Anyone remember that thread back in 2010, where a DM traumatized all his players with a game set under Olympus Mons?

Anyone remember that thread back in 2010, where a DM traumatized all his players with a game set under Olympus Mons?

I do. So have some OC.

WIP, any feedback would be great.

philome.la/Thatonetsungal/ghosts-of-mars

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12130366/
youtube.com/watch?v=XocjG6CmvD8
youtube.com/watch?v=aTYtarHtpxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thanks, OP. I'm gonna give this a play.

Holy shit! I was just thinking about this the other day. Thanks OP, I'll take a look right now.

This was pretty neat, OP. I just died. Right off the bat, a few of the choices seem a little vague, like the option to "enter the cave" or simply "unknown"

I would go back and give a little context, maybe in the description text, or maybe the choice itself contains the context. But I really enjoyed it.

Thanks! A lot of the vagueness was a deliberate stylistic choice, but I think some of it definitely could be a little more clear.

also
There seems to be a missing section after you're given the option to panic when the missing guy appears. After choosing any option it just says double click to edit

Yup. Still very much a work in progress - that'll be added as work continues.

No problem! It certainly works well for the way the narrative is set, so I would keep the general feel of it, but maybe include more description.

Just played through up to the panic/don't panic bit - I don't think it continues any further?

Really enjoyed what you have so far though, keep it up!

neat
Keep working on it, OP; it's pretty good so far.

That was awesome OP
Here is the story if anyone is wondering
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12130366/

Holy fuck, that was amazing. I really really want to do this to my mates now.

This is tight.

I remember the thread and I will try this right now.

Wow, wasn't expexting this to still be alive. Anyone have any thoughts as to what I can improve?

Why is everyone complimenting that game? That was bullshit.

Legit spooked

Yeah, I dunno. It was certainly an amusing read, and all the neat ways the GM messed with his players were interesting. But as interactive fiction, it felt like a bit of a bust. The players had no choice but to roam around the 2spooky tunnels until they died (note how many times the author says something like "it didn't matter" or "it wouldn't have helped"). It was simply a long, drawn-out execution of literally faceless and nameless characters.

What was the video at youtube.com/watch?v=XocjG6CmvD8 ?

I have no idea, sadly. I'm not the DM, nor was I a player, just an interested ca/tg/irl with a creative streak. I reached out to the DM at the email he provided in the thread, but he never responded, so I have no way of knowing any information that he didn't actually tell us in the thread.

Any ways you can think of that I could improve? This is my first thing attempting something like this, so any suggestions you can give would be welcome, and appreciated.

It's probably this, this was seems like a reupload of it
youtube.com/watch?v=aTYtarHtpxo

Ow.

I was criticizing the original story, I haven't played the game yet.

I would just say to have a clear idea in mind of what is going on re: why there are ghosts on mars. You really can't wing it with a CYOA like you can in a live game.

Just finished the original post and, really? he was just making it up completely, so there was no mystery under the mountain? That's kinda lame, so there really WASN'T a way for them to do anything, it was just them wandering tunnels till they died.

I think there's a mistake. When you select "Don't panic" you get to a page that says "Double-click this passage to edit it."

Scratch that, I didn't read the 'WIP'.