Can we all stop for a moment and show some gratitude for spread sheet software

Can we all stop for a moment and show some gratitude for spread sheet software.

it's ok i guess

Dear Microsoft Excel,

Fuck you.

Sincerely,
People who have to work with Excel

No,

>Eve online

It seems better than having to work with librecalc

Dear google sheet thingy
thank you for being there and managing stuff

Been using Open Office for the last decade.

What happened to Excel in that time?
It used to be easy and functional, if expensive.

I usually have a version of the character sheet for whatever system I'm playing made up for fast chargen.

The most useful one I made (as in; it wasn't a receation of another document or could have been replaced with another one) is an original sheet I made up for tracking the status of our Starship.

It had all the basic damage and weapons reports and stuff that exists on a phsyical sheet provided with the book.

But mine was a living sheet, having cells ad formulas calculating repair costs and time, maintenance schedules, staff rotations, etc. There was also a separate section for the Treasury, showing the total stored funds, setting aside an amount for repairs (calculated in real time and leaving a reserve) and divvying up payments for each job from a specific input box.

It was beautiful. It took only about an afternoon to design and build, and then a few sessions for additions and tweaks. I loved this spreadsheet. I even did some colour coding and used some cells for decoration to make it in-universe.

The group was dubious at first, but quickly came to realize it was a good time saver and probably something that would exist on the ship anyway

FUCK PIVOT TABLES

>He still uses Open Office
Dude that's basically abandonware
Uninstall and get LibreOffice

Google sheets has an exchange rate function that's helping a boatload for planning an overseas trip

Theres player sheet for anima full of formulas. Dropdown menus and shit.

Its a complete fucking character builder with every option from the main manual and the other books

Sadly its so formula heavy that it doesnt work with anything else than ms excel. (The online version toobif you are willing to give it a minute everytime you change a value)

Anecdote aside. I know more about spreadsheets because of rpgs than any job

I have an Excel spreadsheet calendar with moon cycles and festival dates on it. Spreadsheets are great.

Back when I was playing around with a M:tG-based hex-crawl, I made a PDF (to practice formatting shit, and because I'm autistic enough to make a PDF about how to operate this spreadsheet thing that only I will ever use, because it sucks).

??? Pivot tables are great. They're an easy way to show a ton of information

Excel has been pretty good to me. But then, I took upwards of a dozen classes involving it, so I've gotten used to it.

I often use it as a glorified calculator, figuring out things like RPG shopping lists.

My favourite work days are the ones where I get to make spreadsheets. Put in some music, shut out the colleagues, get shit done. It's satisfying in a way I can't put my finger on.

Beyond "lol autism" of course.

I un-ironically appreciate spreadsheets and the software that makes them.

Yes.

Thank you, LibreOffice Calc.

So useful, and not just for data correlation and tables! You can also use them to build form-fillable documents in a pinch.

Yes.
Also true.

>omen generator
With the right functions, you can even make them generate table results as if you rolled on the table.

It has one built in for real-world use, but apparently you can't upload.xlsx documents on this Vietnamese coaster-trading website.

To be honest, rolling dice is more satisfying, so I don't even use the rolling function.

Been meaning to do that for a year now, thanks for reminding me.

Learned enough logic to make a cool character generator with comboboxes and buttons and shit
It told you when your attribute shit was out of line and calculated weapon damage from a list

Thank you, LO Calc