Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1223: VITRIOL-SOAKED ORICALCHUM RECLAMATION CHARIOT Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/B8vSjWtX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can anyone give me some references for
[style]s in /co/co/’s Bizarre Adventures? I'm not quite getting how they Are constructed or what they do, despite having read the majority of what is written so far

Anyone know how Ghost of Jumpers Past from Shaman King works?

So what are your devil tiger anima powers going to be anyways?
Don't be lame and just say a copy of the fiend caste either even if it's very good.

pastebin.com/B8vSjWtX

Power Armor section is done. How's it look, folks?

So, would it be better to be a male channeler for raw power, but a female channeler if you're companion-focused?

Channeler?

Why would you do anything else? It's either that or a raw stat boost. Any cool idea you could come up with is better off as a Charm.

From Wheel of Time.

Is something like a Softcap for attributes possible?

I was personally thinking of being able to attune to any magical material properly.
Not the most powerful, but why should dragon fags get all the attack speed?
I'm waiting for solars to get proper charmshare so missing out on fiend caste isn't a big deal for me.

What is the worst way you've flirted with people and why is it likely something like pic related

Why would you do that? There are probably easier ways to learn Charms from people, and then it stops being useful when you leave Exalted.

That's literally just a one dot artifact. Not that it should matter to an Infernal, since you can just taint any magical material with vitroil to attune to it anyway.

You already get that by being an exalt to a degree. Your maximum ability stat caps are raised to your essence level so getting superbly inhuman stats is doable without any fiddling.

As for whether that's viable as an anima power, I don't know. the others don't seem anywhere near doing that kind of thing and it's something you're supposed to clear with your ST.

You need to add 500sp more to the budget

More or less. Of course that assumes that your other companions are channelers as well.

>For everything else, you receive +1500 Suit Points to spend on all other upgrades. If you wish, you may convert 100 choice points into 100 more Suit Points as many times as you want, but not vice-versa.

>Previously value was +1000

Already did.

Probably lighting things on Fire with a side of bonuses to analyzing your opponents weaknesses.

Asking again but what are the current manga jumps being developed/claimed?

Choose a Jump you've already completed. You lock off your own access to those powers and perks, forming them into a ghost. They are now /your/ ghost and you can use them to form an Oversoul, with abilities based on the perks you just locked off.

They don't gain any extra CP from this process, but you can give them CP out of your own so they can buy perks. You can either keep this "ghost" around as a sub-companion (which keeps the perks and powers locked away), fuse with them again post-jump to unlock your powers (but they cannot buy Mochirei perks at a discount), or turn them into a full Companion post-jump (which, again, keeps your perks locked away).

It is a little confusing to read, I'll admit.

Heavens, it's looking great. Even with 1500 points I'm still going to be biting my nails over what to pick, but I'll make it work.

>Pic related, coupled with a comment about Ba Donk A Donk to a person who had no idea what that even meant. She thought I was trying a new magic spell and demanded to know why I was trying to cast it at her butt.

What's next on the list, companions or items?

>pastebin.com/B8vSjWtX
How good is this? Not too good but this is rich beyond measure. Thanks!

I don't like the vitriol tainted aesthetics to be honest.
I think not having to carry something extra around to use jade bracers cheese is worth the anima banner slot as well.
Unless I decided I really want to get the old twilight soak cheese there's not a lot of other things I really want.
Which is partially why I was asking.

My Devil-Tiger themes are going to be based around classic hard science fiction taken into mythic proportions. So lots of space imagery. I'm thinking that my anima power would be about blurring my position in space as I reach out with a tiny echo of my cosmic expanse. Basically, it would let me count myself as being anywhere within (Essence) meters centered around my actual position for purposes of supernatural effects. Possible uses would be things like entering into the region of a magical effect while being unaffected since I'm considered to be outside it, or extending my reach to let me use Touch-range abilities at a distance. I figure that I might have some charms to modify my anima, too, let me extend the range further.

I'm a fan of using innuendo heavy language to flirt and buffing its effectiveness with charisma, conceptual beauty, and pheromone perks.

What's worst about that? Not a damn thing.

Like I hope that there's an option to turn CP into SP, because even with 1500SP I'm still going to have to make some hard decision about what to leave off my shopping list.

If there's something you're wanting to make, you're better off asking about that directly instead of trying to be sly and make it a surprise.

Jumper's, of all the times you revealed someone's implausible yet accurate background, which was would have made the best episode of Jerry Springer/Maury/Whatever?

>Hey, Negi, guess what?
>You're incapable of fathering children.
>And as far as anyone is willing to admit, you never score.
>Also, for whatever reason, the doctors trying to get around this used Asuna's DNA as the other half of your kid.
>But you don't even get to raise him, because you caught the same thing your dad did
>Evangeline had to raise the kid instead, and she's lucky she's not glued to the school at that point
>She's also lucky that your son is the reason she's into Springfields in the first place, apparently.
>Did I mention that, of all the girls after your son's junk, Evangeline is winning.

Are you sure the powers remain locked away post jump? That seems a little...weird.

It's right at the top. It's a 100:100 conversion.

What a stupid sounding plot.

They appear to just be anime combat techniques with posing being an inherent part of things instead of stylistic

Stray Cat Struttin' looks a lot like that technique that the guy from one piece uses, Captain Kuro's cat out of the bag technique

Knuckles' styles are flight and electricity generation
Johnny's style is just an attack reflection

So just write 'em like any other basic unique anime ability

Don't want to claim anything because I'll either never do it, not finish it, or never post it because it would be shit.

Ah, so it is. I missed it because it was part of a paragraph instead of its own separate item. I figured it would be in the general items section, that's usually where that sort of point conversion for use on a sub-table goes. Well, whatever, that doesn't matter. Point is, I might just be able to buy everything I want. Excellent.

That was the way it was the last time I heard anything on the issue and the option itself seems to back that up. Admittedly, it is a little weird unless you want to turn a silver of yourself into a Companion. I don't know that I've seen anyone pick it.

Well, I haven't done it yet, but eventually I'm going to offer someone a bouquet of the Hell Flowers from the Infernals jump.

I'm basically altering these off of cannon ones. Let me know if they are OP and tell me if you can think of a way to bring them in line .

Inherent- Child of the Forgefather
the " I haven't thought of it yet"always adds his Essence in automatic successes to Crafting rolls.

Active-Juxtaposition shattered by infernal hammers
at the cost of 10 motes
opponents targeting the " I haven't thought of it yet" lose dice equal to his essence As strange geometries unfurl around him , Altering the path of Their strikes in impossible ways

Iconic- Power-unfires of the void Forge
sort of something like The general effect of Fire Caste Anima Banners only more so and without a specific type of damage.

Then please stop asking, because you're giving everyone the wrong idea.

I get the feeling you don't like UQ Holder.

Oh. It's you again. In that case, wait a couple of days and then just post a general question about WIPs. Alternately if there's something you're interested in, ask if someone is working on that and see if you can generate interest. Just don't be obnoxious about it.

And again, don't keep beating this drum.

thanks Digger that Should help, now I figure out how to do that for Pam Poovey, Maybe something that makes her strikes Harder to dodge .

To be fair, it's less dumb than I'm making it sound. Not much less dumb, but there's a logical chain of thought for most of it.

>Did I mention that, of all the girls after your son's junk, Evangeline is winning.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Yeah, she's not hard to look at at all.

Yoro got it pretty much spot on. A minor addition, if you do make them a companion, then they do get discounts.

Powers locked away = made into a companion = discounts on mochirei perks
Powers not lost = fused back together = no discounts.

While I don't think it's too bad, there's no real way that plot's happening on my watch given how long it takes place after the Negima jump and what I plan on doing there.

I'm still waiting to see how this ends up, but they'd need a much better reason than I've seen so far. There's plenty of comics where some person from a shitty future gets to move to the main one after averting it.

I want a UQ holder jump for the sole reason that she looks too young in the Negima.

You realize she's perfectly capable of looking like that in Negima too?

It's more for the shock value, both on Negi's end as well as Evangeline being confronted with the idea that she's robbing the cradle so hard the poor boy hasn't even been born yet.

So why do you sometimes post as Blade and other times as Cthulhu?

I know but it feels weird, she is a middle school student regardless of her true age.

okay how does this look for a style?

Pam's style
[style]catch number 22
this style is based around exploiting the differences between oneself and one's opponent
if opponent is stronger than her She becomes quicker and more evasive and they find themselves tiring quicker,if she is stronger than her opponent She becomes more durable and gains additional strength at the cost of speed and evasion

Well that's still true in UQ. She's just able to keep the illusion of her older self in place permanently without Scholastic Hell sealing her magic.

>UQ
What's that?

So, how did you deal with it the last time you took a no outside powers drawback? Did you hide in your house, avoiding all stairs? Did you adventure anyway, because you're confident in your skills? Did you also take an amnesia drawback, so you didn't really notice?

Because he still thinks we don't know and still believes people besides the shitposter actually care /where/ he's from instead of /what/ he does.

Sequel to Negima, I stopped reading a while ago but I believe it is about a group of immortals including Negi's grandson.

>So, how did you deal with it the last time you took a no outside powers drawback?

I didn't. You have to be literally retarded to take one of those, or at least one of those that fully seals them away (or something like Overlord, where you're made top-tier right off the bat).

I only take those when the in setting options are sufficient to ensure my survival.

proper paranoia,building Smarter not harder,several millennia of Actual combat experience and training, rather than just relying on perks, the help of my friends and planning ,planning, planning. plus I still had my driver belt since kamen rider Equipment was not included in the Nerf

To prevent THAT from being brought up every time I made a post.

>Already did.

Okay then, what about changing the point transfer from a 1:1 to 1:2 because everything is so expensive

Negima's stealth sequel. It's conflict between immortals and how it sucks when you've got the kind that lets you feel what it's like to be run through a blender. And why it really sucks to be a male lead in a harem anime when your bloodline's cursed.

Also, a bunch of girls want Negi's son's dick, to no one's surprise.

You mean your lewd jump? No one gives a shit if you don't mention it here. People generally aren't going to bring it up unless it's the resident troll trying to bait you.

He only posts as Cthulhu here when yelling at the one moron who likes to post his QQ jump here in the thread.

I took it in Doom.txt since it was so early in my chain.
Hitscan is a bitch, but since that jump is literally the game and I know it front to back, baiting out the zombies wasn't too tough.
Since there's a perk to remove fall damage, stairs were thankfully a non issue.

I bailed after Doom 2. Plutonia is for greater men than I.

Why do you keep bringing it up?

Just kidding, I know why. As an attack.

By riding Strong Fate like a pony into the sunset.

I take those all the time. Basically free points considering how I like to operate anyways. Admittedly, it's a little scary knowing that all my "Oh Shit!" powers aren't there for when things go south. I do tend to be a bit more cautious out of necessity, but once my in-universe powers are trained to a certain point, I stop worrying about things so much.

The last time I took one was in Shaman King, where I took Singular Reincarnation and An Army of Me, Myself, and I. Considering I had very little interest in the plot and much of the world was otherwise normal, it was actually a fun Jump. We did a Road Trip episode for the Coordinator. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be exciting enough for him, but he seemed to think we'd earned a small vacation.

Befriending all my alternate selves was a lot more of a hassle than I expected it to be, but there are some fun memories tucked in there. Saving Ramna 1/2 Yoro from the harem that he had unintentionally gathered was a barrel of laughs, and having a literal seduction-off with Fallout Yoro was... interesting. Most of the rest demanded a good, old-fashioned duel before they were willing to submit, but even those weren't deadly serious affairs.

Except for Imawabi No Dakini Yoro. He was nothing but a blood-drenched monster that needed to be put down. A real slap in the face for me considering I thought I had been mostly helping people during those ten years.

Well, I did some stuff and I'd like some opinions on it so far.

Changelog:
>Fuck if I know. A bunch of stuff.

You might be confusing me with someone else. I asked about WIP manga Jumps at the end of the last thread and because of that I'd thought I ask again at the beginning of this thread. This is the first time I'm asking about this stuff.

I was going to challenge Domon to a fist fight but I got so nervous that I stuttered and nervously laughed. He accepted it anyway, though.

you have good taste in husbandos

It's honestly pretty pointless to ask about specific WIP categories, given that jumpmakers come from all different timezones, and most of them only glance through the thread. A guy working on a manga IP probably will even see your question.

No fucking idea.
Justice's themes are primarily based around Love, Justice, Redemption, Crafting, Punching people in the face, etc.
Gamer's themes are Minions, Summoning, Buffs, Ego
Tiger's Themes are Kingship, Fighting, Weaponscrafting, Black Steel(custom MM), Reverence

I have no idea how to turn those ideas into an Anima power. Charms? Sure I've got ideas, but nothing for Anima powers.

Also, I'mma need tosses so I can roll for Tiger's first actual jump.

thanks, domon kasshu is 100% husband material and i love him

Will Gamer be going to Gamer?

>You went with only 1 1000cp option each.
Dammit. . .

Maybe if a good jump of it is ever made.

You know about BLADE's new version, right?

He said a good version, user.

It is much better than the older one but it still has some issues.

>Unless I've missed anything?

That after you've told them any of this, Simurgh will see their possible future reactions - even those of precogs to a limited extent - and escalate accordingly.

That while Scion is generally oblivious/uncaring of what the talking sacks of meat do, per his Interlude in canon he is still capable of easily monitoring dimensional/parahuman/endbringer activity planet-wide and will notice if the Simurgh majorly escalates. You don't want him investigating why.

TLDR: unless you have something even better up your sleeve, your first major deviation from canon needs to involve taking the Simurgh out of play without setting off Zion. This allows Contessa to begin escaping the Simurgh's "Worthy Opponents" Xanatos Gambit. Then you can free Dragon (but do NOT unlock her ability to seed multiple instances, those WILL ping Zion's threat sense), sort out Eidolon (you have somewhere between one and three months), etc.

Well, I haven't made up my mind, yet.

Top three things wrong with it?

Feel like it would have been better with each origin having 2 1000 cp perks. Maybe fold some of the 400+600 general perks into lines missing them like Half bBood. Faustian Flip would work well with Dabbler, and Thirteen would fit Half-Blood. Talking is a Free Action also goes with Naturals, since they have the biggest emphasis on magic.

Care to post it here? I've heard a lot about it, but haven't actually seen it.

So who were you basing Half Bloods and Dimension Lords after? I was leaning that way, thinking of going for a Diana / WW build, but now I'm not so sure.

Jump looks great, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

Weird Wild West.
Wii Sports Resort
Xena and Hercules
Van Helsing
Tropico
Tomb Raider
Touhou Project
Jumper's Choice.

It's too early in its run to gauge where it's going to be as a story. That's the biggest issue. There's no idea of where it's going, what the power level will look like, or how things will shake out.

I get people want the gamer power, I guess, but the jump shouldn't be made for a while yet so the story can shake out more.

The first ability will, for 3 motes, be a sort of pale-blue St. Elmo's Fire that blossoms outwards to illuminate anything within (Permanent Essence x 10) yards, which provides (Essence) automatic successes to understanding it by forming into equations and glyphs that explain its' innate purpose. Especially useful for otherwise harmful eldritch lore.

The second costs 10 motes, and will cause that pale flame to surge over and through an entity to allow it to ignore a specific part of its' innate nature, conditional on continued obedience to the Messenger. The freezing essence does not permit anything that enhances innate capability, only something that "unhinges" part of an innate nature. A tortoise could learn to walk on air, but never to fly. A god could survive the loss of their purview, but not suddenly become an Incarnae. A spiral warrior could retain his prowess over milennia, but never evolve further. This ability can also be used on a magical working or closed system (like an AI) so that whatever its' other effects, it consecrates whatever its' target or scope of influence with the Devil-Tiger's influence. Making it both a valid arcane link between itself and its' origin for the Devil-Tiger to exploit, and making it easier to be used in worship or thaumaturgy aligned to them.

Finally, the Messenger's documents are always automatically filled in psychic paper-style whenever his anima flares near them, as it automatically sears the appropriate information into the blanks. In a foreign institution their documentation is appropriate for an outside party perceived as holding a position of authority, comparable to a visiting dignitary. The Devil-Tiger will never fill in a tax form incorrectly for the rest of his life.

Yep.

Um, is there any reason not to take Collector if you go Dabbler? Everything else has a price but that's a free item budget.

I should hate you because Domon/Rain us the best thing ever.
But I don't.

Go forth young jumper and acquire the Burning Finger. Well, not the burning one but you know what I mean.

1. The series has enough material to make a jump but there will likely be a lot more to come, the jump will probably need major updates in the future.

2. The way the gamer power is done is weird, you have chopped up one power into parts that are sold separately.

The gamer origin is also odd, there is an origin based on having the gamer power sacrificing everything else while still making it very difficult to get the whole power even as that origin.

3. The above two are my only major complaints, other issues I have with the aren't particularly significant.

Rolled 8 (1d8)

Yeah sure why not.

1.Wierd Wild West
2.Wii Sports Resort
3.Xena and Hercules
4.Van Helsing
5.Tropico
6.Tomb Raider
7.Touhou Project
8.Jumper's Choice

Gonna need a replacement for the used one

Charles Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden.

Considering it hasn't even been released for Veeky Forums you should probably hold your horses there. Good is also a bit subjective anyways.

I think it's good. Most of the complaints I've heard boil down to it being from spacebattles, dislike of the setting and distrust that parts of the jump have canonical basis. Of course the guy complaining about it not being canon did admit that he hadn't read it. So... yeah. Other people were worried that it was too soon to make a jump of it because there might be more information coming up later in the series.

The full Gamer power (that let's be honest every fan of the series desperately wants) costs a total of 1500 points with discounts, requires you to give take a dedicated origin that has no other discounts, and has a major mandatory drawback that is a full stop deal breaker for many jumpers.

>Feel like it would have been better with each origin having 2 1000 cp perks.
Well, it seems like multiple people want that, so I guess I will.

>Maybe fold some of the 400+600 general perks into lines missing them like Half bBood
I am actually planning on doing that. If I'm being completely honest, I just got tired of working on the jump for today and thought I'd go ahead and post it for comments on the progress so far.

>Half Bloods
The origin as a whole is actually based on a lot of different characters and part of it goes back to before it was split and the Half-Blood origin drew a lot from WW.

>Dimension Lords
From Amethyst, specifically and the numerous characters who have some type of dimension they rule over more generally.

Not as it is now, no. I may change it later, but I feel like Dabbler will probably get taken less than the others as it is now, so I was trying to see about how to better balance it.