As much as I'm sure we all love GW, GW hate threads are also a lot of fun

As much as I'm sure we all love GW, GW hate threads are also a lot of fun.
Can we have some stories of bad/funny encounters with staff and players?

>as much as we all love GW

I can't remember the last time anyone said anything more positive about them than 'they're sucking a little less now'

'What was the last warhammer game you played?'

browse some discussions outside tg, plenty of fanboys around

>spending time on anything other than Veeky Forums

normies go

thisisafishingpole.jpg

sage this shit

I work for GW as a keytimer.
Today someone gifted us several Sausages, French fries and in the past he once gifted us a meter of cake

My local store is pretty good, manager is nice guy, I like the direction they're going in.

I have MANY shit stories from the past but it's all on the way up it seems

I can't contribute to this thread I'm afraid. My store manager is based as fuck (most senior manager in the country actually, he's the representative for GW France or something like that) the store is great, the players are great, and I'm having loads of fun.
Hell, we even have LOTR players.

The store manager and his part time buddy are both super happy of the directions taken by GW recently, which benefits the employees as well, they gave 250 euros to all store employees because of the good results about 2-3 weeks ago.

I like my store, it has a great atmosphere and the manager is great. We do have a few of "that guys" stories incoming.

I like my closest GW The one of only 2 in my entire country. And the manager is good, she likes to ask what is going on, and she is very friendly in general. The other redshirts are good as well. They like to frequently host events and stuff to keep the community going.

One of the redshirts in the story even got the permission to host a "tactician's corner". Where we discuss various methods to play, strategies, tips and tricks, etc. So all in all it's pretty great

>Hell, we even have LOTR players.
Good. It was a solid game.

>It was a solid game.

Don't you mean it is a solid game

we have 3 LOTR Players in my community( we are on of the bigger gw`s in germany) , but they dont like each other, thats why they rarely play it. Its a shame because the game looks fun

It has, sadly, kinda died

They gave me Skitarii models. I'm good.

they did this thing called the end times. Now i will never get to play WHFB

Don't know, did they fuck up the rules when they made Hobbit?

Nice digits

Got you senpai

people still play it at my store, they just have to say that they play Age of Sigmar with many house rules, then it is okay

We had a pretty good one. So good in fact that when he got fired, the store lost 90% of its clients.

which GW was that ?

Had a staffer try to sell me on some Crimson Fist space marine novel on the fact that the baddies they're up against were orks, and I played Orks. His recommendation was because the Orks died in droves but just kept on coming, as if that was a selling point. He didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked what clan was in it.

>Mfw the old manager was so indoctrinated by GW he honestly thought Orks were good and upsold them to everyone.

Now i'm not saying a GW should say shit like

>'Orks fucking suck, low-tier army, only good units are mek gunz, initiative 2, melee race lmao'

But when the dude looked kids in the eye and sold them Flash gitz or burnas, knowing their friends play Space marines, chaos, necrons, etc knowing those fuckers are dead before they can fire is kind of bad taste.

I know one who has basically made a cult out of his store. He doesn't have buyers. He has cultists who worship him. He drills them to buy the latest thing. Also he only allows things bought from his store, even dice, or even from other GW stores.

Fuck off Redshirts, don't you have some marines to sell

so,you want all the kids to play necrons, eldar tau and spacemarines ?

Anyway, if you sell stuff to kids, then it doesnt bother them, they misinterpret every rule anyway

>so,you want all the kids to play necrons, eldar tau and spacemarines ?

Funny that you mention kids being unable to read rules when your own reading comprehension is quite poor

yeah, that correct
i never claimed to be better than them

Best fucking poster on Veeky Forums. The rest of you are just faggots in comparison.

are you saying that i am not a faggot ?
Thanks i guess

Mr Autismo, this is was for
>as much as we all love GW

also:
thanks ;)

Store manager 8/10. While he argues that Orks and Eldar are balanced (and gave me terrible advice on how to counter Riptides) he helped me a lot with painting my models and even gave me a new starter set after I found out the glue was dry.

I want to talk to him more about Warhammer-related media like Berserk, questions about lore (and getting more people into the store, hosting events like Only War or Deathwatch, maybe a short Kill Team tourney because the place is dead) but I don't know how. Advice?

Most people are happy with the KDK, GSC and Skitarii codices and model ranges, and their new bundle deals are actually pretty good. Heard a lot of praise for Kill Team, too. They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but they actually are shaping up a lot from the last few years and actually seem to be learning.

>a meter of cake

Hold on...

This guy got quints...

This one got quads...

And this one triple 7s...

Is this a sacred thread?

yeah, except if i get dubs(or better), then its cursed

>GW its called WARHAMMER now
Also my local store in munich germany got the ugliest miniatures in the display.
They had a nice age of sigmar diorama but now they only got a monocolored army of nids.
Looks really shit and unimpressive.

They fucked them up before. Shadowcaster was the beginning of "each release is more powerful than the previous one". Then there was WotR which was such a massive pile of shit approaching it caused seizures. It was so unbalanced it looked like a system written in 15 minutes by a middle schooler.
When Hobbit came nobody cared. Maybe if the movies were good it could see some revival. But they weren't.
RIP LotR.

I'm still kinda bitter about LotR though.
>army of elves
>deploy as far forward as possible
>max out archers
>when enemies are in range move half of the movement backwards and shoot
>keep doing it
>by the time your enemies reach you've killed half of them
>mop up

I started playing 40k half a year ago. When I walked into my local store an employee introduced me to painting a model for free, playing a quick skirmish and all of the armies. I was very surprised because he was so enthusiastic. I now go there on a regular basis and hang out with the regulars.

my GW (Bielefeld) is still canned Game Workshop and it will stay that way for probably at least a year or two

How long does it take him, on average, to try and sell you upwards of £/$/€100 of stuff?

Guy at mine can usually do that within five minutes of you walking in the door.

we're good