What are your favorite Veeky Forums related podcasts and/or Youtube channels...

What are your favorite Veeky Forums related podcasts and/or Youtube channels? Hoping for actual play but review and discussion is also welcome. Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

theheroictwentyeights.com/category/epicd6/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've yet to find an actual play podcast I can like, though I've heard good things about Milkrun.

My go to Veeky Forums podcast is System Mastery, which is two guys talking about older, usually terrible, games.

I used to like them until it got obvious with some of the WoD stuff they only halfass read it and then harp on minor stuff.

I like the Glass Cannon podcast, it's not perfect but it hits a blend of comedy and serious RP that's a good fit for me.

Yeah, I can see that as a sore point. Once someone on Veeky Forums pointed out that Jeff does a pretty poor job of grasping mechanics I kept noticing it more frequently.

The Dark Heresy in particular one had some really bad mechanics representation in it that I noticed since I actually know that system decently well. They ignored a lot of ways players can make their roles easier like aiming or all out attacks and then assumed it was the system's fault for making all of the rolls hard.

Still I really like some of the really old obscure games they've managed to dredge out, and I'm not sure there's another podcast that does something similar.

I like the Tabletop Minions channel on YouTube, mostly because the guy has a pretty soothing voice and covers decently varied miniature wargaming related subjects.

Schemes and Stones is great if you have any interest in Malifaux.

They give a lot of good advice on the game, and many of their guests are very good players.

Anyone into Role Playing Public Radio? They have some really good actual plays.

Why would you listen to other people play when it's way more fun to play a game yourself.

>Why read a novel when you can write the novel you want to read yourself?

... user, I...

That's a really dumb comparison.

>Why watch a sportsgame when you can play a sportsgame yourself?
would be more accurate and also helps make a point.

>That's a really dumb comparison.

Sure it is.

Compare the effort needed to organize and play a game with ~4 other people with their own lives, schedules, and interests to the effort needed to sit down and listen to an mp3 for two hours; there's your explanation.

It's not meant to be a game replacement so much as just another form of media to consume.

If I'm cleaning the house or painting minis, I like to have something to listen to while I work.

Plus as a GM it's a nice way of seeing how other groups do things so you can jack ideas for your own games.

Grey Hunter
Grimthr
Whycalibur

Yeah but he's pro skub.

Right now I'm going back and watching the Death From Above Battletech podcast by Hyper RPG, and the group is so accurate to my gaming experiences it hurts.

-The cool-enough-in-real-life but doesn't know what he's doing in the game player
-The quiet one who wants to rush in and kill everything
-The LOLRANDUMB one who won't shut the fuck up and is completely detached from the game.
-The guy(s) who seems to have a head on his shoulders, but is constantly pissed off because he's stuck herding the rest of the cats.

Though the GM is homebrewing every goddamn thing is a bit disappointing, but it is, after all, set up as a GM/Player campaign system and not a pickup game at the LGS.

There have been other Battletech Battreps/Podcasts, but this one has been the easiest to swallow.

theheroictwentyeights.com/category/epicd6/

Started listening to these guys, alot of thier material is pretty funny, and they are just starting out.

They actively encourage people to write in to the show and talk shit to and about them, and once they get enough likes on facebook, one of the hosts will play 40k in a dress, and another will wear a dog shock collar

The NPC Cast is probably the best RPG discussion podcast out there.

Pluto Moved On- actual plays and related content

Blurry Photos- not tabletop specific but very related topics (aliens, devils, spooky stuff)

>MtG related
Top Level Podcast is great for standard/modern/competitive formats, though the skills transfer well for anyone who plays the game. Old episodes of Commandercast (1-100, nothing past that) are also real great, covers EDH/Commander topics in great detail.

>40k
Overlords isn't bad, but they're a little obnoxious a little too often, which turned me off. Preferred Enemies is my podcast of choice, the guys have a great rapport and talk about most stuff related to the hobby. Their rules segment is real good.

>RPG
Dungeons & Dragonites/Mythical is a D&D campaign with pokemon elements, which might not be your cup of tea but I enjoy it.

The Dungeon Master's Block is a great resource for worldbuilding and other DM necessities.

I really enjoyed the Acquisitions Inc. weekly series