What race would suit best for an evil aligned ranger? I have a hard time choosing one for an upcomming campaign

What race would suit best for an evil aligned ranger? I have a hard time choosing one for an upcomming campaign

Pic unrelated.

Gnoll obviously

Human, obviously.

Pitfiend, of course.

Drow, obviously.

Elf, obviously.

Dark elf, obviously.

Dwarf, you retard.

Hobgoblin obviously

Kobold, obviously.

That depends. What's evil about your ranger?
fuck your combo

Kobold, duh.

I'm gonna have to say hobgoblin

Why does race matter? I mean, are we talking fluff or crunch?
I'm guessing this is vanilla DnD 5e, so, if crunch, something like a Variant Human bounty hunter or grimdark wood elf would be good rangers. Fluff wise, they're both cool but a tiefling or halfling would be very interesting.

came here to say hobgoblin

I once played a tiefling ranger under the premise that because of his fiendish blood he had been forced to live in the fringes of the society, living in some small howel at the outskirts of his village, staying out of the sight of decent people. Eventually he just decided to screw it and live innawoods permanently, since he already spent most of his time there (he'd have had to hunt and forage his own food most of the time, since he couldn't really just walk to the market in broad daylight and buy some bread). He wasn't evil, though, just kind of a misanthrope and didn't like being in place with lots of other people.

Ditto, hobgoblin obvious choice.

Human.

If being non-human isn't a necessary part of the character or required mechanically, then answer is always human.

Really halfling is the only option

A Custom race, Obviously.

>What race would suit best for an evil aligned ranger?

Do a Skeleton Ranger.
Skeleton Archers are fuckin' neato.

Ghast obviously. Hunting for food constantly.

Only if he is white :^)