Any good systems for squad-based tactical operations?

Any good systems for squad-based tactical operations?

Something like a tabletop doorkickers where the PCs have to plan out every move and lethality is extremely high.

I'd like to check out a book that gives not only good rules on running some very /k/-like operator games, but also offers guidelines on building and running enemy NPC squads, writing good adventures and coming up with fun encounters and maps for these types of games.

Other urls found in this thread:

opsandtactics.com/books
mega.nz/#F!RJNkDbpL!0rfEeJ7rryxgrxbD2LHX6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe look into Chain Reaction, I hear good things from some local wargamers.

Hm, Only War is cool, but I was looking for something less fantastical, yeah.

Sci-Fi is fine, but not as high fantasy as 40k.

What is it about? Can't find a lot of info on it.

It's a squad-level skirmish game that all the modern military fags used to say was really good, and supposedly works for any era where modern guns are a thing. I think it's a Two Hour Wargames thing, they're supposed to be excellent.
I don't know a whole lot, as I don't have a copy and only know what I've heard secondhand, but I figured I'd try to do the right thing and recommend a system that fits what you want, rather than just do the usual thing and tell you to use my favorite system, like most people in system recommendation threads.

Ops & Tactics.

Huh! Thanks, I'll check it out.

OP here.

I'm reading over the pdf, and this sounds really awesome. Thanks for the rec, my guy.

Obligatory GURPS mention.

The new Infinity system's pretty good, if you're into sci-fi.

Its called Ops and Tactics and i swear there is one of these threads every week,

opsandtactics.com/books
why cant someone run it?

Not this guy, but specifically I think he meant to mention GURPS Tactical Shooting. Unsurprisingly, it does well at the title matter with rules and guidance in tactical maneuvering (slicing the pie, covering retreats, etc.) and aiming, loadouts, whatever. Rules for keeping calm under fire, shooting guns in enclosed spaces without hearing protection, etc.

Mix with High-Tech (modern gear/guns catalog) and possibly Martial Arts (for MCMAPS style CQC), even Technical Grappling (for grabbing people by their molle tacvests, yanking them headfirst into a pillar, jamming your knife in their leg and using it as a handle to manipulate them via pain and ultimately bring them to the ground, locking their arm behind their back and ultimately dislocating it before pinning them with one arm as you lay down covering fire on the nearby doorway with your quick drawn sidearm... or whatever).

Could you link me to the pdf?

Just google Two Hour Wargames website, my man. They've put it up for free.

Phoenix Command is the single most /k/ system ever devised

They require emails and addresses and registration and such like - I don't suppose any kind user would be willing to share so us poorfags can also enjoy the free game?

Give me a minute, and I'll share all the free stuff I just got. (I used 10 minute mail, and told them I was Fred Flintstone from Bedrock.)

mediafire com/file/oaf1wqyaco0n6na/CR.PDF

Here ya go, friendo.

Took a while - the Mega firefox extension was being an asshole, but I eventually figured out it was the reason I couldn't log in and disabled it.

mega.nz/#F!RJNkDbpL!0rfEeJ7rryxgrxbD2LHX6w

I'm gonna see if I can't get any other THW stuff and put it in there.

Hey, thanks brother user! And thanks also for the head's up on tenminuteemail.

And thank you too! Bloody awesome.

OP here.

Chain Reaction is great, I'm already setting up a game for tomorrow afternoon.

Let us know how it works out in real life with other folks!

I would consider the group more important than the system on this one.

Personally I'm not sure if I would even do a game like that unless half the group or more had their CIB or CMB or something like that, especially the GM if I was playing it instead of running it. It would probably drive me up the fucking wall otherwise.