Your most recent BBEG fights the very first BBEG you ever had

Your most recent BBEG fights the very first BBEG you ever had

What goes down Veeky Forums?

In games I've played, or games i've run?

A Weasel VS Arch-Necromancer on verge of Lichdom

... Thanks, Mouse Guard.

Cult leader vs. Cult leader. huh, I guess in hindsight I use a lot of religion in my campaigns.

>Nyarlathotep fights a Gnome version of DIO
They probably end up teaming up. The gnome was a prankster dickbag anyway

>Most recent (GM'd)
The Star-Eating Dragon, or a crippled old woman as his herald.
>First (played)
Some punkass necromancer.

They'd probably be friends, really.

I'd go either way.

>I guess in hindsight I use a lot of religion in my campaigns.
I've been curious about this kind of thing. Do you have them act like plausible Earth religions, i.e. trying to look nice with white robes and charity and such? Or do you mostly use the 'black and red necromancy cult' stuff?

>Uber-wizard that knows they are just a pawn for the amusement of the players, and is horribly frightened by it

VS

>An arrogant douchebag Enderman (Yeah, as in minecraft) with crazy strength and a sword with anime levels of impractical size.

Wizard is gonna fry'em.

>Uber-wizard that knows they are just a pawn for the amusement of the players, and is horribly frightened by it
Did you run that game just after playing Morrowind?

Slowly trying to sip tea each more perfectly than the other.

Balor Lord vs Gargoyle ghost wizard
That's actually something I am going to make happen, since it's in the same universe. A player his keeping the last remnant of the other campaign's BBEG, the balor, without knowing. During the showdown the player's gonna turn into the balor, so it's literally gonna happen

>First
Bog-standard Necromancer and his army of skeletons.

Vs.

>Current
Time traveling Sorceress Queen of Evil

The fight never even began as a young wizard, years before, was invited to attend a gathering of minds in the tower of Rhamnous in the ruins of the once glorious kingdom of Adrasteia.

Sensing an opportunity to get out under the thumb of his overbearing master, he attends.

Years later, he has become one of the most trusted members of the Queen's court.

Master Assassin

Vs

Tiamat

Poor assassin

Two separate games and settings, both had merfolk villains.

First is an octopus mermaid ocean Druid who tried to use tsunamis to wash clean the world above after pirates killed her family.

The latest was all the merfolk kingdoms declaring war on the surface because of garbage island, massed extinctions due to overfishing, repeated violations of their sovereign borders and unequal representation in political issues.

They don't fight. Miss Ursula expy joins them in their war against the surface.
Whole cities are washed away, the surface uses massed chemical poisons that irreparably fuck the oceans, peace is brought at gunpoint, survivors are tried for war crimes, mermaids are now an endangered species, the oceans will be dead inside a century and history forgets that this was all because people wanted cheap seafood and cleaning garbage island was just to expensive.

A noblemanof unimportant descent doing all he can to please his wifes son, which she had with an evil god (powerless, got dissowned, still satans child though). All because he was given tough love as a child and never got what he wanted.
Versus
Literal extradimensional space illuminati's leader.
I mean I made the noble clever and able to think outside the box from his neurosis but I have a hunch he cant defeat eldritch deathsquads with 1700th century armies.

Vice versa, made the noble years ago as a kid.

>Evil artifact sword Frostbite, key to the Elemental Plane of Ice and herald of the Ice Knights, primordial entities of cold and snow
>Vs wheelchair bound pokemon Gym master who turned to Ghost type after his days of Fighting Type were cut short by his injury

I mean if the Gym Leader was instead a kid aged 12ish he'd just grind past 8 or so other elemental themed monstrosities and then win via type advantage

But being a guy full of bitterness and resentment over being weak, I predict the sword corrupts him, he opens a portal, and then gets killed by Sheer Cold as the Ice Knights come through
Only to be defeated by that damn kid

sword came first

I blame OP for mentioning the first bbeg, second

>Destiny itself vs. Destiny itself

uhhhhh

First BBEG is already a talkative artifact on cleric's belt.
Party's unaware of the fact that his sidekick was a pretty powerful lich with amnesia and SCP foundation flashbacks.

In games that I've played in?
>A green dragon with a napoleon complex.
vs.
>Strahd von Zarovich

In games that I've run:

>A 4th level cleric with delusions of grandeur.
vs.
>An eldritch horror that lives in the folds between physical reality.

Genestealer Primarch that just wants to kill the party
Vs.
The living incarnation of darkness that wants to destroy all worlds

>The living incarnation of darkness that wants to destroy all worlds
Now how exactly did that happen?

A reasonably powerful 12th-level Blackguard (most recent) dukes it out with the Lord of Darkness (first), which can only be harmed by a Keyblade or when near a Keyblade, and his uncountable Heartless legions, who are only vulnerable under the same conditions.

Technically that Blackguard I mentioned was bankrolled by the Goddess of Conquest, but she was more of a "greater scope villain" than a BBEG, in that she didn't really get directly involved in anything that was going on.

I'm giving this one to the Lord of Darkness.

>Josef Zvi of Clan Nosferatu, Prince of Prague
vs
>Sauron, Dark Lord of Mordor
My money is on Josef. He's considerably weaker physically but excels at stealth and subtlety.
Also he commons the nation of Czechs, who are far more vicious cunts that Orcs can ever hope to be.