Necroliberalism

How would an economic system based in reanimated corpses work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HGQghEWUFR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Badly.

The undead would be set upon by humans eager to steal their fluids for bootleg painkillers
youtube.com/watch?v=HGQghEWUFR0

Wouldn't all of the corpses just spread disease?

depends on how well they are kept and the conditions they work in.

I suggest you read "Making Money" by Terry Pratchett (R.I.P.)

replace Golem with Zombie

I'm doing this in my campaign. A confederation of seven or so 'houses' of different kinds of necromancer came together in the graveyard of antiquity and made a home. They're allowed to be necromancers who aren't evil just by way of being necromancers so long as they help defend against any demon invasions which is pretty easy when they can just raise a tarrasque skeleton and stomp most shit.
The population is small due to how cold it is and how short the growing season is but is much more educated than most of their counterparts since skeles work most of the fields while their controller reads or trains or any shit to contribute to the town. A whole bunch of yearly celebrations to honor both the living, dead, and undead as well as the overworked god of death who lets them do this shit.

BUMP

Accidental global deadening after the sheer amount of negative energy allowed the planar brane to start merging with the negative energy plane's.

That was a fun campaign. "OOPS, WHAT DO YOU MEAN ALL THAT TOXIC MAGIC WASTE WE'VE BEEN THROWING IN THE BIG NEGATIVE ENERGY PIT AND UNDEAD WE'VE BEEN USING FOR LABOR IS CAUSING OUR UNIVERSE TO WARP? WHAT, DO YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO WORK FOR A LIVING AND RECYCLE?"

The kobold eco-terrorists were RIGHT.

In a Necroliberal democracy, the dead have voting rights, same as the living. Their sheer numbers make them a far more weighty and important demographic for politicians to appeal to. This leads to huge stagnation in terms of political development and progress, as the dead rarely want things to change and fiercely oppose most proposed drafted legislation.

That's beautiful...and reminiscent.

It's all fun and games till liberals show up and complain about you "living privilege" and start protesting that "dead lives matter".

also your zombies should have the right to marry each other

The way i challenge necronomics is following the 5e model, they're only under your control for 10 hours, unless you've got a sizeable force of very good wizards you're gonna get like 10 workers a day, tops.

Post-labor society where education and healthcare is free and the living use their extra time to work on artistic, economic and scientific or magical pursuits.

Eventually reach singularity when the most skilled become elder liches and pool the consciousness of all beings into one super organism. Thereby providing immortality and the access to to accumulated knowledge of society to all.

I remember pic related, from "The Reaper"

This sounds suspiciously like something a scheming, possibly undead mindflayer would plot.

yes, but in Making Money there is an issue with an near perpetual workforce that doesn't need to eat sleep bathe or wear clothes

So is rincewind just taking the piss here? I've only read the stories about the city watch.

Terminal Cafe by Ian McDonald does a good job of detailing the power struggles of a subservient caste of nanotechnology reanimated dead. You die, you lose everything but your life. Welcome to a life of indentured servitude to pay for your resurrection.

Seems really impractical. One dead person takes up a lot more space than one coin.

I think that's supposed to be Windle Poons. They look to be the Fresh Start Club from Reaper Man.

Why Necroliberalism? Why not Necromunism?