Okay, Veeky Forums, I decided to throw together a non-Chaos renegade Space Marine chapter. I ended up with this...

Okay, Veeky Forums, I decided to throw together a non-Chaos renegade Space Marine chapter. I ended up with this, monstrosity.

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table

The Crimson Doom marines

Who was the Chapter's Progenitor? Dark Angels

When Was The Chapter Founded? 36st Millennium

Imperial Exodus Cause? Bitter Resentment

Geneseed Mutation Severity? Significant Mutation

What mutation do they have? Oolitic Secretions

What is the Chapter's Flaw? Chapter Cult

Figure of Legend? Scout Marine

Deeds of Legend? The hero was lost to his Chapter in a warp accident, yet his descendants have cause to believe he lives still and may one day return to them in glory.

Home Sector? Wild System (Xenos Held, Imperial Held, Stable Space Hulk)

Rule of Sector? Raiding

Combat doctrine? Rip and tear

Chapter Operating Procedure? Savior Complex

Specialty restrictions? Librarian

Missing Equipment? Flamers

Special equipment? Archeotech

At what strength is the Chapter? Under Strength

Goals/Motivations? Survival

Who are the Chapter's allies? Nearby PDF regiment
Who are the Chapter's enemies? Necron Tomb World
Look at this shit

I used this.
>1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table

Other urls found in this thread:

heresy-online.net/forums/155-homebrew-40k-fluff/116455-necron-dynasty-generator.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm guessing you want us to help you make sense of it?

Suggestion> The Oolitic secretions of the renegades makes them highly flammable. This isn't really an issue thanks to their armor, but they tend not to like flamethrowers as a result

their raiders, with a savior complex? that makes no sense.

they have archotech.

maybe they are trying to fix Lion by collecting ancient medical tech

They're raiders with a saviour complex in a system partially controlled by Xenos and Imperials

It's obvious, they raid and murder the aliens to get supplies to protect the humans

Here's my 2 Imperials, Op.

The Crimson Doom were assigned to a crusade in the Wild System but were constantly fucked over by the imperial bureaucracy - supplies were always rerouted to other theaters, politicians fucked them over, they were basically left with their dicks in the wind trying to hold together this system where human colonists were getting sodomized by the Xenos and no one *cared*

So, being partially abandoned anyway, they went to ground and started to wage war on their own terms, ignoring orders. When a space hulk drifted through their system, they saw a chance too valuable to pass up. They invaded the Space Hulk as a chapter, during which a Scout Marine, master of their 10th company led a brutal campaign of cat and mouse through the Space Hulk, hunting and killing the horrors found there while the rest of the Chapter carved out Op centers and salvaged valuable Archaeotech. These efforts relied heavily on the Chapters flamers, and the majority of their Promethium was used up and the flamers themselves often destroyed in tooth and nail rifle-butt to face combat in the depths.

Unfortunately the whole campaign culminated with the Hulk drifting back into the Warp, whereupon all Hell (literally) broke loose. The Scout Commander, who knew the Hulk better than anyone at that point, led a Strike Team deep into the bowels of the Space Hulk, where he activated some sort of ancient Archaeotech device that tore the ship from the Warp and anchored it back into real space. Opinions vary on what happened to the elite of the 10th - some think they died saving the rest of the chapter, others think that they're still in the unknown depths of the Hulk, hunting for a valuable artifact or strange enemy. Others still think they were lost to the Warp, flung out of reality by whatever machine they activated and will only return when certain conditions are met or systems reactivated.

Since the Dark Angels have a supposedly flawless geneseed, it could have been a bad batch of geneseed in M36 that created a generation of mutant marines
Secretive as they are, the DA tried to sweep them under the rug
Geneseed that contaminated the batch came from a particularscout veteran (since DA vets also become scouts) that got exiled along with all the other rejects, being told kindly to fuck off and go pretend be some other legion's descendents
Outraged and led by the scout, they broke off completely , stole some archeotech from the chapter and disappeared into xenos territory

What do you think ?

There's your answer oo. Sounds like a cool book premise.

continued:

On returning to Real Space, the Crimson's took stock of their losses. The Scout Hero and his team were lost. As was the entirety of the Chapters Librarium - the sudden transistion to the Warp unfortunately had overwhelmed even the iron wills of the trained Astarte battle pyskers, and every pyschic member of the Chapter had simultaneously experience Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Their deaths were mercifully swift as their brains literally exploded, being suddenly exposed unprepared to the raw Warp.

On the upside, they now had a completely (mostly) secured space hulk for their base of operations and a great deal of valuable ancient technology. Knowing that if they returned to the Imperium not only would they be chastised for going AWOL but also forced to turn over their findings to the Mechanicum, they decided to fully go rogue and take the war against the Xenos in the sector into their own hands.

They now operate in secret from their Space Hulk base, striking hard and fast at the awakening Necron Dynasty in the area. It's a losing battle, but the Archaeotech they recovered (some of which may possibly even be Necron in origin?) has evened the odds, as well as their local imperial allies in the area who are still loyal to them for their protection.

However, they have no mercy for traitors. This particular Necron Dynasty is of the slave-and-servant gathering sort - they don't just exterminate the human pests on their worlds, they conquer them. Those planets who align with the Necrons, whether by choice or at point of a gauss barrel, the Space Marines raid mercilessly for supplies.

They strike out of the void swiftly and viciously like the Vikings of old, riding drop pods and strike vehicles carved with gargoyles and dragons, coming out of the blackness of the sky, either as angels of salvation, or demons of the end times.

We should work on what their Chapter Cult beliefs are.

Included in the cache of archaeotech they recovered: extremely valuable Grav Guns, as well as older pattern Space Marine armor and equipment dating back to the Crusades

This is very good, I do like the viking aspect.

what program you use for this?

Chapter Generator. Made by russians, but there's an english translation

>filenames

I kinda think that the space hulk still has some minor warp bullshittery going on.

possibly. Maybe they even worship the Hulk. Or Placate it.

Maybe they feed captives to it. Just drag prisoners to a sacrificial chamber, chain them down - return a day later and nothing is left but blood and rent chains

Possibly, but I think it would be a little freakier if you feed it, it gives you something.

like more archaeotech

yeah, like if you give it an eldar you get a charm that makes psychic powers weaker, or something.

It's an Abominable Intelligence, it uses the sacrifices to learn about whats happened in the universe during it's long sleep in the warp. The Scout brought it back online, enabling it to activate it's DAOT ships stabilizing systems.

It may have eaten the Scout

[Idontknowhowtousespoilers] maybe it ate the scout, but the scout took over it's mind, like reverse daemonic possesion? [Idontknowhowtousespoilers]

Maybe its not even daemonic in nature, perhaps its just a sentient AI that wants to form a symbiotic relationship with its new inhabitants/protectors.

I like this idea. but the mechanicus would hate them, well, hate them even more.

Imma roll up the PDF regiment, and the necrons

That's what I meant, it literally just wants to know more things.

Which it does, by eating other things brains.

Since the humans living inside of it seem to be simple creatures that would be frightened by direct communication, it uses basic behavior rewarding techniques

lets do the rolls here then

Or start a thread for it

if replying to a post and getting the little posting window, highlight text and hit control s

If starting a thread or chain, or just doing it manually, wrap the text in [ spoiler ] text [ / spoiler ] sans space

Rolled 83 (1d100)

oh, okay! i was gonna just use a random number generator, but they don't seem to be loading for me.

This PDF regiment is made of: Gangers

Rolled 8 (1d10)

This PDF regiment is made of: gangers

Rolled 8 (1d100)

Those gangers were conscripted normally

No user let me help you with how this works.

WE ROLLING A REGIMENT

ALREADY DECIDED: GANGERS, LOCAL PDF, STANDARD CONSCRIPTION

SOMEONE ROLL D100 FOR THE REGIMENTS HOMEWORLD

HIVE WORLD VERY FITTING

SOMEONE ROLL ANOTHER D100 FOR PREDOMINANT TERRAIN

Rolled 40 (1d100)

-+-+-DICE SERVITOR ACTIVE-+-+-

THIS HIVE WORLD IS MOSTLY DESERT

ARABIANN NIIGHHTSS AND ROLL ANOTHER D100 FOR CORE UNITS

Rolled 31 (1d100)

I THINK WE'RE THE ONLY ONES HERE OH WELL YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THAT MIGHT CHANGE

INFANTRY REGIMENT. ROLL A D10 FOR SPECIALIZATION

Rolled 9 (1d10)

-+-+-THE APPEARANCE OF THE DICE SERVITOR FRIGHTENS NON-SERVITORS-+-+-

GORILLA WARFARE. IF WE WERE A JUNGLE WORLD WE COULD SWING THROUGH TREES AND THROW BANNANA PIPE BOMBS AT PEOPLE. AS IT IS WE'LL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR ASYMETRICAL NON-CONCLUSIVE ATTACK STRATEGY PERFORMED IN SECRET

d10 for loyalty

Rolled 1 (1d10)

>GORILLA WARFARE.
-+-+-ACTIVATING HUMOUR SUB-SYSTEMS, HAHAHAHAHAHA-+-+-

>36st

1th

Fucking loyal as fucking fuck, either there's a huge honor debt here or they don't know the Space Marines, their heroes and saviors, have all but gone full heretic.

d100 for equipment

Rolled 53 (1d100)

I don't think the crimson doom would tell the PDF that they have gone rogue.

BLESSED WARGEAR. FITTING FOR SUCH A ZEALOUS CHAPTER OF GUERILLA WARRIORS

dis is getting guud

d100 for regimental creed!
You must be looking at different charts, user.

Rolled 79 (1d100)

>Glory In Death: The regiment's mission is to die, and take as many enemies with it as possible.

These guys are pretty fucking hardcore based

as for allies/enemies, we already know - The Crimson Doom and Necrons

Imperial PDF
Gangers
Hive World
Desert Planet
Infantry
Guerilla Warfare
Fanatically Loyal
Blessed Wargear
Glory in Death

Their world is a battleground. The Necrons probably already have both feet in the hive. These badass mofo's continue to wage a war they rightfully should have lost, the underclass underdog fighting back with fanaticism and faith.

It's dark times in this system, but the Imperium still holds on some worlds thanks to men and women like this, who have no goal but to make the Alien pay for every step of mankinds ground

Next we need to roll up the Necron Dynasty whose beating their asses. More on that next post

this is fucking sweet.

That's hardcore as fuck.

1d4chans Necron charts are decent, but very limited. I've rolled a necron dynasty before, and to do it I used a mixture of 1d4chans charts and this one here: heresy-online.net/forums/155-homebrew-40k-fluff/116455-necron-dynasty-generator.html

I will be alternating between these charts to form a complete picture of the Dynasty the Imperials are facing.

Roll a d10 to determine what role this Dynasty took in the Secession Wars

Rolled 2 (1d10)

>(Unification) Fought under the command of a larger Dynasty’s Nemesor.

Our Dynasty was one of many lesser houses committed to the service of another, and fought (futily) to unite the Necron Race. These wars would only end with the coming of the C'Tan, who would unite the Necron with the promise of being able to destroy their hated enemies once and for all.

But what sort of Dynasty were they? Roll d20 to determine their role and speciality

Rolled 4 (1d20)

yes, i am the original OP. But this is too awesome for me to wan't to change anything.

(also the OP for the akbar chosen sons.)

>1-5: Political- Preference to Lords

This Dynasty played the political game well, and despite it's subservient status, had many lordlings of stature. Perhaps, given time, they would have clawed their way to dominance.

What sort of armies did they have, though? Roll a d6.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

Rolled 3 (1d6)

>In addition to the preference above, roll for an additional preference below. If the preference rolled is the same as the one above, the specific preference becomes the dynasty's obsession.
1- Lords

Guess what

We rolled Lords twice

Our Dynasty has a SHITLOAD of lords, petty but powerful nobled constantly scheming and squabbling and allying and betraying for power. Our Nemensor may not have been eminent, but he had a shitload of children and they had their fingers in a lot of pies, before the War in Heaven

Speaking of, what C'Tan did we serve during said War? d10

Rolled 7 (1d10)

The Lord of Fire, or as they may be better known, Nyadra'zatha, the Burning One, who had long desired to carry his eldritch fires into the Webway and beyond, who enabled the Necrons to gain access to the Labyrinthine Dimension, showing the Necrons how to breach its boundaries - so he could burn the shit out of it. AKA the creator of the Dolmen Gates, the technology the Necron use to penetrate the Webway.

This may be important later, depending how we roll. Specifically, how we roll on our goals. Roll a d100 to determine what our aims are.

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Rolled 77 (1d100)

Dice Servitor you my dog and ima let you finish but i'll let this user who I think is new get this one.

>Immortality is the only object of any worth, and true immortality still escapes them. They will find a way to escape the end of the universe itself.

To overcome entropy? To become divinity? Hard to say why, but we want to be even more Immortalier.

Maybe we're insane. Speaking of which, d10 to determine our mental damage from the long sleep.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

>By some miscalculation every single one of the Necron warriors and lower ranks have perfect recollections of their former lives and are completely sentient.

Awkward.

Now, how does this Dynasty associate with other Dynasties? d20.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

>6-10: Honor- This dynasty seeks to rise in fame through might of blade and victory in honorable battle.

Oh good, I was afraid with our political connections and so many lords we'd be little bitches. It's obvious our many, many lords seek to prove themselves with conquest though.

How do we see non-Necrons, by the way? D6.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

>1-3: Disdain and hatred, only worthy of being destroyed

They're fucking ants. Good thing we're up for a good fight.

We'll come back to hero rolling later.

d20 for the state of our tomb world

Rolled 1 (1d20)

normal. BORING. WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT MEANS.

gonna skip awakening year because lmao who cares

d20 for our enemies. Space Marines/Imperials would be an obvious fit, but we could add an extra wrinkle.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Emperor bless those poor bastards

Different person
I thank you for your wisdom, and plead for you to illuminate me: how do I green text?

Well, we rolled humans anyway!
Don't you fucking meme me son.

ROLL D6. WHAT IS OUR TECH WONDER?

I need help, please: I'm stupid, will you teach me how to roll?

I'm not meming, I swear!

Rolled 4 (1d6)

-+-+-YOU PUT dice+yDx INTO THE OPTIONS FIELD-+-+-

It's ok newfriend. All are welcome in the service of the Emperor.

dice+1d10 or 1d6 or w/e in options field
use > carrots
4: Phase Matrix- The world can phase in and out of reality at a whim, shielding it from attack and discovery.

Perhaps the archaeotech the Crimson Doom have is similar, or even a copy.

Alright, we're almost done. Roll a d6 to determine our Dynasties greatest Hero

-+-+-I SHALL LET THE OTHER user ROLL, IF HE DOES NOT ROLL WITHIN 10 SECONDS, I WILL ROLL FOR HIM-+-+-

Rolled 4 (1d6)

A spy?

d6 for demeanor

Rolled 2 (1d6)

>1-2: Violent

A... violent spy.

So an Assassin?

In a clan of "honoraburr warriors"?

So basically a fucking Necron Eversor?

d6 to determine their fate

Rolled 3 (1d6)

user? you still there?

For the Emperor!

I was on the shitter

3: They were infected with the Flayer virus, and exiled themselves to places unknown.

sum up post next

Our Dynasty was a political dynasty that fought for a larger Dynasty during the secession wars, and they fielded a shit ton of lords in combat - the Overlord had many, many children, and they all competed for prestige and power.

During the war in heaven, we served Nyadra'zatha, the Burning One, who helped develop the Dolmen Gates, an important piece of Necron technology to this day. We may even still have one of it's shards, locked away in a tesseract maze.

Our tomb world awoke normally, but there was a slight quirk in the necronization process, possibly exaserbated by the long sleep - each and every one of our Necron servants and soldiers is sentient, and has perfect memory of their living days. While this means our troops are capable of thinking for themselves, it also means they're capable of disobedience. Perhaps this more 'perfect' form of Necronization is related to our obsession with Immortality - we sought not just to make our Lords immortal, but our citizens as well.

We seek to prove our honor to the other Necron Dynasties by kicking as much ass as possible - preferrably human ass, because fuck those guys. Mortals in general are pretty shit in fact, and our over-riding goal is to achieve true immortality. There's a chance we may be practicing conversion on the humans we capture to this end.

Our Dynastys greatest hero was a spy with a violent nature - possibly some sort of Murder Fucker spy, like a Necron Eversor. Unfortunately they contracted the Flayer Virus and fucked off before they could harm the house. The prodigal favored son of the Overlord?

Finally, we possess one piece of exceptional ancient technology - a Phase Matrix. With this device, our Primary Tomb World can phase in and out of reality, evading even the warp to hide itself.

Recap of everyone? The Crimson Doom, The PDF, the Necron Dynasty?

As we rampage through the Systems surrounding our Tomb World, we give glorious and honorable battle to those who would have it, then exterminate them. Those who surrender without a fight are not worth the trouble - neither our protection or the effort to wipe them out is offered. We simply deign to ignore their petty, brief existence. Our more infuriating enemies however, such as the Crimson Doom, and their Imperial Guard allies, both refuse to face us in an HONORABLE contest. They strike us where our soldiers, perhaps somewhat less vigilant due to their individuality, fail to realize they are in danger. Then, like the shiftless cowards they are, their forces melt back into the surroundings, making them difficult to track
PDF Recap : Crimson Doom Recap: and now I am fucking passing out so I have to go. good luck user

May the Emperor bless you with good dreams.