Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Happy Holidays Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.

This thread houses three systems: First, QuasarBlack's CYOA PDFs which may be used as writing prompts. Second, AMGC which expands on the CYOA character creation and provides rules for combat. Finally, the SCS is an alternative to AMGC with a similar purpose. IRC uses mostly AMGC and Discord uses mostly SCS.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images: mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

>Addons to the CYOA, currently only the Patron Module:
pastebin.com/9qFcbzN0

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/teUgkHyS
>Changelog: pastebin.com/nNqnESfz
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/V2X9itz0

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat
Linkboard: titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns:
Ask for a link

Previous Thread:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50686490

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3
pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing
discord.gg/KG8Qx
discord.gg/sUp8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.14.
It features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

>Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

>Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

>AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

AMGC Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature.

AMGC Fusion, for magical girls that are truly inseparable. At least, as long as the fusion lasts.
Currently unbalanced.

The AMGC Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

The SCS was made as an addon to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike.

This PDF covers the basics of magical girls and sets the groundwork for updates and addons.

>Addons to the SCS, including the Patron expansion and GM's Guide
pastebin.com/kVJmwcj3

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/wTMU8JjX
>Changelog: pastebin.com/pzKwa1kD
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/WpKxFQd9
>Character Sheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_6DplVo1_Kq2orPNUkVEmZb-4edqGBGase2ImIDLQs/edit?usp=sharing

The SCS Order & Chaos, Friend & Foe expansion, for adapting patrons to SCS play, a basic bestiary, and creating dark magical or monster girl characters.

The SCS Worlds & Wishes supplement, for directly adapting AMGC characters into the SCS, getting advice on GMing, plenty of optional rules, and more. A FAQ is also included for some common questions.

discord.gg/KG8Qx

New link for the Discord.

Do your patrons have any friends?

Say, so who's for compressin' the post into like, three to four posts, 'stead of making it a bunchton of posts.

That'd be nice.

Yeah, like one post for each ofthe CYOA, AMGC, and SCS main pdfs with links in each post to the supplements

What's the point though? That would just make it harder to access the supplementary pdf's.
It's not like these threads ever hit the image limit anymore anyway

Keep in mind that the supplements taking up the most space (*cough AMGC cough*) are not even official parts of the system. They have different writers who have since abandoned them and are out of whack with the updated balance changes. If they were fixed up, sure, post them but there's no reason to anymore.

There'd be no loss to linking those supplements in a text link. They aren't used anyway for the mentioned reasons and just add bloat.

>There'd be no loss to linking those supplements in a text link
Well that's a nice opinion you've got there, but maybe you should leave this up to popular vote?
Or just not bother at all? It's dumb to talk about them taking up space when we're barely scraping 10-15 images per thread lately before the threads die. What's the actual point of getting rid of the extra couple of pdfs?

Rolled 12, 10, 2, 14, 5, 10, 3, 7, 20, 10, 1 = 94 (11d20)

Most people in the IRC and Discord either have expressed disinterest or want the OP compressed. You can cry "popular vote" as much as you'd like, but popular opinion is what keeps bringing it up.

We also actually HAD a compressed OP at one point, and it was approved of by the community, but a shitposter made the next handful of threads so that we couldn't utilize it.

Did you read what was said?
The information in most of the supplement pdfs is out of date and misleading to anyone new who would join. Many newfags for AMGC get confused over how there seem to be references to things that no longer exist or were never finished (and never will be) in the supplements.

There should still be references to them available but other than that I can't find a reason for them to still be regularly posted and cause all this drama. They had a point in being posted once. They don't anymore.

SCS could be completed into one PDF and not hit the filesize but thats up to its still active creator. Those supplements are kept concurrent though so I don't see a point.

The CYOA obviously should be posted in its two parts and come first.

HP's back, and continues to be Best Girl.

>Most people in the IRC and Discord either have expressed disinterest or want the OP compressed
>Many newfags for AMGC get confused over how there seem to be references to things that no longer exist or were never finished (and never will be) in the supplements.
[citation needed]

Rolled 14, 4, 11, 17, 7, 8, 5, 10, 9, 2, 9, 4 = 100 (12d20)

Rolled 13, 16, 14, 2, 6, 11, 1, 16, 4, 20, 7 = 110 (11d20)

Lurk more. The complaints pop up open enough in the thread and in both platforms.

Rolled 18, 18, 1, 7, 8, 9, 9, 19, 7, 6, 11 = 113 (11d20)

Roll

SCS v1.8 sometime right after New Year's.

Potential Updates so far:
>Flexibility rework
>Water/Fists nerf
>More augments, particularly Gold augments, hopefully also including the t4->t5 augments
>Probably a couple more Generic spells to let you cover more niches in combat.

Anything else you guys think I should cover?

Rolled 1, 17, 5, 19, 2, 12, 20, 4, 15, 3, 15 = 113 (11d20)

Why nerf your own character?

Because one of the abilities is kinda broken.

What kind of question is this?

Have you ever had to fight against a Duplication girl? What are your favourite tactics to use against them?

>tfw you will never pat Pat's Pats

Disguise Artifact to pretend to be a duplicate.

Which system would that work in?

Depends more on the GM letting you get away with it than the system.

I'm pretty sure it's in the gray area of both systems.

Rolled 13, 16, 12, 19, 15, 10, 2, 12, 20, 19, 11 = 149 (11d20)

What about unmoderated roleplay?

The SCS rules state that you can copy ANY combatant with the Disguise artifact, but doesn't give you any specific bonuses for copying Duplicates.

AMGC doesn't have any rules on the subject.

For unmoderated play, I'd say go with whatever you guys can agree on.

I'll bite. How do I join this thing?

There's an IRC and a Discord server. The IRC is in the OP, but the Discord's invite link changes every day due to shitposting issues.

From there, you make a character (or you can make one here in the thread) and figure out the rest from the PDFs. The one in the OP is the basic CYOA. AMGC (The blue PDF) is a secondary system. The plain-text PDFs are a combat system add-on for the CYOA in the OP.

Speaking of the Discord, here's today's link: discord.gg/sUp8s

you can roll in the thread by typing 'dice+11d20' for the basic CYOA or 'dice+12d20' for AMGC into the Options field.

I like to think they have at least some cooperative contact to the other puchuus. I'm not sure if it extends beyond a co-worker association level but there's probably entities they'll talk to on a regular basis.

Who knows, maybe someday we'll be friends.

Rolled 20, 16, 19, 6, 5, 12, 20, 14, 15, 7, 17, 16 = 167 (12d20)

so is anyone here going to make a Christmas card for the other cyoa threads? /jc/ and /cyoag/ are making some

We don't have any drawfags.

Rolled 1, 14, 2, 5, 16, 10, 5, 7, 10, 19, 5, 13 = 107 (12d20)

Rolled 19, 19, 15, 18, 7, 9, 17, 4, 12, 17, 12, 18 = 167 (12d20)

Shit if I was actually at home with my tablet I'd give it a shot.

Merry Xmas /amgcyoag/

>Happy Holidays
>Not Merry Christmas
Disappointing, user

It's alright /amgcyoa/. God knows we don't know how we'd make a jump for you anyways. Merry Xmas.

What's the toughest monster you've had to face this Christmas season?

agonising back pain that left me crippled

Rolled 15, 5, 5, 10, 13, 6, 3, 16, 14, 14, 14 = 115 (11d20)

The Overcity in general has been kicking my ass, if that counts.

What is your mahou doing for Christmas?

She DOES celebrate Christmas, right?

My MonG will Grinch up her world.

Threw a christmas party. It was a fun time.
She promptly got drunk before the actual party started because she taste tested a bit too much of her present.

I've been gone for a few months so what's been updated?

AMGC is still a trainwreck, no updates there. The IRC slowed down after a few people quit.
SCS and the Discord are on the up and up.
The threads still get shitposted in. Drama all day erry day.

Ignore the shitposter AMGC's doing fine and the IRC is, as always, more active than the Discord. The IRC's activity has actually picked up recently.

Torque got found trying to rig polls and quit AMGC. They're still trying to figure out who's going to pick up the pieces, last I heard. Pity, too, because it was in the middle of what was supposed to be a fairly major update.

The SCS has been upgraded a few times. There's still a couple of problems and spell creation has been downsized, but for the most part it's pretty much done.

Dunno the state of the IRC. Don't honestly particularly care.

Discord's activity is pretty hit/miss because of the holidays, but there's a playerbase. We just need to get off our asses and GM some games.

How is that a shitpost? AMGC DID stop uodating.

>Rigging polls
>Tried to get one person to change their vote because he wanted to fix one of the most abusable features of the game

That's called "rigging", user.

Thank you for asserting my point.

I'm pretty sure I rigged a poll once, but that was because whoever did it failed at attempting even the most basic precautions against multi-voting and announced it because goddamn how do you fuck up like that on a public forum like Veeky Forums?

The action was dishonest and arrogant but the poll itself was not rigged, the outcome was still decided by the voters. It was also one poll, not multiple polls. You distort the situation when you over generalize.

There's a difference between futzing with popularity contests and demanding somebody completely change their written opinion on a mechanical change in exchange for favors.

Torque was out of line and there's been suspicions of him doing shit like this and tampering with polls for a while before the incident. That said, the mods didn't even punish him that hard, they just said he couldn't run polls anymore. He threw a tantrum after that and fled the community, throwing his AMGC-related docs in the trash.

Even DSD managed to not be that salty. When you outpace the IRC's "boogeyman" that's some real shit.

The AMGCunts rigged polls for Core by keeping them user on strawpoll. At least Torque tried to keep a facade of accountability up.

And who is DSD?

An excellent question, and best left unanswered, honestly.

Delicious Salmon Dinner

>AMGCunts
Do you ever get tired of shitposting?

Rolled 20, 15, 18, 8, 3, 10, 14, 9, 9, 17, 10 = 133 (11d20)

Rolled 1, 9, 18, 14, 7, 12, 13, 19, 8 = 101 (9d20)

Rolled 20, 9, 7, 17, 18, 13, 7, 4, 6, 9, 17 = 127 (11d20)

Fuck it, let's go.

Rolled 8, 9, 6, 16, 8, 12, 18, 17, 19, 6, 6, 8 = 133 (12d20)

Rolled 1, 2, 14, 11, 13, 10, 17, 14, 14, 14, 15, 4 = 129 (12d20)

More distortion. Torque deserved the black mark on his reputation for what he did, not the bullshit you're pretending he did. He asked for BK to change his vote if BK wanted him to edit a picture for him. Minutes later, Torque regretted it and did the work for no compensation. He should never have asked in the first place, but after that the only thing he's guilty of is refusing to bow before the mods.

Fast forward to the mods punishing him. In the first place, they had no authority over the voting in the first place. They also had no democratic authority themselves, which Torque had pointed out a number of times before. Their decision to bar him from running polls only prevented the system from seeing further improvements. It had nothing to do with his actual "crime", since he didn't abuse his position in any way. In fact, he'd done a great job and your claim of prior suspicions is completely unfounded. It's almost certain that you just hated the guy because he was fairly enforcing his polling rules (or perhaps you didn't like his suggestions for system changes). Regardless, we've seen firsthand that without him there has been no innovation in AMGC.

As for him leaving, what actually happened is that he brought up a proposal to make it so that mods were chosen by the community. Then BK decided to make an ad-hom by bringing up the source of Torque's beef with the mods. Admittedly, the community deserved to know what Torque had done. That had nothing to do with his argument itself, though, because he'd always been against the current mod situation.

So yeah, Torque left when BK revealed his misdeed and destroyed his reputation. Who can blame him, for that or for not continuing to host his Google Doc?

Torque literally brought up the mod thing THE DAY AFTER the mods smacked him for even SUGGESTING that fucking with a vote was okay. I won't disagree on the mod situation, but that was just dumb, even if he'd argued it before. You and I both know that many people in this community can't discern logic through a filter of aggression and anger.

He also argued that despite the fact that he rescinded his offer, he didn't think it was wrong. He argued this at least twice in these very threads.

>It's almost certain that you just hated the guy because he was fairly enforcing his polling rules (or perhaps you didn't like his suggestions for system changes).
How fucking dare you. I respected Torque as an equal and a colleague. Sure, we had differences of opinion, and he couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag without getting salty, but he ultimately wanted what was best for the health of AMGC, and I can't fault him for wanting to do it differently than I.

>So yeah, Torque left when BK revealed his misdeed and destroyed his reputation.
This doesn't do anything but shift the blame, and it disqualifies Torque's contribution to the matter, which was indeed reprehensible and fully in his control.

>Who can blame him, for that or for not continuing to host his Google Doc?
Me. It's absolutely shameful of him to run away like that because somebody said some mean things about him that were true. He should've owned his mistakes and worked to improve himself. It's a disgrace to him, everything he's worked on, and the community in general.

Torque was the only one doing any work for AMGC. So what if he asked someone to change their vote? On Titanpad you can see revisions, and with Torque's system every vote had a name attached. He could have easily hosted a private poll if he wanted to make sure his suggestions got approved without giving others a chance to fact check.
If the IRC administration was halfway competent he'd have never been in that position to begin with.

Let's not forget the tantrum every old IRC mod had where they abandoned the IRC then handed off mod status by playing favorites. Not through a democratic vote which Torque always campaigned for.

The system was corrupt and Torque stood to change it.
The mods who warned him were asses who didn't want their power taken away. It was an excuse they needed to drive off a threat to their position.

Fuck off. Everyone knows you're shitposting and the thread doesn't need this kind of drama.

Go fuck yourself. Torque wasn't perfect but he didn't deserve to be exposed and humiliated like he was by people who didn't have a right to their position.
I respect his efforts and if you care for Core you should understand that losing him for the game blows. It's been months and nothing has changed in it. Why? Because a good man was lost over stupid shit.

>Because a good man was lost over stupid shit.
A good man left because of his own choices.

Bitching about it won't solve anything.

Literally no-one has any problems with the current mods. Zene, Jran and DEK were all appointed MONTHS after the old mods left with virtually no protest from the community.
They're not power-hungry at all. Hell, they're not even responsible for Torque leaving.

Torque REFUSED to accept that what he did was wrong, and continued to insist that his attempts at vote-rigging were justified just because he refused to even CONSIDER that the other side, the side that had won the democratic vote, was right.

He wasn't a good man at all. He was arrogant and petty and we're better off without him.

>It's been months and nothing has changed in it
Wrong. We have actually updated the system since he left, thanks to Zene. And the best part is, now we can update the system without having to deal with a flame war over every detail a certain someone disagrees with.

Rolled 10, 7, 17, 8, 20, 2, 16, 16, 13, 16, 1, 11 = 137 (12d20)

Let's not bicker during Christmas time friends.