DM says he's tired of the default races and wants us to try and pick monster manual races for the next campaign

>DM says he's tired of the default races and wants us to try and pick monster manual races for the next campaign
>we do
>he brings it up many times and in many conversations, making us feel like we are not just playing as humans all the time

In this thread only post nice things your dm does!

That's honestly disgusting and degenerate as fuck. I can about handle people playing obvious pseudo-human deformities like dwarves and elves as long as the "fading empire" trope is in effect and they understand they are inferior to and surpassed by humanity, but actually playing monsters is just fucking gross.

Why would you do that? White people have enough problems without you conjuring up gross fucking mutants and pretending it's cool to be them too.

Is this a copypasta?

Guards, seize that HFYtard

>Replaced Alignment with Theme song

Zarus pls go and stay go

That's actually a great idea, holy shit.

>The party enters a portal that leads us all back in time
>The DM presents elements of history previously hinted at during knowledge checks and exposition dialogue as they were in the past, eventually culminating in the party accidentally causing the arcane explosion that created a massive magically-charged desert where a kingdom once stood without feeling like we were railroaded into it

Easily the most fun I've ever had with the story of a campaign.

If more than one person can't make it to our sessions we do these one-ofs we call Family Guys

>every player does a weakass story setup in-character
>the best one (decided both by how good the scenario was and how shitty the setup was) gets picked
>"the way we just turned on the ancient lighting system in these deep gnome caverns reminds me of when we lit up that fire station in that city"
>DM improvises a story around how we accidentally burnt down a fire station

What does that mean?

>In this thread only post nice things your dm does!
DMs for you.

It's not everyones thing, or sometimes you are just worn out of the DM seat yourself.

this one is pretty great

>tfw cant contribute to thread because foreverDM

That means instead of Lawful Good/Chaotic Neutral/Irrelevant Bullshit you write a name of a music track: Iron Savior - Warrior, Andrew WK - We Want Fun, Hanz Zimmer - Car Trouble

It means he finally recognized how mechanically useless Alignment is and just replaced it something equally but perhaps more transparently fluffy.

>Replace Alignment with character poem

>mechanically useless
>in an objectivist universe where good and evil are actually measurable and have mechanical consequences

I took it as you picking a song representative of your character's morals rather than a two word phrase.

>Replaced Alignment with Theme song
Make a thread, see who shows up.

Huh?

Make a 'what's your character's theme song' thread

My DM puts up with my character's edgy antics and emo shit.

We've decided that, fuck it, alignment is nearly pointless in 5e, let's have some with alignments instead.

We've decided that you have to have at least one part of the old alignment system. After that, it just has to accurately describe your character.

Thus we've got alignments that include:

True Sailor
Chaotic Hungry
Lawful Angry
Neutral Milquetoast

Which is quite honestly a lot more fun.

We've also experimented replacing the traditional system with the MTG color alignment system, with mixed results.

What's that - is it the four layers of the different intersections of the colors?

Let's say you have a scholarly Cleric with the Knowledge domain. You might describe his alignment as White-Blue, though you could easily spin it as a number of other color combinations depending on his personality.

Damn dude that's some gr8 b8

I basically already do that with my CN Fighter. He lives by the lyrics of the song "Peace sell, but who's Buying?" by Megadeth.
>WHATTYA MEAN I'M NOT KIND?
>JUST NOT YOUR KIND.