>Old Thread:

Kingdom Death is a game.

>which pledge do I get?
Read the kickstarter.
>how is shipping handled?
Read the kickstarter.
>what new expansions are there?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is the game not coming out till 2020?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is this Percival best girl?
Read the kickstarter.
>what is included in the Gamblers Chest?
Read the kickstarter.

>Kickstarter Page: kickstarter.comprojects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview: vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>VOTE NOW ON THE GAMBLER ADDITION;
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd4miqRKI2shzooWA8KdfKdmeuE3gDE3vVCFAAHMaNYtJPe8Q/alreadyresponded?c=0&w=1
The creators are retards so you're free to vote a gorillion times.

Other urls found in this thread:

stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=A5MJYPioVVg
shutupandsitdown.com/review-kingdom-death-monster/#disqus_thread
swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/standard-sleeves/products/swan-card-sleeves-52x52-mm-160-per-pack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Armored young survivor when?

Gambler's Chest Contents (so far)
>Advanced Rulebook
>1 Survivor (TK Fang) [1xMiniature]
>1 Survivor (Aya) [1xMiniature, +2 Promo cards, +1 Art card]
>1 Survivor (JoJo Adam) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art, +1 Philosophy]
>1 Survivor (Last Man Standing) [1xMiniature, +1 Mighty Axe Rare Gear ]
>1 Survivor (Scout of Death) [1xMiniature, +Pages to Advanced Rulebook, + "A bunch of cards"]
>1 Survivor (Murderer) [1xMiniature, +1 Philosophy, +1 Settlement Event, +1 Secret Fighting Art, +2 Gear Cards]
>1 Survivor (Bow Master) [1xMiniature, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Deadrock Fighter) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art]
>1 Survivor (Romantic Adventurer) [1xMiniature, +1 Philosophy, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Screaming Hoarder) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Disorder, +1 Hunt Event]
>1 Survivor (Darkeye) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Fighting Art]
>1 Survivor (Cockroach Queen) [1xMiniature, +1 Advanced Disorder, +1 Philosophy]
>1 Survivor (Beast Hunter) [1xMiniature, 1xArmour Set Card, +1 Rare Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Zanbato) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art, +1 Philosophy]
>1 Survivor (Bone Eater) [1xMiniature, +1 Philosophy, +1 Secret Fighting Art, +1 Settlement Event, +(?) New Bone Gear]
>1 Survivor (Bright Knives) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art, +1 Gear Card]
>1 Survivor (Papa + Junior) [1xMiniature, +1 Fighting Art, +1 Gear Card]
=
1xAdvanced Rulebook (Includes Philosophy of Death)
>17xMiniatures
2xPromo Gear Cards
4xRare Gear Cards
4xGear Cards
1xArt Card
2xSecret Fighting Art
5xFighting Arts
1xAdvanced Fighting Art
6xPhilosophy Cards
2xSettlement Event
2xAdvanced Disorders
1xHunt Event
1xArmour Set Card
+"New Bone Gear" Could be multiple cards?

>to be continued

Pledge helpers for people.
stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0

Wait you can vote multiple times? It keeps telling me I already voted. I want to help!

Would you buy an add-on that was just a bunch of armor kits for young survivors?

No.

If you sign out and sign in on a different google account it should work.

Best choices are probably
>AI and HL upgrade/additions.
>New Settlement Events (most of them are shit)
>New Weapon/Specialization
>Traps
>Skinwalkers (kinda shitty)
>Gambler Nemesis.

I should have guessed as much.

>a nemesis encounter with a guy entirely based around RNG shenanigans
>good

No thanks. If he gets a mini I'm sure it'll be cool though.

Please vote responsibly.

>Absolute trash:
>Dry erase char sheets: You can laminate or just print more character sheets. The custom ones online are better anyways
>TGM Promo: Who?
>T-Shirts: You'll never wear them. Seriously

Could be exciting or absolute bullshit, he is RNGesus afterall.

metal dices are also absolute trash and meme tier. its would just drive up costs with no rewards for it

sure hope he adds some new dices tho, since we're going LY30 and beyond.

MEME TIER;
>Any Pinups.
>Any Promos.
>Metal Dice.
>Shirts.
>Dry Erase.
>Krampus
>Zenith Hung Beetle Knight Narrative Sculpt
>Extra bases (seriously? learn to press mold)
>Soundtrack
>Art

Anything else is worthy of votes. Don't fuck this up.

Remember everyone. While there are clearly better options; think of a plush Gorm.

Agreed.

It wasn't included in meme tier cause it would be adorables.

>>T-Shirts: You'll never wear them. Seriously
Not do dispute your point that this is a bad idea, but for the record I do wear my Tentacle Bento T-shirt 3 days a year. Never say never.

>3 days a year.
....What days might those be user?

KDM soundtrack sounds cool. as do weresurvivors

The days he showers.

I'm suddenly reminded of assorted plushies coming for the places that shall not be named in a decent company that come complete with various "bodily" orifices.

Blending in at local con.

KDM soundtrack would need licensed music or commissioned music, both of which are fucking expensive.

Plushie Gorm suddenly seems a lot less adorables.

Who the fuck cares? Shitty indie pen and paper rpgs can commission music just fine and they are not 7 million dollar kickstarter darlings.

Don't waver my child. I plushy Gorm is needed in every ones life. Just think of the baby face

Soundtracks are a fucking awful idea. They cost a ton of money and yet they always end up absolutely sucking balls. No way, not worth it.

>assorted plushies
>places that shall not be named
>decent company
>complete with various "bodily" orifices.

name it you motherfucker, i need more info about this
for innovations, of course

Maybe some dark ambient ala Lustmord would work, otherwise I dont know what would fit.

>implying poots couldn't just say "hey faggots compose me some tracks and if I like them I'll send you a fucking core box" and get a billion entries.

Wow how fucking hard.

Probably Bad Dragon. I'd buy a KD:M line of products from them in a heartbeat.

they don't make fuckable plushies tho

Anybody remember Magic when it first came out? You didn't know what Shivan, Sengir or Serra all meant but it made the world seem deeper with the mystery. I get some of that from KDM.

Mysteries keep things interesting.

It's like how 40k used to be interesting until they started explaining everything.

I remember when the first KDM Kickstarter launched. I couldn't afford it then, but my situation has improved. I have two quick questions before I consider throwing down some cash, though.

Are the newer models, artwork, and gameplay as well-done as they were then? I'm wary of creators that make more only because it continues to sell and get lazy.

And, is there a notable 'best bang for your buck' tier or do they all scale fairly linearly? Any must-haves?

If the Gambler's Chest is anything to go by the newer models are even better than the older ones. Some of this stuff is just amazing.

For value, the Gambler's Chest is shaping up to be a crazy good value. Yes, it's $100, but it's looking to have somewhere around 30 to 35 miniatures in it, one of which is almost certainly a monster to hunt. Unless Poots is trolling us with that #7 box, which could be. But you'll know by the end of the campaign anyways.

Check the excel sheet I made and linked in this post and it'll give you a good feel, I think at least, for the value of pledges.

Pic related is one of the minis in the Gambler's Chest. It's just fantastic.

Another one of the Gambler's Chest minis.

holy shit i need this in my life

Zanbato is love. Zanbato is life.

You're human garbage.

And I'm not voting for your anus puppet.

>father had the wubwubwub haircut
What the fuck is this shit

It's called an undercut. I don't know if you know this, but it's still a thing, and probably is going to remain thing for a while since the teens who were into that are adults now and are in the job market now, like the entertainment and music industries. Also artists in general who have jobs that let them, nay, ENCOURAGE THEM, to gt whatever stylish/funky haircut they want.

I work in post-production and one of the editors I work with rocks the professional emo style. He's not like rocking some anime hair, but he has some streaks and wears black and a little bit of guyliner.

I assumed he was gay (never discussed or brought up) until he brought his girlfriend to the office holiday party.

I know GC is far from its final form, but for me its geting a bit to uninteresting. Some of the minis sure look amazing, but it could use something diffrent. For rules as someone pointed out, it will be scanned, its only 30 pages. I will stick with gc to the end, but the more survivor miniatures, the more i want to buy some monster expansions instead of gc.

anything else is wrong

>plushies
no, you're wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=A5MJYPioVVg

here you go.

free of charges.

Some cool stuff in the gambler vote there. I voted for Legendary Gorm, Traps, and Gambler nemesis.

>am i really doing the well with a gambler's lantern second face
>gold lantern
>add all known expacs
Holy shit, all the expacs from now on and all the pinups and promos period are free.

>No Traps

Yeah, sure thing user.

Which set is this?

Gambler nemesis is probably what was locked, if you look at the updated table it now has a Gambler symbol on the square.

It's the Fox Settlement dudes that I'm hoping to see during this kickstarter.

>Krampus
I don't care about the meme, an extra Nemesis is the most substantive thing on the list.

They also happen to be very popular in the military (what Veeky Forums calls a "hitler youth" cut).

I know most of them are trap/meme choices but god damn I like the sound of all of these options.

I half expect Poots, crazy bastard that he is, to end up adding in all of them by the end of the campaign.

I'm looking forward to this the most

Patrician taste friend.

The game is already meme tier with Slenderman anyway.

I thought new hunt events would be good too. Plus any new miniatures are okay in my book.

I wear mine because literally no one knows what it is. Plus Gencon.

>not wanting a Chakram ranged weapon proficiency
>not wanting traps
>not wanting new cards for actual game content
PLEBS, ALL OF YOU

Remember, the gift is getting added to the Gamblers Chest. It's effectively free. Poots isn't going to sink the cost of a plush, so we might as well add actual content to the game.

As much as I would love a Gorm plushie with an X butthole like pic related... it's not gonna happen for free in the chest, which is what the vote is for.

Sunstalker is +$60, the Super Survivors are included in the Gambler, Satan, and Godfrog pledges.

>Tshirts

I'm in another kickstarter that's wanting to do shirts. Why do so many gaming companies fuck the process up? Like with KDM, I'd rock a shirt with something like the first survivor emblem/symbol/medal/wtf it's called, or most of the other expansions, but instead it's frogdog art, or like other kickstarter, a cringey phrase in large font.

Why can't companies make shit simple and artistic instead of ugly and autistic?

Frogdog has been a campaign meme. KD has previously put out Butcher, Watcher, and King shirts, and Flower Knight has been floated. Plus there's Gambler and (possibly cringey) Satan

> new settlement events

WE LITERALLY NEED THIS

I've got my popcorn, anons. Tell me what you think of the new Shut Up and Sit Down review of Kingdom Death:

shutupandsitdown.com/review-kingdom-death-monster/#disqus_thread

Good point

Eh.Seems fairly accurate outside the emphasis on the white lion's penis and tits but those guys are massive sjw homosexuals so I guess they did an admirable job not outright lying about more things?

this. after this the hunt events are most important.

other stuff is cool but this will make the game better.

I voted, but is there any way to see what the current tallies are? I want to know what stupid bullshit twitch is going to force on us.

If it's any consolation, Adam did include "If they're all terrible, I'll add something of my choice" which is probably better than what fans of those idiot streamers will vote for.

Where the fuck can you get sleeves for the gear cards from? Mage Company have had my order on hold since fucking May.

Swan Panasia has 52x52mm sleeves that fit perfectly.
swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/standard-sleeves/products/swan-card-sleeves-52x52-mm-160-per-pack

Was a surprisingly good and positive review.

tl;dr version for people who don't want to give them the page views
Kingdom Death is not great, but is frequently good. The emergent storytelling is amazing, but the game is extremely innovative. It lacks many options for terrain and all fights happen on the same board, but that's not a bad thing because every fight is still a learning experience of you trying to learn the monster itself and not just what it does, but how it does it. The game is VERY RNG dependent though, and hunts that should have been a sure thing can easily turn fatal, or (arguably worse) worse you can have too easy a time hunting something which can frequently be a waste of a year. All the fights are interesting and fun... except the level 1 white lion which you fight WAY too many times because everyone has to fight it way too many times and that fight just grows stale. The game is flooded with tits and feels kinda sleazy, but it's very clear that it's an aesthetic it is embracing in full force.

Really, the biggest complaint seemed to be the humor in the game, and how all of it just shows up in times that make it hard to take the horror parts of the game seriously. Also that the game is a MASSIVE time sink, not because of how long the campaign is, but because of how many times you will fail part way through and have to start over.

All in all, surprisingly fair review that ends with "If you are the kind of person that is actually seriously considering dropping nearly half a thousand dollars on a single board game... it is definitely worth that price."

>Year 6 bone witch
How do you even get that fucked that quickly? Jesus I feel bad for that settlement.

>The game is flooded with tits and feels kinda sleazy
That's the bit I disagree with though.
Yes, the female armour does show a little more skin than the male stuff, but it's not egregious or excessive.
Sex isn't used for the sake of having sex in the game.
There is no rape, relationships between 2 people can be with any gender, Intimacy is explicitly listed as being consensual.

The only real sexy miniatures in KD context are the pin-ups, but those aren't included in the game or even a part of it. So what is he on about...

>confirmed for not watching the video and just making up arguments that aren't even being made
He's not complaining about rape, or that there are pinups. He literally never mentions the pinups. It's still a game review, and even if they are terrible SJWs, it's still at least an informed review after multiple campaigns.

His complaint is with the art in the book mostly. There are dozens of pages with women being displayed topless, or barely even a single scrap of cloth. That's it.

It wasn't even a major complaint, just something that bugged him because it felt out of place in the game, because it ISNT a horrible rape game, it's just a horror game and then GIGANTIC E CUP TIPS ON EVERY SINGLE WOMAN.

Yet he failed to mention the buff, topless men and penises.

To me, his complaints seemed more like he was annoyed that the massive breasts on every woman didn't add to the horror, and just attracts the fedora tipping edgelord virgins, when the game had more to offer than that. It wasn't even particularly SJWish. He sounded more annoyed at the waifufags than the creator of the game.

And I certainly agree with him there. Waifufag degenerates are the worst thing to happen to the game.

>His complaint is with the art in the book mostly
See, I was going of the summary provided, I dislike the review format. it's a long video and I really don't want to watch 30 minutes of someone waffling about a game.
Now had the summary said that the manual was the issue, then I could have given him that, but the way it's worded here is that it's about the game.
And as says, he fails to mention the male nudity at all, or the violence, or the blood, or the body horror... just the boobs...

He didn't though. He actually flipped through the rulebook to show off the artwork, good and bad. Men and women uncensored, lots of gore, and some medicore and out of place humor because Poots thinks he is funny when he really isn't.

>comparing repeated zoomed up shots of tits with another shot of a man a good foot away from the camera flipping a booklet.

He literally spent 5 times as long talking about the blood, guts, and gore. The part about the tits was just a 2 minute excerpt out of the half hour video. He showed everything. I'm actually legit surprised the video isn't even censored. He broke out the Sunstalker, showed off the white speaker from the Slenderman manual, showed the brain trauma page, etc.

And even being an SJW he flat out says it's not enough to even really detract from the game, his only reason to not get the game is that it's fucking MASSIVE and has not only a MASSIVE component cost but a massive time cost, and that if you can get over both of those it's a great game and you should back it.

It's also literally the first time they have ever said to go back a kickstarter.

Seriously, it was 1/15th of the video guys. Don't spend hours complaining about people complaining about tits and ignore everything they say about the game, or you are literally doing the exact thing you are complaining they are doing.

So you are gonna sit there and tell me that there's no malice in showing absolutely every single breast in the manuals but no topless men or dongs. Nor is there malice in CONSTANTLY having the fuzzy groin card in frame.

You are really going to defend that.

>this positive review said the game still had a few flaws but was well worth the price
>THIS IS A TERRIBLE REVIEW. FUCKING SJW BOOGEYMEN
Jesus Christ. Calm the fuck down. People are even breaking out the "Pinups are not canon" excuse before anyone even mentioned the pinups.

Like I get we had those issues with feminism clickbait the first time around, but this isn't that. Lower the pitchforks. Going immediately on the defensive at the slightest resistance is not helping our case. Just makes us sound like the fucking MLP degenerates who loudly proclaim that they don't ALL fuck horses.

>undercover sjw still has no argument so he has to pretend everyone is losing their minds.

Across every rulebook there is only a single dick shown ever. Also, nice false equivalency saying a topless man is the same as a topless woman.

That's one more pussy than ever shown in the rulebooks. Nice false equivalency saying penises are the same as breasts too.

Seriously, this is exactly the shit I am talking about. It's TWO MINUTES OUT OF A HALF HOUR VIDEO, and was a complaint about the mouthbreathing edgelord troglodytes it attracts, not an issue with the game itself.

Huh? I thought the game was full of dicks and breasts? After all the reviewer mentions a lion's penis like twenty times.

Manhunter book has a penis too.

Someone didn't get the Lion God expansion :^)

Sunstalker has a massive penis too. Or does that not count?

It's shaped like a penis too if you look at his back.

welcome to post-gamergate, where every shill can blame any criticism on evil ess-jay-dubz and "redpilled" idiots will lap it up because sticking it to the tumblr straw-woman is the closest they dare get to actual rebellion

Where? The only spot I can kinda see is the dude who clearly DOES NOT have a dick because it was cut off, twig and berries.

>Sunstalker has a massive penis too.
>has
You mean is?

Should get new eyes then cause that hanging corpse obviously has a pair of dick and balls.

Still has it.