How many games have you started (Mostly) naked and afraid?

How many games have you started (Mostly) naked and afraid?

Other urls found in this thread:

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3092513
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One.
Life.

spin the bottle

What kind of games are you getting into man?

The one game we must all play.

This thread feels like a really blatant advertisement for that patreon, so let's share controversial opinions about the Souls series.

>There was no need for Dark Souls 2 and 3. Bloodborne was a much better game. There shouldn't be a Bloodborne 2 either. If I could ban From from ever making sequels I would do it.

>The game I most want from From now is a BLAME! videogame.

i see.

I included the parts at the bottom so no one would ask for the sause. That said, people will still ask for the sause.

Started? In my experience that's how it usually ends.

Your move, friend.

A rock-bottom level D&D game where we were all orphans using a class our DM found on a wiki. Entire city was a massive dungeon and even stray dogs could kill us if angered. Food shortages and disease were the biggest threats, along with the fact that urchins were such a problem in the city that they were considered "vermin" rather than "people". It was during a civil war as well.

Only two of the four of us rolled enough on their starting money to afford clothes.

Game fell apart due to scheduling conflicts, which was a shame, it was brutal and we loved it.

We were all wearing skintight suits that left nothing to the imagination when we left our cloning vats... but yeah essentially naked and afraid.

Lets just nip that right in the bud.

HA! You wasted your entire turn distracted by my magical illusion of a face down Yugioh card. Now I summon Valthezon the Eternal Nuclear Destroyer from the left!

We'll i've played Kingdom Death Recently. So we had the naked, and the afraid.

I'm currently playing a game where we started at 0th level, woke up not knowing where we were, and could only assume we'd been kidnapped. We were assigned classes at the end of the first session and leveled to 1 based on what we did and what character types we requested.

Now we're level 4, and it's pretty much a normal adventure. Starting at level 0th level really only affected the first session.
It was a neat idea, though.

Unless you roll really badly you get a patron who supplies you with gear and has so many levels more than you it's unreal.

But you always spawn naked and afraid.

Christ. Don't get me wrong that sounds like good fun, but why even use d&d? It doesn't sound like you had any use of gear or classes, certainly not any magic, and even use of skills would be lacking.

I misspoke, I mean the class just doesn't sound like it could have much to it

Once. It was a GURPS game, our party started off in a prison cell with nothing but loin cloths.
Didn't really matter because I was a wizard. The martial artist didn't need that shit anyway so he was fine. The fighter had to build makeshift stuff.
Probably didn't work exactly as planned, but it was fun. Easy to hook players when they have to work to get shit.

I've always wanted to try one of these, but my usual player group says it never works out good.

Also that's a suprisingly good comic OP

Does a riposte with a gravitational beam emitter

Nightmare slain

Most because my past dms think the only way to get you invested in a story is if their dmpcs rescue you in your hour of need and brand a loyalty mark into you.

I fucking knew it!

>>There was no need for Dark Souls 2 and 3. Bloodborne was a much better game. There shouldn't be a Bloodborne 2 either. If I could ban From from ever making sequels I would do it.
This is a very popular opinion.
From won't do a BB2, they signed up with Sony for four games all to be set in a different universe.

None of their games are hard to beat and the "story" of the games is meh at best.

So this is what contrarianism has come to.

I disagree with you, but I largely feel Dark Souls 2 and 3 could have been expansion packs for Dark Souls, because people only wanted new environments and boss fights.

The only thing wrong with DS2 was that it needed another year or three of development. And Soul Memory.

>>The game I most want from From now is a BLAME! videogame.
No anime or vidya can do BLAME! justice. But From could get close enough that it won't be a complete disappointment.

I want a pirate game.

That's that one Assassin's Creed...

>browse gebooru for more Bloodborne art
>gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3092513
God dammit, Slugbox!

Not that guy, but I want that.

I want Sid Meier's Pirates, in space.

I want the whole goddamn thing. Banging the Govenor's Daughter, finding buried treasure, and sword fights.

Except, in space.

And a remade Covert Action.

Thick.

There are a few reasons I dislike DS2 and there are some things wrong with DS3. THe thing that both have in common is that they rely too much on DS1.
Keep all the gameplay stuff as is ('cept in DS2 maybe...) but change the lore. DS2's Throne of Want thing had nothing to do with what happened in DS1, so why make this flimsy connection and senseless callbacks? Same with DS3, let the world be its own thing.

I feel like the best thing they could do right now is armored souls.

I would pay fucking money to explore a bombed out and ruined great civilization as a fucking mech in a combination of their armored core and dark souls styles.

Fucking dark souls worldbuilding, resource mechanics, and bossfights along with armored core boosting and mech action.

Goddamn.

Dark Souls 2 wasn't that bad.

you'd be flayed by /v/ for this, but I agree entirely. Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne make a perfect trio, no sequels were needed.

Dark Souls < Demon Souls < Bloodborne

I teleport behind you.

>all that cash flying around, all these smiles

Eh.

beyblade is dihimon they are better go to bed

The fuck man? That's not the time for magic ninja tricks, play your damn turn already!

>you'd be flayed by /v/ for this, but I agree entirely. Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne make a perfect trio, no sequels were needed.
>Dark Souls < Demon Souls < Bloodborne
This is actually widely supported on /v/, at least that I've seen.

One. We were in highschool and the players, myself were all really immature about it, rolling for "dick size" and such. It probably took away from the whole "you have been sold into slavery together" intro rather than add to it. DM was fine with it, he was a good sport.

Rust?

Personally, I feel like that the Souls series is overrated trash that isn't even that difficult. The only semblance of difficulty is, in fact, just artificial that makes it look difficult when it's not at all.

While my ninja mad skills have distracted you, I was able to run a campaign for gay marriage in the middle square!
Your move.

Every game with my GM starts something around "You have no gear aside basic clothes", since he's filtering normies and power fantasists out with the introductionary scenarios when we have to fend for ourselves rather than slaying dragons and conquering kingdoms.

From is finally free from the evil clutches of Bandai Namco, right?

Yeah probably. Since there was no DS4 announcement, From likely completed their contract.

And with them getting bought by a huge book publisher, they have the financial backing to not have to take shitty deals from the likes of Scamco anymore.

The difficulty isn't really the sole factor that draws people to these games IMO.

>random nipple leaf
I hate it when artists do this. Either have naked people or don't have naked people.

What, was your dm getting class information from hellMOO?

I want Machine Souls. I need more Souls combat.

>If I could ban From from ever making sequels I would do it.
>one less mecha series in production
You fiend!

I'm not too good at this circle thing

Soulsfags are the fucking worst.

They play babby's first XxXhardcoreXxX video game and see everything in terms of "how much like Dark Souls is this?"

That sounds interesting for a game, but doing that every time sounds like it would get old fast, if a PC is a veteran would it be so far fetched for them to have their old standard issue war gear? If a character has some wealth in their background or had been doing some small adventuring and odd jobs previously would it be completely inconceivable for them to have some stuff? No. I don't think a PC who has some gear is automatically a power fantasy.

Most people don't just like Dark Souls cuz "omg so hard >.

The Souls games are 3D Metroidvania.

There was one game were we started hot headed but that quickly changed when we both got infected from shifting through bodies and rot for loot. Spent an in game weak blowing through our very limited firewood and water. We smartened up fast after that.

This
>He wants to not have had For Answer, Last Raven, and Verdict day
Shut your whore mouth.

Tip. Starting games like you start real life is always fun, which is why my player's characters start off screaming, naked, covered in blood, with no knowledge of any setting details.

You forgot to mention the exhilarating feeling you have after finishing a boss battle by the skin of your arse.

Oh, I see I've used the wrong word. It's not about every scenario.
It's about starting new game, with new group. You know, freshly minted characters, people who never played before together, that kind of deal.

And wealth, experience and other things don't matter at all. He has few "standard issue" scenarios prepared (I'm playing with this guy for past 12 years, I'm pretty much the safety fuse for new people joining his games when they've got lost in his pattern of thinking) for introductionary games and they've are paved in such way that either you think your way out of the shit, or you die and he makes sure you won't even consider getting back for the next game to try again.

The best part is how those scenarios are all semi-pregenerated, but even if I know the basic premise of them all, I'm still unable to hammer down all the important elements myself.

I once entered a campaign a few sessions in as a prisoner of an evil cult. They had attacked my character's village and were taking as many living prisoners as they could to be used for blood sacrifices. When the party found him he was part of a chain gang being lead to the abandoned mines where the cult preformed their vile rituals.
After being freed from his chains the party informed him that the cult had already slaughtered everyone in the neighbouring village, the very same village he'd sent his wife and children to a month before. It was fun playing Death Wish: Dwarf Edition from then on, though it was kind of a dick move by the GM to give me false hope that they'd be safe.