evade his capital ship. Or go with him and be interrogate. Is it a railroad if both options seem risky as fuck?

For the record, I spent a dark side point before the moff arrived and I had like 7 at the time because the players weren't using them.

Sorry, meant to say because they used them too much too quickly.

On an unrelated note, playing with the idea of writing a /swg/ Holiday Special piece. Good idea or get back to work on existing writefaggotry?

If my game wasn't going on hiatus for the holidays due to it being on Sunday and this year Christmass and New Years are Sundays, I'd do a Life Day special. So, go for it.

As long as its got Hoojibs and Wookies it could be cool

>did I railroad

It really depends on how you framed it. If there was other stuff going on around them that was drawing their attention, and they knew it was risky to use the imperial credentials (and possibly talked about it in character as such) but used them regardless, then had the guy (maybe a moff if you want to show him as a recurring 'hands-on' manager type, a 'shows up and gets shit done' kind of guy, otherwise thise doesn't rate a moff) show up with the stormtroopers in the morning, talk to the innkeeper, who points them at the PCs (giving them an opportunity to book it) then it's fine.

If it was sorta they do some stuff and then without information/explicit options are put in front of a moff and 50 stormtroopers with guns aimed at them, that's probably less good.

Giving players options and having all roads lead to Plot is good, because Plot is exciting, just approached in different ways from different choices. Allowing clever play to give advantages (and quietly upgunning the opposition to take into account this clever play) is good. Giving players info so they can make informed choices is good, as well as 'deduced info', aka things their characters can work out from all the info present that they can see, that they haven't worked out as players because they are getting a verbal description - not the 5-senses extravaganza their characters are experiencing. 'Railroading' is usually just a synonym for 'not good'.

Not-so-coincidentally, I'm working on a Holiday Special one-shot.