Love and Krieg 2.0 continued

This is a continuation of This is an ongoing addition to Love and Krieg. Hope you enjoy.

neat

Excitement!

Make sure someone archives the old thread and posts a link to it here, so we can eventually collect everything together in one place.

WOOOT WOOOT!
That's cute but...Krieger's are more fucked up than assassins. I cant see that cute space elf not breaking down when she sees in his head.

He got a few hours sleep before the medicae woke him. He rolled out of the bunk and reached for his gear. Around him the rest of the men grabbed their kit, and when they were all ready they stumbled out of the bunker groggily and followed the medicae to the trench's fire step. The men on watch eyed them curiously, and the sergeant looked at Rochus and raised an eyebrow when he joined him on the step.

"Don't ask" He said.

It was cold and dark. Fog had moved in while he was asleep and the air was wet. The sun wasn't up yet, and between the darkness and the fog he couldn't see a thing. He began to see the Krieger's point. He could easily understand how an enemy could launch a sneak attack before the regiment could be roused, even with men on watch. Looking out into the fog he imagined he saw shadowy shapes moving in the darkness. He knew it was probably nothing, just his over active imagination, but his gut was telling him not to ignore it.

"Gelen" He said quietly "Run and rouse the lieutenant. Tell him i think he should get alpha ready."

The trooper's face was pale and he had bags under his eyes. He nodded and the stepped off of the step into the mud at the bottom of the trench and ran off into the fog.

"Mulder" He whispered "Get on the vox and call for a flare." If the Xenos were out there in the fog, they would already know where the regiment was. You couldn't exactly give away the position of a trench. If they were there, the flares would reveal them, and if they weren't well then at worst he'd get a slap on the wrist.

He heard Mulder whispering urgently into the mic, and he looked up over the lip of the trench and waited. He heard the thump as a mortar fired a star shell into the sky. As the burning light ascended into the sky it illuminated the no mans land in front of him, revealing the tall long limbed aliens that had been creeping towards them.

"Incoming" He shouted as the Xenos raised a ululating battle cry and charged.

Ok, be back latter, i must go.

SHIT'S GOING DOWN NOW BOYS

We will hold the fort sir.

SHIT GOT REAL

Also, I just personally saved everything thus far written. It's 32 pages in length, straight copy-pasted into Word. Thought having a local copy might be a good idea in case it gets lost.

Yeah boiiiiiiii
it continues!

hopefully OP will make a page on 1d4chan for the story and properly format it.
Or someone else will do this if his wiki-fu isn't strong enough.
May or may not some drawfags will draw some stuff for the story

bump from 9

I will be monitoring this thread. Makes me want to jump back into Men of The 89th, though side BL project that will never get published, or focus on one that can get published?

>She takes a look inside quite by accident
>It's the mental landscape equivalent of a reinforced trench line
>Cold steel rebar and concrete, perfect 90 degree angles, battlements, barbed wire
>All of it spotless, all of it in inhuman perfection, all of it devoid of life
>It all surrounds a statue of the Emperor made from solid cold iron
>At it's base, a clockwork soldier marches in perfect tandum to a drum

>There is no color
>the landscape is more barren than a shielded Eldar mind, despite how open his mental walls were
>she can see flashbacks from his past flickering through the near perfect faith and dogma of his mind
>a child no more than the age of 4 crawling under miles of barbed wire while lasbolts crack centimeters overhead, a different child looses his bearing, and stands up trying to escape and is shot to pieces in moments, through his minds eye, she watches him bury his mask deeper into the freezing irradiated mud
>she sees another angle he's taller now, maybe 1.5m tall, she sees him cutting down a squad ofdeserting comrades with no feeling
>she sees what humanity is capable of and can only feel loathing

then she meats literally anyone else. Or meets one of the bureaucrats responsible for using them.

Shhh user, it's time for depressing Krieger-posting.

The Elf would feel pitty though, maybe, probably.

I'd imagine she'd feel a mixture of pity, horror, sorrow, and loathinga

Sounds about right if its in reverse order. Depends on which Craftworld the Eldar in question came from, I would guess horror first, than loathing, followed by pity, and finally sorrow when it crosses her mind it is inherently pointless it is for his existence. What happens after that is what I am interested in.

XENOS IN THE WIRE

Any idea when OP will update?

Seems he pumps out a few paragraphs every evening/night

Alright i'm back. I'll put up an update and then i need to sleep.

THE HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS!

Fuck yar! Terranis Holds

next paaart is coooming eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

He grabbed at his bolt pistol and snapped off a shot over the lip of the trench at the mass of Xenos. The aliens were densely packed and close enough that it hit one, blowing a chunk out of it's hip as the projectile detonated. They were big ugly things, perhaps half a head taller than even Rochus, and as many as two heads taller than the rest of the men in the squad. Rather than run like a man they skipped and hopped towards the trench, their long wiry legs propelling them forward in leaps and bounds. It reminded Rochus of watching a bird hopping on the ground. Their skin was greenish brown and leathery, and they had elongated heads that ended in massive beak like jaws. They carried long weapons that ended with a rifle butt on one end and sprouted scything blades at the other, which they brandished in the air as they ran howling at the guardsmen.

They ate up the ground at an absurd pace, covering the remaining distance in seconds. He drew his chainsword and thumbed it to life shouting "Bayonets! Form ra-" but they were upon them before he could finish giving the order.

His face was sprayed with arterial life blood as the man next to him, the sergeant of the other squad, caught a blade to the throat. The man was nearly beheaded by the blow, and the corpse fell to the ground with it's head hanging on by a scrap of flesh and lolling to the side.

He raised his blade overhead and deflected a slash meant to end his life before shooting the alien point blank with his pistol, reducing the Xeno's torso to a fine mist and small chunks of gore that splattered onto the sergeant and a few of the aliens. Next to him the men rallied and formed a bristling line of bayonet points.The enemy crashed into them, and though several were impaled they broke the guardsmen's formation, and the fight devolved into a chaotic melee.

He caught an alien in a backhanded swing and lopped of it's arm at the elbow. As it screeched and recoiled in pain Kranz stabbed it in the chest with his bayonet, sinking the blade up to the hilt in the Xenos' torso. He watched as a second Xenos leaped at Kranz, his shout of warning dying on his lips as the alien grabbed him by the shoulders and dragged him closer before biting down on where his neck met his shoulder. Piet screamed for a second, and then fell silent as the monstrous alien snapped it's jaws shut and tore a fist sized chunk out of him. As the alien raised it's head from Kranz's corpse and dropped the body to the ground Rochus screamed and buried his chainsword between it's eyes, bisecting it's skull.

A sudden blow from the side knocked him sprawling to the ground and his chainsword slipped from his hand. He rolled over and looked up to see the Xenos that had struck him with the but of it's weapon swinging it around over it's head in preparation to bring the curved blade down on him.

Good night Veeky Forums, see you all tomorrow.

Good night writefag.

sleep tight

F kranz

holy shit bumping it back before it dissappears

bump before I go to bed, keep up the goodlyness op

I don't know if this means "oh no they got Kranz" or "screw Kranz i never cared about that guy anyway"

In any case working on update

So do you have an outline drafted or are you firing from the hip?

There is an outline. I know where it's going, and i have a plan. There is quite a bit of it on the back end i have written up already. But yes, i'm kinda just writing this up as i go. Have been for most of this actually.

He reached desperately for his chainsword, but he knew he wouldn't reach it in time. On instinct he threw up his arm, futile as it may be, but the blade never came down. The medicae tackled the Xenos and dragged the whirring blade of his reductor across its stomach disemboweling it. Its steaming guts slipped from the gaping wound and coiled at it's feet as the carcass fell backwards.

His hand closed around the hilt of his sword, and he slashed as he rose to his knees and cut through a nearby Xenos leg at the thigh before it could slash Otten. Clawing his way to his feet he knocked aside a swinging scythe. They were being pushed back off the step into the trench proper, leaving behind the bodies man and Xenos alike. It looked like his squad had made it for the most part. The protection provided by their carapace had kept the men intact. Kranz was gone, and Ramaaker had a nasty gash on his right arm, but they were still standing and were beginning to regroup. The other troopers had not been so fortunate. The Xenos blades had parted their flack jackets with ease, and only one was still left.

They were surrounded by Xenos, and more poured into the trench behind them. Hopelessly outnumbered Rochus was certain they wouldn't last much longer. Intent on taking as many with him as he could he raised his blade and shouted "Ave Imperator". Taking his chainsword in both hands he began to trade blows with one of the aliens. This alien was taller and paler than the others, and the feathers sprouting from the back of his head were decorated with brightly colored ornaments.

Before either of them could strike the decisive blow a red bolt flew in from the side and burned a hole in the aliens skull. He looked over to see Lieutenant Goossens and Trooper Gelen with most of Alpha behind them in various states of undress. But though not all were in full carapace, all were armed.

"Charge" roared the lieutenant, and they ran screaming at the aliens.

My Digga. I write almost entirely by the hip

why, is it overly apparent? Is there some manner of problem that makes you ask that?

anywho, gotta go, be back later.

Nonsense, she would immediately get hot and bothered after thinking of how efficient and brutal the krieger mating press would be.

no sometimes great ideas come and take your outline and fuck it hard. I like to explore my store as I write it too

I bump for the Emperor!

I bump with good news! I have archived this story for the Emprah!

>this threads destination

You do god's work user.

I just see one of the troopers behind the lieutenant awkwardly standing there butt naked 4.7 inch cock hanging out and weapons ready turning red when told to charge against the xenos

>4.7 inch cock hanging out
Getting awfully specific there user

>DON'T LET DIS THREAD DIE, YA GITZ!

Bumb

It'll turn into lewds eventually anyway. Seems on point.

Good man.

Bit on the small side there user...and there is thisnot yet anywaysor that disappointing.

Not disappointing, just making the note that's it is called "Love" and Krieg, the lewds will appear eventually.

Yeah, I get that...this is what I was referring to as disappointingunless I just misread that post.

"Press F to pay respects"

Bump

Oh, yeah, a 4.7 inch cock is a little disappointing. I'm not a size king or anything, but I like a good 6-7 inches personally.

I might be a little drunk.

Yup, got 7 an a half myself. I'm sober though.

I had plenty once, then I got fat. Thanks for reminding me that I need to work out Veeky Forums. Jeez.

I don't get it, what are you talking about?

And I'm horny and drunk enough that that's appealing to me. Gah alcohol.

Only into chicks friendo, sorry.

Sok. I'm into both so it's all good.

Good for you. Have fun being drunk.

Am doing so. Hope you have lots of fun too, user!

Spending another year alone surrounded by animals and psychotics. Alcohol does nothing for me. Shit sucks. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I love you though user! You're a solid guy! Animals are cool too. Don't be sad, you're a cool dude and worth knowing!

There was a betting pool in my highschool, with the teachers involved too, on when I would go on a rampage. Veeky Forums is the only place I act civil around other humans. I am either about to die/be arrested/doing something suicidaly stupid, or I am the most boring person in the world. There is no middle ground. Thanks for that kek though.

Hey, at least you'll go out with a bang, that's more than most of us can say! Live life with no regrets, user!

Meh, already graduated, and the crazy shit only happens when I go out on walks...kinda like TFS's Alucard. Its more annoying than anything else.

This is not what i expected to see when i got back. Never change Veeky Forums.

Love you user.

Update incoming.

AND THE REASON FOR LIVING IS HERE, KEEP IT COMING!

The men of alpha crashed into the Xenos in a wave of flesh and steel. Caught between lieutenant Goossens' force and Rochus' squad the aliens were crushed. A few tried to flee, but they were gunned down as they ran. As the last Xenos fell Rochus turned to count his squad. Fortunately they had taken no further casualties, and the Krieger was seeing to Ramaaker's arm. His squad accounted for he jogged over to lieutenant Goossens

"Well Rochus you were right" Said Goossens "I was ready to take it out of your hide when your man got me out of my bunk, but you were right"

"Can't take credit sir" replied sergeant Brinkerhoff "It was my medicae who suggested the possibility"

The lieutenant nodded and hummed before saying "Well i suppose a Krieger would know about trench warfare. We'll have to see if they know anything else useful." Goossens trailed off and looked down at the corpses, and though he wasn't saying anything Rochus could see his mouth moving as he counted silently to himself. His brow was drawn down in concentration, and he was frowning slightly.

"Is something wrong sir" Rochus asked.

"I only count forty Xenos." He muttered "Even if i missed a few, that's hardly enough to kill a whole regiment. Why waste soldiers in an attack like this?"

"I don't think it was meant to come to an open confrontation sir" sergeant Brinkerhoff replied "When the flare went up they were nearly on us. A moment more and i think they may have killed us all and got behind our lines before we had time to raise the alarm."

"An infiltration team then" The lieutenant said slowly with the same look of concentration on his face

"Yes sir, it would seem that way sir, but they failed obviously" Rochus said.

"Tell me sergeant" replied Goosens "If it were you would you send only one team?"

The looked at each other for a moment before Rochus said "No, impossible. We made enough racket the whole regiment must be up and on alert. If there was another team then we'd hear the fighting, or someone would have Voxed it in."

"Not if they were killing them fast enough" Said the lieutenant "Not if they were killing them before they could fight back or call it in."

They shared another look, and Rochus felt his gut sinking as he realized the lieutenant was right. Forty odd Xenos moving quickly through the trenches would be able to effectively silence any men they came across as they stumbled out of their dugouts half awake and unsuspecting of enemy combatants already behind their lines.

Rochus had already turned and started running towards his men when he heard Goossens start shouting for men to go secure the motor pool, to check on their food stores, to rouse the rest of the regiment, and to check up and down the line to make sure no other aliens got through. Rochus's squad and one other were assigned to secure the regimental command bunker.

They ran as best they could in the muddy confines of the trench. When they were about a hundred yards out from the command bunker, they saw the first body. He shouted for Mulder to call it in over the Vox and then picked up the pace. There were Xenos inside the lines.

When you get fat in the crotch area it makes your dick look smaller, and can cover up some of your length.

They ran down the zig-zagging trenches and rounded the final corner. A group of the Xenos were standing watch in front of the entrance to the bunker that doubled as regimental command and the colonel's quarters. The men shouted and opened fire with their hell-guns. Caught in the open the aliens were mowed down by the hell-gun fire. They ran closer, and Rochus could hear the sounds of fighting emanating from within the bunker

"In in in" The sergeant shouted and Otten and Pender ducked into the entrance before he ran in after them. As they emerged into the room there was a loud crack, and the back of Ottens skull was blown out all over his chest and the bottom half of his face, adding to the gore coating his body. Sidestepping the falling corpse he entered the room and trained his pistol on the first alien he saw. The ugly birdlike Xenos was standing over the colonel's slumped body. He shot it twice in the chest. The first shot of the double tap hit it dead center of mass, and blew open it's rib cage. The second shot hit it slightly higher and destroyed it's shoulder, severing it's arm from it's body when the bullet exploded.

In the confined space of the bunker the Aliens had eschewed the use of their longer weapons and fought with knives. He gunned down one more, and then the men engaged them with detached bayonets and trench knives and he was unable to get a clear shot. When the last Xenos was dead he stood in the blood soaked room. The colonel was clearly dead. The feathered hilt of a Xenos knife was protruding from between his ribs.

"Fek" said Pender. Rochus found he couldn't agree more. Fek. The colonel was dead. They had been too late.

g'night Veeky Forums.

Ah...duly noted.
g'night

ohshit

bomp

Bump

Well he's a grower but the dude is probably be 7.3 inches hard

bready gud

Sorry i'm so late. The holidays are a lot crazier this year than i had expected. I'll drop a quick update and then i need to get to my dentist appointment, but i'll be right back as soon as that is done.

Also, just started reading the 89th. I'll get back to you when i've read a bit more.

It was a mess getting things sorted out in the aftermath. There had been two groups of Xenos that had made it behind their lines. Fortunately the second group had been intercepted before they reached the motor pool, so the regiment's armor was still intact. That morning when dawn broke over the horizon it cast it's light on men digging their second mass grave in as many days.The butchers bill for the attack was nearly half a companies worth of troopers.

He had sent two men to collect Kranz's body. They would need to collect his weapons and armor, and before the bodies were carted away to their final resting place he wanted the men to have a chance to pay their last respects. The regiment's priests would say their bit at the burial. There were too many dead for them to attend to each of the slain personally, so the squad prayed to the Emperor for Piet Kranz and Quirion Otten themselves before the corpse detail came and carried away their bodies.

The men were somber and quiet as they returned to their dugout. Rochus moved as if in a haze. Two more dead. Two more of his men killed right in front of him. It hadn't really hit him at first, it never did really hit him until after it was over and the bodies were being carried away. He knew he'd get over it and move on, he had in the past, but for the moment it was an open wound. Inside the dugout they boxed up the dead men's things, and Rochus selected a memento for each of them.

Kranz had loved to play Regicide. Most of the men didn't care for it, but Rochus had indulged him a few times even though he knew he couldn't beat the man from Assen-hive. He added the small fold up set to the box. To remember Otten he grabbed a worn paperback book that the man had carried with him for as long as he'd known him. Quirion must have read it hundreds of times, but he'd still see him thumbing through it every now and again. The book joined the other odds and ends, and then he closed up the box.

The feels man, keep it up.

Slowly but steadily it will be revealed that while both the main character and the krieger is in love it's not with each other but with the Emperor

The Emperor has a bunch of war nuns for that, he approves of their union.

Rochus found he didn't care to try and go back to sleep after what had happened, and it seemed niether did the rest of the men. Mulder hooked up his copy of the Krieger opera and Pender broke out the moonshine. He reminded the men that they had the watch in a few hours, and they kept the drinking to a minimum. Just a bit to take the edge off as they listened to the man and the woman singing in the foreign tongue of Krieg and played a hand of cards. They all pointedly avoided speaking about the two men who were missing, or looking at their bunks. After half a glass of the product of Penders' still and a winning hand Rochus felt mostly human again. Noticing the Krieger sitting off to the side alone he motioned for the man to join them.

"Come on" He said "Play cards with us"

The Krieger nodded and walked over to where they were sitting in a circle and plopped down next to the sergeant. "What is the purpose of this activity?" He asked.

"It's gambling" said Rochus " You each offer up something as collateral, and then you play the game. The winner takes the items or money staked by the other players."

"How is the winner determined?" Asked the soldier

"Well each man is dealt cards, and then when they have their cards they choose whether or not to bet. In the end, the man with the best cards wins" He responded

The Krieger looked at the cards in his hand and then at the regimental scrip and lho-sticks that had gone into the pot before saying bluntly "This seems like a pointless activity."

"The point is that it's fun" He said. The medicae looked at him, and he was sure if he could see behind the mask he would see an expression of incredulity. Time to try a different tactic "It helps keep up moral"

"Then as my moral is not in need of improvement i need not participate" said the masked man as he got up to leave the circle

It is said that there are countless no fun allowed signs in the planet krieg

He blinked twice and then sighed and let the man go. The masked soldier grabbed his weapon and then walked out of the dugout. He'd probably be there waiting for them when they started their watch. It wouldn't be the first time he went ahead and spent his free time at the front. Emperor save him from Kriegers he thought as he turned back to the game.

"S'not like he coulda played anyway sarge" said Ramaaker after a moment before throwing in a pack of lho-sticks. "least ways not without taking that mask off, and i don't think i've ever seen him without it."

"I don't think he ever takes it off" Said Gelen as he snorted and folded. The stocky ebony haired man had been cleaned out on the last hand, and he was playing it safe now. "I'd bet he slept in it if i ever saw him sleeping. Seem's like he's always awake when i turn in and up before i get out of bed"

The conversation moved on after that, as the men turned back to the game and continued betting, but the idea got stuck in Rochus' head. He'd never seen under the medicae's mask. It hadn't really bothered him before, and he hadn't thought too much about it, but now that it had occurred to him it seemed bizarre that after all this time he still had no idea what the man looked like. Maybe it was the alcohol, or maybe it was just his mind latching on to this new distraction, but he was suddenly intensely curious. He decided to make sure the medicae ate with them today. He always seemed to slip off around meal times, but this time Rochus would insist they ate as a squad, and he would have to take off his mask to eat.

Satisfied with his solution, the sergeant turned his thoughts back to the card game. About halfway through the next hand a trooper who wasn't part of the squad entered the dugout. Rochus rose to his feet and turned to face him.

"New orders for you sir" Said the trooper as he saluted "Major Junkheer has ordered the watch doubled. Your squad is to report immediately."

But user, they have fun all the time. Don't you love live fire drills and digging trenches? Personally i'm a fan of target practice.