Why do people still play Tarmogoyf when they can play this much better card instead?

Why do people still play Tarmogoyf when they can play this much better card instead?

Maybe because Tarmogoyf doesn't cost 3GG you fucking retard.

You can't play Standard with Goyfs. Standard is the flagship format to play with. Don't forget to buy your Kaladesh Bundle, it's a wonderful set. You'll even get a chance to pull an ultra-rare masterpiece

Go home Wizard's, you're drunk
It is a fun set though

Why are gearhulks mythic?

Aren't mythics supposed to be cards with big, complex mechanics?

The most complex Gearhulk is the Combustible one, and even it is the most brainless thing to simply drop and go in the set.

Marionette Master is more complex than this thing, fuck.

>

Because on turn two you can have something with 2 less power that you can win the game with. Why give your opponent 3-4 more cards to find the answer to your win condition

No. The Mythic rarity is for controlng limited and make chase cards.

because people are god fearing christians

>controlling limited
>with cards that are rarely seen
Explain.

Not that user, but
while many mythics are ass in Constructed, they're generally the best Limited bombs or removal.
Essentially, it's a way of padding out the use for the chaff mythics that aren't worth pulling.

Except that doesn't make sense. If the mythic rarity is for constructed cards, and they're bombs, I don't see that being 'padding' for limited

Mythic rarity has nothing to do with limited balance. Limited balance is dictated by the relative balance of each colour against each other, not each rarity. Just look at cubes, power levels can be through the roof but everyone enjoys drafting them. Mythic rarity is about chase cards, that's all. Wizards claims it takes 2 years for a set to be developed. Do you know how long mythic rares had been out before Lotus Cobra was printed? 2 years.

Because, and if this is too hard for you to understand I apologize, that card is five mana. Five mana is almost impossible to play in a format where games end in three turn, like Modern.

You seem to miss the point that cubes contain cards printed pre-NWO. Divining Top was an unconmon on first printing. Think about that for a second.

Goyf costs much less in CMC and at a certain point can be beating you down hard that by the time Verdurous Gearhulk comes out you're already low or dead. Don't get me wrong though I like Verdurous Gearhulk

Because Red and black are the only skillful colors.

Green is just mindless beatdown, blue is just objection.dek, and white is just small creatures with OP abilities.

Blue takes skull too. Even white takes some skill.

Green is the only completely brainless color.

green being the brainless color is why i love it so much

pay lots of mana, get big fat creatures, hope they don't die/get countered before they can get some beats in

but i also like janky combos that allow me to get big fatties in interesting ways

just call me Jimmy

They used to be. But after Lotus Cobra (it took WOTC all of two sets to outright break their promise about Mythics) Mythic Rares started becoming more and more a list of Standard playables and less about stuff like Hellkite Overlord and Empyrial Archangel. Sure we still get the over costed 6-9 mana spell at mythic for the timmies but shit like Avacyn and Grim Flayer are now the norm, not the exception.

Because decks have 60 cards, not 4.

This is one of those cards that should be amazing, but are way less good in reality than they deserve to be.

Mythic rarity has always been a naked cash grab.

>8/8 trample for 5 mana
wizards doesnt even try to make green cretures balanced anymore do they.
its not even worht getting outraged anymore.
its just sad at this point.
also, why the fuck does green have an artifact creature.

im glad i quit that faggot game 10 years ago

It's worse than that:
>kalonian hydra out
>play this fuck
>suddenly the gearhulk is a 10/10
or
>4 creatures get 2 +1/+1 counters
or
>kalonian hydra is a 16/16
or
>motherfucking heroes' bane is now a 32/32

Yeah but that doesn't happen in any format

These days, instead of appealing to the hardcore strategy gamer crowd, WoTC finds it more profitable to market to the stupid little Pokémon kids and scumbaggy buyout-obsessed Yugioh thugs.

Exactly. The Yugioh thugs buy out cards which makes them more expensive, which in turn wants the Pokémon kids to buy more packs in order to pull expensive cards. It's the perfect storm!

>I don't see that being 'padding' for limited
WotC aren't allowed to talk about marketing openly, even when it's obvious.

5-10 mythics per set are garbage in Constructed.
They exist to increase the number of packs you need to open to get good mythics.
But their official "reason" for existing is to make Limited more exciting.

Cubes don't use card rarity to weight card frequency. Think about that for a second.

What the fuck are you talking about