>Question of the day
Is Santa corp or runner?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (requires build)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/11/run-like-a-champ/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/2/9/android-mainframe/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/products/terminal-directive/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/23/open-for-business/
pastebin.com/0eBh6JQm
sendspace.com/file/hb97n1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm betting on corp myself... we're talking worldwide spying network to know what people want, incredible production and delivery lines with techs that range from the most rudimentary to the more advanced...

No way it's just a runner enterprise.

Trying to articulate why I don't much like CtM...

a) feels like power creep from previous similar options - the two credits bonus from Making News feels relatively tame in comparison, all things considered, and the tag for *any* trash makes Gagarin sedate in comparison. I do think it gives the corp more control for less constraint/investment.

b) ID-based tagging. Not something I like much in principle - might be wrong, but I think overall it's better if the corp has to build or sacrifice its board a bit for tagging - wait for and create windows - though I still find Argus fair because of the choice left to the runner and the trigger-associated cost. Add political assets and new-ish cheap to rez high trash cost assets to the mix and... yeah... you can see how things are going to get ugly.

c) *Unavoidable* tag. Without even going into Zona Sul Shipping territory, I think it constrains options a lot for decks that need that tag off. Funnels the deck-building in certain directions. Which leads me to:

d) It basically feels like the "fuck you, play link or else" card. The heavy handed one-card attempt at the end of a more subtle context change though variety of options, that really didn't need it, as it was starting to bear fruit, or at least I think so.

>a)
I don't think it's actually power creep. While Making News is more flexible and isn't necessary related to tags, CtM encourage the player to play assets by adding an additional tax. Gagarin certainly pales in comparison by adding that small tax to every card in the remotes. IG is another "asset protection" ID that I like a lot, certainly the Prison Lock got him a lot of bad rep but I loved the concept since it was spoiled during Lunar Cycle.

>b)
I don't find anything wrong with ID-based tagging, as long as there's a trace attached to it. I wish the trace was lower though, but the recent trend is that traces should be higher so they can impact the game even against link runners.

>c)
I hate this part. No tag should really be unavoidable, except maybe from scoring an agenda and forfeiting it like Posted Bounty. Unavoidable stuff is really strong and should be a payment like in Stimhack or a reward like scoring/forfeiting an agenda.
The Zona Sul Shipping scenario isn't so bad really, if you're playing against NBN tags are given and Zona Sul isn't going to last long.

>d)
If you want to nullify an ID you should be the one taking the extra steps to avoid it. It's only natural. At any rate, one can play around it by not trashing anything installed, or trashing only the absolute must. Besides, removing a tag is actually not that big of a tax like it would be in IG, although it adds up if you have to trash a lot of stuff.

From a pure econ standpoint, I find CtM is more threatening than MN - depending on runner that's 3-4 credits (if the corp doesn't boost) or two credits and a tag per trash. MN ois cool for the transaction (or agenda ability in the case of Data Pool) based traces, for ICE? Not making you much more threatening in my experience (though I may be outdated, I'm guessing slotting NM back is long overdue since D&D).

>I don't find anything wrong with ID-based tagging

As I said, may just be me. I don't much like it though unless properly tempered.

(Zona Sul was just a joke really - marks a limit so to speak)

>If you want to nullify an ID you should be the one taking the extra steps to avoid it.

Which isn't the issue, of course you have to. The problem is more what options you have for it.
For sure, you can go tag-me if you don't go link (I have). I'd argue a lot, if not most builds cannot afford that. Thus the link shoe-horning.

Worse thing for me really is how that "unavoidable" clause really funnels the builds with not much margin.

Compare with another powerful ID runner side... the Whizz is *very* powerful, but the runner cannot build his deck so that the corp will be forced to suffer his ability. If the corp is purely operation based he's a blank. Returns on that power vary wildly from one match to another to account for how high it can get.
I'd say CtM would be comparable in power if not for one important distinction: the corp can and will force the runner to deal with the ID ability.

>Besides, removing a tag is actually not that big of a tax.

The way it's set up? I'm finding it's actually pretty big in aggregate.
One way you'd want to side-step this if you don't go link is to trash several cards at once... trouble is, you're already one click short, before mentioning things that are must trash - which the corp *will* have. It's an up-hill battle for the runner with the corp having a native tool for tempo slow down/control.

All that said, I'm not all doom and gloom about the ID as some seem to be, but since the reveal, and having played and seen it played, I haven't much liked the idea of it. Just haven't been able to articulate properly why yet.

>The problem is more what options you have for it.
If we are talking link then we are including teching against it and not just playing around it. In that way we have a number of choices to shut it down that are not specifically against CtM, but they help a lot in the match. Slums and Employee Strike are probably the most effective. Link is also good if you can leverage it in your build (Cloud, UC) or against an opponent (Fuck Tracer ICE).

Honestly though, I love playing link and cutting through all that tracer ICE like it's swiss cheese.

>you're already one click short
From some cards we can assume that a single extra click is worth around 2 credits for the Runners (I'm thinking specifically Savoir Faire, but there are others). With that in mind I think the trace4 adds up to 2 credits for the extra click, and 2 credits for the tag. Meaning that paying the base trace is practically like gaining an extra click to remove that tag.
Just a thought I wanted to share, not denying anything really.

I do think Slums is an accidental tech, that wasn't intended to be. Still good that it is there... and Employee Strike suffers from current volatility and *very* fierce competition for that slot.

From observation, I think the click is worth more than the money. Crash Space didn't get any way back into the pool - and Networking only ever did because of the flexibility in dealing with HHN methinks.

Chakana/Akshara Sareen deck... because no one else will.

Add in Progenitor for a quick recovery after a purge. Black File too maybe?

Any hope for the last Flashpoint pack and/or 42 to appear around Xmas?

From the FFG status page, Terminal Directive is still at the printer. Quorum has been on the boat since the first of December. Wouldn't put any hope in it reaching shops by two days' time.

Maybe some end of year spoilers if we're lucky.

Add Virus Breeding Ground (make that extra click useful) and Fester.

Maybe the Source might be useful if you want to make it even harder to FA. Jeeves can NA a 3/2 otherwise.

I'm thinking the real big question is what do you want to do with that click? Why do you want it?

Chakana if well set up should be useful enough in mitigating the advantage to the corp. That price being dealt with, need to leverage the extra click into something.

And no, I'm not planning on going DLR if I can avoid it. Too many people have given the card an unjust bad rep.

Multiple notoriety/quest complete/future crim derez card and/or apocalypse turns?

Even 5+ clicks for keyhole spam is brutal.

Multi-Notoriety is nice, but happens so rarely that a simple All-Nighter build would do the trick. On top of that, Quest Completed also adds being rarely useful more than once per turn. Exploit hits a middle ground in that it needs 6+- ICE rezzed to be worthwhile, which while not impossible is fairly situational too (though mightily fun prospect).

Apoc basically kills you rig... don't know how much I'd want it in there.

Keyhole spam could work I guess...

Maybe quite simply in Adam. Would make for a different rig at least.

Hmmm... now what about Encore?

Doesn't matter that the corp has one more click if you play four turns in a row...

Throw in hyperdrivers for EVEN MORE CLICKS.

The ultimate jank with multiple 8+ click turns!

I wonder how hard can we make scoring out be for the corp. Cards that actually intefere with the act of scoring out are

Chakana
The Black File
The Source
Clot
Traffic Jam

Also, I just noticed Chakana isn't unique. Might be devastating in a Hivemind deck.

Don't forget Populist Rally

Having played it, yeah, the set up is hard on you but multi-Chakana Hivemind is hard to swallow for the corp when it gets going - especially with Fester back up.

I love that one. Preventing a purge at the most inopportune time is always a joy.

I love that new trend of putting the click sign into the art.

Finally getting some friends from my hometown into Netrunner while I'm home for the holidays.

I had one of them concede after they milled themselves with Wyldside. The same thing happened the next game with a different player, when he played MaxX and then played wyldside.

Wyldside ON TOP of MaxX? Kudos, balls of steel.

It was around 2 am, and he just said fuck it. I couldn't believe him either.

Add inject with no recursion.

The wheel wills it. Final destination.

Kinda want to play that now, to be honest.

That alt art Mushin No Shin is also pretty great as well.

Still prefer the original, but it does look nice.

Hmmm... Show of Force in Curfew Cybernetics Division... I wonder.

Scratching, lets go full jank: Harvester and Ark Lockdown.

Nah, just play the alt art mushins alongside that Curfew and see the look on the runner's faces.

Mushin plan hardly needs the curfew back up. With a Junebug, you're already past what the runner can withstand going full draw turn + one run (it's amusing how everyone expects brain damage too, the look of surprise makes it all worth it).

Keep wanting to go back to old Donut...

Nice

>Earth's best mom mug
Cute

Wonder if when we see Pat (who I think is in the bottom photo there) she has a "Mars's best mom" mug

So many games starting with a Temujin on Archives is making me want to give NEXT a try - is there a good answer to first-turn Tem, and has anyone had much luck/fun with NEXT?

Shock or protective upgrade in Archives maybe? Crisium on Archives would be pretty funny especially if they do it turn 1.

First turn Temujin is harsh, but it's better to bait it and then protect it, than losing tempo to installing anything and then having to rez it all.

Who won worlds this year?

Chris Dyer, first non-US player to win.
Won with Whiz and NBN CTM.

Possibly not a fan of the "you must appear on the card" rule - his hair is a bit unfortunate

I just googled Chris Dyer and I guess this is not the guy, but his hair is amazing

From the schadenfreude I gathered it wasn't Mr D'Argenio... quick google search gave me the name Chris Dyer as winning, if it helps.

ICE-ing does seem like the most likely play. No easy answer for sure. Tangentially, I'm somewhat surprised by Scarcity of Resource's lack of success (at least around here). I mean, I didn't believe the card would be the greatest thing ever on release, but it did seem interesting. And no one seemed to have cared that much.

A Tem Whizzard + CtM was the winner, followed by DLR MaXx + Sync.

Fun fact: NBN was the only Corp in the T8 this year.

>Fun fact:
Unfun fact

Wow, yeah, that guy's hair is amazing.
The guy with the moon shirt next to Damon is the netrunner Chris Dyer

Strangely it is only 4 years into the game that NBN actually won Worlds (iirc), despite MWL and Astro nerfs. And with a 12 Inf ID no less.

If only Citadel came out in time...

Yeah, despite never being bad, NBN had never won Worlds before.

And, from a technical standpoint NBN was actually the LAST corp to win Worlds (there was a "world championships" in 2012, but it seems to have been core-only, and didn't have a winner card)

Looking at it, I also find it kinda odd that Shaper have never won

The first winner's card is Architect. Jen's the CBI raid, and Dan's first one is Deuces Wild.

It is indeed odd for Shaper to not win either, especially when they are pretty well supported relative to Anarchs. That said, Andy could have won her third Worlds if Citadel (and power tap link by extension) came out then with all those tracers everywhere. 24/7 BN aside.

Might be due to Shapers frequently being weak against NBN's usual strategies despite shenanigans, so they get filtered out quickly.

That makes little sense to me. They got the tutors to fetch any program in the early, the recursion to keep clot active, the link to ignore any trace, the draw to keep the cards coming, the fastest setup with Hayley, theirs are the first 40 card runner for consistency, and the R&D tools.

While they certainly have good reactions for most dominant strategies, doesn't it also dilute their overall game plan by a good bit? Either the silver bullets are weighing them down, or the other factions are just that more efficient at closing a win.

>Is Santa corp or runner?
Corp if western interpetation with exploiting elves
Runner if more eastern where he does shit himself and travels on blizzard winds instead of deers

Fisk has his own Corp that, like most financial-based entities, would very likely happily rip off plebs in order to makes lotsa profits. So yeah, dear robot santa would make a great runner.

And now I have that Fisk-Santa image in my head.

He does party with Jackson, giving draw to corporates and runners alike

"Let the children come to me!"

Creepy guy.

Christmas Dinosaurus is the best Dinosaurus

>future ICE version of dinosaurus not the best

It's like you have no hope.

That bow definitely has some standing to it.

Hey /anrg/ help me out please.
I'm totally out of the loop. Used to play Netrunner a lot when it came out, but only bought the base set, first three (I think) expansions from the first cycle and also was gifted the first deluxe expansion - haven't even played that one a lot.
Then some stuff came up in my life and had to put the Netrunner, among some other things, onto a shelf.
I see there's a metric shit ton of resources in the OP, and I will definitely give some of that a good read but I'd like a honest opinion from people who haven't stop playing for years, like I did.

Where do I go from here? What should I buy next? Any expansions or maybe cycles I should skip? How to prioritise the purchases?
One detail probably no one will find helpful at all - I don't have any favourites. Played all Corps and Runners on pretty much equal basis.
Thanks for reading my blog etc

I'd start buying the Deluxe boxes for completeness. They fixes a bunch of problems with many of the factions.
Then I'd pick the Championship decks, particularly the Corp deck because it's pretty amazing: Architects, Jacksons, Elis, a gorgeous Tollbooth. The Runner deck doesn't include so many staples although some of those full bleed art are just amazing, like the console.
And then I'd start getting datapacks from the Flashpoint cycle, starting with Blood Money. And just picking datapacks from previous cycles as I find myself needing cards.

Btw, Flashpoint cycle starts by picking up from the events that happens in the Android Mainframe boardgame. Titan Transactional (that's Weyland biggest Bank conglomerade) goes dark for 23 seconds, and shit starts hitting the fan during the cycle. Assassinations, Massacres, shit is dark.

Thanks mate.
What are Championship decks? First time I hear about those.
Also -
>Android Mainframe boardgame
Is that any good?

>What are Championship decks? First time I hear about those.
Here's the announcement, basically it's the set of decks that won Worlds Championship in 2015.
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/11/run-like-a-champ/

The decks are not even legal for tournament play anymore. We have a new rule for tournaments called MWL, or NAPD Most Wanted List, that makes certain cards reduce your total influence by 1 each.

>>Android Mainframe boardgame
>Is that any good?
Haven't played it, but I recon it's quite fun. The game is based in the old Bauhaus game, so if you know it you know what's up. Some people also compares it to a game played in notebooks during high school days or something. Never heard of that one.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/2/9/android-mainframe/

It's pretty decent for a relatively light game. Would recommend 3 players.

The runner one at least is still legal iirc, with the WNP being unique being the only major change compared to '15.

That said, while not a legal tourney deck, the corp version is still one of the best things for new players to get early, esp for HB players. And a convenient way to get Jackson Howard without hunting for a semi-useful old pack.

Bump

I just read about how to use Top Hat with Misdirection together. Very interesting. Basically you "misdirect" the top card while TopHat the 4th card. Next run you misdirect the next card, and tophat the 3th. 4 cards in 2 runs.

I meant Equivocation. Misdirection gets rid of tags.

You can look at more cards by running more and Top Hatting a higher number too, up to 8 cards I think. Even if you're using only one of the two being able to see a new card in RnD each time is pretty good. Might consider Top Hat in Crim over Turning Wheel since it doesn't need to be charged, though you're missing out multi-access in HQ instead.

bump

I do love when some thematic events come into a game through natural play - being Argus taking out Andy's Earthrise and Citadel Sanctuary to slow her the hell down (she never got another sanctuary), shooting her Supplier with a Contract Killer (he only had a power tap, but best to shoot him ASAP), dissuading 2 Siphons with Dedicated Response Teams, using Prisec to bait her and slow her down.

Meanwhile she kept running Security Testing and Temujin Contracts - running against a security corp makes a lot of sense for both of those - and using ex-Weyland tech Hernando Cortez to make ice less rezable - in particular there was an exploit with my own money-making ice, and it could have made rezzing my archer a lot more difficult.

I love definitely those games when a story/narrative naturally grows out of play. One of the best part of the game for me.

Fuck have to make some decks for Saturday, we're going to try and "improvise" some stealth Netrunner event but I'm so fucking smashed I can barely remember card names right now.

Tipsy netrunner is pretty amusing - you take bold risks, make daring (and dumb) plays, and are generally unpredictable.

Though I have dozed off mid game on J-net a couple of times before...

Tne new, better rage-quitting.

"Bastard stopped playing mid-game!
- Sorry, was asleep."

Ok, I've ordered the Mainframe along with the Infiltration game - anyone played that one?
Those deluxe expansions can't arrive any sooner, fuck waiting for stuff.

In a few months they are releasing a story campaign for Netrunner with tournament legal cards. I'm liking this a new way to release cards, sounds like it will be fun. Here's the link: fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/products/terminal-directive/

You might ant to check this one also?

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/23/open-for-business/

I like Infiltration in that you always have that choice to time right about going deeper for better loot or calling it a day before it's too late.

I think the game would need a way to... I don't know tie player actions better together.
For a game that's supposed to be a about a common heist, I find it sometimes feels like players are playing alongside instead of together, if I make sense (if not ignore, still beside myself)

Incidentally, Android Infiltration is a rehash of Incan Gold board game just like Mainframe is to Bauhaus. Quite clever for FFG to bring these games together under the same umbrella/Universe.

>rehash of Incan Gold board game
That's news, interesting, I think that game has atleast 3 versions now.

Lack of news for this hurts.

I'm really hoping that we get more news on Terminal Directive soon. Thank god they dropped the price though. That initial price point of $60 was a bit intimidating.

Well we did get the entire rulebook, complete with the names of the initial cards you get - including Black Level Clearance and Eli 2.0
(there may be other, secret cards)
pastebin.com/0eBh6JQm

There was a total scan of the german rulebook (where I got pic related and where the translation comes from) but that seems to have vanished

Well, Quorum is due within 2ish weeks, so at least some spoilers should be appearing 'soon'.

Won't be surprised if more news for 42 only appears then.

Steve Cambridge, who is clearly Keanu Reeves

Feel really dumb that I didn't save the german pdf though, the pics really help

It's odd that I remember reading the German pdf but don't have it saved anywhere either. At the very least I hope they announce the ID abilities or something soon though, that would help in brainstorming a deck or two.

>I remember reading the German pdf but don't have it saved anywhere either

sendspace.com/file/hb97n1

This is fine.

As a professional face-checker I do find the prospect of tutoring subroutines somewhat sobering.

Hey Veeky Forums, Are you a monster that plays ICE facing yourself, or are you a gentleman that plays ICE facing the Runner?

It's one of those "if you can get it to fire..." subs, though Batty would be fun.

The dream is firing when they're using John Massanori, and if you're doing dream scenarios it might as well be last click

Nice, danke

I wasn't actually thinking in the sub. Just that a 4 to rez code gate with 2 subs, 1 of them ETR and 4 strength is pretty fine in Weyland. And in case of AI breaker, you can power it up to unbreakable for AIs.

Is this a good card game for a newbie to get into? Should I play the board game first?

Its very friendly to new players, all of the card packs (otherwise known as cycles) all have the same cards in each pack. The base game and subsequent expansion boxes around 30-40 apiece.

My friends who play Magic said it was about $300 USD to get started, Netrunner is around $150 and a very nice set of cards that will never cycle out of competitive.

As for the board game... I didn't start with it. A lot of the story and world building is found in the manual and on card text.

I'll be honest, it's really going to depend on your player profile.

If you're an invested player with a competitive bent, the game is going to be in a funky state for roughly a year I'd say. The time to see how rotation is going to affect the community.
I certainly wouldn't advise against getting into the game, but you have to know that next year is going to be pivotal to its future. You're not getting in at the most stable of times. The meta has been in a bind for a while and the competitive side *needs* a kick in the anthill methinks.

This probably also applies, though for different reasons, and to a lesser extent if you're a dedicated non-competitive player. If only because how that segment of players deals with rotation next year is going to define who you can play with, and with which card pool.

If you're an occasional competitive player - ie you have a competitive edge but can't afford to keep up with tournaments and the local scene and just want game once in a while with friends - I'm thinking the game is in a pretty cool state actually. You don't have to go for the ultra-specialized, tailored decks and can just go with bits and pieces, and I think it helps making the game play a lot better.

If you're a non competitive casual, well, the worse is going to keep up with the pace of the game while also ingesting the huge quantity of existing material. I'm thinking you're going to have a good time though. Carefree mode helps a lot.

Made me check, force of habit has me play ICE facing the Runner.

We've been talking about getting back the fear of facechecking into the runner for while, and in that respect, I really like this.

Tutoring cards from a subroutine to the runner it ranges from fairly inconvenient to terrifying , yet is more than probably *not* game ending.

There's a lot of potential for cool board states here.

Still requires that 3 advancement though, which isn't an insignificant investment without any efficient advancement tools.