So what's the Ragnarok scenario of your setting, Veeky Forums?

So what's the Ragnarok scenario of your setting, Veeky Forums?

The Ragnarok scenario is actually just Ragnarok, because a bunch of cultists are trying to summon Fenrir back into reality and trigger said apocalyptic scenario.

This is also just one of practically every conceivable mythological apocalypse scenario that could occur in this setting.

Already happened.

The two creator gods waking up and destroying everything as they continue their battle. Sure, a new world would come into being, but that's not much hope for the people currently living, eh?

the party succeeding in Awakening the universal enforcer, who will force the other universal forces to actually do their fucking jobs and put the universe back on its preordained timetable, which is presently several centuries past the end, meaning that there's a lot of work to do

Ragnarok. Evangelion style.

A group of powergaming wizards decide that there's nothing left to do besides kill the gods and make themselves the new pantheon. They don't succeed, but they fuck up the world and kill the majority anyway.

I could say it in more eloquent terms but that's how it goes.

Tell us more, user

Gehenna, in t minus 16 years 2 month

An ancient pact between demons and elves is broken, and reality unravels, leaving a cosmic mess of matter, time, and energy smeared all over the remains of the universe.

Fun fact, only a few of the elves and almost none of the demons actually remember the pact, or why they're not supposed to deal with each other.

The creator gods are unleashed from beneath the Earth and re-establish the ceaseless making and unmaking of reality, destroying everything and tossing it into primordial chaos.

The planet is actually a great slumbering beast thats slept for so long its encrusted in a thick shell of soil, minerals, water etc.

It wakes up.

It already happened kinda, so Ultra Ragnarok is happening instead as every timeline begins to slowly collapse and stack into the chronological equivalent of an ultramassive black hole.

The further into the timeline the PCs go, the closer they get to the equivalent event horizon, the more shit that starts to mess up and shift to be folded in, and it'll culminate with the end of time and whatever they decide at that moment when they go past the point of no return.

It'll otherwise become a surrealist superworld where an entire nation of people they never knew, but has always known them as accepted them as the royal rulers across all the possibilities of time, will join them as a final holy army to march them into their Kingdom of Heaven.

wow user your campaign is so epic and everything about it is epic.
tell me what kind of job do you have?

Wha? I work cars in restaurants and sometimes construction stuff. That don't got much to do with Ragnarok though.

I wouldn't call it epic, though. I've taken pains despite the growing scenario over the last few years to keep it entirely local through the eyes of a small city and the families living in it. It's worked out much better than the usual world-trotter.

Gamma Ray Core Burst. Cthulhu. The Golden Millenium. Probably all at once.

I think that means that he runs a shitty, unsatisfying, nonsensical final session, and spends the next twenty years trying to get it right while his players argue about the results.

Pathfinder?

The closest thing to Ragnarok (and not just one of the Apocalypse/Rapture scenarios) would be the Dwarven prediction for the end times.

The nasty giant hydra that lives deep underground finally digs its way up to the surface and begins climbing the world's largest mountain to reach the sun. The sun is fire and lava, and the home of the Dwarven gods and all departed spirits, who all come out to do battle with the hydra and its many creations.

During the battle a number of myths receive closure, and the final chapter of their holy book can be written. The disgraced gods will come back and aid in battle, redeeming themselves. The gods that have been sending up red flags since the beginning of time will die gloriously in battle.

Presumably, the dwarves win, either burying the hydra in another planet or killing it outright. No one is sure, since the latter option only happens in the case of the END end times, and not just one of the many cycles beforehand.

erm.. it's Ragnarok user.
My players are in a scandinavian setting with all 8 worlds of yggdrasil

Lack of maintenance (mostly because there's nobody that it even occurs to) of the planar borders causes them to essentially burst and then meld together as infinite oceans, sands, fires, rock, void, etc, stretch across material reality Neverending Story style.

>The Evangelions are called ber-serkr.
>The Magi supercomputers are instead called The Oracles.
>Instead of Angels and Christian symbolism, I refer to the Jötunn and Norse symbolism.
>NERVE HQ is in Scandinavia.
>Twin Odinistic cults appeared after the most recent Impact, one wanting to take control of the ber-serkr to wage war on the rest of humanity so that they may ascend to Valhalla and the other wanting to kill off the rest of humanity so that they may go to Hel's realm.
>The group is currently fighting against the Fenrir analog.

The dreamers wake up as the gaia engines break, tentacles burst from the sky, unimaginable horrors take form and reality unravels and the world returns to a state of formless chaos where the whale-mollusc gods slither around.

There is one true djinn, which, if you can find it, will grant anyone one wish, no limitations.

All it would take is one jackass wishing for the world to be remade in his image to destroy the world and create a new one, and for all the players know, it might have already happened

Gods, immortals, demons and humans slug out on a giant unborn universe, except this time they fuck up and the next universe is stillborn.