Why are the Blood Ravens so pasty-cream vanilla in the Dawn of War games?

Why are the Blood Ravens so pasty-cream vanilla in the Dawn of War games?

Would it really hurt to have their army reflect who they are supposed to be - a partially corrupted chapter with a high percentage of Psykers and with kleptomaniac tendencies?

Instead of the same old same old units plus an Imperial Knight they could have included a full squad of Librarians. Or Terminator Librarians as the elites. Or a Squad Captain with a wide array of customizable wargear to choose from all the gear they have 'appropriated' for themselves .

Pic related: A Terminator Librarian.

>Would it really hurt to have their army reflect who they are supposed to be - kleptomaniac tendencies?

So, what, make them black? Fucking racist.

>Would it really hurt to have their army reflect who they are supposed to be - a partially corrupted chapter with a high percentage of Psykers and with kleptomaniac tendencies?

So basically Chaos Rising

Because the DoW games are supposed to show off what a "regular" Space Marine army can put on the tabletop. Like, if they had squads of Libbies and squad with lots of relics, people becoming attracted to the tabletop would try to copy what they've seen, and become pissed that they can't use relic weapons on every single marine.
Meaning they are less likely to buy.
Blood Ravens can't be too codex-deviant.

Also
what are everyone thoughts on DoW III? Does it looks good to you? Bad? Why?

A bit early to tell, but what I have seen looks a bit too flashy for my taste.
Hope there will be an option to turn down particle effects.

You painted your blood ravens wrong OP

i don't mind graphics because i'm not a graphic-whore, the gameplay seems fine
obviously this isn't a Starcraft-killer like the shitposter would say

What this guy said. DoW is also targeted at people who don't know jack about 40k; Blood Ravens are meant to be as vanilla as can be, they aren't Ultramarines or whatever so the writers can do whatever they want with them in terms of storytelling.

It looks alright, but I had a lot of fondness for the RPG elements in DoW2's campaign. It really made your Space Marines feel like super powered heroes rather than expendable mooks, and the boss fights meant that stronk aliens could be legitimately scary. I still remember the horror of fighting the two Avatars of Khaine, or Ulkair.

It'll be a shame to see those campaign systems go, and since I don't play multiplayer very often, I'll probably only pick up DoW3 half a year or so after release, preferably during a sale.

they used a lot of place holder animations, a place holder map and place holder textures. in short the whole trailer was just a poor marketing decision. The jumping terminators will stay tough.

Are you implying that the Bluhd Rahvuns don't adhere to the Codex Astartes?! How do you think they know how to Stheel Rhaine?

Seconded. I'm disappointed that they listened to people clamouring about MORE UNITS and BASE BUILDING. I very much enjoyed the campaign focusing on a few squads and notable personalities.

That's no termi librarian, THIS is a termi librarian.

>Blood Kings
Ayoooo

Relic wouldn't know what to do with all of those psykers. They barely know how to handle the lore.

They added a loot system to one game and accidentally made it cannon that Blood Ravens have shit tons of stolen relics ever since.

>Blood kangs*
Ftfy

Yes they did

Well, I liked the DoW II campaign too, and I recon the game had a lot of interesting features (the cover system coming first among them), but I didn't like the multiplayer as much as DoW I's (Last Stand excluded, this was awesome). I don't know exactly why, I think it's part because of the scale (fighting Tyranids in small skirmishes feel REALLY weird, although it's less the case in the campaign), and the great focus on micro with almost no macro.
It seems like DoW III want to find a happy medium in this, thanks to the micro-able elite units, and the return of base building and huge armies for the macro players. I'm curious about it.

Hol up... Are you sayin' we was Salamanders?

What is this sorcery? Why didn't it work?
Is the Warp strong in this thread?

>Blood Ravens are psyker heavy chapter
>DoW follows a chapter that is dependent on codex astartes tactics and barely has any psykers
>DoW 2 reveals most of Blood Ravens psykers and 1st Chapter are Chaos
>end of DoW 2 has Blood Ravens purge its ranks and become vanilla codex chapter

gee its almost like its on purpose

They can't deny their father

They could, and they did. That's the beauty of it.
They forgot about him so hard they're now trying to find who their Lost Primarch is again, after burrying every relation between him and them for millenia

>The Dark Kangs

working on this chapter now

>try to do the right thing and save your legion
>end up fucking up your dads science project
>your brother and his dog fetish mates forget to question orders and kill your whole planet
>end up teleportation the survivors to hell only for your BFF to turn most of them into dust
>finally think you've suffered enough
>Tzeentch gives you nipple-horns

poor Magnus

I'd like to think that the Ravens could carry wht was good about 1k sons onward.

They were the most noble legion, they were not just genocide machines. They actually cared about knowledge, art and culture more than they cared about killing.

>end up fucking up your dads science project
That's not how you spell "effectively take Big E out of the conflict, tie up considerable forces in defence of the Imperial Dungeon AND wreck any chance of humanity riding itself of Chaos".

Not saying the bit about Russ isn't true, but, you know, perspective.

>They were the most noble legion, they were not just genocide machines. They actually cared about knowledge, art and culture more than they cared about killing.
I'd argue the Salamanders were (and are) the most noble legion, but the Sons were definitely up there.
In many ways they were too noble and idealistic for the setting.

>kleptomaniac tendencies?

Nothing has been proven. All those were gifts.

Can someone explain me how the humie webway project would help to separate humankind of chaos?

Didn't Veeky Forums roll up a chapter whose favored tactics were heavy use of rhinos, and favored weapons was bolt pistols? And from there people extrapolated drive-by gangsta shootings from Rhinos.

Mankind would no longer need psykers (astropaths and Navigators) because of the Webway. And eventually mankind would mature into a psychic race.

An analogy would be like weapon instruction. You don't let them use it on their own, because they'll kill themselves until you teach them.

WE WUZ LEGIONZ AND SHIET

>caring more about arr and culture than killing

I'm sorry,

Are these genetically engineered super soldiers created to cleanse the galaxy of enemies or a San Francisco commune.

The obvious solution would be to release a Codex for the Blood Ravens. They're popular enough, more so than the Iron Hands.

>TFW play IG in all the expacs
>General Sturnn is a fucking badass
>Get to Dark Crusade
>Plugged a warp portal with Guardsmen corpses.
>Defeat Eliphas
>Fuck yeah
>Necron's are next.
>Fuckers just wont die
>Do Necron Stronghold mission
>Absolutely horrifying, tense gameplay and atmosphere
>Blow up that horrible fucking tomb after trying three days straight
>Fuck yeah.
>Suddenly surrounded by 8 defense Necron territories.
>Can't really move forward
>Try to attack Necron lands
>"This place has two bases and a skilled commander"

It's hard to play to IG strengths/Necron weaknesses when you start off outnumbered by beings infinitely more powerful than you.

they wouldn't need to travel through the warp. they could send exactly the right amount of soldiers to whatever battlefield they needed to in a fraction of the time, not just soldiers but resources as well. it wouldn't have made the Imperium perfect, but it would have been a pretty big step in the right direction.

blood ravens were supposed to be vanilla so first time players didn't have to go lore digging, veteran players didn't get pissy about codex deviating mary sues and people who liked the game and wanted to buy the models to make a blood raven army would only freak out at the expensive price instead of the "why can't i have all my Sargent be librarians as well"