Have you ever seen foxgirls/boys played well in an RPG?

Have you ever seen foxgirls/boys played well in an RPG?

No, however I have occasionally considered attempting to do so myself.

Then I crush that feeling like the disgusting fucking trash it is.

>2014, pathfinder
>playing a kitsune ninja
>she has a massive psycho-crush on the party cleric/leader
>ended up playing a blushing yandere 'touch my cleric and I disembowel you" anime girl
overall, I think she was a good character

I've legitimately never seen one played badly. A few decent ones, a few mediocre ones, and I have a friend who just loves playing kemonomimi's of all types and generally knocks it out of the park. He's also responsible for the rapid increase in the number of cute foxgirls/boys in my image folders.

I'm going to have to say no but I pin this on bad roleplayers that enjoy anime tropes and not foxpeople or other related creatures being inherently bad. One player I know has played a foxman and a birdwoman both quite well.

An NPC faction I have recurring in several of my campaigns are cat/foxgirls who run an MS-13 styled mafia. Genuinely tried to hit the weeaboo tropes and specifically subvert them. For instance, the trope is it's only catgirls and rarely catboys you see in things, so the organization is chock full of misandry (think the italian mafia but genderswapped). Cats play with their kills, so that manifests in decapitations/stringing up bodies/other grisly cartel shit. Foxes are often tricksters, so they will attempt to play to people's stereotypical expectations of a cute foxgirl before having another one come up behind you and blow your head off (actually resulted in a PC kill, once). Try to keep them from doing overly cute shit unless playing somebody for a sucker. They are not good people.

Plus, for anyone in my campaign that hates weeb shit, they find themselves in conflict with this group quite often. Instituting them as an enemy really ended up pleasing everybody.

nope
they either forget completely about their ears and tails or go full furry retarded

>Pathfinder
Why is it always kitsune with Pathfinder?

Honestly asking here, how would you do it? Because the only way to ever include kemonomimi race is to make them an antagonistic race or a slave race. Anything else and why bother with kemonomimi, just use humans.

I think it's something to do with PF's strange relationship with the Furry community. Which is part of why PF Kitsune are anthro-foxpeople, despite that being less historically accurate than the standard anime sort.

That seems like a rather bizarre baseless assertion.

Is this /pfg/'s fault?

No, it's not. Or rather, all of them should be that, people playing them s anything else do not bring anything to the table with cat ears.

Kemonomimi are inherently a race made for slavery fetish, they're based on domesticated animals, after all. If you wanna play anything else, play a human barbarian with a headband he made of ears of beast he slaughtered, for example.

is right, if you don't play up animal stereotypes and don't act crushing/submissive to party, you're not playing kemonomimi right.

Holy shit, guy.
The whole fucking point of animal ears is simplification of the character, though. It wasn't intended to be a slavery fetish. A kemonomimi is a person with certain traits, matching the animal. It was always like that. A guy created a modern catgirl in fucking 20's of the last century with that concept and It rarely ever deviated into anything else. So doggirls' default mode is "loyal and somewhat dumb", catgirls have the "cat instinct" shtick and so on. The point is that no matter how complex the character actually is, It never becomes unpredictable like an ordinary person can be. A kemonomimi's always winning trait is his [animal] shtick.
The fetish is attractive because It's not only a moe anthropomorphism but is also creates a girl that's simple to understand. It's all about that.
AND GUESS what. Foxgirls fetish logic operates differently since their origin is mythology based and can't be just lumped into the standard animal_ears bullshit.

I hate myself

>The whole fucking point of animal ears is simplification of the character, though.
Yes, that's right. Kemonomimi should never be complex characters. Personally, playing pathfinder or 5e, it's good for DM to limit their intelligence and wisdom to around 6-8 to reflect that.

However, slavery follows organically from that. Animal-eared people should be naturally submissive and eager to please, because that's how their base animals are.

My fucking god just stop you creepy motherfucker.

Yes, cats are totally submissive and nonthreatening pets that do everything you tell them.

Fucking idiot.

It's not creepy. It's natural. Would you rather want submissive catgirl waifu or ? I know there are people who would like the latter, but for me it's submissive catgirl waifu.

And they will never have the same depth of character as humans anyway, so at least they should be pleasing in other ways.

Catgirls however ar slightly more smarter and so can appreciate love and care her master gives her.

Yeah you can get out of here with your african slave trade propaganda

>itt: people respond to obvious bait

>never have the same depth of character as humans
>I'm a shit roleplayer and everyone else roleplays worse than me
Yeah, whatever.

It's not the same. Africans, /pol/ memes aside, are human.

Kemonomimi are fundamentally non-human species, and so they cannot be thought of the same. They have psychological differences (animal behavior, submissiveness) that differentiate them. If you play a kemonomimi without these traits, you're just playing a human in a headband.

Yes.

>animal ears somehow makes them submussive
Since when are foxes submissive? I've never met a submissive fox, they're wild creatures known for cleverness, which can be friendly at best; keep your magical realm to yourself lad. The point the guy you're responding to just made is that fox girls have mythological origin, and can be portrayed with the tropes from their folklore in mind as a result. They can be the servants of a specific local deity, or capricious tricksters or a master of illusions and manipulation. They can demand payment and tribute for their assistance or even just to appease them. They can hide their fox nature and seduce a man, and with the Korean stories in mind, stealthily murder them and take their livers. Their morality varies and as characters they fall all over the spectrum so some are even portrayed as naive. Societies tend to be wary of them for their varied nature and their unhuman morality. There's a shit ton more than generic submissive animu girl in the range of possibilities.

>There's a shit ton more than generic submissive animu girl in the range of possibilities.

You can also play technologically advanced, fishlike elf with slimy tentacles, but will it be an elf?

Kemonomimi species invoke certain tropes. if you don't like them, don't use them or go straight furry or beastman, who CAN have a wider range of characters.

But it's been already pointed out that your asserted traits for 'mimi characters are objectively incorrect.

You're inventing these 'tropes' out of your ass, faggot.

Do a quick google search for the words "Kitsune", "Huli jing", "Kumiho" please. What I'm talking about aren't modern moe characters, but are still fox girls. If you were to play a fox girl, you don't have to stick to those anime tropes, not because you're acting outside the races normal tropes, but because you're actually acknowledging that the concept of a fox girl has an older origin in Asian folk tales and is far broader than you realize.

>Kemonomimi species invoke certain tropes.

and the purpose of tropes is to be subverted, deconstructed, reconstructed and lampshaded

Nope.
Anime, games, subversions like , every quest dealing with kemonomimi, monster girls, they all have the same set of tropes.

Again, there's nothing wrong with shallow anime stereotypes, but you shouldn't use kemonomimi as anything but those stereotypes. it's unnatural and confusing.

>I have no working brain neurons

Well, that's that, then.

Hey, handler typing all this for him, go ahead and put the babby to bed for us, its waaay past his naptime.

>i have no counterarguments
welp, not gonna bother further.

That fucking implied you had one in the first place, you raging faggot.

>Hurdur, everything should be as I say it!

Fuck right off. Last (you) for you.

>they all have the same set of tropes
citation fucking needed

>you shouldn't use kemonomimi as anything but those stereotypes. it's unnatural and confusing.

"unnatural"? Are you serious? Is it "unnatural" to you when any piece of fantasy diverges from your preconception of mythic creatures?

Because that's a sign you have unresolved issues.

>Is it "unnatural" to you when any piece of fantasy diverges from your preconception of mythic creatures?

Not mine, but widely accepted ones.

And i'm not sure why everyone is so angry. It's not like i'm saying you can't have animal-inspired races, i'm just saying that kemonomimi are good for one thing only, and you shouldn't shove them where they look unnatural.

Because you're a troll making baseless assertions in order to get people to react to them.

What part of a 'Being a cat' is submissive? Heck, MOST animals are not submissive.

Did you miss the part in where he points out that while each type has some tropes, they vary by type and fox girls existed long before the concept of a cat girl or dog girl and picked up ideas from a much older period as a result, so the tropes are often far outside of your anime comfort zone?

And he's a highly successful troll, since you keep responding.

>And i'm not sure why everyone is so angry. It's not like i'm saying you can't have animal-inspired races, i'm just saying that kemonomimi are good for one thing only

We are angry because despite counterargument you would prefer to insult us than consider this argument is wrong

Kitsune in PF canon are furry foxpeople. In japanese stories they are foxes who can shapeshift into humans, not kemonomimi.

Kitsune should not be equated to kemonomimi, they are a different thing, more like japanese fae, and thus they can have differing characterization.

>they can have differing characterization.

ACKCHERLY they cannot, that is Unnatural and Confusing

Somebody say Kitsune!?

>halving a character's intelligence just to fulfill your slavery fetish
wew lad

>it's unnatural and confusing.
i can't imagine what kind of trauma ebin subversions like fungus elves do to you
that's fucking hilarious

Hey, i'm not saying i'll JUST reduce some stats.

Kemonomimi all will have a bonus to charisma.

>i can't imagine what kind of trauma ebin subversions like fungus elves do to you
i'll just not play with DM Like that. It's clear he can't do a good story without inserting some cheap shock factor.

The point is that fox girl can be played as a traditional Kitsune in personality(the word literally just means fox) and with that you have quite a lot of breathing room. You could physically be a fox eared human and have the personality of the mythical creature (they even depict mythical kitsune like that in anime); you don't even have to be a magic user for that. If you can't imagine it being pulled off I wouldn't want you anywhere near my roleplaying group because it'd have given you a heart attack.
Also, who always confines themselves strictly to the lore with these things? Do you not like it when GMs do world building and don't go by the book with it, even if they could make a more interesting campaign?

On another note it makes no sense to lower a fox-girls Int: "clever as a fox" is a phrase for a reason.

>shock factor
That's the thing: to anyone with an imagination, there's no shock factor at seeing things defy or subvert a trope. Roleplaying characters aren't necessarily defined by their race's tropes much more than people are, and there are more ideas about fantasy and myth than any one system can hold, so GMs can always go outside the box for cool things to prevent themselves from becoming trapped like you.

>Do you not like it when GMs do world building and don't go by the book with it, even if they could make a more interesting campaign?

It does not make a more interesting campaign

It is UNNATURAL AND CONFUSING

No

Furries are trash RPs

This is my favorite new meme.

I could never see the appeal of catgirls, or foxgirls. Or just anime girl with with animal ears and tails.

I'd honestly just play something full furry so I can at least mess about with the unique biology. Making a wolfman or werewolf howl at the night seems much more appropriate than a pasty waif going 'awoo'.

You are literally the most close-minded person I have seen in a long time. Why are you letting your own opinions restrict you so much? With a mindset like yours, I have no idea how you can roleplay anything, especially fantasy.

is not me though. He's just trying to meme me.

and as shows, other people cannot see kemonomimi as anything other but set of tropes too. So it's a race you either don't use at all or use within confines of these tropes.

>You are literally the most close-minded person I have seen in a long time. Why are you letting your own opinions restrict you so much? With a mindset like yours, I have no idea how you can roleplay anything, especially fantasy.

>other people are unimaginative too so it's okay for me to be like this
To paraphrase another user, you're retarded your family tree must be a square. Everything says applies to you. You are the meme.

>deuman kitsune
Who thought of this?

no. foxes are sort of japan's version of elves though, so there's that.

Excuse me, even though you say this, foxes are AKCHERLY adherent to a specific set of tropes.

You are being unnatural and confusing.

I play one right now in Shadowrun.

The ears and tail are cyberware, but that counts, to my mind.
She goes 'Nyah' a lot, because foxes go 'Nyah', and she is a fox.
She is also an idiot because INT and LOG were dump stats to get more points for swords and guns.

Hey, my old cat was relatively docile and obedient, for a cat. He came when called, followed along on walks, and only attacked me sometimes.
Other cats? Small dogs? People trying to stop him murdering their cats? Vicious bastard.
But to me, he was the fluffiest best cat ever, helped by the fact that he was more than twice the size of most ordinary cats.
Norwegian Forest Cats are the fucking best cats.

And now this thread is a great excuse to post kemonomimi.

Including the foxgirl in question, nyah!

The pic was one I got a friend to draw of the character, for the sake of character art and 'OMGs I need to eat pay me to draw stuff'.

Of course, I also play/write in a forum RP where kemonomimi are a major part of the setting, as the setting discriminates heavily against them and the PC factions are trying to free them.

Mostly, I just like fluffy tail and fluffy ears.

Don't mind if I do.

This came from a drawthread; she was my Shadowrun ninja Valley Girl bundle of cheer and cute (facial expression here notwithstanding).

It was a very Pink Mohawk game set in LA where we were reality trid stars...and yet had some really really serious stuff we'd find here and there (e.g., a fetish club whose owner was possessed and was using the club as a front to raise shadow spirits for the Black Lodge).

She looks inbred...and melting.
Someone got paid for that?

>as the setting discriminates heavily against them
How dull and uninspired

>Someone got paid for that?
For , yes. The 'melting' effect comes from her legs also being cyberware.
As I said, the artist is my friend, and was offering cheap art.

Well, the interesting bit comes in when someone's set up an Underground Railroad to get them out the country.

Pink Mohawk best mohawk.
My foxgirl IS a reality trid star, if a minor one. She's a trid vlogger, with a trait to account for that.
She also has Uncouth, to represent the 'Nyah' verbal tic and her lack of sense of when to keep her mouth shut, too. Although we often get rewarded for her impulsive outbursts, oddly enough.

this desu.

"b-but they're discriminated", "b-but they're wild barbarians" and "b-but they're evil" are three most uninspired beastfolk tropes, on par with what "unnatural and confusing"-user was sperging about.

Yes, but I'm trying to make a point about slavery and racism.
And it's set in Japan. The Japanese are racist as fuck anyway.

>The 'melting' effect comes from her legs also being cyberware
Okay, but what does that have to do with her chin and general lower face melting into her neck?
>Well, the interesting bit comes in when someone's set up an Underground Railroad to get them out the country
No, not really. That's bog standard tripe that's played out as all hell.

>I'm trying to make a point about slavery and racism.
God, I hate it when faggots try to inject their politics into games and turn a campaign into some propagandist aesop

>Okay, but what does that have to do with her chin and general lower face melting into her neck?
Did I not mention 'cheap art'? You get what you pay for, and I can't justify spending £100+ on a professional artist.
£10 for a friend who does art to make ends meet around their job? Sure.

I would love something like pic related, but that's a fucking £150 pricetag because the artist draws for a fucking living.

I don't care what you're whining about now, I just love how you killed this thread with enthusiastic endorsement of it.

>Dat ear-piercing needle thing.
That shit has to hurt like a bitch.

No, your shitty 'tropes are universally bad' contrarianism killed it.

I didn't say tropes are universally bad, just that specific one is universally boring because it's always the same with the same end result no matter what.

I'm not calling for catgirls to be grimderp edgelords, I'm just saying that having a selected race of any sort be the designated dindus that everyone else hates for nonspecific reasons is lazy and boring.

>tfw your catpeople race is neither fetishbait, nor oppressed dindus, nor retarded naturefags

This thread is dumb, but it fills me with hope.

Don't worry, they're probably even shittier since you're so afraid to share with the class.

Actually, PF kitsune are anthro foxes because in the original myths, that *was* their true form (at least if you include "foxes that walk on their hind legs and wear clothes and use tools" as "anthro") - the "human with ears & tail" look is a modern anime invention.

Since this is the Veeky Forums kitsune thread, I was curious; would you call this a balanced writeup of the race for 5e D&D?

Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Intelligence
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision
Foxfire: You know the Friends and Dancing Lights cantrips, which you can cast with Charisma. At 3rd level, you can cast Firebolt with this trait as a 1st level spell once per long rest, again using Charisma as your casting ability score.
Trickster’s Guile: You have Advantage on Charisma (Deception) checks.

Optional Trait: Hengeyokai
You belong to a race of magical beasts that can assume partially or wholly humanoid form, as well as revert to your true bestial shape when it suits you. As an action, you can shift into any one of your three forms.

In your Human Form, you gain Advantage on all Charisma (Deception) checks made to pass yourself off as human.

In your beast form, which is determined by your race, your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but retaining your alignment, personality, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the beast; if you and the beast have the same proficiency and the beast’s bonus is higher than yours, you use the beast’s bonus. You retain your hit dice, hit points, and the ability to speak and cast spells in beast form.

What's a deuman?

>that *was* their true form
No it wasn't. Kitsune were shapeshifting foxes that assumed human forms, but their real forms were still those of regular foxes (thought with multiple tails as determined by their age and power). PF kitsunes are just literally furries. Even the Chinese variation (huli jing), which are assumed to be the origin of Kitsune, were never depicted as anthropomorphic foxes. Only Kumiho are ever described as being half-human, half-fox and even then rarely, more often being more akin to modern kemomimi by having a single fox-like element to their human appearance (the ears or tails).

Race of mutated humans from the Phantasy Star franchise.

Are they really deuman though?

>tfw usually play cleric
>first character was a cleric that ended up marrying a kitsune
>now have a thing for shipping clerics with kitsune wives
Shame I haven't found any doujins related to the subject.

Probably because it's an official race. It's less kemonomimi animu girl and more straight up furry, but it doesn't stop weebs from playing them as an anime fox girls.

kemonomimi thread? kemonomimi thread.

>only posting dudes
Gay desu senpai

There's nothing wrong with liking qt catbois, my friend

Why is he making llamas with his hands?

Does the optional trait replace anything or is it just an addition players may choose to up the fun? It doesn't stop any charisma focused race from being useful, I'm a bit iffy on allowing two cantrips but friends is situational and can blow up in a players face if used wrong. Dancing lights can also be used in interesting ways other than illuminate stuff since 5e hands darkvision out like candy. I'd switch advantage on deception to gaining it as a skill.

>pale skin
>gray hair
>horns
>heterochromia
Yeah, I'm pretty certain that the kitsune in OPs image is based on deuman.

No, this is a deuman.