Over $1 billion worth of tether has now been printed

omniexplorer.info/lookupsp.aspx?sp=31

I'm sure these guys have a billion dollars tucked away to back this shitshow up.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bitcoin.com/paradise-papers-reveal-bitfinexs-devasini-and-potter-established-tether-already-back-in-2014/
data.bitcoinity.org/markets/rank/all/USD?c=e&t=ae
tether.to/legal/
bitcoinity.org/markets/rank_explanation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can just feel that BTC is going to crash.
The Tethering will be interesting since all the TV Analysts will be saying "We told you so" but we all knew about it months ago

Been reading this since forever

Holy shit, fuck off with this nonsense. Everyone is getting their wires, there's no reason to believe bitfinex wouldn't have the funds based on easy fucking calculations. Bank options for crypto operations like this are few and far between. An audit would cost 500k and potentially bring bad press as fucking obviously the banks that are willing to work with them aren't the best or reputable. They're doing a damn good job. The shitshow will march on. If people stop getting their wires, you have my permission to shit up this board with your tether threads

>1 billion tethers vs 300 billion bitcoin market cap
yeah it will kill bitcoin kek

What are arbitrage bots?

Do you brainlets actually believe that these exchanges can't afford to print IOU's? Do you have any idea how much money they make every day from fees? They are worth billions.

those tethers are going straight to the King
and they are backed
see you at 40k next year

>there's no reason to believe bitfinex wouldn't have the funds
of course there is a reason to doubt that Bitfinex has a liquid $0.55 billion to back the USDT

>based on easy fucking calculations
user, I...

Yet Bitfinex can't get a real bank to process transfers to USD. They are worth jack shit because no regular Joe will trade buttcoins when it tanks.

If this shit works, why can't you do it?

If you start off with bitcoin/USD, you can do the same thing, you just don't get free money to start with.

Roger Ver will lead us to the promised land

What is that reason?

4bil x 0.26%, they grossed over 10m today. Pretty fucking simple.

you would think a transparent escrow with a reputable financial institution would have been a key thing to get this going in the first place

news.bitcoin.com/paradise-papers-reveal-bitfinexs-devasini-and-potter-established-tether-already-back-in-2014/

Nothing suspicious at all about shady operations carried out in the British Virgin Islands, no siree bob.

Well, they tried to cover any relationship to Tether Inc. until the leaked documents.

The futures and options markets had a $30M of cash-setlled volume yesterday, and bitfinex prints nearly $200M in the same time.

Add to this, that the CEO, or any other high-ranked official refuse to come out with a statement.

The list can go on and on. I agree that they make a bank from fees, and it's just another reason for them to be under more scrutiny.

>I'm sure these guys have a billion dollars tucked away to back this shitshow up.

Wouldn't surprise me. They've been the biggest bitcoin exchange since Mtgox closed.

data.bitcoinity.org/markets/rank/all/USD?c=e&t=ae

. . . if you count tether pumps

Bit of a problem though:
tether.to/legal/
>GOVERNING LAW: These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the British Virgin Islands, and shall be interpreted in all respects as a British Virgin Islands contract. The venue for any claim or action against or involving us shall be in the British Virgin Islands. The doctrine of forum non conveniens shall not apply in the selection of forum under these Terms of Service.

>The venue for any claim or action against or involving us shall be in the British Virgin Islands.

LOL Tether could just up and fuck off, and there's not a damn thing anyone could do to them.

That's one of the biggest red flag I can think of

Over 4 billion dollars worth of assets were traded on bitfinex in one day. Adding up all the tether issued since 2015, (1 billion) that's barely enough to make up even 1/4 of the volume of one day.

DELETE THIS NOW

The worst part is that the USD tickers in the image are actually USDT's.

you... you do realise that Bitfinex doesn't own the coins being traded over their exchange?

here's something you don't know. the huge crash is a part of finex's plan too. they want to liquidate lots of longing idiots

who gives a shit. salty no coiners. BTC going up is all that matters, who cares how it gets there? retards

you... you do realize I was replying to someone who implied the tether pumping must have been the bulk of their volume, which I showed was mathematically insignificant in comparison to the trade volume in a SINGLE day.

you... you do realize they get a percentage of all the trade volume.

you... you do realize they've been the biggest exchange for years not only measured by volume but by analysis of their order book.

bitcoinity.org/markets/rank_explanation

If one billion is not pocket change to them, I want to know how they're incinerating all their money.

Bots that buy bitcoin that is priced low on one exchange and then go and sell it on another exchange where it is priced higher.