Redpill me on Frontier

Redpill me on Frontier

Is it actually going to go anywhere and worth trying to re-assemble my Khans-era warrior tribal deck, or is a dumb pipedream created to make interest in the dying secondhand market?

>Redpill me
You need to go back.

/pol/ is bleeding again.

Shut up, silly. Answer my question, please.

i would advise against it atleast for a year.

It might be decent for now but given time it'll just have all the same problems as modern

This. Meta is too similar to standard and standard from KTK.
Doubt it. Modern was released with over 30 sets. Frontier seems to be starting with less than half that. Supply issues that modern has are not going to be apparent in frontier for a while, especially given the way they overprint sets because of their lottery cards.

>Is it going to go anywhere
Yes, for a few years until it has enough cards to catch the same problem as Modern. Basically, instead of Extended, the future is going to be a boom and bust series of "non-rotating" formats.

>Worth reassembling warrior tribal
Doubtful. That deck couldn't really compete in its own Standard, let alone the current Standard, let alone Frontier.

>Is it a pipedream
No, see point #1. Know when to bail the fuck out, though.

For as long as Wizards doesn't acknowledge it as an official format, there's always gonna be that chance that it goes the way of Tiny Leaders.

>>>/reddit/

It's a bunch of people trying to instill value in their Khans fetchlands. Joke format.

Yes, because Fetchlands absolutely need to be instilled value. nobody would buy those anyway

The recent fetchlands dropped by about 40% when they rotated out of standard.

>It's a bunch of moons trying to instill value in their worthless post-modern cards. Joke format.
Fixed that for you user. The only reason to play this shit is if you played standard, have all the cards, and desperately want your shit to be expensive for no reason.

yes, and they will regain value in a few months or years because they're fucking fetchlands

It's target audience is people who are butthurt CoCo rotated out and wanted a format that was ALL CoCo FOREVER

No, not fetchlands: tangolands
Since Frontier has no shocklands, fetchlands are significantly less useful. But since they can fetch the tangolands, tangolands have become relevant.

Did you read my post at all?

I literally do not give a shit about Khans fetches, they're valuable independent of this meme format. This format is just so your binder of deflecting palm/den protector/various commands is no longer completely worthless.

>various commands
The only Command that doesn't see Modern play is Silumgar's Command

This criticism would be valid if it weren't for the new border. The old border was not dated by any stretch. There is no doubt some plan for a new format eventually. It can't hurt to pick up cheap shit now.
The current push might be those people who want to keep their Den Protectors relevant, but anyone who has played standard for more than one cycle understands that their shit rotates. If they cared at all about the money, they would have dumped their bulk rares months before rotation.

As long as the current standard is in, most of the decks will just be current standard decks or top decks from back in the day but edited to be a bit better. There are more available decks, but efficiency beats all in a lot of peoples minds. Especially with easy manafixing still available. You could get some interesting stuff going if Theros and such was in it, sure, but as of right now, its basically last Standard+This standard, and that's is not exactly a good OR bad thing... just more of the same.

It doesn't solve the basic problems with magic: cost to get in is too high, cost to keep playing in standard is too high, aging playerbase, power creep, secondary market, mana curve is usually a shit mechanic.

It's fucking trash.

Newfag reddit investors made frontier so they can have a shitty artificial boom from this new format.

It's shit.

No one in this thread even explains what the fuck this is.

>Basically Modern 2.0
>Sets from M15 (the set where the newer card border was introduced) and onward are legal

because they're not new

Really should have been called Post-Modern desu. Frontier sounds like just another spinoff version of Magic with different rules like Commander and Planechase.

>Frontier sounds like just another spinoff version of Magic with different rules like Commander and Planechase.
Oh. Interest lost. That's what I was hoping it would be, but it isn't.

I would personally avoid it because 4 color goodstuff was a shit standard and frontier is basically going to be that but with more cards.

>It's a bunch of people trying to instill value in their Khans fetchlands. Joke format.
almost correct. they're trying to re-inflate baby jace and coco. buncha chumps that didn't sell when the selling was good and got punished.

Given that Warriors probably takes all of 20 bucks to build and if people around your lgs are talking about it, might as well.

>re-assemble my Khans-era warrior tribal deck
Why do you think a deck that couldn't win in Standard will win in Frontier?