What is something you've always wanted to do in a campaign but have never experienced (I.E. kinds of dungeons, enemies...

What is something you've always wanted to do in a campaign but have never experienced (I.E. kinds of dungeons, enemies, wondorous sights, etc.)? Also what is something you would do if you GMed? "If I were a GM" general I guess.

Have a fun and enjoyable game where no one bitches endlessly.

Play with other people.

Get more than 3 sessions in before That Guy decides to drop the game because he's A) Not the DM, or B) He's the DM.

And nobody else in my area has an open group with three slots.

Pull off a convoluted team attack combo involving the entire party.

Our luck is shit.

Tracking stuff like rations, torches, and time. I think they present an interesting risk that isn't just dying to a monster, plus some of them could have mechanical effects like attracting wandering monsters or fighting in the dark.

But whenever I ask any GM? "Don't worry about it. You arrive at the next plot destination I wrote, two weeks later."

I agree with this. Managing supplies is weirdly fun to me.

But you quickly get to the point where you're moving supplies by the wagon full.

A straight up 'honorable n' shit' one on one duel between a major enemy and a party member.
I love the fuck out of one on one duels.

Playing a PC that's really two pixies in a trenchcoat. Seems like a silly but potentially entertaining idea

I'd dig that, right down to tracking encumbrance and saddlebags.

I can understand why people don't like it and I don't want to be That Guy, but a lot of these rules are usually fairly simple. You travel for X days, you consume X rations. Your light source works for Y hours. There's a risk of monsters every Z turns/minutes/whatever.

Instead I always get: "You travel for two weeks in the desert with no problems, then you're ambushed! Roll for initiative."

Making it from starting level to max level with the same character.

Find a group that doesn't disintegrate after less than 2 months.

Roleplaying downtime. Never really seems to come up at all except for bookkeeping purposes (if training skills) or if the GM wants to do a "sidequest" that comes up during a player doing something.

Stuff like when you get a big ship for your party, but all the rooms are just nebulous squares until needed. Why not have an entire session adventure ON the ship for a change?

A very complex time travel campaign where the players are able to meet and interact with their own characters in both the past and future.

Sounds like a bookkeeping nightmare at least, and a mind-bending horror at worst.

Run a tesseract dungeon.

As a DM/GM I always wanted to flip my players alignments, have a party that was all about the justice and good will of the people suddenly turn into a band of thieves murders and all around vile people. I came close once, but my players quickly killed one another afterwards.

An all-martial war campaign that celebrates the abilities and ambitions of the players as they go about the world as actual heroes and not just the fucktoys of perpetually higher leveled NPC's on a rigid path of weakness, punishment, and regularly scheduled wealth drops.

I'd want to run a pirates game. Let them do 3rd party, do broken stuff, whatever. Let everyone have fun with it. Custom races, whatever

Would also give me a chance to test a few of my own wacky ideas

>too insecure in my mgmt and mapmaking abilities to try desu

>actual heroes and not just the fucktoys of perpetually higher leveled NPC's on a rigid path of weakness, punishment, and regularly scheduled wealth drops.
>war campaign
Oh, come on, you're asking for this one.
I understand the idea, though. I always wanted to do a Star Wars campaign where none of the characters is a Jedi.

>get that campaign started
>suddenly 2/4 PCs are force sensitive because GM reasons
>GM actually makes interesting campaign despite this until
>campaign ends suddenly with characters being mindbroken

Explain

I was in a hyper cube dungeon once, we got horribly lost and couldn't get our maps straight. Eventually we just started running and brute forced it till we found the room we needed.

I only say "war campaign" in the sense of fighting between fighting guys on a grand scale. Honestly I don't really care that much about the war aspect so long as there's a sprinkling of large scale battle in the campaign, I just think fighting other fighting guys is cooler than slaying monsters.

I always wanted to go Shadow of the Colossus on a creature bigger then me, scalding up its back and shoulders and stabbing it in the eye or something. D&D sucks mechanically for that and my DM wouldn't go for rule of cool ever.

I always wanted to have a forest that straight up ate people. Like the trees just grab up a dumb peasent when they're hungry and go to town. Another idea would be sneaking into a city populated by the enemy. I guess I really like the idea of an entire location being the enemy but never know how to pull it off.

A horror campaign thats all I want.

For once I want my players to see a massive, powerful, terrifying enemy and actually react it to with some emotion other than, "let's go kill it." Nightmareish shadow monsters, insane flying wizard spitting fire, literally a dozen dragons in a sandstorm, and not a single person has been scared.