The previous larpthread had a few good conversation so let's continue

The previous larpthread had a few good conversation so let's continue.
And until the conversations starts as usual there will be a pic dump.

previous thread

>Can afford a sword and chainmail.
>Can't afford contact lenses, or even Renaissance-style wire-frame spectacles.

Since OP can't bump his own threads, have one for the road hungrarian.

Thanks

Oh that is some nice prosthetic.

Why is Warhammer cosplay almost always 200% superior in quality to other LARPs?

Dear Hungarian,

plz mur larp pics
am bak of event n need moar fix

ty,
Aunt Sally

that's not a warhammer cosplay, but someone from the undead NPC faction from ConQuest/Mythodea

working on it, although I will have to go in an hour or so

The fuck? But she's got purity seals with one of the vampire symbols on them.

that's the undead faction's symbol in that game. And while in Germany warhammer fantasy is very popular and lots of times people draw inspiration from it it's still not the same as cosplaying a character from warhammer fantasy.

Also, nowdays everyone puts purity seals on everything.

They came from the short yellow bus of Chaos.

Damn I wish I was this cool.

hungarian, how many of these pictures were taken by you? Or do you just collect these?

none that I posted so far was taken by me, although I was at the event where some of these were taken.
I can post pics that I personally made, but those aren't that great as I use a potato as a camera and I'm not a photographer

Fuck man, thats nice
My goal is too make a sweet skaven outfit
Then go to Europe to join in
How friendly are these larps to english speakers?
Do I need to learn german/polish/russian or whatever to join?

depends on the game. There are thousands of different larps, I barely know a few dozen personally.
But yeah some of the games are english friendly

Does anyone play music at these things? Like, does anyone just show up with a fiddle and play as a travelling bard or something?

Hell yeah man, I know at a lot of events I go to music is a pretty big part of group life.
From bards doing musical performances, writing poems about rulers and heroes, and performing plays involving (not politcally rose-tinted) events from earlier LARPs or IC History.

Most of the time bards are pro-patron, so the richer you are the more you have people running around spreading your (musical) propaganda.

it happens, especially on larger events

Post-ap LARP i was at recently had the following:
An (intentionally) terrible dance-band troupe.
A guy with a fully functioning Hurdy gurdy / machinegun combination. He could play it pretty well too.
A group of stranded german mercenaries hosting a short opera about the history of their homeland.
And a guy hosting and DJ-ing synth-raves at the abandoned mining plant that marked the center of the in game settlement.

At my post-apoc larp, we had a guy who threw forest raves every mid-summer
He'd track in all these awesome props and his table and throw a great party. Often hilarious as bandits/monsters would end up raiding the party because of a feud with one of the story team

Wild mutant raids are always fun.

I'm off to bed, if the thread is still up when I get back then I will post more pics

Bumping with a cool helm. What're everyone's favorite styles?

What's a good bronze-colored metal that's not actually bronze?

My favourite larp has like 10% musicians, as well as dancing classes and sometimes contests of poetry.

G R E A T
H
E
L
M

Mine.

Kettle helm, best helm

kettle hat master race

Since this is the closes thing to the usual Arms & Armor thread, /r/ing "normal" helmets you'd expect a militaman/town guard/average soldier to have pls

kettle hats are the stereotypical helmet for this

Yeah that's what I'm leaning to as of now, a kettle hat with a simple steel mask to protect the face.

for militamen you don't need face protection really. If you are a town guard you need clear vision way more than face protection because you aren't going into a war but you want to uphold the peace and law.

Generally every open helmet is good for this but kettle hats are the stereotype as I said.

If you really want some kind of face protection then there are bevors and buffes.
Bevors aren't a complete face protection, they are mostly guards the neck and lower jaw and if your tilt your head forward then maybe more (and if you have a wide brimmed helmet then the two protects nearly everything while still giving you clear vision and breathing space)

Yeah as of now I was thinking a bevor and just giving them some kind of scarf that usually covers the face, making generic spooky intimidating fightman so the only part of the face you can see is the eyes.

the buffe/falling buffe is basically a later bevor. Bevors kind of went out of fashion around late 15th and buffes started to get into fashion.
(the previous pic shows a very bevor, you could argue that it's a buffe. Basically it's a transitional piece)

Buffes go higher but you can "open it down" when it isn't needed and when closed it can give nearly full coverage, depending on a few factors, your milage may vary. example here and on pic

technically speaking scarf around the face and fighting doesn't go along very well. Breathing is way more important than to look spooky. Then again in a fantasy RPG and in novels you can handwave it away and noone would care. If you want it for larp purpose then you better of ditching it.

Also if you want spooky factor then chainmail over the face with a kettle hat can work too

>Breathing is way more important than to look spooky.
Good thing they're already dead then.

>Also if you want spooky factor then chainmail over the face with a kettle hat can work too
Yeah that's what I've got as of now, the main thing is that it's based off Creighton's Steel Mask but I can't get a design I like that looks distinct enough to not look like a blatant ripoff.
I guess I could just copy it since it's a pretty basic looking helmet anyway.

that looks generic fantasy viking dude #43, nothing that you would rip off, only the vikings

also you might want this helmet

Yeah that's what I was thinking, it's hardly a "unique" helmet. I still don't like the idea of basically copying someone else's art though.

That's a bit closer to what I've sketched up so far.

there are also helmets with integrated chainmail at the face part

One of the set of armor I and me we brother made.

I've gotten a design I like and feel is different enough to not be a direct ripoff. But now I gotta ask since this seems to be the right place for historical armor- exposed rivets or no? It's meant to be a somewhat cheap piece of armor.

happened all the times, just make it sure where are the rivets. Look at that helmet for example lots of rivets, but all of them has a purpose.
Your drawing is okay in that aspect so don't worry

Kettle Helmet best helmet.

I somewhat enjoy the look of modern sport fighting helmets