Warhammer Fantasy General: Hashut, Ancestral God of Rule & Fire

Warhammer Fantasy General.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old Thread:
Older Thread:

Even Older thread:

Usually only link to the latest two threads or so, but last thread, the thread preceding that wasn't linked to.

First for Warhams.

>Do you not understand Chaos?

I do, it is just that when the risk outweighs the rewards, you are clearly retarded if you're holding onto the sword. The whole "He wasn't at full strength because reasons" is shitty writing at best. It's one thing taking a risk for greater rewards. It's another thing to hold onto something that actually makes you weaker at your moment of triumph.

And here's Grimnir.

Unpopular opinion: The new Archaon is actually a really nice model.

Problem is, it's so enormous, it overshadows any army you might care to build.
Centrepieces are fine, but most of the new big models just make you wonder why you spent weeks lovingly detailing every infantryman when you could just have just got away with a single ridiculous behemoth.

And finally Grungni. Nice candle on that helmet. Clearly the greatest of crowns.

Speaking of Hashut...

What rules are people using for their Chaos Dwarfs?

I have 40 Hobgoblins with bows and 2 Hobgoblin bolt throwers that I'm going to use for a Chaos Dwarf project.

The sculpts of newer models were never the issue. The increasingly "epic" and fantastical nature of them and the utter destruction of the fluff. Most new GW models actually look very nice - although I cannot comment on actual quality - it's just that they're not Warhammer Fantasy; not in game, tone, or fluff.

It had potential but it's too stylised and has that weird 'skulls in their flesh' thing that I can't stand.

As you say, it's also way too big. Overshadows everything else and is a pain in the arse to transport. The Manticore is much better in my opinion.

>such crowded fucking armour

I actually hate that art of Chaos Dwarfs. It's just "over the top" and just looks way, way too crowded in detail. It would've looked a lot more awesome if it'd just taken it easier on the spikyness and the useless detailing. As it is, it's even possibly to miss that the dwarf has a beard.

It's got a few really nice details to it, though. I love the cloven boots.

Could the Chaos Dwarfs build a Tank and bind a Juggernaut to it? Might be able to cut out the Steam entirely, then.

It wouldn't have to be a Juggernaut but any demon I guess.

Is it a coincidence Chaos Dwarfs are always drawn with those big noses while being the most greedy race?

I don't see why a daemon smith wouldn't attempt it The problem would be trying to sell it to someone who could pay for it.

>not knowing that Dwarves in general are based heavily on Jewish stereotypes

Fucking newbie cunt.

Yes.

I'm not terribly fond of most of the new models, as hinted at in this guys post I find them way to overcrowded and busy, and to much magic shit stuck to many of them

What started with the Fire Wizard on Fire has resulted in To Spooky For U Warcraft Nagash and his ilk.

They are to some extent. Tolkien wasn't an anti-Semite and people always seem to forget Dwarfs good characteristics like their loyalty and craftsmanship.

Oh I know, I fucking love Dwarves, the Iron Dwarves coming to the rescue in the Hobbit is perhaps one of my favourite bits of fantasy writing ever.

Fuck Peter Jackson for making Dwarves comical shits.

>and people always seem to forget Dwarfs good characteristics like their loyalty and craftsmanship
>people always seem to forget
>good characteristics like their loyalty and craftsmanship
Are you serious and did you just fuck up your own post?

They're literally based on assyrians and babylonians, semitic peoples.

You'll have to elaborate on this.

People seem not to forget about these characteristics, quite the opposite, they can't stop masturbating over them.

He's a cunt?

We're talking about Dwarfs in the context of anti-Semitism so I mean normies. All they see is 'they have big noses and they're greedy, clearly Jews'.

Literary jews by Tolkien was extremely much based on jews, to the point where their language was meant to be reminiscent of hewbrew and arabic, with lots of gutteral sounds and spitting. The entire greed thing is practically a Jewish "caricature".

The whole scottish/viking-ish influences came much later, and today much of the jewish stuff has been "cut out", to the point where what remains isn't instantly connected to the original stereotypes.

In a nutshell, everything positive about dwarves today is connected to scottish/viking-esque stereotypes, while everything negative is still very much tied to their caricature origins, which is actually hilarious, if you think about it.

Warhammer no doubt contributed to this, seeing as how there's a marked difference between Western Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs, to the point where western dwarfs basically use viking-esque runes and beards, horned helmets, clans with individual kings, dark-blonde, red or light-blonde hair and northern motiffs all over the place, while the Chaos Dwarfs are based on mesopotamian, semitic culture, with a deep greed, a disregard of nature in favour of materialist mass-industrialism, the acquisition, sale and use of slaves, and pronounced, hooked noses, and black hair.

Not him, but craftsmanship is also a jewish atribute. And loyalty, from their perspective.

I don't think this is what normalfags see, they see horned helmets and axes and think they are manlet vikings. Pretty much everyone knows that dwarves are good at creating things and building things. That they are somewhat based on the jews is only something people with some more knowledge about fantasy know.

Not all the negative characteristics, Tolkien said he made them great craftsmen based on Jewish culture in an interview.

I think Warhammer injected the Norse stuff because Fantasy was really all about Europe and the Old World.

The Dwarves miner stuff comes from Wales/North of England also.

So they're a medley of stuff.

Why making a tank when you can make demonic bikes to hand over to the frenzied guys?

>I mean normies

Normies have no fucking idea that dwarves are based on jews and semites, and if they know anything, it's how they're portrayed on an extremely superficial level and in the most popular works, such as the Lord of the Rings movies and Dungeons & Dragons. If they know anything, it's loyalty, craftsmanship, and mining.

And they sure as fuck don't connect that to jews, because dwarfs these days tend to be based on european cultures rather than semitic ones, regardless of the actual intent of Tolkien. Intent that we can mostly only speculate upon - loyalty and hard work are hardly common Jewish stereotypes, especially not in the time in which he lived. It's no wonder people didn't pick up upon the otherwise clear stereotypes and connected it to jewry (such as the language, and the greed). The craftsmanship thing is no doubt originally referenced as relating to jewelry and such, but came to encompass artisanry of all kinds, losing it's original connotations.

Dwarves miner stuff just comes from a combination of their greed and hardiness atributes. It's the perfect job for them, specially since they lived in the underground in old myths.

I really hate the whole Scottish/Viking Dwarf meme

This, specially since a lot of fantasy settings decide to include human barbarians that are already meme vikings.

It wouldn't have to be, no, I just felt like a Juggernaut would be a fitting daemon to be bound to a tank

>What started with the Fire Wizard on Fire has resulted in To Spooky For U Warcraft Nagash and his ilk.

Yeah, Warhammer Fantasy entered some kind of slippery fucking slope that ended with it being tipped into the fucking trash heap of the End Times. It needed to become more and more insane, for some reason, and halbardiers were somehow not enough anymore, but we needed stone gyrocopter carpet-bombings, fully-automatic ogre-fists, daemon-riding generals capable of shattering the world, and it just went on and on and on.

The actual spirit of Warhammer Fantasy was just drowned out in the white noise of practical and literal gods slapping their oversized cocks against eachother and dragging it across the table.

Warhammer Fantasy threads seem to be moving faster than usual.

Is this a revival?

If someone was to defend the jews in the 19th and early 20th centuries (or even today) he would certainly talk about hard work. Hard work is not only about physical labour, a businessmen who starts from zero and grows rich and succesful would also be considered a hard worker. And that's basically what jews have been doing since they left Israel.

The worst part was incomprehensible lore changes so that their story wouldn't be broken. More so than it was already, that is. To me, Warhammer's setting is like Star Trek where it's very much about the world it builds and not like Star Wars which is about a small group of characters and things are made up on the fly. If you break the rules of the setting it becomes less interesting.

Maybe? I just hope those anons that got into the game find a group sometime soon. It sucks being in an area where there is no one to play with.

Makes more sense than them being jews. That said, I think that as dwarfs are in Warhammer Fantasy, for example, makes them stand out a lot in their own right, and unless people know the backgrounds, they are not overly tied to their literary history.

Depends on the way they do it. Warhammer Fantasy, for example, clearly plays up different aspects of vikingdom completely.

Sorta like how Bretonnia and Albion are both partly based on Britain, but Albion is celtic myth, rather than arthurian legend.

nah, the rules discussions are gone as many of the hobbystic projects

talking about "history" and possibilities is still cool tho

I have a feeling Games Workshop isn't quite finished with Warhammer Fantasy yet.

I'm here for the WFRP

If they like money, sure. But GW doesn't do research or things like take criticism from their fanbase. Had they released 7th/8th edition Bretonnia I would have bought the shit out of it, if the models weren't over the top garbage that is.

Nostalgia is a rich vein of revenue for them. I think they're finally starting to realise their IP is their most valuable asset. I doubt this means we'll get Fantasy back but stuff set in the Old World is probably on the cards.

>Hard work is not only about physical labour, a businessmen who starts from zero and grows rich and succesful would also be considered a hard worker.

This, however, is not the kind of work we're talking about with the dwarfs. And it depends entirely on how you earned that money. Success is not equal to hard work.

>And that's basically what jews have been doing since they left Israel.

Hahaha, no. Usury banking, slave trade, trafficking, political subversion and media agitation doesn't count as "hard work" just because you get rich on it. And certainly not in a fantasy, dwarven context.

unlikely given the amount of stuff still do to for AoS and the stance they have to hold about it

Considering that Jews were barred from like 95% of occupations the fact that they are seen as a cabal of influential rich people controlling things behind the scenes just means one thing.

Non-jews weren't working hard enough the lazy fucking ingrate bastards.

>just means one thing.
reptilian protectors

I just really like the roleplaying game.

>I have a feeling Games Workshop isn't quite finished with Warhammer Fantasy yet.

I have that feeling to.

It is not a good feeling.

> I think they're finally starting to realise their IP is their most valuable asset.

They realized that a long time ago, which is why they started aggressively changing everything they could in order to copyright it. It's why 40k is such a clusterfuck of retcons and nonsense now.

Hell, I'm convinced it's part of the reason why they canned Fantasy and created Age of Shitmar - Age of Shitmar, which is full of unique labels and names and words, all under the copyright of Games Workshop.

You can't copyright Elf or Dwarf or Ork. But Aelf, Duardin and Orruk? No problemo.

GW really is retarded enough to throw away their IP just to create a new IP, based on the belief that IP:s are their most valuable assets. Completely ignoring that the value of IP:s are contextual and that having a copyright on a word doesn't actually change the value of that word in itself. Fucking nuts.

Doesn't Britain have like crazy copyright laws? I remember a story about GW trying to bully some other company into not using 'Space Marine' which they felt they owned, to which they replied 'make us', forcing GW to stand down and rethink its policy on using generic names for most armies.

Yeah they should have realised that by IP we didn't mean anything created by GW but the stuff that had been built over 30 years. That can't be replaced or bought.

I always thought if they wanted copyrightable names just use German to represent Reikspiel and have an in-universe name for everything.

Britain's copyright laws are no different to anywhere else in the Western World.

Afaik, Britain has pretty standard copyright laws, as evidenced by the fact that GW had to back down from that. But yes, that is supposedly what sparked it.

It's an insane line of thinking, though. They lose nothing by not having a copyright on the word or concept of "Space Marines". Copyright has no value in itself, other than to protect your rights. Nobody has tried to "steal" aspects of the Warhammer universe in any meaningful way, and it's unlikely that anyone that would try to do so would be dissuaded by their use of "Duardin" or "Aelf" instead of "Dwarf" and "Elf"; they'd simply say "Dwarf" and "Elf", after all.

Meanwhile, their brand recognition goes down the toilet because nobody has any fucking clue what Orruk means, and even those that do know that "Oh, it's just another word for fucking orks."

Maybe Germany, then. I know they shut down a lot of fan projects over it, even though it was just something made for free by a bunch of guys in their spare time.

Every company does that though. Nintendo shut down AM2R even though it was not for profit and very well received.

Germany has pretty insane and draconian laws in general, especially regarding copyrights and free speech, so this sounds a lot more likely, yeah. Sadly, in many ways, modern-day Germany is very much a banana republic.

I can in no way see how Germany is like a banana republic.

The short version is that companies don't like loosing control of their IP and so they guard them very jealously.

>I can in no way see how Germany is like a banana republic.

You cannot question the constitution. Not just act against it. You cannot question it. If you break laws that naturally infringe on free speech, which cannot be determined until you have already broken said laws, those laws additionally being open for wide interpretation, you can face years in prison, and if you don't openly and vocally decry and disavow whomever was sentenced for breaking such laws, even if it's your family, you similarly face the possibility of prison sentences. Parties can be banned, despite accepting all laws and regulations, and when this is attempted, they sometimes go free anyway, because it cannot be determined whether the rationale for attempting to ban them can be attributed to the party itself, or is attributable to government agents from the security police and secret police - agents of the same government that is attempting to ban them. And let's not get started on the fact that YouTube videos are banned near-randomly, even against the wishes of the actual IP holders, because something like GEMA claim ownerships that they do not even have, or that you can be sentenced to prison and enormous fines for infringing on copyrights even by accident; and that it, as opposed to most western countries, is enforced by means of mass surveillance and tracking.

Banana. Republic.

>The short version is that companies don't like loosing control of their IP and so they guard them very jealously.

This is sometimes a valid concern, but the law of the land affects this greatly, and in the case of Games Workshop, there is practically never any concrete reason for jealously guarding their IP:s, and canning your greatest strength - your IP - just so you can market a new IP that you can copyright, is pretty much the most ass-backwards thing you can do.

>no lashing of the hands and arms
>armor is not distinctly old-fashioned and covered in candles or prayer slips or broken swords
>does not have peasants carrying the remains of the horse around

I know I'm autistic, and I really do want to love that Bretonnia's getting all this attention, but I can't love the rather generic direction CA seems to be going, cutting corners instead of getting all the little details that deserve to be in there.

>general
Fuck off

Where are you seeing this? Also they seem to cut a lot of corners, probably because there's just so much to adapt. Elves look like humans and dryads look like treekin.

It was just posted last thread - I mean, I like some of the details they included, and even the way they seem to be working around peasants and a horse is clever. But it's just not near as cool.

That's actually not bad, but it could use the horse skeleton taking his master into battle one last time. That's a really nice hood, too.

It's not bad at all, but it could be a lot closer to the concept art, and I think that would make it look cooler. Notice how the armor doesn't look archaic at all, or even like the corpse is being revered a little too much.

That's pretty good. I thought Bretonnia was already in the game though, are they updating them or something?

Does anyone have the scale for these?

They would make awesome town houses for an Empire city but if they're 15mm they may be too small. A comparison shot would be perfect.

Nice. Anymore of these for different factions?

25mm *

>Banana. Republic.
Not him, but that's not literally OR figuratively how to use the term.
Sorry, my autism wouldn't let it slide.

Yeah it just sounds like you want 'totalitarian' or 'authoritarian', banana republic usually refers more to the fact that they're economically unstable and in South America, rather than their dictatorial nature.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic

>More generally, it is a derogatory term for a country that is considered to have a weak economy, a dishonest or cruel government, and public services that do not work.

Authoritarian or totalitarian would actually be an improvement to the random, wilful nature of the economical and judicial state Germany is in.

Well you better get used to letting it slide, because the term "Bananen-Republik Deutschlands" isn't going anywhere.

yeah they make good movies

New Archaon is like bringing the Tantive IV into a battle of X-Wing. That's for a different ruleset, it doesn't belong in a proper game.

Its like bringing a Tau Manta into an ordinary game of 40k. That doesn't work, it belongs in a different game with a different scale.

Anyone still play Mordheim? Would love some ideas for scenarios or objectives. Current bands in the group are Skaven/High Elves/Dwarf Treasure hunters, eventually gonna work in goblins and wood elves as well. We've done most of the vanilla scenarios from the 300 page compilation book, then twisted them a tad to make them different (Wyrdstone hunt with searching rules, potential ambushes from random critters or in one case street urchins). Would love to hear ideas for game types or terrain that other people have had a good time with.

Warhammer Dwarf miners are based on the early folk of northern England, who lived in small mining communities with very little women that relied heavily on alcohol to not kill themselves and were generally surly. That's where the Grudge concept came from, basically all of the stories of those folk are about fights and raiding with stupid justifications.

Tolkien Dwarf miners, I'm not sure about.

I'm here for Total Warhammer and the lore.

Or you could just get used to being called out on your bullshit when you use it.

>Authoritarian or totalitarian would actually be an improvement to the random, wilful nature of the economical and judicial state Germany is in.

So first discrediting Germany as it is, and then calling for a strong leader to come in and put the jackboot down.

You should get in touch with the Kremlin, you can get paid for posting that sort of stuff.

>being this much of a shill
Have fun warmongering.

Everything you say is wrong.

t. german lawyerfag

>early folk of northern England, who lived in small mining communities with very little women that relied heavily on alcohol to not kill themselves and were generally surly.
>early

>Or you could just get used to being called out on your bullshit when you use it.

It's an accepted term. Whether you like it or not doesn't really matter.

>Everything you say is wrong.
>t. german lawyerfag

Everything I said has happened.

Keep /pol/ in /pol/.
You're not supposed to discuss politics in a WHF thread.

What if it's about the Elector Counts? Fucking Altdorf, man.

Favorite warhammer characters?

I'll just have to point you to my previous statement on that. I'm not going to pro-bono discuss 12 and a half different points of bullshit with someone who is unable or unwilling to see reason.

Your posts merit no more than this: you are fucking wrong.

Be'lakor.
Archaon.
Mannfred.
Teclis.

All the greats.

Fuck yeah. Too bad Kislev never got enough support. I mean Winged Lancers, the Tzarina n and Bear Cavalry. But no good foot troops, no good war machines, no monsters no love.

Actually, if you paid attention to anything instead of being the what I assume American invalid you are, you'd understand copyrights for Wargames are a huge issue.

The issue GW had was with generic names, a Third Party company could produce a model for a Unit in the army ( The Spore pods for Tyranids being the best example ) and then copyright their own design WITH THE NAME. GW would then be Label to be sued when they made their own.

Effectively, anything GW wrote in their books could be made by a third party and then copyrighted, meaning GW couldn't make those models themselves.

Which is why specifically we saw the loss of the Spore pods from a nid Dex until GW sorted it out with the renamed cysts.

You've just proved my point. Germany has a strong economy and it's public services work fine.

You're only referring to the government. Nobody would use banana republic to describe Germany. I'm sorry but let it go, you're wrong.

Emmanuelle von Liebwitz, the party Queen.

A buddy of mine gave me a bag of bits lately and some of these goblins were in the bag. Anyone know which specific set they're from?

Warhammer Quest or Hero Quest.

You have impeccable taste.

They were also in the old swarm boxed set.

Boris Todbringer ofc.

I'm loyal to my count you cunt