Can we have a minor but fun superpowers thread? Or useless powers? I need ideas

Can we have a minor but fun superpowers thread? Or useless powers? I need ideas.

Also, which of these is the coolest power set:

Which of these is the coolest power/set:

Swarm form (insects)
2D form - becomes flat, can adhere/move along walls/slip through cracks
telekinesis - limitation: specific types of substances? water/earth/airbending/Magneto/etc
paragon - captain america/jack of all trades hyper human
gravity manipulation
earth manipulation
super luck/super bad luck

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Moon's_Incredible_Book_of_Hypnotism
imdb.com/title/tt2445178/
youtube.com/watch?v=vh_ZK_Rb25s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Swarm form is nearly as good as 2d form for infiltration, and has a lot more combat application. If you give me the choice between 2d form and swarm form, I'll be taking the latter, every time.

Bump.

Guess I'll throw out a few to make it interesting.

Ability to always be on time
Never accidentally lose anything
your batteries/power supply never runs out
containers are endless while you use them
you can find exactly the information you look for on Google on your first attempt
ability to remain perfectly calm in any situation
ability to induce euphoria
ability to tidy a room/space instantly by snapping your fingers
ability to put objects/possessions on autopilot (make your broom sweep by itself, make your dinner cook itself, make your computer find and download all of the material on your media need to watch list, etc)

Swarm form is neat, but depending on how it actually works super luck is coolest.

The power to temporarily contract or expand inanimate objects, but only along a single axis at a time, effectively stretching them long or squishing them flat.
Seems not that useful at all at first, but then you start by letting people trip on their shoe laces, let their pants slide off, let then run into dorknobs, table corners, whatever.
Then you realize you can slide out of handcuffs, bypass many locks, make a bo-stick out of a coin, jam guns, laugh as people swing at you with bladed weapons.
Finally you take giant leaps by rapidly expanding your shoe sole, swing around with hookshots, manipulating the lengh of the rope to gain momentum, turn incomming bullets to tin foil mid air, chocke enemies wih their own shirt collars or crush them with their armor.

>gravity manipulation

Do you have any idea how powerful this could be?

Elaborate?

Focusing on a person allows you to view through their eyes and see everything they can see.

You won't be stopping crime with this anytime soon but this makes for one hell of a party trick, not to forget all the money you can make by cheating at card games and being a magician with a trick that is literally impossible to figure out (if nobody else knows about superpowers).

>Swarm form (insects)
This means turning your body into a bunch of insects at will, right?

>2D form - becomes flat, can adhere/move along walls/slip through cracks
Too unspecific. This needs further explanation.

>your batteries/power supply never runs out
>you can find exactly the information you look for on Google on your first attempt
Possibly unintentional, but way too overpowered.

>ability to tidy a room/space instantly by snapping your fingers
Potentially extremely abusable.

>turn incomming bullets to tin foil
You are also changing the mass?

I was making a comic a while ago where everyone developed really really bad superpowers that grew into real overpowered powers.

My favourite was the ability to shape and move tattoos. Eventually her tattoos started to move on their own, like, if she made a tattoo of a person's face, that face could talk. In the end her tattoos could affect the real world, so if she tattooed a fire on her finger she could light things with it

Well you can pull gravity inside of something or pull it off someone.
You have no idea how mighty that is, right?

What about emotion inducement?

Does it work on AIs?

That's an interesting idea. Give AIs emotions like generosity and helpfulness and acceptance. Or bad ones like anxiety and fear and rage. What's a good application of that?

>ability to put objects/possessions on autopilot
What if you bring a whole sack of guns?

Then you'll be the first person to prove that it is indeed guns, not men, that kill people.

This reminds of that book series about a girl who teaches herself hypnotism, and after a few books she's so good at it she hypnotizes a security camera into exploding just by giving it a hard glare.

Shit, I kind of want to read those again.

What's the name?

Are guns allowed to use themselves under the second amendment? Can you take your guns to the gun club and get them licensed?

Only if they are old enough.

Amazingly, I actually found the book in the time it took to wait to make another post.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Moon's_Incredible_Book_of_Hypnotism

Oh snap, there are six books. I only ever read like, three of them when I was a kid. Whoo!

There was also a film made last year:
imdb.com/title/tt2445178/

Can guns vote?

I suppose they would continue to hover around and shoot bad guys. Differing levels could make them more or less powerful than your ability to do the same thing, so at higher levels, you could make a sack of guns act as a personal SWAT team, or a rack of kitchen utensils an expert chef. Could also limit or increase tue amount of time it lasts for.

Source?

>Set the voting machine to autopilot and rule the world.

How could assembly/disassembly be abused? Like, with a snap of fingers, you can separate something into its component parts or reform it.

By doing it to people?
By turning everything you touch into a bomb?

>can't touch the enemy, he's wearing armor
>but I can touch the armor and make it grow spikes on the inside

I've been thinking about how I could use these two's, Oingo and Boingo, or the Oingo Boingo brothers, powers together in a game as either minor antagonists or even more minor allies.

Incase you don't know their powers, Oingo's the older brother who can change his face and I'll assume the rest of his body too, but not his voice. The younger brother, Boingo, has a comic book that can predict the future, sometimes only if followed exactly right.

They're silly antagonists in one episode, and I like em a lot. This video shows the art style the comic book is in, and maybe something similar could show up in their expies? Still figuring it out, but I hope this might help.

youtube.com/watch?v=vh_ZK_Rb25s

Bump