Deathwing release

IT'S OUT BROTHERS, AND IT'S SILKY SMOOTH!

BASED STREUM ON DID THE EMPEROR'S WORK.

OH, AND THERE ARE SOME OPTIONAL CHANGES TO LOAD OUTS AND PROGRESSION.

SO DOWNLOAD IT AND GO PLAY!

Did they fix the subpar gunplay? That was the biggest disappointment from the previews. That and the lack of any heft or impact from melee weapons.

The biggest difference is on framer ate I'm afraid.

If the game play wasn't your cup of tea, I doubt it'll be now.

I'm happy about the game wth how it is now.
Very happy that the devs proved all the shitposters wrong and fixed it in 2 weeks.

80% downloaded. I am hyped. Is it worth it, OP? Will the alien bastards pay?

It's ok

40k fans will love it, but story is average as fuck, and so is gameplay.

The best part is the feel and the ships.

Like Fire Warrior if it was actually good. A good 25$ game

It is to me.

It is the game I've been waiting for the last decades.

Compared to Space Marine, how is it gameplay wise?

Ye, the atmosphere that was shown in the trailers was as gothic as I wished it to be

So from what I've seen from the previews, it's a more streamlined and gothic Republic Commandos?

>generic L4D clone with Wolf3D-tier level-design
>25$ game

Comparable, very limited and repetitive.

The story and the mystery kinda drives you through the game though, and there are relics to collect.

Space Marine may be a bit more "game" but Deathwing could potentially be augmented with time, if it is successful

It will sell due to the 40k fans, and to date it's probably the best game in terms of capturing the grimdark feel of the 40k universe.

It's the Fire Warrior of today, but gameplay is a bit better

>30 minute beta load time reduced to 2 minutes max
Good enough for me.

The FPS is even worse somehow than the beta but otherwise it's like a 7/10. The fucking atmosphere is amazing though.

Yeah, now that enemies have shown up I went from about 60 fps on max to 10. And yeah, this is exactly how I would picture an Imperial ship.

If there's no Dark Age ship segment with gleaming 60s scifi corridors I will be mildly disappointed.

I hope not, and given on how "better" became EYE with patches is debatable. How many times do you fuckers can you buy the same game Streum makes since they formed until you realize wasn't good to begin with?

It doesn't really play anything like L4D though.

They did it, the absolute mad men.

Works with eyfinity, granted I just fired it up..

is that what your screen looks like?

it's kinda uncomfortable looking.

Anyone find any relic locations yet? I found a force rod to the north of Squad Gideon and a Bolter behind the Altar on the first level, plus a minor one in the factory floor.

Found a handful of other minor ones around the map, though I'm always one short of getting all of them so far.

It's garbage.

Played it during the beta, and the issues that were there then are still there now. Awful framerate, horrid connectivity issues, and the gunplay is piss poor.

Which is a real shame, because I wanted to love this game. The setting and environment building is beautiful.

>check /v/
>LOL SHIT GAME REFUNDED :^)
>check Veeky Forums
>level headed discussion and sharing of opinions

Can't say I'm surprised. /v/ is autism incarnate.

its three monitors the 2 at the side are at angles so it looks a bit more "correct" than the flat SS.

>atmosphere is amazing
Yeah, I actually felt a bit spooked at times

>It will sell due to the 40k fans

You'd think so but it seems like Eternal Crusade is currently dying due to lack of money and players.

I think one of my biggest... well not dislikes per say but I'd like it if you had a full five man squad. For one because it'd let you have someone with melee gear without sacrificing the Apothecary's healing or the Heavy's firepower. Or at least one extra guy to give you a bit of flexibility in loadout.

Its no amnesia but I have genuinely been startled by stealers a few times when they leapt around a corner at me or something. And the atmosphere is somehow even better then the Beta, with the still active servoskulls everywhere and distant bolterfire echoing through the hulk.

>Somehow worse than the beta

Gunplay is utter ass. Weapons spray all over the place in ridiculous cones, weapons and customization options are missing from multiplayer for no apparent reason, some people have been experiencing massive FPS drops, the game crashes frequently in multiplayer and the list goes on.

Were avengers widely used as fighter jets or is it just streum on being a bit lazy

They fixed alot of issues with performance, but the issues with multiplayer are still there. Just spent 4 hours playing with 3 other friends and we only had all 4 of us in game at the same time for maybe a half hour of that. I'm hoping its just the servers being wonky at launch.

Tfw massive frame drops when Nids start appearing in massive hordes.

Other than that I don't have many complaints about the game. Don't really like the command wheel for squad commands and the friendly AI is fucking dumb. Also the noise made by broken metal doors clanging on the ground makes it sound like a bunch of cans just fell over instead of a massive hundred pound steel door.

Really great start imo and I'm eager to see what comes from this game.

/v/ doesn't actually play video games.
Most anons who shit on recently released titles haven't actually played the game and just like starting arguments.

Boring gunplay, enemies aren't particularly smooth or threatening and they really obviously do the "run at you, awkward pause while AI shifts gears, start attacking" thing, poor dialogue.

Good environment design and sound direction I guess.

4/10, wouldn't recommend.

Honestly, I've noticed that Barachiel is much killier with melee weapons and his survival time shoots up a lot.

Nahrum is always gonna be an apothecary because his healing is necessary every now and again but he is one dumb fucker.

I keep hearing people say negative about the gunplay but honestly what else could they have done for it?

Most of the shooting is done in narrow CQC environments against meat walls of Nids. Not much you really can do to it imo.

It's a perfect terminator simulator, i don't know what you expected.

I'll have to give Bara melee a try tomorrow, he tends to get set up in the dumbest spots with his assault cannon and as a result gets ripped to shreds.

Also mod to replace combat dialogue with DOW2 Terminator lines when?

Yeah, i literally can't finish the first map because fps becomes frames per minute in some parts on my gtx 1060

>weapons spray
Protip: Burst or singleshoot unless in near melee range
Gamers these days

I spent 20-30 minutes exploring the first campaign mission and ogling all the little things.

Then the genestealers showed up and my game just freezes up for minutes on end. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes I have to quit out and restart the game. Still haven't made it to the generator room in 40 minutes now.

Lower the graphics then. A gorillion Genestealers will bend most graphic-cards over.

What I'm getting from this is that the game has some major framerate issues involving hordes, which sounds like something to wait a couple of days or maybe a week to see if it gets patched before buying.

They're used to cod, where you can just make autoaim do all the work and keep holding tje trigger with no recoil whatsoever

Well that's the problem, it was maybe 2-4 genestealers (though there were probably a lot offscreen too).

>Not only do the vile xenos try to kill you
>They try to kill your computer too
>No computer means no termies to stop them

That's the real Hive Mind plan

It's good they added the Fallen and chapter secrets into the game story.

It would have been hard to justify the Dark Angel presence in the game otherwise.

>It would have been hard to justify the Dark Angel presence in the game otherwise.
what

When it comes to space hulk you have two options. Blood Angels and Death Wing. Both have been doing this song and dance since the 80's.

A space hulk game WITHOUT blood angels or death wing featured prominently would be the outlier.

Game runs like shit, and that's even with the models having about 3 frames of animation at any distance more than a couple of meters.

To be fair these are supposed to be massive armoured suits designed to carry heavy weapons in one hand and and use them effectively.

Sure while walking an assault cannon should spray pretty badly, but if firmly planted it should be like a fucking tripod MG.

Man, there are an awful lot of dead techpriests on this hulk.

Have you considered turning the graphics down? I have to run it with everything on low with a couple things on medium and it still looks good

I imagine there would be a lot of techpriests on Imperial ships in general.

Also:
>Found AdMech log in the second level
>Maintenance log for the engines
>Prayers include Ode to Plasma and prayer to Saint Crankshaft

Gotta love the AdMech.

Well its more there's a whole bunch of dead tech priests, some servitors, and not a whole lot of the rest of the crew thus far.

Aren't the Hybrids what remains of the crew?

Avengers are noncanon FW, it's streum being lazy.

FUCK THOSE GOD DAMN INVISIBLE GENESTEALERS!
FUCK THEM TO HELL!
I HATE THEM SO FUCKING MUCH!

This literally doesn't do anything if you're using an assault cannon. The cone they spray in is so large and random you can't hit anything more than a few yards away even if stationary and aiming.

Game runs great for me with no issues. That being said others are having major issues. Teammates are unable to see the mission objectives every mission i've played.

Levels look amazing as is the atmosphere. To me though thats it, as a game its not particularly interesting or nothing i haven't played before. Not a fan of the zoom, illuminating all enemies, it looks somehow cheap, i liked the lighting effect of the guns but after an hour it really started to grate on me and i found it to be head ache inducing. Not a fan of the leveling up in multiplayer, seems odd going through missions with the same squad of guys and forgetting your moves between missions. Variety of weapons is also pretty lacking and to me the weapons just didnt feel very good except the plasma cannon. I dunno, cant really place it but shooting the genestealers just didnt feel very impactful. I think after playing killing floor 2 it was just done better blasting enemies into various bits. Storm bolter seemed to auto aim too? Couldnt find a flamer anywhere. I loved eye cybermancy but i refunded this

How is the board game? I'm thinking of getting it cause I need an excuse to paint Genestealers without starting a new army and I can play something with my friends that isn't fucking Cards Against Humanity.

Single player is pretty fun except for termie AI being kinda derpy and not reactive to genestealers unless they're getting hit by them.

Multiplayer doesn't work. There's only one server I seem to ever connect to and it seems only chapter 1 works, sometimes chapter 2. I once joined a chapter 7 game but was disconnected almost immediately. If I try joining chapter 2+ games I get a Fatal Error and game closes.

I would wait for some fixes before purchasing.

Flamer is only in single player at the moment because apparently they couldn't figure out how to balance in it multiplayer.

>How is the board game?
it's amazing

If your friends don't love space hulk, dump them off the interstate bridge and find new friends.

Understandable, seeing what an absolute rape cannon it is in the Singleplayer.
It's only limiting factors are it's minuscule range and lack of armor penetration.

>Avengers are noncanon FW,

Nigga they're still canon, they're just Ground-Attack fighters rather than space fighters. They're mentioned in many BL Guard books (at least in passing) and there's never been anything to retcon their existence.

I have both my battle brothers as assualt terminators. They are more survivable and are better at killing nids.

>still active servoskulls everywhere
I've almost shot those fucks a few times. They look like genestealer eyes at a distance.

don't the Grey Knights do it sometimes, especially when Daemons are involved?

I'd imagine that GKs would only get involved if their prognosticators said the hulk would cause a daemonic infestation on an Imperial world or something. They're spread too thin across the galaxy fighting in-progress daemonic assaults to waste time raiding a hulk, unless absolutely necessary.

wait, there's FUCKING LICTORS?

That makes sense, I was only saying since I know that they've done it a few times. Less than 10 missions total if my memory serves.

Nonono they're just different strains of Genestealers. There's a large one with scything talons, an invisible one (fuck those things) and a bulkier, kinda-carnifex looking motherfucker. And the Broodlord of course.

all chapters can do it but the vanilla space hulk board game was blood angels and the expansion that was the first appearance of the deathwing was called "deathwing"

fucking dense newfags.

The Imperial Guard will sing songs about me after this discovery.

It's absolutely beautiful. The models are gorgeous, the maps are huge and characterful, and it's clear the devs are real fans. The AI is Piss poor, and it really drags on gameplay. I could understand the swarm ai being bad. Hell it might be charming to see one or two stealers derping out in a fight, but when the allies decide to stand BEHIND THE DOOR I'm trying to seal when there's clearly a horde just seconds away, it is aggravating. Also, the pathing during horde events is lazy and easy to bottleneck. 6/10

No, but Ymgarl genestealers (Lictor faces) get involved and there's a Ymgarl patriarch.

>the fucking autocannon is an inaccurate bullet hose

YOU
DON'T
SAY

THE RELICS HAVE SHIT WRITTEN ON THEM?

This was my reaction as well.

I love their spelling, especially how belial is always talking to you on a "secure canal"

Does it come with Mariachi music like in that one trailer?

EC was a masterwork of terrible PR, so you can't really use it as a baseline.

Where did this meme come from?

There's 3 posters: an user who mentions wolf 3D. an user who mentions that he refunded killing floor for this, and an user who uses TOP KEK a lot. You can see them in almost every thread, no idea why they dislike the game so much.

They just want to start a meme. Don't reply and you'll be fine.

Songs? The last person to find an stc was given a PLANET. And it was equally worthless like this one.

>worthless

Wasn't it the monomolecular blade that all astartes now carry?

I imagine that good sleep for a trillion of soldiers is more worth than a super-sword for a handful of dudes (on the galactic scale).

In other words, just the thing you do in the Original Space Hulk :I

>silky smooth
Runs like absolute garbage on my 980Ti, i7 6700k.

It's a piece of shit.

>980Ti

I feel so bad for you and other people who bought this card. It was so amazing at the time then NVIDIA makes the GTX 1080 and the lower range 10XX cards which are stronger for less money.

>Fatal error
>Fatal error
>Fatal error

Brilliant..

/v/ermin don't play games and I guarantee you 95% of the posters there haven't even bought it.

I wonder what made those old storm bolters jam more than D-Rok

>game randomly changes my loadout after each cutscene or objective complete

What the fuck.

>The Emperor has dictated your squads weaponry

The stc says military folding bed reference. Amazing

Based Streum On.

But if you stop and think aboit it for a second, Humanity must have been severely retarded to need a data bank to store how to build a goddamn folding bed.