Can we assume that games plant 'seeds' in those who play them, and that these 'seeds' sprout later in life?

Can we assume that games plant 'seeds' in those who play them, and that these 'seeds' sprout later in life?

No. Personality isn't actually all that malleable.

I mean, sure you can describe influence in a poetic fashion like that, but no, you can't assume it.

I'll plant my 'Seed' in you user, if you know what i mean

Are you by any chance a serial rapist?

On average, no. Teaching my son how to count and recognize different shapes using Polyhedral dice? I hope so.

>seeds
A better word is "meme".

They're the DNA of the spul. Games spread their memes to us, who we then spread to others. Capitalism, unilateralism, nihilism, they're all memes. Memes that we spread.

>Teaching my son how to count and recognize different shapes using Polyhedral dice? I hope so.

Nah.

I mean, dont stop doing it if it's fulfilling, or you feel like it deepens emotional bonding with your kid, or whatever, but it's not building them a foundation for the future or any of that stuff. In terms of life outcomes, parenting has basically no impact. Once you've chosen the person who gives the other half of your kid's DNA, you've already had basically all of the influence you're going to have on what sort of person they turn into.

Yes, and it's incredibly dangerous. If they sprout in the wrong place, greenery can tear right through flesh. It's just like swallowing watermelon seeds.

>Play a lot of Warhammer 40K RPGs
>Seeds are planted in my soul

Should I be worried?

I think maybe the analogy is a bit further on its own with your meaning having no due part in it. You are asking it in a weird way, to validate some out of context what or other that doesn't really matter to us.

If you're saying that there are many primes in games and that you can use them in different modalities, then yes. Meme WOULD be a closer actuator for your intended meaning, I think, but meme is still more forced than any level a real game would ever take aims for. Games offer up a sandbox and don't necessarily shower the engine or the game itself with an edifice "as made possibly by ' ' ". They are more about creating modalities of thought on their own and reaching for manifold from outside of the game in order to satisfy a curiosity that may stem from the shape and make of the product.

tl;dr
One big metaphor analogy sarcasm. Sorry guys.

So I guess I can just ditch my young kids on the streets then? Good to know.

The seeds of satanism and devil worship, if my informative 1980s information is correct.

RIP Jack Chick.

Let me guess, you're going to go on to say that the seed is acceptance of and willingness to inflict harm on others and probably the rejection of God too.

Obviously, violence and starvation unto the point of doing lasting physical damage will have an impact. I'm talking about varience in parenting style and amount of effort here, not about the difference between abuse/neglect and nonabuse/noneglect.

Yes, in fact, we can assume that EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING, including games too plants their seeds (memes) into people's minds.

You say this but I have friends who willingly admit their interests and mannerisms have been shaped by their favorite characters from X or Y work.

Anyway OP what kind of fucking question is this? Explain yourself

>friends who willingly admit that they believe their interests and mannerisms have been shaped by their favorite characters from X or Y work.

That games influence our inner lives is more or less a given, but what if these influences are sometimes delayed and only manifest themselves after a period of dormancy? Does the very thought frighten you? It should.

> Does the very thought frighten you? It should.
Yeah, yeah. Instincts control us and we are mindless creatures slaves to ideas and wants - what else is new except you, user?

>Yeah, yeah. Instincts control us and we are mindless creatures slaves to ideas and wants

If these tendencies and predispositions are implanted within us by the games we play, we could shape ourselves by cleaving to those games which impart the more desirable.

How do we tackled the problem of latent influences though?