Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Sanguinilla With The Exodites Edition

So Colonel, if I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying that the penal Regiment designated "Theta Gamma", will be staying on planet in order to celebrate Sanguinilla? On a jungle deathworld?
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>Why don't you guys move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why. Quests are directed by a single GM giving choices to the players, this is completely freeform.

>Then what the fuck is this?
Somewhat of a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay set in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>is tuning his guitar, walking towards the tanker's tank to return the carbine
>he silently hums to himself

>The battle priest walks around the imperial camp and gives out ration chocolate bars for every trooper in the memory of the hero primarch

>Everyone gets one from a sack he carries with him

That is indeed correct Trooper. Why they would ever wish to do such a thing however, is absolutely beyond me.

>Is wherever, resting with Lien, looking at the sky
"Oh, it's Sanguinala today, I nearly forgot!"
>he looks Lien
"We should go visit the senpai-*cough*-tankers"

>The young lady would frown upon hearing this. Her eyes momentarily directed towards the men, women, and various xenos that would make up Theta Gamma.
>"How in the Emperor's golden throne did my brother manage to keep his sanity with such people around... It's maddening!"

If that there are no further questions, then you are all dismissed!
>With that, the men and women of the 277th mechanised Infantry regiment would begin returning to their assigned duties and various other posts.

*fami-cough-tankers

>With her duties currently completed for the day. Isabelle would find herself with, unfortunate as it is... Nothing to do.

>he walks over to him, handing him a chocolate

>he walks over to him, giving him a bar of chocolate

>he throws one to him, a bar of chocc

>he gives one to her too, a bar of chocolate

>A rather tall, bearded man wanders around with the fresh recruits, looking slightly lost and confused
>he wears a thick fur coat and a red scarf, the coat is so big you can only see his shining black boots

>With his regiment dispersing out, the Colonel would cast a weary eye towards the troopers of Theta Gamma.
>In all honesty, he didn't trust them. And he wasn't sure he'd ever be able to such a thing.

Excuse me sir, but how do we know what date it is on Holy Terra after traveling through the warp?

>he looks at him with an beffuzled smile
"...thanks mate"

>He'd cast a glance towards the Officer, before responding.

We brought a Astropatic choir along with us Lieutenant. Or were you not given a proper briefing about the need for this garrison?

I was told almost nothing about my station here, other than that it was for the glory of the Emperor.

>As he walks around looking straight ahead, he accidentally bumps into the little creature
>he looks down
"Ah! Izvienya, madam, I did not see you there"

>he smiles
It is a special occasion, we celebrate the martyrdom of the emperor's son Sangunius

>he bites into his chocolate
"Oh, yeah, mum told me how he died"
>he takes another bite
"Took a bullet for Emps"

>he forces a chocolate bar into the hand of one of the eldar guardians who came with the overseer and makes him/her to take atleast one bite

>he turns back to deckard
Oh, i hear he got beaten to death, still a glorious last stand

>he chuckles
"Figure of speech, mate"

Of course they didn't give you the full explanation, why bother with that if you aren't sticking around!

This outpost's sole reason for existance is to monitor a nearby Ork empire, and warn the Imperium if it starts to get out of hand, all whilst occasionally send troops out to "thin the herd" so to speak. Otherwise this world is of no value.

>The diminutive trooper would look up, and flutter her eyes at the man.

No, it should be I who apologize to you Sire. I'm afraid my mind was concentrated on matters that are far from my control. I only hope that you can accept my dearest apogises on the matter.

>She would perform a small curtsy.

>the large man smiles behind his black beard and preforms a deep bow
"Your vocabulary is that of an educated individual, madam. I accept your apology gratefully and humbly hope you do mine"
>he has a thick, eccentric not!russian accent

>Has returned to base, keeping an eye out for priests as well as well as Inquisitors

>The tankers are sitting in their tank, happily munching away on the chocolate Peepers gave them.

>he smiles

Figures, i used to collect some before i gave them away, i allways liked small versions of imperial saints

>Peepers strolls up to the tankers, whom he considers his friends, since they accepted him with less suspicion than the others

>Her lips would curve into a small smile, as she speaks.

I'm afraid I cannot accept any such apology from you Sire, for you have nothing to apologize for. This turn of events would entirely of my own doing, and I would be remiss if I let you take any of the blame for my actions.

>She would preform another small curtsy.

By I do appreciate your attempts at sparring a lady such as myself the shame of taking on all of the blame upon her honour. It is a very kind act in and of itself.

>he sighs and chuckles again
"Oi, cat! Here's your gun back!"

>the man's smile does not fade behind his thick, well kept beard as he gives a slow, deep nod
"I understand, madam, and commend your repentance, as well as your refined vocabulary. May I be so brash to inquire your name?"

>The Tankers wave at the Priest.
Thanks for the Chocolate father, nice to have something extra around this time.

>Anya picks it up and takes a look at it.
I...d-did you break it?

>Out in the depths of space. Hidden upon a blue and green world, deep within Segmentum Solar.
>The sounds of combat would be strong from within one of the training room of the 72nd Epsilic Valkyries Schola.
>Children of all ages would be seen fighting eachother. Each one is fitted with a small shield, and a knife, while having been partnered up with an adult instructor, equipped only with a chestplate of the standard white and gold Carapace armour.
>Each childs task: To somehow, through whatever means they deem necessary, land a blow upon their instructor before the time limit ran out, or not receive dinner that night.
>One of the instructors, a fair skinned man, with shaggy blonde hair, and sapphire blue eyes, would be paired with a young girl, herself perhaps no older than eight or nine Terran years of age. A fire burning brightly in her Green eyes, as her short, fire red hair dances about her, while she attempts to out manoeuvre her instructor.
>Without hesitation, the instructor would grab her by her knife wielding hand, and would twist hard. Causing her knife to fall out of her hand, and onto the floor with a clatter.
>With his opponent disarmed, he'd pull her towards him, before sending a swift kick to the back of her legs, sending her flying for but a moment, before catching the girl, and sending her face first into the practice mat at their feet.

"Nope! Actually managed to not fuck it up!"
>he smiles proudly
"So, what do you guys do on Sanguinala?"

>This was the sixth time this week the girl had asked to spar with him. And it seemed that in but a mere few seconds, it would be her sixth night without dinner.
>With a frown, the instructor would begin to back away from the child. The fight seemingly having been knocked out of her for the moment.
>Wait... was that glint he saw hidden underneath her?
>A moment later, the girl would pull a second blade out from under her training shirt, before thrusting it towards the man's chestplate.
>With not enough time to react, the instructor would be unable to avoid the blade, as with a loud screech, would leave a long, yet narrow scratch along the man's once pure white armour.
>With that, a small bell chime would be heard, signalling the end of the match.
>The two would stand there ground for a moment, starring at eachother, before the instructor would finally break down and laugh.
>The girl would soon follow suite in the laughter.

>The trooper would smile.

You may indeed. But only after being so kind as to tell me your own name first. It's only polite for the man to do a such a thing first.

Celebrate, spend time with our odd little group, friends...give presents, usual stuff.

>Walks between lines of soldiers.
Men...
Women...
Abhumans of all kinds...

Command has decided that even Penals are to be given a chance to celebrate Sanguinalia.

Proceed to cargo, your new kits of weapons, armors, ammo and overalls have arrived to replace the ones surely wasted by combat that you wear, as a Special Sanguinalia consideration I made sure that each kit comes from the same planet, and failing to do so, sector that you all come from.

...Don't get used to this kindness. I don't give it lightly.

Sangui-what?

>his eyes widen
"Ah! But, of course! Where is my courtesy? I am Sasha Alexei Dimitrii Yuri Prometheus the third. Althiugh my closer acquaintants call me the 'Bear'. I do not know why"

"Oh! Lovely! Does it include drinking? I'll join you if there's drinking"

>he smiles
"Long story. So, wanna go visit the tankers?"

Sure.

>he puts her hand over his shoulder and picks her up bridal style
"And don't you think I'm letting go of you this time, missy! You keep running off and getting your pretty little head hurt when I do"

>She would give the man a potential curtsy as she begins to introduce herself.

I am Isabelle Ordenius of house Ordenius. Daughter and youngest of Maraine and Jonell Ordenius' four children.

>Her hazel eyes would flutter.

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance SADYiP.

>She giggles
I don't intend to.
>Pecks his cheek.

>he chuckles
"I implore you, choose one, for time sake, madam Ordenius...of house Ordenius...daughter and youngest of Maraine and Jonell Ordenius' four children"
>he bows yet again

>he pecks her nose...area in return as he walks to the tank
"Good"

>The eldar don't understand why the mon'keigh are surrounding trees with light-bulbs of different colors.

>The farseer get approached by the priest

Farseer!

>he carries his sack with him

You....have to bring your own booze...

Yes?

Great.

>he holds out a bar of chocolate to her

>his face looks serious

>he carries her to the tank
"Hey! Did we miss the party starting?"
"No, there's no booze even"
"Ah, easily fixable!"
>he carries Lien into the tank
"Well, about time you meet my relatives.. relative...only living one, apparently"

It's a celebration! You should join in, have fun!

>Alice watches for the Farseer's reaction.

Uhm... what is... what is that?
>She literally looks like she has no idea what the man is offering to her.
>The exodites scratch their heads and look at each other before one of them shrugs and takes a drink.
>The others follow... albeit quite slowly.

O-oh.
>Looks a bit nervous.
Am I presentable?

Chocolate, i insist you put it in your mouth
its good

>She slowly and curiously holds it, before smelling it.

Does it have... any secondary effects?

>The young farseer seems entirely curious.

Hmmm...
>he rubs his chin

I hear it makes you feel happy, try it, i insist
>he smiles

>he chuckles
"Of course you are. You're beautiful. Look at a mirror and the mirror won't help but to gawk"

>She turns it around in her hand to eye it from every direction.
If you insist I believe a bite can't hurt...
>She opens her mouth slightly and takes a small bite.
>Her eyes widen and she makes a short pause.
>It's as if she had turned into stone, completely still until...
>She takes a few more bites, a bit quicker until there's no chocolate on her hand.

>Is busy hiding in the vents
>Has managed to get himself some food, and happily eats it

>She blushes to that.

>he observes with a stupid grin
I see you like it

>he shakes his bag
I got more if you want

This is a quite delicious substance, how did you say it was called, chocolate?

... and yes please...

>Deckard approaches them
"Kane, you wretched mummy!'
"Kane, you miserable cyclops!"
"I suppose we should celebrate Sanguinalia."
"Yes, suppose so"
"Well, merry Sanguinalia"
"Likewise. I'd like you to meet Lien. Lien, this is Deckard"
>he bows and pretends to take his non existemt hat off

Yes, it comes in bars or liquids, i happened to find theese under a busy air traffic zone on my home planet, fell out of a transport they did

>he sits down on a bench and pats for her to join him
>he takes out and unwraps another chocolate bar

A-ah. P-pleased to meet you.
>Shas'Lien would bow too, albeit her faceplate would slide down to hide her face as she does.

>She does indeed join him.

>he gives her the chocolate
Eat slowly now..

Tell me Farseer, do you talk to humans often?

>From down below his vent shaft would come a voice.

RAAAAAAGAAAAA~! WHERE ARRRRRRE YOOOOUUUU~!

I'VE GOT A TASTY TREEEEEAAAAAT FOR YOU~!

"Hells, Kane, how did you keep her and a neck not broken?"
"Oh, don't know...maybe because I used my 'eeeevil speels'"
"Like you could remember a simple spell?'

>The diminutive trooper would smile.

I shan't keep you any longer Sire. I'm sure you must be incredibly busy right now.

Um....no you didn't miss the party starting....I can't imagine why you'd think you did....

"I might be. I wouldn't know. I was dropped off here with the...what is the common term...new bloods...without direct commands. I have been hoping for some sane being to point me to the right path. And I see I have, at last, found one"

Well, I'm afraid I might not be able to help you out very much Sire. I'd assume that since you're here with new bloods, you'd be looking for someone from that penal regiment. Theta Gamma.

"Ah. Apologies. Then I bid you good day. You yourself must be horribly busy, and I would rather not distuev you"

>She takes it and she eats it on small bites.
Not really, no. Mmn this tastes nice...
Most of the time interactions with Mon'Keigh is to simply watch you don't accidentaly bring a daemon to realspace in silence or war.

Sometimes War to prevent you bringing a daemon to existence.

Or awakening a tomb world.

U-uh...
>She looks between the both of them nervously.
D-do you two need privacy to catch-up?

What do you think of humans?
>he eats chocolate himself

You're naive, primitive childs trying to play adults with oversized guns, dying technology and surrounded by enemies on every corner trying to send you to the grisp of extinction and generating cults to the Great Enemy every two days that only help on feeding power to She Who Thrists and her three evil brothers and if not overseen you'll make it out to bring the end of us all into a chaotic nightmarish.

You also have surprisingly good culinary arts.

>he raises his finger

But we did manage to go this far withought dying, so i guess we are not *that* bad

>he chews on chocolate

>She takes another bite.
Well we've been overseeing your kin since your... warmaster tried to kill your God with tools of the great Enemy and we've been eliminating the fools that tried or would, inadvertedly or otherwise, bring an end to us all that we had become aware of.

Sometimes, the enemy is just ignorance.

And of course, we also go to war when your overcompensative expansion endangers our kin... or our future.

>She looks at the exodites when saying that last bit.

>he leans closer with a shit eating grin
...you called Him a God
>takes another bite from the chocolate

So?
Every race has their gods.
We had ours... long ago.

Well, i am sorry for your loss
>he says out of decency

At least Khaine is partially among us, and Cegorach and Isha survived the birth of She Who Thrists...

>Kane smiles
"It's just some small chat dear"
"Yes, miss Lien, only smallchat"
>Kane pulls her up close to him as Deckard Looks away
"But...fret not, I'm yours fully"

>Blushes intensely inside the helmet.
I-I know that...

>Carefully opens the vent
Here. It's good to see yer all better again.

>he smiles and kisses her helmet
"Aww, you're blushing under there, aren't you?"

>She'd frown when his head peaks out.

Ragaa! Emperor's throne! I've been looking for you for well over a day now!

>Eventually the frown would turn into a smile, and she'd had him a small bag.

Is this where you've been hiding?

>She lets out a whispered "V-very."

Trooper Ordenius may we speak?

>The trooper would stand at attention.

Is there something I can help you with M'lord?

>he kisses her forehelmethead
"Well...just gotta do one thing and then we can escape"

Well, for last few hours, yes. Yesterday I dug meself a hole an' covered me in mud. Wasn't nice when a squad had to walk over me during training, but what can yer do.

>the hulking, large man stands stiff and gives a firm salute
"Kommisar"

>She'd look utterly confused by this.

But... Why?