The BBEG is Teddy Roosevelt with all the powers and physical abilities as portrayed in all of his political cartoon...

>the BBEG is Teddy Roosevelt with all the powers and physical abilities as portrayed in all of his political cartoon appearances.

How fucked is your party?

>with all the powers and physical abilities as portrayed in all of his political cartoon appearances.
>all of his political cartoon appearances.
>all
Sufficient to say they will beat him into bloody pulp.

Our joke party's perception is terrible, so that permanent Silence effect is going to fuck us hard.

>implying you can even get close to a man who wears the Panama Canal as a crown.

Oldschool political cartoons are the shit. Does anyone draw political cartoons like this anymore or are we stuck with shit like Obama having dumbo ears forever?

I like how his Big Stick is labeled as such, as if he'd forget. I imagine he has a cupboard full of very large sticks, and he has trouble finding the big one.

He sure loves peace.

Maybe it gives a bonus to both persuasion and intimidation.

A stick for every occasion.

You telling me they can beat a man who runs a marathon, plays in the park with children, wins a boxing tournament, jumps rope, and wins a shooting contest, and does all of the afore-mentioned things in the 30 minutes before breakfast!?

>Can the party beat a Titan who is several miles tall?

Probably not without some anti-American magic Macguffin.

>TFW Trump is the reincarnation of Teddy for our generation

We join him.

He jumped DEATH in a political cartoon. Don't be too sure.

Well we share similar values, so we "beat him" by joining him. You never said he would be a evil despot, just have powers. We get him elected president.

But Teddy actually served in the military.

Teddy actually loved the envioremtn, Shitstain.

I would join Teddy Roosevelt and find a way to make him immortal.

Hardly. Trump is just a rich asshole. His thing consists entirely of insulting his opponents and making hyperbolic claims (you know, like every other politician, but he's a bit more blatant about it).
Teddy Roosevelt, on the other hand, was all about being physically strong, intelligent, brave, and respecting nature. He was pretty much what Kipling thought an ideal man should be. Not to say he wasn't an asshole at times, but it's a different kind of assholiness (his was more about "might makes right" philosophy applied to geopolitics, while Trump's assholiness is more about playing people for his benefit). You don't see Trump going hiking in the Rockies, refusing to shoot a tied up bear because it isn't challenging enough, or refusing a promotion during war because he wanted to personally be on the battlefield and kill people. Instead, he refused to move into the White House because it isn't opulent enough and he's already got a tower named after himself.

holy shit no ahahaha

This right here. We could only dream of TR returning to save America from itself.

>it's not gonna suck itself

>Don't talk softly to me or my son ever again

>this is what drumpfkins actually believe

This. Even as someone who considers themselves fairly liberal, Teddy is the kind of "Conservative" that the modern right wing should be. He's tough, and no-nonsense, as well as for rights and fredoms. He also valued knowledge, and despised ignorance, and while he could be kind of rude, he was hardly bigoted, especially for the time period. I would happily vote for him over basically any candidate in the last two decades, and I would follow him into hell.

All American (and quite a few British) cartoons are like that. They fucking label EVERYTHING to the point where it's no longer a cartoon. Everything is literally spelled out. It's like the Americans have zero subtlety.

Pic related is the worst example I can think of, especially because you could remove every single written word and it'd get the point across just fine.

We wouldn't stand a chance. Fucker's a battleship.

Teddy was centrist and actually populist, served his country, and kicked ass.

Trump talks bigger talk than any man before in the history of the spoken word. Thats about all he has going for him.

you have not yet been mocked enough for this post, so I'll just point out that a big part of Teddy's platform was fucking up trusts and big corporations.
TR was a progressive.

He'd disgust any progressive today; he was a nationalist, loved hunting, fought and started colonial wars, wanted every man to have a gun, etc.

To play the devil's advocate, in Teddy's time it was socially acceptable to love your country. Actually love your country, not just wave a flag to virtue signal. Let's not forget that the absolute madman called the hyphen America's greatest enemy. In his eyes Mexican-Americans and African-Americans don't exist. That makes him a racist by today's standards.

Not saying Trump is great, just saying that if Teddy was alive he too would build a wall.

>Author, Conservationist, Explorer, Historian, Naturalist, Politician, Soldier
>Reincarnated as a draft-dodging landlord
Don't you fucking dare insult the greatest American president, you bitchfag.

Well, seeing as we're now the antagonists oh teddy's story...

Id agree that he'd probably disagree with modern progressives, but there's intellectual distance and being too stupid to play the game. Trump falls into the latter category, bigly.

To play the shit-fiddle right back at ya, most people in Teddy's time were racist to a degree that we'd find morally bankrupt today.

What is it with people sticking Roosevelt's face into the bows of ships?
He was the Republican presidential candidate when he was elected. Later he formed his own party (the Progressives, aka "bull moose party"), which was pretty much the oldschool Republicans. He did suprisingly well, considering no small party has ever made it in American politics, but sadly it didn't catch on. I think it would probably make for a healthier politcal climate to have three major parties instead of just two, and there's no party that really represents the stuff his did these days.

>Teddy's time it was socially acceptable to love your country. Actually love your country, not just wave a flag to virtue signal. Let's not forget that the absolute madman called the hyphen America's greatest enemy. In his eyes Mexican-Americans and African-Americans don't exist. That makes him a racist by today's standards.
But actually loving your country is acceptable today. It's just that patriotism has been high-jacked by nationalism.
In addition, considering people all equal as americans, does not make him racist, no matter what a lunatic fringe claims. And even if he was "considered" racist, he was not a proponent of isolationism, and would not be building a wall.

>most people in Teddy's time were racist to a degree that we'd find morally bankrupt today
>we
Speak for yourself. Back in those days at least racial differences weren't an absolut verboten subject of conversation like it is today.

>It's just that patriotism has been high-jacked by nationalism.
You know this means absolutely nothing, right?

>In addition, considering people all equal as americans, does not make him racist, no matter what a lunatic fringe claims.
Oh really? How would most people feel about forbidding Spanish in the public sphere, ending mass migration from Latin America (with a wall if needed) and forcibly assimilating the current Latino population of America until they're flagwaving rednecks? Because that's what removing the hyphen means: making Mexican-Americans into full stop Americans.

Yeah, no.

The only thing they have in common is being unpopular with the political establishment and being popular with the people. And I'm not even 100% sure about the second one.

TR championed using govt as a tool to control corporations and prevent them from stepping on the people. Trump thinks govt is in the way of corporate profit.

TR was opposed by politicians who feared he would empower unions and expand worker's rights. Trump is opposed by politicians who fear he'll do the exact opposite.

TR built a reputation as an adventurer and a strong, boisterous leader. Trump is boisterous, but the only reputation he's TRYING to build is that of an incredibly wealthy landowner.

It's a relief to see these posts. So many other websites have been subsumed by the alt-right nutheads that constantly hail Trump as the God-Emperor made flesh.

>Let's not forget that the absolute madman called the hyphen America's greatest enemy. In his eyes Mexican-Americans and African-Americans don't exist.
That sounds pretty reasonable. He's not objecting to the X-americans, he's objecting to them not being considered "Americans" first and foremost. (By themselves or others.)

And come on, you plaintive little weasel, it's perfectly fine to love your country, but if you love your country you can handle occasionally admitting that something is wrong and needs to be fixed, or that you have done bad things in the past and should strive to do better in the future. Admitting it to have flaws is not incompatible with loving it despite them or trying to mend said flaws. If your love is so fragile that taking responsibility for the various misdeeds your country has done would kill it, maybe A), it isn't real love, and B), you shouldn't have done those things, huh?

>Because that's what removing the hyphen means: making Mexican-Americans into full stop Americans.
And as a bleeding heart liberal, I'm fine with this. I think some of his methods were extreme and forceful, but I'm 100% for assimilation, and integration. You shouldn't stamp out their original culture completely, but if they want to live in America, they should be Americans.

Patriotism is love of country. Nationalism is live of country to the exclusion of all others.

You can love your dad without calling all other fathers inferior, that you have the best, the smartest, all the others are morons, #sosad

The silent majority is both silent and majority.

Remember, it's the fringes who get loud and sassy. People who are generally content with the status-quo don't get loud an obnoxious about just how content they are unless others prompt them first.

I consider myself progressive, and I'd support Roosevelt in most things. Except starting colony wars. That I consider as something one should not do. And I'm iffy on nationalism because, while not necessarily bad by itself, it tends to lead to pointless fighting when people really should be trying to work together to fix issues that affect the entire humanity and hopefully eventually get off this planet and colonize space.

Still, he's the kind of man I definitely admire. Him and Rudyard Kipling (who is probably my favorite poet) exemplify the traits I feel an ideal person should have: strength, integrity, intelligence, and respect for life and nature.

>That makes him a racist by today's standards.
Bullshit. He openly stated that white people needed to treat other races better, because the way you treat people is how they treat you. He said the famous "a rising tide raises all ships" in that speech, specifically referencing that if white were proper and polite to blacks, then they would become proper and polite people themselves. And that he openly felt the debasement of blacks was why they were becoming so vulgar as a people.

He just wanted everyone to identify as an American because race identities were stupid to him. Good for him for saying it, because he was just as spiteful of white pride and the bullshit that we now see today as he was of all the other racial pride bullshit.

Teddy was the opposite of a racist. He called it like he saw it, and he saw shit with eyes wide open.

The guy loved the Navy, IIRC, that was the whole point of the cartoon in OP: Teddy's navy was bis "big stick."

>TR
>a champion of physical fitness, he outran his childhood asthma and devoted himself to a life of self-improvement

>Trump
>a literal fucking landwhale who wears overlarge suits

>what did you think I meant by a big stick

>Oh really? How would most people feel about forbidding Spanish in the public sphere, ending mass migration from Latin America (with a wall if needed) and forcibly assimilating the current Latino population of America until they're flagwaving rednecks? Because that's what removing the hyphen means: making Mexican-Americans into full stop Americans.
You can consider someone to be an American without doing all...that.

>believing that all Americans are Americans no matter where they came from
>he was totally for forcing Raul to change his name to Ronald at gunpoint and forcibly assimilating Latinos!
I don't think so, Tim

If I was American, I would support BBEG like him

I'm a /pol/ack and I think you're a retard.

>Trump
>"speak softly"
Yeah, pick one.

I'd say 50% content, 50% disenfranchised and jaded towards the system and just struggling to make ends meet.

Even as a Trump supporter, not really.
>Roosevelt was born rich and actively tried to prove his capabilities in physical pursuits despite having asthma
>Served in the military
>Career politician
>Left office to fight in the Spanish American war
>Highly interventionist, he probably would have fucking loved NATO, tried to get America to fight in WW1 much earlier

>50% disenfranchised and jaded towards the system and just struggling to make ends meet.
I'm seeing this shit all over these days. Young men and women disenfranchised by old fucks and societal pressures, unable to make their voices heard without shouting and smacking people. Japan and India are at the front of that wave, but we're hitting it across the world, and it scares the shit out of me. It's literally the perfect recipe for radicalization and violent revolution, once people get tired of bitching about the machine and start trying to smash it. That's part of why Trump won, and it feels like this is just the start of a very bad time as the popular discontent grows. Someone please tell me I'm retarded and reading too much into things, because I'm fucking terrified of the future.

OP, Teddy Roosevelt is the fucking juggernaut made flesh, bullets, malaria, asthma, death, Africa and the Amazon rain-forest couldn't stop this man when he's awake. What makes you think a party of murderhobos will fare any differently?

Fair enough, I intended the royal, national "we". I have no personal conviction on the subject, I was just making a point.

>Speak bigly, and have tiny hands!
This has to become a meme, now.

Your post was so disgusting, that as a Canadian, I can not forgive that statement. The only nice thing I'm going to do for you is give you a (You), but do me a favor, please drink four bottles of bleach and think of what you've done.

You should be. We modernized too fast, and educated nobody. We are the first generation ruled by people stupider than their predecessors. The global economy and network of governments was a carefully created thing negotiated by men ten times the better of those we can pick from today. On top of that we've created no new industries for proles, and the American Dream is dead. Luckily I worked hard, educated myself, and have a comfortable living and can look forward to an equally comfortable retirement in 40 years.

Sadly, you are not.

It's hilarious to see all these retarded lefties worshipping Teddy Roosevelt, a man people like them vilified during his lifetime, and would vilify again if he actually existed today.

Teddy would have kicked your asses and laughed at your politically-correct posturing.

user above me.
You're not getting a (You). Stop fishing.

>educated nobody
This.

FUCKING THIS.

College is too expensive, half the degrees are useless, and the other half are fucking REQUIRED for any level of job security. We need some serious education reform.

Sanders had the right idea to address it, but making tuition free isn't the best approach. What we need are more vocational schools. Short, cheap training programs to get people ready for a middle class job to bridge the gap between a HS diploma and. 4 year degree.

Right now we have a giant plebiscite of people too poor to afford a degree and so resentful about it that they voted in the first strongman to claim he was on line there side louder than the other guy.

Id disagree. College is expensive, but if you cannot afford it you can get so much free money from the government that it will make your head spin. On top of that, half of all degrees may be useless but if you are unable to discern which is which you deserve whatever life you build for yourself.

Id agree that vocational schools are the answer, but then we'd have a glut of tradesmen and even more debt and unemployment. This country needs better higher education, and more people to be highly educated. Our role is not in products and production, it is in analysis, services, and maintaining the infrastructure and local services necessary to support those educated people who make up our largest financial class.

We also need to truly urbanize, and stop trying to deliver 21st century services to 17th century communities in flyover country. The efficiency and economy of scale necessary for modern technology, medicine, and government cannot be sustained with an average population density similar to Afghanistan.

Literally wrote THE book on the naval war of 1812.

I think it's still taught in American military academies.

Do some people actually think of Donald Trump and see Theodore Roosevelt?

Christ. New York millionaires are certainly not all the same.

Advances in technology and world wide advances in education have made a lot of things that used to be considered "skilled labor" no longer anything resembling as such. As long as the means of production is controlled by the few, wealth gaps will directly correlate to technological advances.

You fix this either by reversing technological progress, which is ludicrous.

You can fix this by redistributing controll of the means of production, which kind of defeats the purpose of having technological progress in the first place. (That is, reducing labor required)

You can fix thia by giving people welfare until tech advances so much that we're post scarcity. But who knows how long that is.

You can fix this by moving the majority of the workforce into the virtual economy, which is kind of a scam.

In either case we don't have pleasant years ahead of us. I don't think we'll hit starvation level but wealth gaps will be exacerbated and "wage slavery" will be more prevalent. Maybe the solution is just to come to terms with that. After all, in a democratic society onli 51% of the population needs to be happy, less with the electoral college

> unable to make their voices heard without shouting and smacking people

It's not like society has ever really given a fuck about what the young punks say or do beyond the usual bit of pearl clutching and moral panic.

>That's part of why Trump won

It may be a alrge part of the young votes he got, but remember, he did a lot better with the old than he did with the young. If the kids get militant, it won't be in his favour. Same with Brexit.

guys, As level headed and conducive as this discussion is, we're really not talking about Veeky Forums stuff in this thread any more.

>mfw an /pol/lack was subtle enough to make a tasteful thread about politics without upsetting the majority of Veeky Forums's demographic

It's an educative thread, no /pol/ nor stupid meme, let me appreciate the few good thing i have in my life.

Hardly a new set of problems, you can apply pretty much all of that to 19th century industrialisation. Which is where the factory jobs that half of America are now crying bitterly over came form in the first place.

Veeky Forums is the domain of all things civilly yet vaguely tangential to traditional games

More specifically, theyre crying about the mid 19th century's post industrial American high corporate tax and strong union jobs.

Imagine selling modern Americans on industrial jobs in the dawn of 19th century industrialism?

I was thinking to myself about how to make a plausibly TR-esque antagonist, but I like the guy so much that I'm finding it difficult to make him act more like a villain.

As it happens, a major NPC in an upcoming campaign I will be running is similar in being a veteran of the navy with a lot of popular support.

And your point is?

Joking aside, Veeky Forums discusses video games, anime, and politics better than the boards specifically made for them.

To be fair, nobody really hates Roosevelt. He's one of those rare few figures even radical lefties don't try to "deconstruct" or "expose".

That's because TR isn't a BBEG, he's the big bad good guy.

Once teddy caught aome people burglarizing his cabin out in the woods. So he beat them into submisiion tied them up and telegraphed the police. Then he stayed awake for a month guarding the shed he kept the robbers in, keeping himself awake by continually reading and rereading "american adventure talls" or somesuch. After thatonth the police finally showed up.

He led a charge that only consisted of himself and two other people in the spanish-american war uphill into an entrenched position. He had a full regiment with him but no one heard the order. He still took the position.

Few men or women who are born can match that degree of badassery.

No user he didn't read and reread american adventure tails. The motherfucker kept himself awake reading fucking Tolstoy. No it wasn't for a month it was only for a couple of days, but he remained awake the entire time.

Oh shit. I must have gotten it confused with a podcast I heard recently.

>The motherfucker kept himself awake reading fucking Tolstoy.
How. Fucking how. Tolstoy is the literary equivalent of a Hot Cosby.

The man really fucking loved reading.

Sounds like someone talking about Teddy before he was elected

>So many other websites have been subsumed by the alt-right

Nigger, where do you frequent, ironmarch?

He doesn't need to be a villain, he just needs to oppose the PCs.
Which is easy, because PCs don't like taking orders.

topkek at the butthurt responses. You're alright, user, don't let them get to you. They're just mad that they lost.

>TR was a progressive

Typical progressive, not even a finger's grip on reality.

>not listening to common sense and decency

TR's big stick is going to shoved so far up their asses, they'll be singing Yankee doodle through their nostrils.

Alright then, TR called himself a Progressive. How's that?

Literally fuck those standards, Teddy was right, and if you think being black is your identity before being American your life really DOESN'T matter. If you fly the Mexican flag, you belong in Mexico.

No, just Imgur and Funnyjunk, with a few others.

Without fail every time I go on there the top 50 posts have 5 - 10 that are alt-right idiocy about the pizza gate sex ring or John plPodesta being a secret terrorist.

>loving your country makes you a weasel.

>Oh really? How would most people feel about forbidding Spanish in the public sphere, ending mass migration from Latin America (with a wall if needed) and forcibly assimilating the current Latino population of America until they're flagwaving rednecks? Because that's what removing the hyphen means: making Mexican-Americans into full stop Americans.

What's actually wrong with this?